Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circumstances for an Emergency Search without a warrant-
I wonder if MT told them the location of the weapon used in murder.

Search Warrants: What They Are and When They're Necessary
From link:

"The Emergency Exception
As a general rule, the police are authorized to conduct a warrantless search when the time it would take to get a warrant would jeopardize public safety or lead to the loss of important evidence. Here are some situations in which most judges would uphold a warrantless search:

• Following a street drug arrest, an officer enters the house after the suspect shouts into the house, "Eddie, quick, flush it!" The officer arrests Eddie and seizes the stash.
  • A police officer on routine patrol hears shouts and screams coming from a residence, rushes in, and arrests a suspect for spousal abuse.
  • A police officer in "hot pursuit" of a fleeing felon continues the chase into the suspect's dwelling in order to make the arrest."
ETA: I'm fairly certain it was mentioned up-thread that they had a warrant though.

MT prints

Attachments

• DFF2BC1A-F64F-48A6-96ED-292874F196B5.jpeg
    DFF2BC1A-F64F-48A6-96ED-292874F196B5.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 53
From link:

"The Emergency Exception
As a general rule, the police are authorized to conduct a warrantless search when the time it would take to get a warrant would jeopardize public safety or lead to the loss of important evidence. Here are some situations in which most judges would uphold a warrantless search:

• Following a street drug arrest, an officer enters the house after the suspect shouts into the house, "Eddie, quick, flush it!" The officer arrests Eddie and seizes the stash.
  • A police officer on routine patrol hears shouts and screams coming from a residence, rushes in, and arrests a suspect for spousal abuse.
  • A police officer in "hot pursuit" of a fleeing felon continues the chase into the suspect's dwelling in order to make the arrest."
ETA: I'm fairly certain it was mentioned up-thread that they had a warrant though.
This is interesting - perhaps they thought someone might try disposing of evidence? or the evidence itself deteriorating? I wish warrants were public in CT - we do learn so much from them IMO

I would think MT's atty. is advising her to distance herself from
him as much as possible. She'd be a fool to go back to living in his home. She needs to become a separate entity and stay away from
all things related to FD.
I saw nothing in the arrest warrants or court docs preventing her
and FD from speaking to one another. Just that he is allowed
NO Visitors. I would assume this is any visitors other than his
asttorney.
Interesting as based on this info he can still talk on the phone I think. I am trying to put myself into the shoes of MT a bit. Here she is having spent nearly 3 years with FD, she was the Manager of Fore Group so allegedly knew the financial situation, has a young daughter, and realized that the house of cards with the real estate inventory was falling down.

What does she do knowing all this? She stays in Farmington and keeps her daughter in local school rather than sending her to her parents in Miami or father in Argentina. Maybe she was just waiting for the school year to end? IDK. But based on what we have seen MT is VESTED in the relationship with FD and for whatever reason chose to stay. Maybe she knew that he had sent money overseas and that her lifestyle would be more in line with what she was used to? Again, we don't know. I also very much wonder based on how she has invested so much in this relationship whether she will ever cooperate with LE?

As I mentioned earlier, in my area we've had several instances
where the perp has removed the ankle bracelet and headed for the hills.
Here, the bracelets must be actively monitored by a human in
LE office, which is reported that they are not. There's been a great
deal of public outcry since perps were being held on serious
charges so what good are the ankle bracelets?
Some perps have cut off bracelet and one even admitted he
could slick up his skin w/ ointment and slide bracelet off.
I'll look for local articles, but around here the bracelets are
considered a joke for maintaining contact w/ perps.
Yes, a few of the reports I read on some of the models said that malfunctions are not unusual. Some perps have cut the bracelets off and fled as once they are cut off and depending on satellite responsiveness the perp has 10 min or so lead time. My only hope is that they have defined the area where MT can be to NOT include an airport or access to major highway.

Crazy. So it happened just prior to 7:00 pm. Where I live (WA) it is still full on daylight at 7:00 pm in September. Is it dark enough in CT at that time that grandma would be so concerned over headlights? I would have assumed that if my Honda and Acura from that time period had automatic headlights a Land Rover would be too.

Fotis tried really hard to distance himself from that accident. He started and ended the statement by pointing out that he was in Italy. It is also weird that he translated the nanny’s statement.

7pm in September, in Connecticut? Yes, you’d be concerned about headlights. It may not be full on dark, bit you’d need headlights so other drivers could see you. The roads in Ct are winding and can be a little hilly, so it might not be easy to spot someone at twilight without their lights on.

I would think MT's atty. is advising her to distance herself from
him as much as possible. She'd be a fool to go back to living in his home. She needs to become a separate entity and stay away from
all things related to FD.
I saw nothing in the arrest warrants or court docs preventing her
and FD from speaking to one another. Just that he is allowed
NO Visitors. I would assume this is any visitors other than his
asttorney.
Her warrant says no contact with victim's family - is he considered family still to JD since they are married???

Yes, a few of the reports I read on some of the models said that malfunctions are not unusual. Some perps have cut the bracelets off and fled as once they are cut off and depending on satellite responsiveness the perp has 10 min or so lead time. My only hope is that they have defined the area where MT can be to NOT include an airport or access to major highway.

I have zero trust in these ankle monitors. I remember a story of a guy who murdered a woman and raped a little girl while wearing one (I think he was still wearing it).

My guess is that suspect was having a fling with the nanny and his mother found out. It seemed like a better idea to eliminate his mother than his nanny, so he used the nanny to get rid of his mother while he was on another continent. Well played.

And I want to revisit this because I’m just catching up and this particularly bothers me: The fact your child(ren) was in the backseat of vehicle at the time it rolled over their grandmother.

I pulled forward and I heard (one of the children) scream from the back seat. I stopped the car, came out and found Kleopatra on the driveway injured but still awake.”

Source: Fotis Dulos’ mother died in freak driveway accident years before Connecticut wife Jennifer Dulos went missing

Crazy. So it happened just prior to 7:00 pm. Where I live (WA) it is still full on daylight at 7:00 pm in September. Is it dark enough in CT at that time that grandma would be so concerned over headlights? I would have assumed that if my Honda and Acura from that time period had automatic headlights a Land Rover would be too.

Fotis tried really hard to distance himself from that accident. He started and ended the statement by pointing out that he was in Italy. It is also weird that he translated the nanny’s statement.

Wow, there's a LOT of jumping to conclusions going on here, imo. If I were out of the country when something occurred, I'd keep pointing that out too. How could I give ANY details or input when I wasn't there? From reading the report, it seems APD was very thorough, and that this was a terrible accident that occurred as a result of two adult parties being really careless. It IS a shame the kids had to witness, of course, and that it happened at all.

And headlights WOULD be necessary in September here in CT, for sure.

I'd sooner believe that it was an accident. There is not indication to me that it wasn't. Especially with him being on another continent - no element of control. If the mother had been deliberately run over, she would have suspected so, since she survived at first.

Agreed, there's no indication at all that this is anything other than a terrible accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa