Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back to Google Maps and looked at the intersection of Stearns School Road and Skokie Highway ( Rt. 41) and there are cameras at the intersection lights in all four directions. Also, the road on the other side of the light from Skokie Highway looks just like the driveway that is shown in several of the news highlights.
I bet that LE has some good pictures of the car and occupants as it went through the intersection.

I just went back to Google Maps and looked at the intersection of Stearns School Road and Skokie Highway ( Rt. 41) and there are cameras at the intersection lights in all four directions. Also, the road on the other side of the light from Skokie Highway looks just like the driveway that is shown in several of the news highlights.
I bet that LE has some good pictures of the car and occupants as it went through the intersection.
Are those really cameras or are they emergency light trippers? As in, the police or fire dept need traffic to move out of the way and they flip that electronic sensor. The light turns green quickly and traffic clears out as they approach. I’m not a camera expert so this is just my inexperience asking.

She is like me, I always stop and buy my grandkids goodies that I why I think she stopped and shopped, somewhere along the way. All stores, nowdays, have cameras on their parking areas. Like I said before, if she put a cart away she left her car doors open and someone got in. MOO

I thought about that too, but they look like the intersection cameras we have here in Connecticut. The emergency light flipper control panal is on a post on the ground at the intersection here. You may be right. An intersection that size and that busy has cameras around here.

She is like me, I always stop and buy my grandkids goodies that I why I think she stopped and shopped, somewhere along the way. All stores, nowdays, have cameras on their parking areas. Like I said before, if she put a cart away she left her car doors open and someone got in. MOO
The big Gurnee Mall is only a couple of miles up on Stearns School Road, maybe she was carjacked there. They may have come down Stearns School Road, crossed the intersection and up that driveway.

The big Gurnee Mall is only a couple of miles up on Stearns School Road, maybe she was carjacked there. They may have come down Stearns School Road, crossed the intersection and up that driveway.
YES, I was thinking of that!!! She left early, in my opinion, to go shopping! I have read about bad things happening in mall parking lots.

YES, I was thinking of that!!! She left early, in my opinion, to go shopping! I have read about bad things happening in mall parking lots.
Yes, and the police are aware of it, too, and we can bet they've investigated as thoroughly as three months will allow. Not every store has parking lot cameras, and not every grandmother shops on her way to visits. There are thousands of variables to investigate. But a quarter of a year has passed and police still lack evidence that an unknown party caused the death of Ms. Ryan.

But, LE has just said that they have no evidence to say that someone did this to her. I hope that just means that they haven't reviewed all the possible camera footage.

Yes, and the police are aware of it, too, and we can bet they've investigated as thoroughly as three months will allow. Not every store has parking lot cameras, and not every grandmother shops on her way to visits. There are thousands of variables to investigate. But a quarter of a year has passed and police still lack evidence that an unknown party caused the death of Ms. Ryan.
The big stores Walmart, target and even dollar tree all have cameras on their parking lots! Those and Gurnee Mills are the most Likely stores she would have shopped at. The reason we think she shopped is she left way early 12 for a4:30 game. That's the obvious reason. I think if they had one person concentrating on this case, they would find out what happened.

Wow and they haven't seen her car on that date in that time frame?!

Or they have and it points to the other explanation which is so very difficult for most, especially family, to accept. I don’t know how LE typically treats a case that they have determined to be a suicide. It is such a painful situation for a family I can’t imagine what the correct/compassionate/best way is to manage the public information of a case like this. It’s a tragedy either way.

But, LE has just said that they have no evidence to say that someone did this to her. I hope that just means that they haven't reviewed all the possible camera footage.
Last week, LE said they are still going through electronic evidence and needing to conduct more interviews.

But their investigation is far from over. The sheriff's office said they are still going through electronic evidence. The most recent clue released is that when Kathleen's body was found in the car, it was found in the passenger's seat.......
........Investigators are still looking for people they have not talked to who might have seen Kathleen on February 2nd.

Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death

I guess I wasn't paying close attention to Milwaukee news back in February because I seem to have missed this story. I live in Milwaukee. I just read the whole thread though and have to say that my first thought was suicide, before I even got to a post suggesting it.

It's easy for those of us who have "healthy" minds to question why in the world would anyone pick burning themselves. Or, to think this lovely woman would never do this to her family. And, but she loved her grandchildren and had gifts for them. As well as literally every other reason there is for people not to kill themselves. But, people who commit suicide, more often than not, don't have "healthy" minds and so we just have no way of comprehending the choices they make.

My mother-in-law lived a wonderful life, had a loving husband of over 40 years, financial security, two sons and five grandchildren, all of whom she loved dearly. One August morning I sent my daughter off to her first day of kindergarten and posted pictures of her in her school uniform to Facebook which my MIL commented on with how beautiful her granddaughter was and how much she loved her. This was the same day my husband (her oldest son) started his dream job and we had all seen each other that past weekend and talked about how bright the future looked. They had upcoming travel plans, my husband had his new job, and she talked about looking forward to volunteering at the kid's school again that year. That night, she left her house while my FIL was sleeping, sat down on train tracks and let a train hit and kill her.

That it was messy, graphic, horrifying, and not just life changing for her family, but also for the poor train engineer, didn't matter. That she loved her husband, her sons and her grandkids didn't matter. That she had upcoming plans didn't matter. That she probably knew she'd be dead the next morning when she made those Facebook comments didn't matter. That she knew we'd have to tell her grandchildren that she'd died and that she'd never see them again didn't matter. So yea, it doesn't make sense, but people do things that defy common sense.

By way of statistics "Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that women’s suicide rates have been on a sharp rise since 2000 — up by 50 percent — and that women are most likely to kill themselves between the ages of 45 and 64." And also, "suicide often happens without any known battle with depression or mental illness preceding it."(https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/the-life-threatening-side-effect-of-menopause/ and Deaths From Suicides Up Among Middle-Age Americans)

I have a feeling the gap in time was time spent thinking about what to do and getting up the courage to go through with it. Like a few other people have said, it reminds me of Cheryl DeBoer.

I guess I wasn't paying close attention to Milwaukee news back in February because I seem to have missed this story. I live in Milwaukee. I just read the whole thread though and have to say that my first thought was suicide, before I even got to a post suggesting it.

It's easy for those of us who have "healthy" minds to question why in the world would anyone pick burning themselves. Or, to think this lovely woman would never do this to her family. And, but she loved her grandchildren and had gifts for them. As well as literally every other reason there is for people not to kill themselves. But, people who commit suicide, more often than not, don't have "healthy" minds and so we just have no way of comprehending the choices they make.

My mother-in-law lived a wonderful life, had a loving husband of over 40 years, financial security, two sons and five grandchildren, all of whom she loved dearly. One August morning I sent my daughter off to her first day of kindergarten and posted pictures of her in her school uniform to Facebook which my MIL commented on with how beautiful her granddaughter was and how much she loved her. This was the same day my husband (her oldest son) started his dream job and we had all seen each other that past weekend and talked about how bright the future looked. They had upcoming travel plans, my husband had his new job, and she talked about looking forward to volunteering at the kid's school again that year. That night, she left her house while my FIL was sleeping, sat down on train tracks and let a train hit and kill her.

That it was messy, graphic, horrifying, and not just life changing for her family, but also for the poor train engineer, didn't matter. That she loved her husband, her sons and her grandkids didn't matter. That she had upcoming plans didn't matter. That she probably knew she'd be dead the next morning when she made those Facebook comments didn't matter. That she knew we'd have to tell her grandchildren that she'd died and that she'd never see them again didn't matter. So yea, it doesn't make sense, but people do things that defy common sense.

By way of statistics "Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that women’s suicide rates have been on a sharp rise since 2000 — up by 50 percent — and that women are most likely to kill themselves between the ages of 45 and 64." And also, "suicide often happens without any known battle with depression or mental illness preceding it."(https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/the-life-threatening-side-effect-of-menopause/ and Deaths From Suicides Up Among Middle-Age Americans)

I have a feeling the gap in time was time spent thinking about what to do and getting up the courage to go through with it. Like a few other people have said, it reminds me of Cheryl DeBoer.
That scenario was difficult for your family but there is no evidence whatsoever that Kathleen was suicidal. She did not sit down on train tracks and allow a train to kill her.

JMO

It would be easy to say it was a suicide and forget about it. IMO it was NOT a suicide.

Suicide is never an easy thing for LE to have to say or for families to accept. No-one is suggesting this not be investigated, and as a homicide, but when LE comes out and says that they can't find any proof of anyone doing this we're sort of left with suicide being high on their list of what happened. Hopefully, someone will come forward with some information, or they will find some kind of electronic evidence that sheds more light on what happened.

Im not saying this is a suicide...but, what if her cancer had returned. (i read up thread she'd had cancer).... and she didnt tell anyone.

Was so despondent that she did do this.
But what still puzzles me, is why was she in the passenger seat.

I would think she'd be in the passenger seat only if someone else was driving???

*sorry if this has already bn discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500