UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am under the impression that he stayed at the Shelley home in Logan.

I know many pages back there was an unverified local poster who claimed he stayed with a couple closer to Hyrum when he was working there, but that has never been verified as far as I know.

My point is that as an unemployed non-student, he had lots of time on his hands to be wandering around the general area of the home and may well have found little hideouts to spend time in. There are many commerical builidngs and sheds to the west, across the tracks

For clarification and eliminate confusion here, "Shelley" is the name of Lizzy'a bio father.

I believe OP means suspect stayed at the Whipple home in Logan.

If so, perhaps @Herat can amend their post.

I'm a small weakling woman and my kids are 40 pounds-ish. I can easily carry them anywhere I need or want to. Yes, dead asleep they are heavy, but 40 pounds is nothing.

I know when my 50lb dog died, it took two to lift her because of bodily fluids shifting.
Dead sleep is dif’ than dead weight, trust me.

If I had to guess, I’d say that it was probably evidence on her clothes that he had with him.

I'm afraid its much worse than that. Imo I think they found Elizabeth's blood, and very likely brain matter on the bat. That would instantly tell them she is dead.

Gah if true what a monster he truly is!

Jmo

I'm a small weakling woman and my kids are 40 pounds-ish. I can easily carry them anywhere I need or want to. Yes, dead asleep they are heavy, but 40 pounds is nothing.

I think he probably got rid of her closer to the home. It would be a little weird to see someone carrying a 40 lb child around all over the neighborhood at that time of night and in some areas it’s weird seeing anyone rummaging around anyways at that time of night.

This guy is some kind of terrible. To kill kin, and then, not fess up to where she is...folks are just not like that. In some way, I see this guy as worse than DV, and I don't know why.

I don't think anyone is going to put cash on his commissary. His life is going to be a world of hurt.

Some weird lonely person is going to write him letters and believe he’s a handsome, innocent, and misunderstood guy with a good heart. They will put cash on his commissary. People are so weird. If Chris Watts and the Parkrose shooter have admirers, this guy will too.

Is this new information? First time I’ve seen it mentioned.
From the link above: “found Whipple walking alone Saturday near 7600 S. 2400 W., southwest of the city of Logan, with a metal baseball bat hidden in his back pocket and under the back of his jacket”

I wonder if this is the weapon that got him charged with ‘possess/dangerous weapon by a felon’? And did they find her DNA on it?
Interesting that he left his skateboard at the house, but ends up with a baseball bat? He likely didn't show up with the bat the night he came to the house. So was he going to protect himself with it? If he took it to hide evidence, he would have discarded along the way. But then again, he had some of her clothing, or so it's been said.

Yes. I said in the last thread that I walked 2-3 miles with my 6 year old, crashed out. She got sick on a hike. You just do what you are motivated to do, and I was motivated to not sleep on a trail so I tossed her on my back and did the best I could! I’m a 4’10” woman. 40 pounds for this guy wouldn’t be that hard. But this all assumes she was already dead. For all we know she walked happily, because she had no idea she couldn’t trust her uncle.

They found a baseball bat on him and they said they found forensic evidence on him linking her to him. I hope it’s not on the bat.

I don't know what to hope for. Initially I thought evidence on the bat is better than evidence on his person. But it is all awful either way.

I would think it would have been even harder with a baseball bat stuck down his pants. Why the heck wouldn't he have gotten rid of it? Imo

Why wouldn't he have gotten rid of everything! I mean think of how many dumpsters and garbage cans he passed that he could have utilized? Why carry any of it?

Have we heard anything from Alex's stepmom or brother?

There was an article that mentioned the stepmom yes. Nothing from the brother.

On Saturday, Shelley’s step-grandmother Mary Whipple spoke to CNN. “There’s not much to go on, so we don’t even know where to start, where to go,” she told the network.

The missing girl’s mother, she added, was distraught over the disappearance. “She’s been hysterical all morning, all day. She’s still bawling. It’s her worst nightmare. It’s the worst thing. She just wants it to go away. She wants her baby back,” Whipple said.

Elizabeth Jessica Shelley: Utah police arrest uncle, Alex Whipple, in search for missing child

"It's scary. It's the worst thing ever. Ever,” Mary Whipple, Shelley's step-grandmother, told Fox 13. “The longer the day goes on... you start thinking the worst. You don't want to, but it's sad."

She added that the situation has taken a toll on Shelley's mother as well.

"She's been hysterical all morning, all day. She's still bawling. It's her worst nightmare. It's the worst thing. She just wants it to go away. She wants her baby back."

Utah police hunt for missing 5-year-old girl; uncle named 'main suspect'

Google 'aluminum mini bat' - to me something like that seems most logical to be able to be carried in the back pocket.

That does make more sense, I wish the office had specified it wasn't full length, but that would have made it sound less serious.

I also think mom noticed things on the house prompting her call to LE. Otherwise, she might have thought they went to the local store or park. Half an hour in most cases wouldn’t cause a mom to panic if her adult bro/child were both gone. It is MOO most of us would assume all was okay.
I’m gonna guess she found missing bed linens.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member