Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty sure you could take a Lyft to colorado if you wanted to pay for it and the driver was ok with it.

True! My SO drives for Lyft for extra cash and has taken riders a couple hours away to their requested destinations. Our closest airports are at least an hour and a half away and the biggest, most commonly used one is nearly 3 hours away. It's not cheap for sure, but it's usually cheaper than say airport parking for a week and more convenient and alot less time consuming than going to a bus station, the closest one being 30 mins away and taking that to the airport with multiple stops along the way.

Sounds like a hookup/meetup gone wrong.

Her being 'happy' to see someone doesn't mean she knows them. If you're meeting someone for the first time and you want them to like you, you smile and look happy.

I think the 2 interactions on instagram that someone mentioned (nice sleuthing BTW) could be a key to finding her.

True! My SO drives for Lyft for extra cash and has taken riders a couple hours away to their requested destinations. Our closest airports are at least an hour and a half away and the biggest, most commonly used one is nearly 3 hours away. It's not cheap for sure, but it's usually cheaper than say airport parking for a week and more convenient and alot less time consuming than going to a bus station, the closest one being 30 mins away and taking that to the airport with multiple stops along the way.
Plus the entire area around the Salt Lake City Airport is a construction zone at the moment since the city is getting a brand new airport right next to the current one next year. Getting in and out with your own car is a total nightmare right now.

Exactly. The clock is ticking for this person, as it’s only a matter of time until they find him.

I think the next two days are going to be huge for this investigation.
LE is going to get her phone data and confirm the car description from other surveillance. Then I think things will move fast.

I’m not sure how credible this site or source is. MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
“Detectives have spoken with the Lyft driver and learned that MacKenzie was met at Hatch Park by an individual in a vehicle. The Lyft driver left MacKenzie at the park with that person and stated that MacKenzie did not appear to be in any type of distress.”

Perhaps someone she was seeing or met on a dating app.
Prior to my husband, when I was in my early 20’s I attempted the online dating world, but only met 2 men and they were during the day at a public place.
However, I had several friends who would meet men late at night (after work or studying.) I was pretty worried a few times for them.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how credible this site or source is. MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
“Detectives have spoken with the Lyft driver and learned that MacKenzie was met at Hatch Park by an individual in a vehicle. The Lyft driver left MacKenzie at the park with that person and stated that MacKenzie did not appear to be in any type of distress.”
Sounds good. All of this was corroborated by the police press conference yesterday.

Heavy.com is usually reliable for a recap.

Yes, she met an unknown person at Hatch Park and we have a more detailed timeline:

1:35 a.m. ML's flight landed in SLC
2:01 a.m. ML texted her mother
2:42 a.m. Lyft taken from airport
2:59 a.m. Lyft arrived at Hatch Park

Also, you can watch the press conference here:

I wonder when her phone died or was shut off - do airplanes have USB charging ports? She would have had time to recharge after her plane landed based on the timeline? If she didn’t why? This troubles me

I wonder when her phone died or was shut off - do airplanes have USB charging ports? She would have had time to recharge after her plane landed based on the timeline? If she didn’t why? This troubles me
Think LE is still waiting to get the carrier to release the phone data to them. Once that happens I'm sure the case will be solved pretty quickly. All that's been confirmed about her phone so far is that calls later that day went to voicemail. Someone mentioned earlier that her phone last pinged at a apartment on the banks of the Jordan River a few miles downstream from North Salt Lake and police had been knocking on doors in the complex but I'm not sure if that's ever been confirmed and would think the media would have latched onto that story by now if there was any truth to it.

Last edited:
I’m behind so this might have been discussed....Grifols has a high transient population customer base. They pay for plasma donations and tend to have repetitive donors, many of whom are unemployable due to backgrounds and/or homeless. Could be a donor she met through that job. I could see building a relationship with someone you see at your job 3x a week for several months and somewhat trusting that individual...just a thought.

I think her LinkedIn is more current. It shows that she worked for Grifols from Aug 2017 - Jul 2018.

Her current employer is PRA Health Sciences, a lab in Millcreek, UT.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kenzie-lueck-803818a3/

Also see: MacKenzie Lueck Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Kenzie Lueck is studying nursing and health education and promotion with an emphasis in emergency medicine management, according to her Linkedin profile.While in college, Lueck has worked at Grifols, a plasma donation center, and at PRA Health Sciences, a a lab in Millcreek, Utah, according to her Linkedin profile.

She has worked at PRA Health Sciences as a lab associate since August 2018. At Grifols, she has worked as a plasma processor, phlebotomist and donor center technician.

Derek Petersen‏Verified account @Derek_Photog

At Hatch Park this morning the last place 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck was seen after a Lyft driver took her from the Salt Lake International Airport to the park in North Salt Lake. #KSLTV

D95vPHpWsAEkgDM.jpg

Derek Petersen on Twitter

It is quite telling that the person KL met at the park has not come forward. I do not believe this was the first time they had met. I feel that she knew this person previously.

Once LE gets into her phone and social media it will lead them to where the need to go.

Does KL have a BFF? I've heard about her "little" and "bigger", but what about a best friend? A confidant?

I don't believe she will be found in the Park. Whatever has happened is nowhere near that Park.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members