Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that his social skills may be not the best, and self-dialoguing might be another proof.
Well if he’s talking to himself, then we’re possibly dealing with a different type of killer entirely (a mentally ill one).

The crime scene would make that clear, atleast to investigators.

That clip doesn’t get me there though.

Last edited:
The focus for the past two years has been on an older male as the suspect/POI. I wonder now that the focus has changed to a younger person (likely local) if perhaps LE will 'revisit' some occurrences that happened in the area the past two years? Is the possible suspect still alive? Did he commit another crime that looked like an accident? Did he totally change his life style, friends, habits etc?

Thank you very much! I do recall one of the entrances was officially closed not long after the murders, the second entrance I think it was, something to do with the Meeres (sp?) property but the reason why is testing my memory.

They own the land, they got it from CSX railroad at some point after the right-of-way was abandoned.

So these are access points, neither are parking lots? Because very early on there was oft-repeated rumours here on WS of at least one car of a certain colour in the parking lot. So is the only parking location close to the main trail entrance where the suspect’s car was believed to have been parked? If so, a car parked there from noon to 5pm would certainly cause suspicion and although LE claim to have a witness, surely nobody was starring at a car for five hours straight. It’s also an out of the way place for CCTV unless it was installed on the abandoned building. But that wouldn’t take this long to obtain...so maybe satellite imaging? ...a head scratcher for sure.

Good questions. I'll post a video shortly which should clear things up a little.

and he seems stocky, but it also looks like he was wearing extra clothing to disguise himself or for use later on :(. He is an extremely distressing sight to see on a desolate bridge.
From the first time I saw BG, I couldn't help think he was so overdressed, and had to be absolutely miserable given the warm, sunny afternoon.

I agree that his social skills may be not the best, and self-dialoguing might be another proof.
I don’t know what it is about the audio but he seems so in control, that I actually think he would blend into society well.

When we finally find out who did this, I will be so intrigued to see if they’re investigated for any other crimes.

I saw a picture of the room in which the press conference was held. There was a huge banner with various terms for God on it, such as: savior, deliverer, etc. There was also a smaller banner with a symbol on it almost like curved crosses. Are these usually in that room, or were they sending a seriously religious message? Will try to find the picture.

ETA here is the link Relatives of slain teen say double-killing will be solved

The press conference was held here:

https://www.wabashanderiecanal.org/

I stumbled upon it during my trip to Delphi in August of '17, it's at the north end of town. It's very nice, I checked out the park area, and there just happened to be some gathering of some sort of ISP and their families.

The building where the PC was held is called:

Wabash & Erie Canal Conference & Interpretive center

I've wondered myself about the religious symbolism mentioned here. I have not seen videos showing it. I did not go inside the building in '17, so I don't know if it's something the historic group does, or if there's a group which meets there.

JMO

Wow, that's really helpful! So from the abandoned building to the bridge is about 20 minutes on foot?
A witness saw a vehicle parked there on the 13th around 11:30 am. I wonder if it's the same vehicle LE is interested in. Jmo

Oops I thought I was replying to the post you quoted. (I think it's time for bed.)

I believe it's the same vehicle, and I've seen it described as a "white pickup".

Looking at the distances a little closer, a healthy adult could probably walk from the DSS building to the MHB in under 20 minutes.

JMO

I'd like to share some stuff which I hope clears up what we're talking about re: the old department of social services office where LE say a vehicle was parked on Feb. 13th, 2017. A witness stated early on that she saw a white pickup parked there, she was on her way into Delphi for lunch and saw it parked there. My hunch is this witness was driving on County Road (C.R.) 300, and drove right past it. The Andersons grain terminal property is right across C.R. 300, there are some railroad sidings, and a cluster of buildings spread across a large property.

The DSS building was abandoned at the time of the murders. There's a possibility there was no activity at Andersons that day, considering the time of year, and I checked their schedule shortly after the murders and there was nothing scheduled for that day, if memory serves.

A YouTube user posted this great video of their drive from Indy to the spot where A&L were dropped off. Posted Oct. 30th, 2016. Looks to me like the video was taken weeks prior to being posted. It's the best video I've found which shows how to get to the bridge from route IN 25, this person would have been northbound. I was southbound when I visited in 2017, but once I got off of that highway it's the same route.

1. At about 3:50, we see the south end of the Andersons complex, with some rail cars parked on one of the sidings. Driver turns right, then the low-slung DSS building in question comes into view. I included a screen grab with a line drawn on it below for reference. I've suspected BG may have parked at that building for a while now, after thinking he may have parked at the cemetery. At any rate, when the building was still there, it would have been easy to conceal a vehicle from view from IN 25, my guess is BG parked on the C.R. 300 side of the building, not on the south side, between the building and the trail.

2. The bridge in the background is the Freedom Bridge. It's part of the trail network in that part of Delphi/Deer Creek Township. Technically, the trail which leads to the Monon High Bridge (MHB) starts right there at the Freedom Bridge, goes through a heavily wooded area which is the old Monon Railroad right-of-way, to the trailhead (which is by the old parking area, which could park maybe 3 vehicles), then it continues on to the MHB. The trail by the trailhead, and on to the bridge, is on private property. The Girard reserve adjacent to it, which has a trail which goes down to the creek's edge, is public property.

The main trail in question was terribly overgrown until about 2004, when a local group was formed to clean up and preserve the trail and the MHB.

3. At the turn we see the Freedom Bridge, the trail, etc. I was wrong in an earlier thread, the drive from the DSS building to the drop-off point for A&L takes approximately one minute, according to this video:

4. Note how peaceful and quiet it is along 300. What did I hear out there? Crickets. Bugs. A train goose the horn for a crossing in town on the Norfolk Southern line through there.

5. The screen grab shows the DSS building on the right, the Freedom Bridge behind it, and I drew a line to show the trail in reference to those two subjects.

Again, just to iterate, the DSS building is no longer standing.

Attachments

• SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 90
Shortly after the murders, there was this:

Asked if residents should be afraid of a killer on the loose, Delphi's police chief responded "I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation. They are smart enough to figure out with the situation warrants and what to think."

“I feel safe for this community. Whether or not folks should be alert and watchful, that’s a true statement. But we always encourage that folks always do that," said Sheriff Leazenby.

Now, apparently, it was worth mentioning at a press conference for Delphi residents that the murderer may have been seated in their midst.

I guess it's ridiculous and overly dramatic to have to inform the public that a murderer is on the loose. That's every day anywhere you go.

From the first time I saw BG, I couldn't help think he was so overdressed, and had to be absolutely miserable given the warm, sunny afternoon.
It was like 40-something degrees!! I know I am from new Orleans where people will be breaking out coats at 60, but would yall not wear a jacket in the 40s? In the woods? That's a real question. In the 40s here, lots of people dont even want to walk out the door because they say it's too cold. I love it, but it is chilly!! So, I'm always confused by people thinking his jacket (not even a full winter coat) is too much. It seems very normal and appropriate, to me.

I hope my internet is never tapped like that, lol. WS related activity would definitely be suspect.
Wouldn’t
wouldnt it be wild if the police could have “tapped” the internet to see who started searching for the shack title in and near Delphi. I bet the perp searched for that title asap after hearing the presser

what if the original BG was just a pic the girls took?..what if his pic was only to establish with the perp that YES WE HAVE PICS...the perp would not know if there were more pics..

I think it was not a planned murder.... I think it was spontaneous....Val. day means nothing.....the perp could very well be a local out pinging with a gun...looking for rabbits to shoot for instance...

I can't get over how distraught Carter was....rubbing is head....he could barely contain himself...

we just watched "The Shack"....very religious themes ..

Carter was throwing out a life saver to the perp.....

I hope, hope, hope they rope him in.....

build your enemy a golden bridge to retreat on......iows, give the perp a way to turn himself in....

It was like 40-something degrees!! I know I am from new Orleans where people will be breaking out coats at 60, but would yall not wear a jacket in the 40s? In the woods? That's a real question. In the 40s here, lots of people dont even want to walk out the door because they say it's too cold. I love it, but it is chilly!! So, I'm always confused by people thinking his jacket (not even a full winter coat) is too much. It seems very normal and appropriate, to me.
I'm my opinion, an open, light jacket such as what Libby was seen wearing in the photo of her on the bridge was appropriate for the day. In comparison, BG appears to be wearing hoodie, overcoat, hat, etc...totally overdressed for the reported conditions.

How terrifying for those poor girls. I find this particular enhanced video the most frightening. It's so obvious now, imo, why Libby filmed this man. He does appear to be talking to himself and in an angry way. I realize pixels can be deceiving and people will fill in the blanks of an incomplete picture but just the same, what an horrible sight he is as he's approaching them.[/QUO
Shortly after the murders, there was this:

Asked if residents should be afraid of a killer on the loose, Delphi's police chief responded "I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation. They are smart enough to figure out with the situation warrants and what to think."

“I feel safe for this community. Whether or not folks should be alert and watchful, that’s a true statement. But we always encourage that folks always do that," said Sheriff Leazenby.

Now, apparently, it was worth mentioning at a press conference for Delphi residents that the murderer may have been seated in their midst.
Scary times there!

what if the original BG was just a pic the girls took?..what if his pic was only to establish with the perp that YES WE HAVE PICS...the perp would not know if there were more pics..

I think it was not a planned murder.... I think it was spontaneous....Val. day means nothing.....the perp could very well be a local out pinging with a gun...looking for rabbits to shoot for instance...

I can't get over how distraught Carter was....rubbing is head....he could barely contain himself...

we just watched "The Shack"....very religious themes ..

Carter was throwing out a life saver to the perp.....

I hope, hope, hope they rope him in.....

build your enemy a golden bridge to retreat on......iows, give the perp a way to turn himself in....

IF the perp is such a religious and accepted member of society, he CAN'T do that: turning himself in. IMO

I guess it's ridiculous and overly dramatic to have to inform the public that a murderer is on the loose. That's every day anywhere you go.

So many times I’ve noticed if it is domestic related & the cops don’t warn the public of danger then we know it’s familiar, which give us sleuthers the heads-up.

but they're not of two different people

sketch 1 was made by an FBI artist from looking at the video
the video is BG
sketch 2 is the one they want us to consider so therefore it is BG
the video and sketch 2 are BG

Did it change since the press conference? Because I thought he said, same guy.

Much the same as "Is the dress white or blue?"

That said, I'm one who sees similarities. I see familial similarities of two different people. I never thought it to be the same person exactly but perhaps an older version and a younger version within the same family. And I've even considered both sketches might meld together to be a completely different person because I do see similarities.

Of course, now we know that sketch #2 is now the suspect and #1 is not.

It is very confusing, given they weren't as clear as they maybe could have been at the press conference (probably could have been cleared up if they had allowed questions from those present at the presser, the delay in releasing this info today has just given the public more time to be confused). But it's pretty clear from their update in the following article:

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) — Indiana State Police are clearing up questions about a new sketch released of the suspect in the Delphi murders.

The first point made is that the new sketch is the person police are now searching for and the old sketch is no longer a person of interest.

The two sketches do not depict the same person.

Indiana State Police say the new sketch does show the face of the person captured on video on Libby German's cell phone walking on the bridge.

State Police clear up points on new Delphi sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members