Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has a list of people they are interested in. They are appealing publically to those close to him that may know something. They are shaking the apple tree to see what falls down. The appeal is also to rattle BG. They teased him a bit with the you want to know what we know statement. They are hoping someone starts to behave differently and that once again those near him will notice.

I think this may also explain the stuff about the vehicle. Unless something memorable happened to someone in regards to that vehicle, I don't think anyone would remember a specific one in a car lot from two years ago. I wouldn't. I think the whole thing about calling in if you have any information about it is less about wanting actual info and more about showing part of the cards in their hand. It shows that they know something and perhaps they hope that will bring BG, or someone who knows him, to the surface. They could also be bluffing and, with that, hope that he makes a mistake out of nervousness.

How this plays into whether or not they know his identity is uncertain to me. I don't believe that they have a particular person in mind, but I think it's possible that they have a vague idea that just isn't settling into place yet.

Snapchat is what is bugging me too. It’s a known fact that SC was a part of their lives as it is in many teens lives.

The question of did the girls let someone know they were going to the park - they could’ve via SC and no one would know. How did bg know they were on the bridge - could’ve seen the post on the story or the pic could’ve been sent to him directly via SC. If the pic was only posted to her story who looked at the story - unless LE or one of her SC friends took a screen shot of her story history by 2:07 on the 14th we will never know. I doubt that happened and that’s not a ding at anyone - The priority at the time was finding the girls. No one thought it would be a homicide investigation.

If I remember right, I’m pretty sure LE has said, and on some talk show, the families have said that the social media angle was thoroughly looked into and nothing was found. I imagine that included looking at the activity on the different accounts and also talking with the girls’ friends about what they saw or received.
That being said, LE didn’t tell us about the car at the old CPS building, so, who knows.

Yep I'm sure they have a well organized system to organize and process tips

I just wish the public would use common sense when submitting tips by following what Investigators have actually asked for specifically

I think many people think ahhh whats the harm, I matched this poi up on social media, I don't know him and I didn't witness anything but My Hinky meter is on high alert

They don't realize that resources are being wasted to look into erroneous tips rather than using those resources in a more purposeful manner

JMO
I agree. Yet I bet there are many identical tips that come in. Of the 42,000 or so, it would not surprise me if 40,000 were about the same "suspects." Although that would still waste time, these would just have to be read over for new information and not waste additional resources checking them out or investigating. However, now, with the more specific guidelines, I hope LE is getting more valuable tips overall.

A sad coincidence for sure, but I think it's just that-a coincidence. We've parked there when the smaller "lot" was full. The parking situation at the park is not ideal. It's often just a park wherever you can find a place type of deal. We've probably parked at the old CPS building half a dozen times and I didn't even know that's what it was until the press conference.

Do you remember when the building itself was demolished? Google shows it gone in Dec 2018 and the helicopter video shows it still standing 14 Feb 2017.

Wondering if LE established whatever they needed to re: the vehicle and now they just have to track this guy down.

The recent release mentions vehicles plural, so I am still bemused by the whole vehicle thing. When KG dropped them off and DG went to pick them up, they would have passed this building and the vehicle(s) if they went that way. If there were several vehicles parked there, it would be more difficult to remember IMO.

Just out of curiosity, did the recent press conference and the information released change anyone’s theory about this case or BG? I was aware of, but did not follow this case prior to the PC.

Edit: it’s a weird question, I know.
Other than the obvious things based on information (younger, local suspect) my main theory did not change. However, although I believe LE when they say there is one killer, I am now open to the possibility (still not my main theory) that there was a separate driver of the vehicle LE are looking for that enabled the killer to move around so rapidly. I still don't think that is likely but it is a new possibility. MOO.

Regarding “tip” reporting:

Years ago my former husband and I bought a home in the country that had a large yard. The yard had been neglected and the first thing we did was landscape the yard.

Shortly after we completed the landscaping, our neighbors had a large family get-together. We were shocked to come home and see them casually parking cars in our front yard! There were several cars parked already and the neighbor was standing there directing another car into our yard as we pulled into our driveway. WTH?? He walked over and said that the previous homeowner had given them permission to park cars in their yard.

We informed him nicely that we had spent a lot of money and time landscaping and we didn’t want anyone parking on our grass. He was furious, told us that they only had a small driveway, and where did we expect his guests to park???

The very next day someone reported us as a “tip” in some crime that was in the news at the time. When an investigator came to talk to us he said all tips had to be followed up on, and said clearly some “tips” result from neighborhood disputes. In about two seconds he said that he realized the “tip” on us was unsubstantiated.

Last edited:
Hiding in plain sight is a well known reference to pedophiles. Whenever someone says that it is what I immediately think of. They are even known to have forum topics dedicated to this on the dark web.

That’s why I also think it was sexually motivated. I think the PC was totally playing at the killer, every single sentence.

Hiding in plain sight is a well known reference to pedophiles. Whenever someone says that it is what I immediately think of. They are even known to have forum topics dedicated to this on the dark web.

That’s why I also think it was sexually motivated. I think the PC was totally playing at the killer, every single sentence.

Totally agree!

What if say BG is the son of a much older couple in Delphi or a very rural area around Delphi. Or possibly lives with his aging granparents?

They have limited news resources and possibly only hear a few bits of gossip here and there at church or maybe the corner diner. Naturally the OBG doesnt look anything like their son or grandson and don't give it a 2nd thought.

Now since the new sketch has been released, and possibly looks like son/grandson, they are...

A) Terrified of him thru threats?

B) Not wanting to give him up because he is a source of income and provides care for them?

C) Don't want to call in and possibly collect a reward because the community will eventually find out who they are and blame them for not turning him in sooner only to be shunned by the community in their old age?

And my last question I'm going to throw out there is I know from traveling quite frequently throughout Indiana, that there are quite a few pockets of Amish communities. Could it actually be possible that the young new BG is a part of the Amish/Mennonite community where tech is virtually non-existent?
MOO.

Do you remember when the building itself was demolished? Google shows it gone in Dec 2018 and the helicopter video shows it still standing 14 Feb 2017.

Sorry, I don't remember. I was up there in January of 2017 and it was there and then when I returned for a funeral in February of 2018, it was gone. I know that doesn't help. :confused:

Targeted generally means the victim was chosen whether or not there was any type of prior relationship.

Jamie was randomly sighted by the perp in advance but she was specifically targeted by him to be kidnapped although she didn’t know she was being stalked. If one or both Delphi girls were targeted in the same way, I agree it may have been a similar situation where they may not have known the killer personally either.

IMO a random killing would be anyone walking on that bridge could’ve become the victim.

If the girls were murdered by somebody who found out they were going to be on the trail that afternoon who then followed them, they were targeted. JMO

Target - google dictionary
select as an object of attention or attack.
"two men were targeted by the attackers"
synonyms: pick out, single out, select, choose, decide on, earmark, fix on; More

Thank you. I understand the definition of the word "target." However, I still maintain that Jayme was random. JP knew he wanted a girl, but he didn't have one in mind until he saw Jayme. He targeted her after he saw her in a random moment. She was not someone he previously knew. Just as I think BG probably went to the park with the intentions of doing something and chose Abby and Libby because they were there, female, and he underestimated them.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 7 possible suspects on this case.( They are probably all innocent).... I am tired of "rolling and scrolling" these threads........ Somebody please solve this case and bring Justice for these girls !!!..........There, I feel better now.....moo

^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS. What are the odds that a non-violent offender from California would travel to Delphi and commit a very violent crime?

Plus, let us think of what it means. Some of these non-violent offenders were probably rotting in jail for marijuana transactions, and California already legalized marijuana since those times. Or maybe their crime was petty thievery from big department stores. I am positive that people of CW type would not get into this released pool, and we are talking about someone not totally unlike CW. MOO.

I have 7 possible suspects on this case.( They are probably all innocent).... I am tired of "rolling and scrolling" these threads........ Somebody please solve this case and bring Justice for these girls !!!..........There, I feel better now.....moo

We all feel the same, @cody22. But yesterday I thought of the reasons for it to go slow, put myself into LE’s shoes. And I am not pushing them any longer. I hope they will do it.

Other than the obvious things based on information (younger, local suspect) my main theory did not change. However, although I believe LE when they say there is one killer, I am now open to the possibility (still not my main theory) that there was a separate driver of the vehicle LE are looking for that enabled the killer to move around so rapidly. I still don't think that is likely but it is a new possibility. MOO.

I believe 2 people were involved. I'm on the fence on the degree to which the 2nd person was involved.

So it states Vehicle(s). Hmmmm. Were several cars parked together and they can not isolate which one was involved. I think BG was on the highway to get back to his car and was mistaken for a hitchhiker. He walked out a different way than the way he came in. Was there a little party going on at the bottom of the bridge?

Sorry, I don't remember. I was up there in January of 2017 and it was there and then when I returned for a funeral in February of 2018, it was gone. I know that doesn't help. :confused:

Yes it does help. Thanks, that narrows it down to still being there from Feb 2017 to Feb 2018, so it was demolished sometime in that 12 month period. I'm only asking as I wonder if it was around long enough to ever be examined by LE before demolition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle