Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been mentioned that she was seeing different people. Do we know if any go to college with her?
It seems like her friends were not aware of anyone in particular. Imo
I think her family stated she prefers older men and she has been dating multiple people so it sounds more like someone she did NOT go to school with, although that certainly is possible. MOO

MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
A family source told CBS News’ David Begnaud that Lueck was known to date older men and was “currently dating multiple people” casually. Her family and police have been researching her dating app and dating website profiles.

It’s just so weird to make someone you want to see at 2:00am have to take the time to arrange a Lyft ride and pay for it when you could’ve driven the extra 10 minutes to just pick her up. AND arrange the meeting in an isolated parking spot. It sure doesn’t seem like someone who cared about her, so why the need to see her at that hour.

I’m still unsure about the driver. It’s possible to have incapacitated her at the park, put her in the trunk, go to pick up other riders for an alibi, then harm her at a later time.
It's possible she was getting reimbursed for the Lyft ride by the person she was meeting.

And there's lot of reasons a man would want to see a beautiful woman at that hour. Or ANY hour for that matter.

Wonder what the possibilities are of sex trafficking?

Statically fairly low.

Sex traffickers usually groom their victims and don’t choose people with strong social ties like ML has. While trafficking is a concern in the US, it is fairly unlikely in a case like this.

MOO (but again based on research I do for a living and backed by a lot of empirical research and official statistics from the BJS)

I just don’t understand why she would do this for money her parents live in EL Segundo a beach town in CA and is very expensive I have friends that live there. Why do so many college girls resort to this? It is not a safe way to live. There’s a lot of creepy guys.
The first thing some kids want to do is prove to themselves they can be self sufficient.

My theory is she went to the park to meet up with this person voluntarily but something went south and what is going on now is not something she wants to be a part of. As I've mentioned before, this is not typical Kenzie behavior. She has too much going for her right now to throw it all away.

However, in the instance that she did decide to up and leave (which I do NOT believe happened) she is intelligent. So I can assume she would be smart about her decisions and plans prior to leaving. But again, I do not think this happened. I know Kenzie. This is not her typical behavior to not answer her phone, not talk to friends and family, not at least let people know she's safe.
Knowing what we know now, I totally agree with you.

Yesterday I was still of the opinion that she did leave on her own (despite what you and her other friends had to say).

Law enforcement just didn’t have the answers yet, and I mistook their apparent lack of concern for some secret knowledge.

But with how this is now trending, especially with the new details, I no longer think this is voluntary.

She probably went there willingly, but she is not choosing to remain off the grid.

Salt Lake City police say missing Utah student MacKenzie Lueck met someone at a North Salt Lake park

Doubt gave this timeline of Lueck’s activities on June 17: Her plane from California landed at 1:35 a.m. She texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. She caught a Lyft at 2:42 a.m., riding to Hatch Park, arriving at 2:59 a.m. There she met someone in a vehicle.

Lueck did not appear to be in distress, the Lyft driver told police, and the Lyft driver went on to pick up other passengers. Doubt said police need to confirm the make and model of the vehicle, and a description of the person Lueck met, before releasing those details. Police are looking at surveillance footage around Hatch Park, Doubt said, adding that there were no cameras inside the park.

Why did it take her an hour to leave the airport? Did she check luggage?

My theory is she went to the park to meet up with this person voluntarily but something went south and what is going on now is not something she wants to be a part of. As I've mentioned before, this is not typical Kenzie behavior. She has too much going for her right now to throw it all away.

However, in the instance that she did decide to up and leave (which I do NOT believe happened) she is intelligent. So I can assume she would be smart about her decisions and plans prior to leaving. But again, I do not think this happened. I know Kenzie. This is not her typical behavior to not answer her phone, not talk to friends and family, not at least let people know she's safe.

My theory as well ...

It's possible she was getting reimbursed for the Lyft ride by the person she was meeting.

And there's lot of reasons a man would want to see a beautiful woman at that hour. Or ANY hour for that matter.
I'm sure many men would agree with you that any time would be a good time to meet up with a beautiful young woman. But how many are actually awake and ready to go out at 3am to do just that? Narrows the possibilities, imo.

jmo

That sounds like a wonderful idea and I see you've already gotten started. Sorry, I've been dealing with RL. :p MOO
Yes I’m on thread 1 page 22 and will resume shortly trying to keep it chronological so it’s not confusing to new viewers - I know you are always working @PommyMommy at keeping us up to date !

Some questions about Lyft....

Can the driver also input the address? Could he have changed it on his own App?

If you do change the address, does that show up as a change or is only the final destination recorded?

If only input is from passenger, maybe he have grabbed her phone and changed the address to the park himself so the ride did not look off course? Again would love to know if change is registered or not!

Does the Lyft app track the time spent at a destination? I can't imagine a ton of calls coming in at 3 am. If he took his next call even 15-20 minutes later after drop off, did that leave time for him to assault her and hide her? Would love to know if the App shows how long he was at each place, not just the path taken.

With cameras down, now we are taking his word she met someone. But can't provide make or model. I understand it's dark and at the time seemingly not important, but still maybe it would stand out enough dropping off a pretty young girl at 3 am in a park to remember something about the vehicle.

The driver cannot modify the destination.

Thank you so much, yellowmoose!
Yeah, I don't think she ran off either....
JMO

But dont sex workers have a higher chance of falling to sex trafficking?

Ish. Sex work and sex trafficking are often used (improperly) synonymous. See Sex Trafficking of Women and Girls

That said, ML was NOT a sex worker from anything we’ve seen or heard. Big difference between being a sex worker (hooker, stripper, *advertiser censored* actress, etc) and being a SB. She was (from all accounts) sexually open but that doesn’t mean she was a sex worker EVEN IF (and I stress this) she exchanged money for sexual favors.

In my professional expert opinion, it would be less than a 2% chance she was trafficked.

Currently, this is what I think happened. MY OPINION ONLY!

Kenzie landed in SLC and texted her parents to let them know she'd arrived. She hired a Lyft driver from the app on her phone to take her home and waited at the airport. The Lyft driver picked her up at the airport and saw his passenger was a beautiful lady, all alone in the middle of the night. Instead of taking her directly to her house, he either overrode her destination instructions or said he needed to make a quick detour. The Lyft driver pulled into the park and made a pass at Kenzie. She rejected his pass and he subdued her, possibly ending her life. The driver placed Kenzie in his trunk and made a few more pickups afterwards for an alibi. Most likely any future riders wouldn't need to put anything in his trunk unless they were going to or coming from the airport, so they wouldn't encounter her body. After his shift ended, he did something with Kenzie and her luggage.

The police aren't pointing to the Lyft driver as a POI yet because they don't want to scare him off while they get the necessary warrants and fact check his story.

I hope I'm wrong and Kenzie is alive somewhere just hiding out.

The driver cant override the destination.

Currently, this is what I think happened. MY OPINION ONLY!

Kenzie landed in SLC and texted her parents to let them know she'd arrived. She hired a Lyft driver from the app on her phone to take her home and waited at the airport. The Lyft driver picked her up at the airport and saw his passenger was a beautiful lady, all alone in the middle of the night. Instead of taking her directly to her house, he either overrode her destination instructions or said he needed to make a quick detour. The Lyft driver pulled into the park and made a pass at Kenzie. She rejected his pass and he subdued her, possibly ending her life. The driver placed Kenzie in his trunk and made a few more pickups afterwards for an alibi. Most likely any future riders wouldn't need to put anything in his trunk unless they were going to or coming from the airport, so they wouldn't encounter her body. After his shift ended, he did something with Kenzie and her luggage.

The police aren't pointing to the Lyft driver as a POI yet because they don't want to scare him off while they get the necessary warrants and fact check his story.

I hope I'm wrong and Kenzie is alive somewhere just hiding out.

Lyft has already given a statement that their driver drove Kenzie to her destination, dropped her off and continued picking up other passengers.

I'm sure many men would agree with you that any time would be a good time to meet up with a beautiful young woman. But how many are actually awake and ready to go out at 3am to do just that? Narrows the possibilities, imo.

jmo
well, if she reached out to him when she landed (and maybe they had been texting/messaging all weekend?) that would give him plenty of time to wake up and 'get ready'. KWIM?

Where there's a will there's a way!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members