Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Yes I'm glad he is found but to not have a concern abt this repeated phrase seemes foolhardy to me. Said he was repeating "here all night" when they found him? "here all night", "here all night" is that a concept a child of 22 months knows how to articulate and express verbally? They have 0 concept of time & some don't understand night from morning yet. They may know the sun from the moon & sleep. Was this a question of him initially? I'm a little thrown off by that. Anybody here that can help us work through that?

Some children understand the phrase 'all night' , even at that young age. My little granddaughter had a pretty big vocabulary and she would ask me, " You sleep all night?' when I would sleep over at their house. She was not even 2 yrs old and she would ask me that early in the morning, when I was still in bed. "You sleep all night?" lol

MAGOFFIN/FLOYD COUNTY LINE –

<modsnip>

When they realized he was missing, they started looking for him, then called the South Magoffin Volunteer Fire Department, whose members helped search for the child for approximately half an hour before calling 911. Kentucky State Police, Magoffin County Sheriff Department, Magoffin County Rescue Squad and other agencies then joined the search, which was briefly called off at the 24-hour mark until officials could get more information and resources.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

The father, Elden Howard, told Mortimer, “It’s the best feeling I’ve had in my life,” thanking everyone for prayers, for bringing food, the search and rescue crews, dogs, horses – everyone involved in finding the boy.

The case remains under investigation and more information will be released as it becomes available.

PRAYERS ANSWERED: Toddler found in the woods after 3 days | Salyersville Independent

Last edited by a moderator:
MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (WSAZ/WYMT/WKYT) -- UPDATE 5/16/19 @ 6:10 p.m.
Kenneth Howard is still under the care of doctors at Cabell Huntington Hospital Thursday evening.

Kenneth Howard, who is 22 months old, was found unharmed Wednesday after being missing since 7:30 p.m. Sunday from his home in Magoffin County, Kentucky.
His aunt Vicky Howard tells us, ‘Kenny’ has some swelling and is still a little dehydrated but, all things considered, he's doing great.

UPDATE | Aunt, cousin speak as toddler recovers in hospital

Delete

Last edited:
The reason for my question is this: if somebody did take that child and chanted this "here all night" mantra with him, having him join along in hopes he wouldnt shout their name right out when he was found if he was known to him even distantly, Because ive never heard the term "here all night" said by a child that age unless prompeted by an adult at the time it was said so it gave me pause and I hope that inveatigators would consider the possibility since there are cases of pedophiles walking into homes or climbing through a bedroom window to abduct a child only & return them later. Too much time on websleuths but it would be smarter than walking past 15 cameras in the city. If they Just travel to the country and bypass all that and return the child farther out when they're good and ready, some very sick ppl out there. Yes, I want this to be balloons amd cake and celebration only but, the investigation didnt end when he was found. A child was missing for 4 days, his family was heartsick and every resource used to find him, searchers were hurt and he was in danger for 4 days. We all pray he was just toddling around the mountains of course but I do want them to make sure there isnt a criminal in their midst.

thats precisely how children that age talk IMO

Broken sentences connecting the few familiar words they know. Mom says now you sleep all night tonight ok baby sweet dreams etc

Here all night is not a stretch to me

And makes perfect sense in my experience

So glad that Kenny is still improving. 24 hours of IV fluids is definitely a lot. He was pretty dehydrated for sure. I hope that LE learns from this... not to underestimate or write off these little kids.

It seems every time they are just doing one final search before they call off the search... and find them. Kenny was still healthy! It's terrifying to think they could have left him there to die because they gave up too soon.

Some children understand the phrase 'all night' , even at that young age. My little granddaughter had a pretty big vocabulary and she would ask me, " You sleep all night?' when I would sleep over at their house. She was not even 2 yrs old and she would ask me that early in the morning, when I was still in bed. "You sleep all night?" lol

Yes. Mine told me today that I needed to go back to sleep because I looked like I needed it. He's a charmer that one! (He just wanted to do things he knows he's not supposed to.):rolleyes:

So glad that Kenny is still improving. 24 hours of IV fluids is definitely a lot. He was pretty dehydrated for sure. I hope that LE learns from this... not to underestimate or write off these little kids.

It seems every time they are just doing one final search before they call off the search... and find them. Kenny was still healthy! It's terrifying to think they could have left him there to die because they gave up too soon.

Yes. Mine told me today that I needed to go back to sleep because I looked like I needed it. He's a charmer that one! (He just wanted to do things he knows he's not supposed to.):rolleyes:

bbm
And let's not forget that he is 22 months old -- that "terrible-two's" is certainly an exaggeration, as we who have seen and dealt with the phenomenon know, but it is a definite part of toddlers and their development as a person separate from his/her mom & dad. I have 3 grand-daughters, 6, 4 and 2, and their dad, my son, was also a 2 y/o way back when. We've all seen them, at that age, say or do something, they don't hear, "No," so they smile and do it again...

They realize that they are no longer a physical part of mom/dad, they can talk a little, and they are -- uh-oh -- mobile. They stretch the boundaries, and they learn what will work and what won't. So they stretch them again and again, and they learn -- their little brains are sharp and amazing.
That's what he did that day -- he saw no one around, we assume, so he took off, probably delighted with himself and feeling like a "big boy." They he got hungry, thirsty, probably heard his dad and/or mom calling and tried to get back.

We know the rest, and we are thankful.

Great picture of such a special victory. If I were his Mom/Dad, I would hang it in his room so that he will know how special he and all the folks are -- more that just the ones in the victory pictures, surely, but what a great testament to faith in good people and good thoughts and prayers.
No tears here -- I just have a big, big smile!! Ahhhh!
that's a great idea!

Rescued toddler found on cliff hailed as 'true Kentucky mountain boy'

Billy Kobin and Lucas Aulbach, Louisville Courier JournalPublished 5:09 p.m. ET May 16, 2019 | Updated 8:46 a.m. ET May 17, 2019

The search for 22-month-old Kenneth Howard had stretched for nearly 67 hours when a rescue crew took a break Wednesday afternoon near a strip mine in Eastern Kentucky.

The team's eight members were among hundreds of volunteers and emergency staffers from different agencies who had been looking for the lost little boy. And some were losing hope.

But suddenly, firefighter Michael Tussey thought he heard a cry. The team quieted down and started calling Kenneth's name, and they followed their ears.

Toddler missing for 3 days in Eastern Kentucky is found safe

Now Kenneth is being hailed as a "true Kentucky mountain boy." The cliffside where he was sitting was 1,755 feet away from his Salyersville home, where he was last seen about 7:30 p.m. Sunday, officials said. ......More information at link, per this report 911 call came in 8 to 10 minutes after parents could not locate Kenneth.

MaryAnn Fletcher - WYMT

Words can not explain how happy I am to be able to see this baby in person.

This is 22-month-old Kenneth Howard.

After missing for more than 65 hours, this blue eyed boy was found alive near an old strip mine on the Magoffin-Floyd County line.

So many cried tears today, but they are happy tears.

Kenneth’s mother, Samantha, says she knew me before I introduced myself. She hugged my neck and thanked me for being there throughout the search and rescue. That moment embodies what makes this career worth all the long hours, stressful deadlines, and heartbreaking stories.

Thankfully, this is not one of those stories.

She told me at night, she always rubbed his little feet. Now, she is thankful to be able to rub those cute toes again.

Words can not describe the emotions she has experienced in the past week.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity.”
-Agatha Christie

Tonight at 6, I’ll have a full story on this homecoming.

MaryAnn Fletcher WYMT

Attachments

• 5BFACDE6-B827-492C-A314-56CE589265C3.jpeg
    5BFACDE6-B827-492C-A314-56CE589265C3.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 77EE0978-5968-4F8B-8736-C76C06508ED5.jpeg
    77EE0978-5968-4F8B-8736-C76C06508ED5.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 47
  • E16249EA-F813-4A52-8C56-9DD257733DCE.jpeg
    E16249EA-F813-4A52-8C56-9DD257733DCE.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 47
Kenneth Howard receives a "super" welcome home surprise

(Video at link)

FLOYD COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - More than 65 hours and a hospital stay later, 22-month-old Kenneth Howard is home safe.

“My baby is a miracle," said Kenneth's mother, Samantha Moore.

Mother's day evening, Kenneth wondered off into the mountains near his home.

"I can't explain to you what that feels like. You can't explain that feeling," recalled Samantha.

This is something many adults admit, they could not fathom.

"It's hard and that last day I was giving up hope," Samantha pointed out.

Even Batman is in awe of this little boy.

"Today, we're here to celebrate Kenneth," said John Buckland, also known as "Batman."

Saturday, he drove to Prestonsburg to visit during the Floyd County Community Early Childhood Council Heart Fair.

"No matter how much the chips are stacked against you, you may be down, but you're never out," said John.

He talked about an important message many can take from Kenneth's triumphant story.

"With all the drug addiction and all the suicides, and all the things we have going on in our lives, a 22-month-old boy comes along and shows the whole world how to survive and that hope is not dead," John explained.

Before John Buckland transformed into Batman, he lived a villain's life.

"I mean, I went through really bad child abuse, drug addiction because of all that pain that I didn't get help for, two suicide attempts, just a train wreck of a life," recalled John.

Now, he is dedicating his life to fight for the greater good.

"September 4th of 2012, God woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to be Batman," said John.

Driving a Batmobile named the "H4H Hope Mobile", John is the president of Heroes 4 Higherwhich is a non-profit organization.

"Regardless of how much you wander off in life, don't ever quit fighting," said John.

John visits incredible kids like Kenneth with a story of resilience and faith.

"Technically he was by himself. But I know he wasn't by himself," John pointed out.

"When they found him, the scratch on his head is in the shape of a cross," added Samantha.

Proving anyone can be a superhero.

"He's my little Grizzly Adams," said Kenneth's mom with a smile on her face.

Kenneth Howard was treated for tick bites, scratches, and dehydration; however, he is in great shape considering his journey.

For more information on Heroes 4 Higher click here.

Attachments

• 9A2CF1FF-EBC4-4D8E-BE18-C730A218F942.png
    9A2CF1FF-EBC4-4D8E-BE18-C730A218F942.png
    555.2 KB · Views: 37

(Video at link)

FLOYD COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - More than 65 hours and a hospital stay later, 22-month-old Kenneth Howard is home safe.

“My baby is a miracle," said Kenneth's mother, Samantha Moore.

Mother's day evening, Kenneth wondered off into the mountains near his home.

"I can't explain to you what that feels like. You can't explain that feeling," recalled Samantha.

This is something many adults admit, they could not fathom.

"It's hard and that last day I was giving up hope," Samantha pointed out.

Even Batman is in awe of this little boy.

"Today, we're here to celebrate Kenneth," said John Buckland, also known as "Batman."

Saturday, he drove to Prestonsburg to visit during the Floyd County Community Early Childhood Council Heart Fair.

"No matter how much the chips are stacked against you, you may be down, but you're never out," said John.

He talked about an important message many can take from Kenneth's triumphant story.

"With all the drug addiction and all the suicides, and all the things we have going on in our lives, a 22-month-old boy comes along and shows the whole world how to survive and that hope is not dead," John explained.

Before John Buckland transformed into Batman, he lived a villain's life.

"I mean, I went through really bad child abuse, drug addiction because of all that pain that I didn't get help for, two suicide attempts, just a train wreck of a life," recalled John.

Now, he is dedicating his life to fight for the greater good.

"September 4th of 2012, God woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to be Batman," said John.

Driving a Batmobile named the "H4H Hope Mobile", John is the president of Heroes 4 Higherwhich is a non-profit organization.

"Regardless of how much you wander off in life, don't ever quit fighting," said John.

John visits incredible kids like Kenneth with a story of resilience and faith.

"Technically he was by himself. But I know he wasn't by himself," John pointed out.

"When they found him, the scratch on his head is in the shape of a cross," added Samantha.

Proving anyone can be a superhero.

"He's my little Grizzly Adams," said Kenneth's mom with a smile on her face.

Kenneth Howard was treated for tick bites, scratches, and dehydration; however, he is in great shape considering his journey.

For more information on Heroes 4 Higher click here.

I'm not going to Lie I'm pretty jealous .....:cool:

But seriously pretty cool, my hats off to Heroes 4 higher

Unfounded rumors still persist about this case and they are just that-rumors. There's been nothing to suggest LE believes anything other than what's been reported happened. I really hope that those who continue to spread things are dealt with appropriately. If you see someone claiming to have "inside information" on this, please ignore. The last thing this family needs is for internet strangers to cause them more grief. Both parents have been photographed, including at the community homecoming party, with KH since his discovery.

Toddler missing for 3 days found alive on 50-foot cliffside near strip mine

Kentucky State Police spokesman William Petry said earlier there was no evidence of foul play.

There's always an investigation after a child goes missing, and it continues after they've been found. It's protocol and the existence of such an investigation does not imply that something nefarious occurred. My child died a "natural" death, but state protocol still meant that LE had to come into my house, take pictures, interview us, etc. It's just something that they do here. It's paperwork.

Unfounded rumors still persist about this case and they are just that-rumors. There's been nothing to suggest LE believes anything other than what's been reported happened. I really hope that those who continue to spread things are dealt with appropriately. If you see someone claiming to have "inside information" on this, please ignore. The last thing this family needs is for internet strangers to cause them more grief. Both parents have been photographed, including at the community homecoming party, with KH since his discovery.

Toddler missing for 3 days found alive on 50-foot cliffside near strip mine

There's always an investigation after a child goes missing, and it continues after they've been found. It's protocol and the existence of such an investigation does not imply that something nefarious occurred. My child died a "natural" death, but state protocol still meant that LE had to come into my house, take pictures, interview us, etc. It's just something that they do here. It's paperwork.

'Harder every day'
Shortly before he disappeared, Kenneth was with his dad, state Trooper William Petry said Thursday. Howard left for a few minutes, thinking Kenneth was in the backyard alone. But Kenneth was gone when his dad returned, and Petry said the 911 call came eight to 10 minutes later.

There was no evidence of foul play in the boy's disappearance despite conspiracy theories floating around social media and other calls made to police, the trooper said.

"There’s been a lot of people voicing their opinions," Petry said. "There’s comments out there, we’ve not found any of them to have any bite into them at all."

ETA: Yup -- I don't think LE could be more clear here. :)

I was one of the 1st to question kenneths remarks when he was found. and maybe I rushed to judgement, but I did refrain from specualting when he went missing bc I didn't get that vibe at all. But Boy the media made it sound like there was a lengthy wait before 911 was called. Just goes to show everything reported isn't always accurate. The kid was in the backyard. Not going out the back door or on front porch. Either way, this baby is alive and well and the parents were in torment. They wont be leaving thia kid alone for a very long time. Accidents happen and parents aren't super heroes as much as we like to think we are, kids slip off.

Lost mine in WalMart and lost my mind within 10 seconds and everybody thought i was a lunatic. I practically attacked the lady at the dressing room area, "get on your microphone and help me, please have you seen a 3 yr old in a red shirt & overalls?" She just glanced at me like I was talking abt a 40 yr old man lol The urgency that runs through a parents body is so overwhelming i coukd hardly stand up but managed to run forward. She was found by another shopper & had climbed into the "car" grocery cart that an employee was using for stocking. She was happily "pretend" driving while her mother was having a complete come apart in WalMart.:D Felt like the LONGEST 2 or 3 minutes of my life. She was my wanderer. I cannot begin to imagine days of that, seriously, its a dump of adrenaline and then I found her, its the only scenario I can relate to this situation. Poor parents. So happy they have their baby back!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back