CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many victims of domestic violence don't speak out publicly because they're afraid of their abuser. Was CJ a victim of DV? Based on what others have said about Merritt I believe it's a very strong possibility. Once Merritt is convicted and locked up for life I think we'll hear much more about his explosive temper.

Totally baseless speculations. By such reasoning one can make any claim one wishes.

No link?

He coached her well, so she wouldn't say he's violent, yet she said she only cared for himself? okay.

Here is what she said to him:

Cathy Jarvis, Oct 11th 2014:

"Well who haven’t you pissed off?"

"Chase, like everybody! Like everybody I can think that you’ve come into contact with. Customers, business associates, you piss everybody off, because you, you end up walking away, you don’t follow through, you don’t finish, you piss a lot of people off. Sighs. And that’s what I told the detectives, I said that’s what I couldn’t, I couldn’t take that chance with my family because you were, you’re too reckless, you don’t think about the consequences of things and I, I, I thought you were going to piss off the wrong person and they were going to come after you and/or us. I said if anything it would be Chase would be the one that ends up dead. He’s going to piss off the wrong person one day, he’s going to end up dead. But for him to, to take somebody else out that’s just doesn’t make sense. He just doesn’t care that much about anything or anyone…"

"You don’t stop doing the bad things that you do"

"Chase, like everybody! Like everybody I can think that you’ve come into contact with. Customers, business associates, you piss everybody off, because you, you end up walking away, you don’t follow through, you don’t finish, you piss a lot of people off. Sighs. And that’s what I told the detectives, I said that’s what I couldn’t, I couldn’t take that chance with my family because you were, you’re too reckless, you don’t think about the consequences of things and I, I, I thought you were going to piss off the wrong person and they were going to come after you and/or us. I said if anything it would be Chase would be the one that ends up dead. He’s going to piss off the wrong person one day, he’s going to end up dead. But for him to, to take somebody else out that’s just doesn’t make sense. He just doesn’t care that much about anything or anyone…"

Sounds to me like CJ just described a sociopath.

It sounds to me, CM has ADD.

"Pissed off" is far from being the same as "murdered" or "was violent toward". There are a lot of people who piss off many others, most are not murderers (thank God).

"Pissed off" is far from being the same as "murdered" or "was violent toward". There are a lot of people who piss off many others, most are not murderers (thank God).

I don't think anyone has thought or said that every person who gets "pissed off" is going to murder someone. I think what people have tried to express to you is that based on the evidence presented at trial, it is evident that Chase Merritt is guilty of murdering four people. It does not matter what anyone else did or does. What matters is that Chase did things that a reasonable person can conclude he is guilty of the crimes he has been charged with. imo...of course.

I don't think anyone has thought or said that every person who gets "pissed off" is going to murder someone. I think what people have tried to express to you is that based on the evidence presented at trial, it is evident that Chase Merritt is guilty of murdering four people. It does not matter what anyone else did or does. What matters is that Chase did things that a reasonable person can conclude he is guilty of the crimes he has been charged with. imo...of course.

If guilt is based on evidence, why so many posts about CM's character, many of which are baseless speculations (such as CJ being a DV victim)?

I am going to go with, stupid, inept and lazy.
Yes. That's harsh.
However. There were many, many loving family members and friends who suffered immensely due the lack of concern, right in their face clues and assumptions made by these trained law enforcement officers.
Personally, I think that Joey and Summer's family were TOO nice and trusting of the law enforcement in this case.
Nobody went berserk. They believed in the "process".
I've learned a lot from this crime, the investigation and this trial.
If one (or four) of my family members go missing... I will absolutely go berserk.

*absolutely no shadowing thrown at these families here by me.
I'm pretty sure that if we were to hear from them now, they would have some choice opinions and words to say. My opinion. Thanks.

Another notable trait about sociopaths is, they believe they are smarter than everybody else so they never think they will get caught. In this case there was a
stupid police force so that certainly could have happened, and almost did.

Another notable trait about sociopaths is, they believe they are smarter than everybody else so they never think they will get caught. In this case there was a
stupid police force so that certainly could have happened, and almost did.
bbm

It's possible that they have yet to get caught.

"Stupid police force", tunnel vision prosecutors.

I am going to go with, stupid, inept and lazy.
Yes. That's harsh.
However. There were many, many loving family members and friends who suffered immensely due the lack of concern, right in their face clues and assumptions made by these trained law enforcement officers.
Personally, I think that Joey and Summer's family were TOO nice and trusting of the law enforcement in this case.
Nobody went berserk. They believed in the "process".
I've learned a lot from this crime, the investigation and this trial.
If one (or four) of my family members go missing... I will absolutely go berserk.

*absolutely no shadowing thrown at these families here by me.
I'm pretty sure that if we were to hear from them now, they would have some choice opinions and words to say. My opinion. Thanks.

I think this happens all to often when people trust the system and don't question anything. Victims, victims families need to ask questions, don't stop until you get an answer! JMO

Well if he's not violent or scary, then why did his former employee (one of the first witnesses) have the police accompany her to get her last paycheck?
Is that in testimony? I have seen this referenced before.... is this a rumour or fact?

Reactions: smr
Well if he's not violent or scary, then why did his former employee (one of the first witnesses) have the police accompany her to get her last paycheck?

If it's not rumor, can't rule out a paranoid former employee. I've heard of a man shooting his own shadow with a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa