Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back to the media thread to look for something yesterday. (Didn't find it yet).

I read the first six pages, and interestingly LE stated that they had many people who lied to them in the beginning. Probably for reasons related to drugs, cheaters, warrants etc.

Maybe BG was one of them, and copped to a trivial lie for whatever reason and LE bought it and just moved on.

I imagine many of Delphi's secrets came to light in 2017. I wonder if the divorce rate went up? Lol moo.

And another murder was solved -

BBM

August 17, 2017
“Looking for leads in the deaths of two Delphi teens, a call on the tip line led to a cold case arrest in Cass County.

While being questioned about the deaths of Abigail Williams and Liberty German, Kevin Sellers admitted he killed his uncle 10 years ago.

Investigators with Indiana State Police said this isn't the first time they've solved unrelated cases thanks to tips on the Delphi line. In fact, they've solved between 20-25 separate cases......

.....In the Cass County case, court records state the "tip referred to Sellers as having killed his uncle some years before and had gotten away with it." Sgt. Riley said it's common to get tips from people commenting on a potential suspects criminal background....”
Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Then there’s this, only 6 months into the investigation..... “The main thing we’re looking at is to solve this case in particular. We want that one tip that is going to give us the information that will lead to the arrest and conviction," said Sgt. Riley.”

MOO Carter personally believes two witnesses saw a single man.
MOO one saw him in old clothes maybe a distance, and saw him as older, one saw him dressed normally for a young man.

I don’t think we can automatically draw that conclusion based on what Carter said considering he’s Superintendent of ISP, who also issued this release -

“Indiana State Police clarified Wednesday that the two different sketches released in the Delphi double murder investigation are of two people and the man depicted in the first sketch is no longer considered a person of interest in the case.”
Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation

Most GOV vehicles have regular plates so they would look like any other car.
I just can't buy it. Take a company or government vehicle, while likely clocked in, park in a highly visible location, go kill two girls, not knowing how long it will take, who might see you, or if you'll get messy and then leave traces all over company or government vehicle...

In my mind, it doesn't make sense. JMO

I don’t think we can automatically draw that conclusion based on what Carter said considering he’s Superintendent of ISP, who also issued this release -

“Indiana State Police clarified Wednesday that the two different sketches released in the Delphi double murder investigation are of two people and the man depicted in the first sketch is no longer considered a person of interest in the case.”
Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation
Then this on GMA:
DC: "That's correct, but remember, the sketch is not a photograph. It's something similar to a resemblance. And the likelihood of this being
something between the two (sketches), is probably pretty strong.
But again, that's a subjective opinion, based on what I believe."
BBM
eta see post 161 for reference article.
eta "'s

Last edited:
Yes, but:

Phones in cars traveling the roads: Pinging and moving on, pinging and moving on, pinging and moving on.

VS

Phone in car (or on the ground, or on a person not moving): Pinging and not moving, pinging and not moving, pinging and not moving.

You get the picture.
Lol yeah that makes sense.

I had to google the details now because what made me think about what I posted in my post above was the case "Mirco" in Germany, a 10 year old boy who was killed in 2010. I can't find any links in English, but a witness saw a certain type of car near the crime scene. And then they looked through 240,000 cell phone data protocols and after 133 days found one phone that moved in the same way that they thought the perp would have moved with his car. And it fit with the car that the witness saw. And that's how they caught him.

I think I remembered that case now because there was a car involved as well that the police knew about.

Fall Mirco: Handy-Daten führten laut Chefermittler zum Mörder - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Panorama

(link in German)
Thanks for posting. Very interesting.
For some reason, I don’t see BG getting a burner phone but hopefully he had a cell phone with him. MOO

Then this on GMA:
DC: That's correct, but remember, the sketch is not a photograph. It's something similar to a resemblance. And the likelihood of this being
something between the two (sketches), is probably pretty strong.
But again, that's a subjective opinion, based on what I believe.
BBM
eta see post 161 for reference article.
Are you sure he is not talking about the likelyhood between the sketch and the still picture of the killer in the video? Did he actually say between the two sketches? I thought he was also talking about the (real) picture and the sketch when he made that comment. Imo

I went back to the media thread to look for something yesterday. (Didn't find it yet).

I read the first six pages, and interestingly LE stated that they had many people who lied to them in the beginning. Probably for reasons related to drugs, cheaters, warrants etc.

Maybe BG was one of them, and copped to a trivial lie for whatever reason and LE bought it and just moved on.

I imagine many of Delphi's secrets came to light in 2017. I wonder if the divorce rate went up? Lol moo.

Well, I know it is a joke, but if the divorce rate seriously went up, I would not laugh. It means horrible unprofessionalism of the investigators, who might come home and blab to their wives of friends. Even one divorce case related to this murder is too much.

Jailing RL for unrelated charge was a mistake as well. It gave locals with not-so-clear history a totally wrong message.

Reposted interview:

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Date of Interview: 05/16/19

Interviewer: The quiet period ends today in the Delphi murder investigation. It has been more than two years since the murders, and two weeks since the release of new clues in the case. State police said they would wait to say more until more tips came in, and give time for the families to absorb the new information.

Interviewer: Well, that time has passed now, and State Superintendent D. Car**r (DC) is here now. Good morning, Sir.

DC: Good morning, S****.

Interiewer: We've been reporting on Day Break that some 3,000 tips have come in since the release of the new information. Is any of it different? Is any of it useful?

DC: It's all useful, and it's all--the vast majority--is different. I'm thrilled with what's happened since then, and we still have a lot of work
to do, but we're not near done.

Interviewer: When we first got word--it was on Friday when we first got word that there was new information. Some of the things struck me as unusual; you invited the public to this, you weren't taking questions at that point, to wait those a little bit later. And in that briefing, it seemed like you were speaking directly to whoever did this, with the sense that this person might even be in the room. Do you think that person was in the room?

DC: I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by, but I'm 100% convinced he was watching.

Interviewer: Why?

DC: Because of all that has happened over these last thirty months--the information that we had received, the information that we knew--and I hope to one day be able to tell that story.

Interviewer: You said something during the briefing that struck me--you feel like the investigators may have talked to him. You think that at some point, or since then, one of your guys has gotten in front of this person and asked him questions, and if so, how, at that point, did it not lead to an arrest, and how could it be moving forward?

DC: Well, I think it's likely. I think it's likely. There's a lot of opinions out there, there's a lot of subjective opinions, there's a lot of analysis
being done, which we're trying to encourage folks to not do, those kinds of side-by-side analysis. I really believe, that over time, we're gonna have an idea that we were onto something early on. Now remember, this isn't a 43-minute TV show, we have to, we have to, we have to understand that's not just science, but it's also human intelligence, what people know.

DC: Somebody knows whose body that is. Somebody knows. You take the head off that person, and you'll know, you'll recognize the body, whether it be your dad, your brother, your uncle, your friend, your neighbor, your coworker. That's the piece we're waiting on. I believe that we'll get there. There is an extraordinary group of people up there that's doing this work, and I believe they're gonna come to a successful resolution.

Interviewer: You mentioned the body. In the release of video, and this is only two or three frames of video, but it shows the movement of the person. It's been asked, and I'm sure it's been asked of you as well, why not release that sooner? You knew right away you had a picture, but a picture's different than video. Why wait that long?

DC: Yeah, a picture is different than video, and a sketch is different than a photograph. So you are right, you are absolutely correct, we'll be
able one day to tell you what we know, and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know, versus what we think. We have to be very, very careful there. Remember, it's easy to give an opinion if you don't understand the factual basis for what we've done and why. I don't mean that in a critical sense. But, we have to protect the integrity of what we know. And, geez, we're gonna stay at it.

Interviewer: The sketch, and to be clear, and you did clarify this after, in case folks didn't hear it, you don't want them to look at both
sketches anymore. You only want them to look at the newly-release sketch, correct?

DC: That's correct, but remember, the sketch is not a photograph. It's something similar to a resemblance. And the likelihood of this being
something between the two (sketches), is probably pretty strong. But again, that's a subjective opinion, based on what I believe.

Interviewer: And, certainly, you've shown frustration at the killer, at the fact that it takes a long time sometimes to find this(?)
The families have gotta feel frustration as well. And, one question that occurs to me, if they are fielding rumor, that you've said you
don't like, that you could head some of that off by sharing some of the grim things that the families shouldn't have to share. Why is it
that we don't know how these girls died? Why is it that we don't know if they were sex****ly assa**ted?

DC: Because only the killer knows that. And so do we. That's why. And you're right--the frustration of the families is something I
can't even begin to fathom or understand. And, we've tried very, very hard to stay connected with them, throughout this thing, this process.
But remember, a lot of people are starved for information, particularly sensationalized events like this. We can't show our hand. We
just can't.

Interviewer: Will there be a point when things change? Because it's been two years; you've changed strategies now, you have to be
looking down the horizon, if you don't get the resolution you want, you may think it may be because people want to sensationalize things.
I've heard from people close to those families who say we're tired of answering FB posts about did this happen, did that happen.

DC: I can't begin to understand their frustration. But, we can stay connected with them. And, I can't say sensationalism in a negative sense at all. Because I'm thrilled about what you've done, what you've allowed us to do today. Because this is why we'll be successful. This is why we'll be successful. But, we can't turn this into a wide-open schematic of what we know and why. We just can't. But, I believe that one day, we'll be able to.

Interviewer: You've been involved in investigations that have lead to convictions, you've been involved in some frustrating cold cases. Do you think someone will go to trial for this case someday?

DC: Yes.

(General interview wrap-up)

Thank you so much for both linking the interview vid and for taking the time to transcribe it, crhedBngr!

SFF:
DC: Somebody knows whose body that is. Somebody knows. You take the head off that person, and you'll know, you'll recognize the body, whether it be your dad, your brother, your uncle, your friend, your neighbor, your coworker.

Like somebody alluded to earlier, unless BG is Ichabod Crane, you aren't going to recognize a headless body as your brother, dad, etc., based on that video snippet shown to the public.

If that were the case, then LE could have blacked out the head portion of the video and just shown BG from the neck down.

Maybe, just maybe, if BG had been taking a casual stroll on a flat sidewalk, then yes, it's possible that someone would be able to recognize his headless body by his gait, stride, mannerisms, etc.

But he wasn't.

BG was walking on an uneven, elevated surface, having to weave to avoid large holes/gaps.
While carrying the contents of his kill kit stuffed up inside his coat.
With adrenaline no doubt coursing through his veins.
His gait, stride, pace and balance would have all been affected, i.e., altered,
up on that bridge.

BG ain't walking like he normally does.

JMO.

Last edited:
I just can't buy it. Take a company or government vehicle, while likely clocked in, park in a highly visible location, go kill two girls, not knowing how long it will take, who might see you, or if you'll get messy and then leave traces all over company or government vehicle...

In my mind, it doesn't make sense. JMO
I agree with you. It makes no sense and it’s definitely too risky. He would take his personal car instead of a GOV or company car. MOO As I’ve posted before, I’m not convinced there’s a connection with the car parked there and BG. MOO

Are you sure he is not talking about the likelyhood between the sketch and the still picture of the killer in the video? Did he actually say between the two sketches? I thought he was also talking about the (real) picture and the sketch when he made that comment. Imo
Why would he say it is his subjective opinion if he were talking about the perp looking like a blend between sketch and the video picture? LE says they depict same person so that would not be subjective, just a fact.

I went to "Golden State killer" and pushed "images". If you scroll down, to younger DiAngelo, you can compare the sketches with real photos. Very interesting. However, he had a banal face, I understand how sketches would not help, for years. Just a couple for comparison.

ETA: in the article about the Golden State Killer, there is his full psychological profile. Interesting. They mention him killing and raping out of hatred of women. His only explanation (if it was really his) mentions his 6th grade teacher making him rewrite long texts. He said he hated mankind since that time. From the writing, I assume he had dysgraphia, and the teacher, probably, tried to help him. If it was his writing, it shows that psychopathy developed decades before he started acting on it.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190518-102257_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190518-102257_Google.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 22
  • SmartSelect_20190518-102332_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190518-102332_Google.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
It's a quote from him. I just went back to edit with quotation marks.

True, my opinion only, the OBG sketch was a composite - and apparently there was a witness.
I think possible that the OBG sketch was of BG in old clothing and is no longer their sketch for the public, because that was the suspect in his old looking clothes and if seen from a distance affected the guess of the age range.

I went to "Golden State killer" and pushed "images". If you scroll down, to younger DiAngelo, you can compare the sketches with real photos. Very interesting. However, he had a banal face, I understand how sketches would not help, for years. Just a couple for comparison.

Dear Charlot123,

Thanks for your informative post!

My thought is that sketches give an "idea" of what the perpetrator looks like. It's just really an approximate base of what he looks like.

The sketch wouldn't apply to the appearance of most men. But some, yes.

The sketch's purpose is two-fold, to narrow down individuals with similar features but most importantly - to receive tips from people who find the sketch very "familiar' to someone they know and why they feel the person could be guilty of this.

"Does the individual in this sketch look familiar to you? Was this person in the Delphi area on February 13th?"

If someone has reason(s) to suspect someone they know that was in the Delphi area Feb 13th and resembles the sketch, I hope they have already called in.

These are my thoughts and opinions.

True, my opinion only, the OBG sketch was a composite - and apparently there was a witness.
I think possible that the OBG sketch was of BG in old clothing and is no longer their sketch for the public, because that was the suspect in his old looking clothes and if seen from a distance affected the guess of the age range.
Carter did clarify that the two sketches were not of the same person, though.

I would like to know the percentage of suspects caught as the result of a good, detailed sketch. Also, if a sketch ever hindered the investigation. MOO

@Charlot123

Psychopathy doesn't develop, they are born with it, in childhood they are diagnosed with "conduct disorder" and their parents have a very hard time dealing with them. Their brain is wired in a different way.

But yes, the vast majority of psychopaths don't become serial killers (many commit crimes though and even those who don't are toxic to be around and will harm their families, spouse, etc. with mind games and/or violence like domestic violence). So yes, I think there probably are certain triggers in childhood or even later in life that make them cross this line. Or maybe many or most have fantansies starting in childhood but there have to be triggers for them to actually act on them.

MOO.

So as far as that goes, my opinion is that the monster in this case is a psychopath, his family and spouse (if there is one, and that includes ex-girlfriends) and probably even friends know that there is something wrong with him. Especially the parents have known since his childhood (only that they still might not make that connection and probably don't want to see their son as a killer).

MOO.

I was a little flummoxed when L.E. said that the recently released sketch is "primary" and the original sketch is "secondary".

Perhaps they still want tips on both sketches?
Yes, I too have been very confused about these sketches. I really don't know what to think other than perhaps they are both involved at some level? However, a post upthread with a statement from LE seems to refute that? IDK...

Lol yeah that makes sense.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting.
For some reason, I don’t see BG getting a burner phone but hopefully he had a cell phone with him. MOO

Snipped:

Do you think it's fair to say where as cell phone tracking is one of the first things that LE uses to try and identify a suspect, and where as it's been two years now since this crime, that they have no phone evidence from the suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear