Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, he could've contacted LE and threatened to kill again unless they mentioned "The Shack" in the PC. That could be why it was all so awkward.

I don't think the killer called LE at all but let's hope he does.

IMO, The Shack (book or movie) is personal to Carter, he was trying to appeal to the killer.

I wonder what is being done to all those billboards bearing the original sketch. How many are there? Does anyone here have any close to them?

The FBI billboards are digital. Have they been featuring only the Delphi case throughout all this time or was that more so at the beginning? I’m not sure.

10 Years of Digital Billboards

Since they made arrests already in the Bowen case it's pretty doubtful. Here's the article on those who are alleged to have killed Nicole: Another person charged in wake of alleged Newton County murder

Yes, but the arrests may have revealed some new info about Libby and Abby. The authorities stated more arrests and charges possible pending DNA results.

Meth can make one look much older than their actual age. I just think the timing of the arrests in Nicole Bowen and the April 22nd press conference are perhaps related. Also, the shack reference.

The garb he was packing in his jacket tells me he had intentions.
A random kidnapping and murder is rare. They're usually from someone known to the victim or family or circle of friends. Not pointing fingers at anyone tho.

Just a theory. Perhaps the DNA Leazenby refers to in the ‘Radar Online’ article was tested & arrived back weeks later revealing a much younger BG. Investigators then realized the original composite sketch of BG was faulty.

The reason I thought of this is based on the link below.Investigators in a cold case discovered years later their original composite sketch of the murderer was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying
Additional DNA resting on the clothesline matched a DNA sample taken from Milam’s blouse. The DNA didn’t match any profiles in the system. Further DNA testing allowed police to develop a composite profile of the killer. Keen went through 1,100 arrest records by hand to eliminate certain suspects and got it down to about 106 people.
But it turned out the original composite was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying

MOO

A reason that DNA, if available, can be used to determine if a composite sketch is faulty is because our unique characteristics are based on our ethnic background, including skin, eye and hair colour. For example someone with ancestry from Ethiopia appears physically different than another from Ireland. Analysis of DNA is able to unlock the code of what those physical characteristics are.

DNA doesn’t reveal ones age or weight although advancements using blood and teeth are reported.

I don’t think he was dumb enough to return anyways.

It was way too soon, and he’d probably just done something that he’d never done before.

His adrenaline high would likely still be going, and it would be an unnecessary risk.

Interesting you think it was his first time.

I have to say I think it was definitely not the first time. Trying to subdue 2 victims is just crazy, takes balls and experience. I think he’s done it before and will do it again. Especially when you see his walk, and how he certainly had a plan and didn’t look nervous.

I think he returned too. I think he may have even comforted the family. I think he is one of those people in the community you never expect, the type people say is upstanding and has their respect.

JMO

I just wonder if that same drug connection exists with Libby and Abby, or maybe they were murdered randomly by this certain drug addict for sport, he told some of his meth friends along the way, and one of them (maybe Nicole) snitched to the police.

Addicts don't usually engage in behavior like murder for sport. They are too busy trying to get money for their drug of choice and getting high. They just dont have time or the mindset for anything but their next fix.

JMO.

Once again, in the linked article, LE says absolutely nothing about the DNA that has any meaning.

"Investigators say they discovered DNA evidence at the crime scene where two Indiana teenagers were found murdered last week. That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators."

This is basically the same thing LE said in another article about needing to process the DNA they found at the crime scene. It could be the girls' DNA or it could be contamination DNA. LE is being very careful to not say they have the perp's DNA.

"DNA evidence" is a large tent that can encompass a lot of testing and results.

Even if there was a hair left at the crime scene by the perp, the hair root and bulb would need to be present to extract enough DNA for identification.

In addition, the crime scene was not in a secure climate-controlled environment. The evidence and bodies were outside in the cold February weather, with a blanket of wet dew near a creek. DNA collection from that type of compromised crime scene would be difficult under the best of circumstances.

How long does it take to process a good sample of DNA? It doesn't take two years. By now, the sample should have been at Parabon NanoLabs or some other lab for processing, extraction and familial/autosomal DNA tree-building.

LE says they're back to the beginning. They've changed what the suspect looks like. They're begging for tips on a vehicle seen one afternoon over two years ago. If LE had the perp's DNA, they could already have a better sketch of what the perp looks like from Parabon and an idea of who the perp's family is by now.

They could be building the case on actual evidence. I don't understand why LE said just months after the murders that familial DNA testing and genealogy was "on the table." It either is, and should have already been used, or they don't have what they need to go forward with the testing.
Good post again.....Thank you for it....Is it possible for LE to have DNA tied to a suspect, but cannot be used as evidence in the case, because of contamination( LE/searcher mishandling of the DNA evidence material found) ?

Last edited:
Addicts don't usually engage in behavior like murder for sport. They are too busy trying to get money for their drug of choice and getting high. They just dont have time or the mindset for anything but their next fix.

True. I used that word as I am at a loss for a motive for someone to murder these two children. Perhaps there was a motive other than thrills. I don't know.

Yes, but the arrests may have revealed some new info about Libby and Abby. The authorities stated more arrests and charges possible pending DNA results.

Meth can make one look much older than their actual age. I just think the timing of the arrests in Nicole Bowen and the April 22nd press conference are perhaps related. Also, the shack reference.

NB was murdered prior to the Press Conference. As her name was never mentioned I don’t think there’s any connection, nor would there be reason to release for LE to release a sketch of an unidentified suspect linked with a vehicle in the parking lot of an abandoned building on the day of the girl’s murders, over two years ago.

And if Carter’s reference to the well known book and movie, The Shack, was some sort of clue to the murderer connected with “a shack”, wouldn’t LE have outrightly asked for tips from anyone who sighted this person at that specific location?

Interesting you think it was his first time.

I have to say I think it was definitely not the first time. Trying to subdue 2 victims is just crazy, takes balls and experience. I think he’s done it before and will do it again. Especially when you see his walk, and how he certainly had a plan and didn’t look nervous.

I think he returned too. I think he may have even comforted the family. I think he is one of those people in the community you never expect, the type people say is upstanding and has their respect.

JMO
What he did took no experience, as long as he was armed. I believe he was.

If this wasn’t his first time, it wouldn’t be all that difficult to link him to any unsolved nearby murders.

There don’t appear to be any.

I agree with you on one thing, he’ll likely kill again if given the opportunity.

Just going off the DNA - how about LE lead a big push in the community for voluntary DNA testing. If he's local with family, unless he's adopted, that'll in effect find him if the townspeople get behind the effort.

I hope LE has used existing dna databases to check what they have now. MOO, and I'm quite aware many people are "against" DNA searches, but that's a whole other argument that I think pales when it could help solve the horrible murder of the girls. TY

NB was murdered prior to the Press Conference. As her name was never mentioned I don’t think there’s any connection, nor would there be reason to release for LE to release a sketch of an unidentified suspect linked with a vehicle in the parking lot of an abandoned building on the day of the girl’s murders, over two years ago.

And if Carter’s reference to the well known book and movie, The Shack, was some sort of clue to the murderer connected with “a shack”, wouldn’t LE have outrightly asked for tips from anyone who sighted this person at that specific location?

I don't know. I do think the FBI involvement at the outset is interesting, and maybe telling. Investigators mum about death of West Lafayette woman found near Kentland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903