GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

I do believe both parents are guilty of these charges. Now that being said that was one of the fastest verdicts I've ever seen. I truly thought we wouldn't have them coming back until tomorrow afternoon. There will be accusations of Jury misconduct,Unfortunately!

My sound kept stalling so I don't know what McNabb did to get removed from Court, just after verdicts were given.

Right from day 1 McNabb sat in that springy chair, letting it rock him back and forth. I wanted to hit him and tell him to sit still, so infuriating.

LWOP for him and 30 years for Bell. I feel saddened for her grandparents and her father. They tried so hard to steer her into a good place. But, as they say Love is Blind.

At sentencing the judge allowed both defendant to talk. They both claim they are innocent. McNabb was more upset because the state called a doctor to the stand. The female doctor was either a psychologist or psychiatrist, I can't remember, and she was called to the jail to talk to him. He was in suicide garb, called a turtle suit. She stated McNabb told her to look up and when she did, he was standing, had his penis out , and was masterbating. There was a glass partition between them. McNabb claims that was false, and that he had a right to confront the witness but the judge had already excused the witness. Bell also spoke, saying she was a good Mom. The judge reminded her about meeting with her on Wednesday, and he had explained to her why she was charged and she was not a good Mom and that any other Mom in the county would say her actions were not a good Mom. He told her most Moms are like grizzle bears, and have the term Momma Bear for a reason. That some Moms don't even let people visit their newborn due to protecting them from possible germs and illnesses. He told her she did the exact opposite, and had a mixed up view of what a good Mom is. He told her she created an environment that allowed her child to be killed. That she chose McNabb and meth over her kids.

My sound kept stalling so I don't know what McNabb did to get removed from Court, just after verdicts were given.

Right from day 1 McNabb sat in that springy chair, letting it rock him back and forth. I wanted to hit him and tell him to sit still, so infuriating.

LWOP for him and 30 years for Bell. I feel saddened for her grandparents and her father. They tried so hard to steer her into a good place. But, as they say Love is Blind.

From the commentary on Court TV, apparently McNabb stood up yelling that it was a set up. I was watching the coverage which did not show that outburst but the commentator in the courtroom reported it.

I love when the Judge asked Mcnabb (after he told the Judge he was innocent) what would be the sentence you would give to whoever did this. Mcnabb says.. Under the jail.-
.Judge replies- Max sentence right? Mcnabb yep ..
Judge ..ok I sentence you to Life.

I do believe both parents are guilty of these charges. Now that being said that was one of the fastest verdicts I've ever seen. I truly thought we wouldn't have them coming back until tomorrow afternoon. There will be accusations of Jury misconduct,Unfortunately!
After reading the transcripts of the interviews with McNabb and Bell, which the jury viewed, I don't believe there will be any accusations of jury misconduct. Nothing says the jury has to deliberate for a minimum period of time.

Both these people deserve what they got. Like the judge, I'm sick to death of drug using mothers who don't care about their children always claiming to be a "good mother." Yeah, right.

And they can both shout about how they're innocent - while they sit in jail and rot. The evidence tells the truth.

I agree with you on all your points. I'm just guessing what the defense may put forth now that we begin the whole appeal part of this. Sad that all these dumb dumbs had to do was call one of the responsible adult in these kids lives and they would be well taken care of!

I agree with you on all your points. I'm just guessing what the defense may put forth now that we begin the whole appeal part of this. Sad that all these dumb dumbs had to do was call one of the responsible adult in these kids lives and they would be well taken care of!
Yes! And that speaks to what I was saying in my post upthread about both parents wanting... possesion, for lack of a better word... of their kids even though they could not and did not care for them properly. They don't want 'em but by God no one else will have them! We see this over and over.

This case was insane. The people called in to testify? Wow. "I got hit with asphalt. My jaw was wired shut. I was sitting in the car trying to eat a burrito." Just a mess. A big disgusting horrible mess. I'm glad Caliyah gets justice of sorts. Life in jail doesn't really provide justice but I guess it's the best we have. That poor baby never had a chance.

This case was insane. The people called in to testify? Wow. "I got hit with asphalt. My jaw was wired shut. I was sitting in the car trying to eat a burrito." Just a mess. A big disgusting horrible mess. I'm glad Caliyah gets justice of sorts. Life in jail doesn't really provide justice but I guess it's the best we have. That poor baby never had a chance.

So happy and grateful they were both found guilty! I followed this tragic case when it happened but just noticed that the pink sleeper she is wearing has the wording "Daddy's Girl" on the top front. That broke my heart all over again. Her dad cared nothing about her, or anyone, but himself and his drugs. Just two weeks old..

So happy and grateful they were both found guilty! I followed this tragic case when it happened but just noticed that the pink sleeper she is wearing has the wording "Daddy's Girl" on the top front. That broke my heart all over again. Her dad cared nothing about her, or anyone, but himself and his drugs. Just two weeks old..
The detective who did much of the interviewing, Jeff Alexander, was IMO amazing and probably trained in forensic interviewing.

What stuck out to me was that with both parents he talked about Caliyah being out in the woods all alone and how predators could be attacking her, etc. IOW, painting a picture of their helpless baby out in the cold.

Neither parent reacted. For all their blather about "Ooh, I just want to find my baby" neither had any emotion when a graphic picture was given to them. They were so busy covering their own asses and lying through their teeth that they couldn't even drag out a tear for Caliyah.

Rot in hell.

From the commentary on Court TV, apparently McNabb stood up yelling that it was a set up. I was watching the coverage which did not show that outburst but the commentator in the courtroom reported it.

Thank you MsArk. I'm going to look for a link to rewatch the verdict over again, trouble is some links won't work for me due to me being in UK. I'll try YouTube later this morning.

I've followed the case from day 1 and couldn't decide who did it for sure. Was it Bell and McN covering for her? No.

During the court case the friends who were witnesses turned on McN. We heard what a violent person he is, the rages he took out on so called friends.

I now believe McNabb when he says he didn't do it. WHAT? He didn't do it because he can't remember doing it. He and she and some friends had been up all night smoking Meth. Yeah, smoking meth, so McN couldnt sleep that night, he messaged a friend and told him. An hour later he messaged that same friend and told him that he, McN had done it, he had killed his baby.

He was so high, he was out of it and hadn't got a clue what he did. He now has been given his just desserts, to rot in prison.

Tweets from yesterday:

Marissa Mitchell‏Verified account @MarissaMFOX5

Christopher McNabb sentenced to life w/o parole in the death of his newborn, Caliyah.The child's mother, Courtney Bell,was sentenced to 30 years in prison with 15 to serve. 2 years ago,McNabb spoke directly to me & @BillyHeathFOX5 during a search for the baby @FOX5Atlanta

Marissa Mitchell on Twitter

(Video at link)

Leigh Egan‏ @LeighEgan

Caliyah McNabb: Emotional outbursts as both parents found guilty of murdering 2-week-old baby [BREAKING] https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/05/14/caliyah-mcnabb-emotional-outbursts-as-both-parents-found-guilty-of-murdering-2-week-old-baby-breaking/ … via @crimeonlinenews

Leigh Egan on Twitter

Jon Shirek‏Verified account @JonShirek

Cortney Bell sentenced to 30 years—15 in prison and 15 on probation for neglecting her infant daughter Caliyah McNabb and failing to prevent the father from murdering Caliyah. She’s in tears—“Y’all know I didn’t do it.” #11alive

D6jj168WAAAOTF5.jpg

D6jj17MWAAExO3p.jpg

Jon Shirek on Twitter

Jon Shirek‏Verified account @JonShirek

Chris McNabb sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder of his infant daughter Caliyah. “I’m innocent,” he tells Judge John Ott. #11Alive Watch live: Trial of parents charged in murder of 2-week-old daughter https://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/crime/watch-live-trial-of-parents-charged-in-murder-of-2-week-old-daughter/85-02217f27-5aca-4390-b7d4-6de5c8d28a3c …

D6jh4NyX4AA2mbE.jpg

D6jh4NkXkAYZFKW.jpg

Jon Shirek on Twitter

After reading the transcripts of the interviews with McNabb and Bell, which the jury viewed, I don't believe there will be any accusations of jury misconduct. Nothing says the jury has to deliberate for a minimum period of time.

Both these people deserve what they got. Like the judge, I'm sick to death of drug using mothers who don't care about their children always claiming to be a "good mother." Yeah, right.

And they can both shout about how they're innocent - while they sit in jail and rot. The evidence tells the truth.
Thanks MsMarple and the rest of you for keeping me updated!

I wasn't shocked when these two were found guilty. Who else would have murdered Sweet Baby Caliyah but these two. I liked the Judges explanation to Bell what her charges were for. Then she pouts like a child. She is lucky he was nice to her.

Then comes McNabb he is a whole different subject. I don't think his case will be appealable. I don't think he will fare well in prison, I could be wrong though there could be many just like him in the Georgia system.

Now I wish the baby killing would just stop here. imo

RIP Caliyah!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard