NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been mainly lurking in this thread since the identifications of 3/4 of the Bear Brook victims, and the more I look, the more complicated it seems to get. Right when I think I have a decent timeline in my head of the events, I get new information that turns it on its head, lol.

From what I've gathered, if Rasmussen was actually living in Ingleside, TX (of course, he could be lying, but I've also heard that he stated the apartment complex he lived in as well, which seems quite specific) in 1975/1976, and the middle child was born sometime between 1974-1977 (I included 1974 because, in the video with one of Rasmussen's children, she says that saw the MC around the time Rasmussen was last seen, which would mean that the MC couldn't have been born earlier than perhaps mid-1977? That depends on your definition of "around," though), then there's a sizable chance that the MC could have been born in or around San Patricio County, TX. That would fit with the "most likely from TX, AZ, CA, or OR" detail.

Of course, without knowing the mother's identity, finding the identity of the MC is probably a needle-in-a-haystack chance. I've tried to search San Patricio County records for children born between 1974-1976, and I've come up with 6 potential matches for the MC, and, considering I'm only on page 4 or so, that would be around 42 potential matches if the current trend continues. From there, it seems like I'm pretty much stuck. Considering what Rasmussen did to Marlyse, Marie, and Sarah, it would probably be a good idea to search through NamUs for unidentified bodies that could be potential matches for the MC's mother.

This is an old timeline it is now become a mix of Marlyse, Marie, Sarah & TPR. See if it is possible to trace his steps a bit deeper.

1943 – Colorado
(December 23rd) – Colorado, Denver, Denver - Born Terrance Peder Rasmussen,

Parents owned shoe shop in Englewood, CO

1954 - 1960

• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix – Whittier Elementary
• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix – North High School, Quits school after his sophomore year (10th grade)

1961 - 1967
• Military – Enlisted in the U.S. Navy 1961; discharged 1967

• TR moves to Hawaii and works in his parent’s shoe shop

(July 20th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen marries Fleta

• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix - TR moves his family; works as an electrician for a man named “Otto”.

• California, San Mateo, Redwood City – Repairman, McLoughlin’s Shoe Shop

• California, San Mateo, Redwood City - TR moves his family; works as an electrician in Palo Alto, California.

(December 6th) – California – Marie is born

· (October) – California - Terry Rasmussen Separation/Divorce

· (October) – California, San Mateo, Redwood City – Daughter is born

(January) – Connecticut – Marlyse’s 1st husband stationed in Great Lake’s

· (February) – California – Marlyse divorce’s 1st husband

· (September) – California, Marlyse marries 2nd husband

· (September 30th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen’s Father passes away, Terry listed as a survivor

· (December) – California – Sarah is born

· (September 29th) – California - Terry Rasmussen Divorce

· (November 23rd) – California, LaPuente - Marlyse, Marie & Sarah last seen w/Terry Thanksgiving

· (December 1st) – Alabama, Fort Rucker – Brother passes away Terry listed as a survivor

· (August) – California, RETM divorces Donna ??

1980 - New Hampshire

(January 9th)– New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
Was sent a certified letter at 925 Hayward address letter signed by an Elizabeth Evans.

(February) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester- Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
Arrested for worthless checks; listed spouse as Elizabeth and referenced having a 2 years
old and a 6 Month old.

(June) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44) -
Arrested for Electrical Power Theft (Diverting Power); listed spouse as Elizabeth

(August) – California, RETM divorces Donna ??

(October) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
- Arrested for Electrical Power theft (Diverting Power); no spouse listed.

1981 - New Hampshire

(Summer 1981) – Photograph taken at BBQ; Note: TR is wearing Disneyland Ragland T-Shirt

Note: Had found the street name where the photo was taken recall it was east of Manchester however unable have been unable to find it again.

(November 26th) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Goffstown - Denise D. Beaudin - Last seen
at a Thanksgiving gathering at her family’s home.

(December 1st) – New Hampshire, Manchester - Family went to the apartment on 925 Hayward no one was there and all personal items were gone place was empty.
• Gerald “Gerry” Mockerman - ID stolen outside of Atlanta, GA in the early 1980's
• Curtis Mayo Kimball - Worked in LaPorte, TX early 1980's however ID was not used by TR until 1984

1983 – New Hampshire

(July) – New Hampshire, Allenstown – Bear Brook Store burned down due to a cooking fire

1984 – California

(March – December) – California, Los Alamitos - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?). - Employed with an electrical company

Anaheim- - In the company of D/L and a 6-month-old girl (Witness statement; babysitter)

1985 – California

(January – May) – California, Orange County, Los Alamitos - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Employed with an electrical company

(May 27th)– California, Orange County, Cypress - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?). - Arrested
for DUI and child endangerment; was involved in hit and run of property with Lisa in the automobile.
According to authorities Kimball was married (or dating) a woman known as Donna whom worked in
Orange Co, CA as a nurse. (May use the name Donna Walter). Investigators also received
information that Lisa may have a 2-3-year-old sister.

Anaheim - In the company of D/L and a 6 month old girl (Witness; babysitter)
Possibly dating a woman had (2) children + D/L 6 Mth = (4) children

(November 10th) – New Hampshire, Merrimack, Allenstown – Adult female and oldest female
child found estimated death time frame (1980 – 1984).

(*advertiser censored* – December) – California, Santa Cruz Co, Felton – Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen - Residing
at Henry Cowell Campground prior to moving to the Holiday Host RV Park.

1986 – California

(January – June) – California, Scotts Valley – Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen -
Jenson had been living at the Henry Cowell campground before moving his truck and camper to the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley in the spring of 1986.

(June-July) – California, Scotts Valley – Leave’s D/L with family for a (2-3) week
trial period (est. 6/13/86) family returned to Holiday Host July 4th weekend however
Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen was nowhere to be found. License plate of Jensen’s
truck was registered to a motel room in Texas Red Dodge pickup w/light colored camper
1965-1968 Only phone calls Jensen made from the RV Park were to people at other RV
Parks Austin Lone Star and Pecan Grove located south of Austin, TX. Fingerprints of
Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen had been sent to the Department of Justice for identification
and were matched to a Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Warrant information placed in NCIC, neighbors later told police that Evans referred to the girl’s mother as Denise Laporte and she died in Texas. He also told one person she had been in a car
accident. He told another she had been murdered after she “panicked” during a robbery.
He claimed to have met Denise LaPorte in Quebec, CA and married her in Roanoke, VA
In 1986 Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained; he was the
youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian American parents who abused him and refused
to allow him to attend school. Said he had run away from home at age of 14, joined the
military then moved to Canada where he met Denise Laporte. They married on Virginia,
had a daughter and that Denise died in 1983.

• Destroyed by Loma Prieta Earthquake 1989

(1986, Late) - Possible arrest in Georgia late June

1987 – Idaho

• Idaho, Preston – Gerald Edward “Gerry” Mockerman – Claimed to have worked on
a farm

1988 – California

(November) – California, San Luis Obispo – Gerald Edward “Gerry” Mockerman
Arrested for a stolen vehicle from Preston, Idaho

(September) – California, San Bernardino – Legal Notice
Donna Jenson
Denise La Port – aka
Donna La Port – aka
Gordon Curtis Jenson
Curtis Mayo Jenson – aka

1989 – California

(March 1989)– California, Los Angeles - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?)
Arrested for DUI have not yet found the alias name he was using when he was arrested.
In all he was taken in to custody booked and charged for warrants of abandonment of
Dawn/Lisa in Scotts Valley

(March 1989 – October 1990) – California, Santa Cruz Co. - Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).– Incarcerated for 3 years.

1990 – California

(November 1st) – California, Milpitas - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Paroled Prisoners are initially held at the San Jose Jail, upon determination i.e. charges
prisoners are transferred to the Elmwood Correctional Facility. Assume that CMK was
held at Elmwood until his parole in November 1990.

(November) – California, Santa Cruz Co/San Jose - Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).– Parole warrant issued. Evidently he did not meet with his parole
officer as court ordered.

2000 – New Hampshire

(May 9) – New Hampshire, Allenstown – Middle child and youngest child found,
estimated death time frame (1980 – 1984)

1990 – 2001 – Identity and where abouts Unknown

• He is a fugitive and his where about unknown from Nov 1st 1990 until he reappears
in 2001.

(June 13th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen, Mother passes away. Terry P of Texas is listed as a survivor

2001 – California

(August) – California, East Richmond Heights – Lawrence William “Larry” Vanner
- Unofficially weds Eunsoon Jun in a backyard ceremony with Star Trek theme. No
paperwork was filed for the marriage Note: Lawrence William “Larry“ Vanner had
been in the East Richmond Heights neighborhood providing handyman work to business
and residents. He also had exchanged service work for room and board. He had met
Jun while providing roof repair work at her home. Larry Vanner also went by Dr Vanner
Claimed to have lots of property was a self-made millionaire, once was colonel in the
Army and that he worked for the CIA, could easily disappear

2002 – California

(June) – California, East Richmond Heights - Eunsoon Jun disappears
Vanner had multiple explanations for Jun’s absence; She had gone to Virginia or
to Oregon to work on a cabin.
She was on Oregon, engaged on a cabin they have been constructing there.
Told neighbors he was born 1937 and other 1945

(July) – Vanner used Jun’s credit cards

(September) – California, East Richmond Heights
Missing persons’ report filed for Eunsoon Jun
Eusoon Jun found in the basement of her home buried under 250 lbs. of cat litter
Lawrence William “Larry” Vanner finger printed and found to be Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?). Evans told neighbors in Richmond he was born in 1936 and
others in 1945.

(November)- California, East Richmond Heights – Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).- Arrested for the homicide of Eusoon Jun While being interviewed
Lawrence Vanner was provided a phone he called a therapist in Eugene, Oregon
Investigator also indicated he spoke with an eastern accent

2003 – California

(June) – California, Contra Costa – Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).-
Convicted for the murder of Ensoon Jun sentenced 15 years to life

2010 – California

(December 28th)– California, Susanville – Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?)
Dies in prison of natural causes

It might be worth adding Terry's brothers burial in Hawaii as well. It's public domain info and is worth noting that Hawaii still plays a role in the Rasmussen family dynamic as late as Dec 78.

I've been mainly lurking in this thread since the identifications of 3/4 of the Bear Brook victims, and the more I look, the more complicated it seems to get. Right when I think I have a decent timeline in my head of the events, I get new information that turns it on its head, lol.

From what I've gathered, if Rasmussen was actually living in Ingleside, TX (of course, he could be lying, but I've also heard that he stated the apartment complex he lived in as well, which seems quite specific) in 1975/1976, and the middle child was born sometime between 1974-1977 (I included 1974 because, in the video with one of Rasmussen's children, she says that saw the MC around the time Rasmussen was last seen, which would mean that the MC couldn't have been born earlier than perhaps mid-1977? That depends on your definition of "around," though), then there's a sizable chance that the MC could have been born in or around San Patricio County, TX. That would fit with the "most likely from TX, AZ, CA, or OR" detail.

Of course, without knowing the mother's identity, finding the identity of the MC is probably a needle-in-a-haystack chance. I've tried to search San Patricio County records for children born between 1974-1976, and I've come up with 6 potential matches for the MC, and, considering I'm only on page 4 or so, that would be around 42 potential matches if the current trend continues. From there, it seems like I'm pretty much stuck. Considering what Rasmussen did to Marlyse, Marie, and Sarah, it would probably be a good idea to search through NamUs for unidentified bodies that could be potential matches for the MC's mother.

The MC's DNA is logged. All it takes is a relative to submit their DNA to one of these match sites for a hit to occur.

1985 – California

Besides finding out the identity of the MC, this remains the second biggest curiosity I have in this case. There could easily be 2 or 3 other victims here, and possibly another child of Terry. The fact that this is the only info we have on this timestamp is frustrating.

Hyia Folie, welcome back

This is an old timeline it is now become a mix of Marlyse, Marie, Sarah & TPR. See if it is possible to trace his steps a bit deeper.

1943 – Colorado
(December 23rd) – Colorado, Denver, Denver - Born Terrance Peder Rasmussen,

Parents owned shoe shop in Englewood, CO

1954 - 1960

• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix – Whittier Elementary
• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix – North High School, Quits school after his sophomore year (10th grade)

1961 - 1967
• Military – Enlisted in the U.S. Navy 1961; discharged 1967

• TR moves to Hawaii and works in his parent’s shoe shop

(July 20th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen marries Fleta

• Arizona, Maricopa, Phoenix - TR moves his family; works as an electrician for a man named “Otto”.

• California, San Mateo, Redwood City – Repairman, McLoughlin’s Shoe Shop

• California, San Mateo, Redwood City - TR moves his family; works as an electrician in Palo Alto, California.

(December 6th) – California – Marie is born

· (October) – California, San Mateo, Redwood City – Daughter is born

(January) – Connecticut – Marlyse’s 1st husband stationed in Great Lake’s

· (February) – California – Marlyse divorce’s 1st husband

· (September) – California, Marlyse marries 2nd husband

· (September 30th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen’s Father passes away, Terry listed as a survivor

· (December) – California – Sarah is born

· (September 29th) – California - Terry Rasmussen Divorce

· (November 23rd) – California, LaPuente - Marlyse, Marie & Sarah last seen w/Terry Thanksgiving

· (December 1st) – Alabama, Fort Rucker – Brother passes away Terry listed as a survivor

· (August) – California, RETM divorces Donna ??

1980 - New Hampshire

(January 9th)– New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
Was sent a certified letter at 925 Hayward address letter signed by an Elizabeth Evans.

(February) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester- Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
Arrested for worthless checks; listed spouse as Elizabeth and referenced having a 2 years
old and a 6 Month old.

(June) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44) -
Arrested for Electrical Power Theft (Diverting Power); listed spouse as Elizabeth

(August) – California, RETM divorces Donna ??

(October) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Manchester - Robert T/C “Bob” Evans (DOB 6/22/44)
- Arrested for Electrical Power theft (Diverting Power); no spouse listed.

1981 - New Hampshire

(Summer 1981) – Photograph taken at BBQ; Note: TR is wearing Disneyland Ragland T-Shirt

Note: Had found the street name where the photo was taken recall it was east of Manchester however unable have been unable to find it again.

(November 26th) – New Hampshire, Hillsborough, Goffstown - Denise D. Beaudin - Last seen
at a Thanksgiving gathering at her family’s home.

(December 1st) – New Hampshire, Manchester - Family went to the apartment on 925 Hayward no one was there and all personal items were gone place was empty.
• Gerald “Gerry” Mockerman - ID stolen outside of Atlanta, GA in the early 1980's
• Curtis Mayo Kimball - Worked in LaPorte, TX early 1980's however ID was not used by TR until 1984

1983 – New Hampshire

(July) – New Hampshire, Allenstown – Bear Brook Store burned down due to a cooking fire

1984 – California

(March – December) – California, Los Alamitos - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?). - Employed with an electrical company

Anaheim- - In the company of D/L and a 6-month-old girl (Witness statement; babysitter)

1985 – California

(January – May) – California, Orange County, Los Alamitos - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Employed with an electrical company

(May 27th)– California, Orange County, Cypress - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?). - Arrested
for DUI and child endangerment; was involved in hit and run of property with Lisa in the automobile.
According to authorities Kimball was married (or dating) a woman known as Donna whom worked in
Orange Co, CA as a nurse. (May use the name Donna Walter). Investigators also received
information that Lisa may have a 2-3-year-old sister.

(November 10th) – New Hampshire, Merrimack, Allenstown – Adult female and oldest female
child found estimated death time frame (1980 – 1984).

(*advertiser censored* – December) – California, Santa Cruz Co, Felton – Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen - Residing
at Henry Cowell Campground prior to moving to the Holiday Host RV Park.

1986 – California

(January – June) – California, Scotts Valley – Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen -
Jenson had been living at the Henry Cowell campground before moving his truck and camper to the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley in the spring of 1986.

(June-July) – California, Scotts Valley – Leave’s D/L with family for a (2-3) week
trial period (est. 6/13/86) family returned to Holiday Host July 4th weekend however
Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen was nowhere to be found. License plate of Jensen’s
truck was registered to a motel room in Texas Red Dodge pickup w/light colored camper
1965-1968 Only phone calls Jensen made from the RV Park were to people at other RV
Parks Austin Lone Star and Pecan Grove located south of Austin, TX. Fingerprints of
Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen had been sent to the Department of Justice for identification
and were matched to a Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Warrant information placed in NCIC, neighbors later told police that Evans referred to the girl’s mother as Denise Laporte and she died in Texas. He also told one person she had been in a car
accident. He told another she had been murdered after she “panicked” during a robbery.
He claimed to have met Denise LaPorte in Quebec, CA and married her in Roanoke, VA
In 1986 Evans wrote a brief autobiography that authorities later obtained; he was the
youngest of six kids, born to Norwegian American parents who abused him and refused
to allow him to attend school. Said he had run away from home at age of 14, joined the
military then moved to Canada where he met Denise Laporte. They married on Virginia,
had a daughter and that Denise died in 1983.

• Destroyed by Loma Prieta Earthquake 1989

(1986, Late) - Possible arrest in Georgia late June

1987 – Idaho

• Idaho, Preston – Gerald Edward “Gerry” Mockerman – Claimed to have worked on
a farm

1988 – California

(November) – California, San Luis Obispo – Gerald Edward “Gerry” Mockerman
Arrested for a stolen vehicle from Preston, Idaho

(September) – California, San Bernardino – Legal Notice
Donna Jenson
Denise La Port – aka
Donna La Port – aka
Gordon Curtis Jenson
Curtis Mayo Jenson – aka

1989 – California

(March 1989)– California, Los Angeles - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?)
Arrested for DUI have not yet found the alias name he was using when he was arrested.
In all he was taken in to custody booked and charged for warrants of abandonment of
Dawn/Lisa in Scotts Valley

(March 1989 – October 1990) – California, Santa Cruz Co. - Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).– Incarcerated for 3 years.

1990 – California

(November 1st) – California, Milpitas - Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).
Paroled Prisoners are initially held at the San Jose Jail, upon determination i.e. charges
prisoners are transferred to the Elmwood Correctional Facility. Assume that CMK was
held at Elmwood until his parole in November 1990.

(November) – California, Santa Cruz Co/San Jose - Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).– Parole warrant issued. Evidently he did not meet with his parole
officer as court ordered.

2000 – New Hampshire

(May 9) – New Hampshire, Allenstown – Middle child and youngest child found,
estimated death time frame (1980 – 1984)

1990 – 2001 – Identity and where abouts Unknown

• He is a fugitive and his where about unknown from Nov 1st 1990 until he reappears
in 2001.

(June 13th) – Hawaii, Terry Rasmussen, Mother passes away. Terry P of Texas is listed as a survivor

2001 – California

(August) – California, East Richmond Heights – Lawrence William “Larry” Vanner
- Unofficially weds Eunsoon Jun in a backyard ceremony with Star Trek theme. No
paperwork was filed for the marriage Note: Lawrence William “Larry“ Vanner had
been in the East Richmond Heights neighborhood providing handyman work to business
and residents. He also had exchanged service work for room and board. He had met
Jun while providing roof repair work at her home. Larry Vanner also went by Dr Vanner
Claimed to have lots of property was a self-made millionaire, once was colonel in the
Army and that he worked for the CIA, could easily disappear

2002 – California

(June) – California, East Richmond Heights - Eunsoon Jun disappears
Vanner had multiple explanations for Jun’s absence; She had gone to Virginia or
to Oregon to work on a cabin.
She was on Oregon, engaged on a cabin they have been constructing there.
Told neighbors he was born 1937 and other 1945

(July) – Vanner used Jun’s credit cards

(September) – California, East Richmond Heights
Missing persons’ report filed for Eunsoon Jun
Eusoon Jun found in the basement of her home buried under 250 lbs. of cat litter
Lawrence William “Larry” Vanner finger printed and found to be Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?). Evans told neighbors in Richmond he was born in 1936 and
others in 1945.

(November)- California, East Richmond Heights – Curtis Mayo Kimball
(DOB 3/18/42-52?).- Arrested for the homicide of Eusoon Jun While being interviewed
Lawrence Vanner was provided a phone he called a therapist in Eugene, Oregon
Investigator also indicated he spoke with an eastern accent

2003 – California

(June) – California, Contra Costa – Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?).-
Convicted for the murder of Ensoon Jun sentenced 15 years to life

2010 – California

(December 28th)– California, Susanville – Curtis Mayo Kimball (DOB 3/18/42-52?)
Dies in prison of natural causes

Thank you for brilliant new detailed timeline with lots of extra information.

Small detail to add - '98 arrest in CA

1998 June - RASMUSSEN stopped in California under the name Lawrence William Vanner and cited for not having insurance or a driver’s license.

IMO for some reason I think TPR knew a lot about Thomas aka Ralph and his life or either the records are some what distorted. In which it is possible fell in a few rabbit hole's and I have yet to see the light of day on that trail someone please help me get out

Someone did mention it here previously already - Donna Walters connection and no I don't think it is rabbit hole.

It is understandable that Marlyse would talk to Terry about her recent ex hubby who she separated from just 2-3 month before meeting Terry, custody problems with Sara and of course also ex's new gf Donna. Women do talk about those things.

I'm thinking not everyone is of the mindset they went straight from CA to NH. I'm not, and a few folks on here I've been interacting with don't appear to believe that. I think some of us are of the belief that, based on the isotopes, there were a few months spent elsewhere, possibly in the MC's home area indicated by her isotopes, or maybe even a stop over in CT where Marlyse's family was from, before ending up in NH.

About the travel. How long does it take to travel from CA west coast, to NH/CT east coast, whole US? By let say lower speed with many stops perhaps of few days too (due to 2 small children) and perhaps in older dodgy car?

Few weeks? Few month? I am honestly curious.

Appologies for overposting, I just noticed that BOTH daughters were born in December, so probably both were celebrating b'days together.

Marie was born on Dec 6 and Sarah on Dec 13.

Edit to add: And Terry was born on Dec 23

Last edited:
About the travel. How long does it take to travel from CA west coast, to NH/CT east coast, whole US? By let say lower speed with many stops perhaps of few days too (due to 2 small children) and perhaps in older dodgy car?

It would depend on several factor such as: route selection, number of people splitting driving, did they have enough money to make it, or did they need to pick up odd jobs along the way?

It could be done in 3 days under the correct circumstances.

According to Google Maps, it's 45 hours to drive from Manchester, NH to Los Angeles (it was the first CA city that popped in my head). I'm assuming that's driving straight through without any stops.
So, I'm guessing that would be a minimum time to get from A to Z. There as so many factors that could come into play to extend travel time, especially with kids, an unreliable car, bathroom breaks, construction detours, etc. Plus, if they weren't in a hurry, there's also tourist places to stop and enjoy.

Another question would be why did TR choose his new locations. Why Ingleside TX? Why Manchester NH? CA always made sense to me because he spent a lot of time in that state, but what lead him to the other distant places? Word of mouth, like a friend saying they heard jobs are opening up there? Random aimless traveling and just settling somewhere?

It might be worth adding Terry's brothers burial in Hawaii as well. It's public domain info and is worth noting that Hawaii still plays a role in the Rasmussen family dynamic as late as Dec 78.
I'm sure his side of the family could conform if he was in attendence or not. I wonder if his side has been interviewed since I haven't read anything regarding outside his wife and kids, and if he kept in contact his relatives. In those times he would have had to either have been local (see obituary in the newspaper) or had a family member call with the bad news regarding someone's death.

I'm sure his side of the family could conform if he was in attendence or not. I wonder if his side has been interviewed since I haven't read anything regarding outside his wife and kids, and if he kept in contact his relatives. In those times he would have had to either have been local (see obituary in the newspaper) or had a family member call with the bad news regarding someone's death.

I wondered about those things, too: how much contact did he have with his family, apart from his ex & kids, and whether or not investigators spoke with cousins, siblings, etc. He may not have immediately known his brother passed if he didn't have contact.

Another question would be why did TR choose his new locations. Why Ingleside TX? Why Manchester NH? CA always made sense to me because he spent a lot of time in that state, but what lead him to the other distant places? Word of mouth, like a friend saying they heard jobs are opening up there? Random aimless traveling and just settling somewhere?

I am not sure about TX but east coast in my mind was Marlyse's choice due to her having lots of connections there. Terry had no known ties to east at that time as far as we are aware so only that explanation is making strong sense to me at the moment.

I wondered about those things, too: how much contact did he have with his family, apart from his ex & kids, and whether or not investigators spoke with cousins, siblings, etc. He may not have immediately known his brother passed if he didn't have contact.

His sister lived in Arizona, so my thought is that they were definitely in touch as he lived there with his first family too. It would not be stretch to think when he visited his family last time with unknown woman that he headed to his sister too.

I was under impression that she was still alive, but I am not so sure anymore.

According to Google Maps, it's 45 hours to drive from Manchester, NH to Los Angeles (it was the first CA city that popped in my head). I'm assuming that's driving straight through without any stops.
So, I'm guessing that would be a minimum time to get from A to Z. There as so many factors that could come into play to extend travel time, especially with kids, an unreliable car, bathroom breaks, construction detours, etc. Plus, if they weren't in a hurry, there's also tourist places to stop and enjoy.
I’ve driven across the country in three and a half days, with two drivers switching on and off. Spent the nights in hotels, stopped to eat, potty breaks and to walk the dog. Made 1 stop for a few hours at a national park. That was comfortable, not really pushing it. And we had my daughters old, unreliable car, but didn’t have any breakdowns.

I’d say a family with kids, it would be reasonable to do it in 6 or 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member