Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, got so close with this number, hey, just five numbers short of the final digit - add two curves to the three and you've got an eight, hee hee ... hey, maybe this MF Remakel ad came from River Street? This archived number from '97 is still the same number of this restaurant today! They opened in 1982 it seems. So close, h'mm. Misdial Remakel's ad number and you're ordering Chinese food :)
https://webarchive.nla.gov.au/awa/19970719015958/http://www.bec.com.au/ballina/eatery.htm
Current: Address: 283 River St, Ballina NSW 2478

Menu: hoishing.com.au
Phone: (02) 6686 4783

Amazing that there seem to be so many who won't come forward, like the man at the school who she rushed out to see when his car pulled up.
The pilot father of a school student.
And surely there were some at the school who knew their identity.
I wonder if a reward would bring people out of the woodwork.

Amazing that there seem to be so many who won't come forward, like the man at the school who she rushed out to see when his car pulled up.
The pilot father of a school student.
And surely there were some at the school who knew their identity.
I wonder if a reward would bring people out of the woodwork.

Not sure who would put up the reward in this case?

Perhaps a Go Fund Me?

Spontaneous random .... Episode 3 Teaching and Turmoil at TSS, at 17.13, Carrie Allwood speaking "..... by the time I finished up it was very apparent Luke was very interested in his secretary, so I don't think Marion got a look in, in that regard". Makes me wonder if the secretary might be able to shed some light on things ... maybe Marion caught them together and that's where some threats may have come from, if there were any? Just a thought. The secretary usually knows pretty much everything that's going on. End of random.

Last edited:
Going back to the Monsieur Remakel advertisement .... now this phone number 066 86 4788 was not found in any phone book dating from, I think it was 1990 to 2000 .... so if Remakel was only here for a short stay why is the number not listed for 10 years or so? Someone's got it now, and 17 people before it, but just wondering if Remakel left after short stay, why wasn't it publicly listed after his departure? Just something I've been thinking about. It's puzzling, isn't it .... or maybe not? Can any of you sleuths enlighten? Cheers

I'd been wondering if the Remakel who placed the ad ever actually came to Australia.
Maybe he put the ad in from overseas, intending to come but never actually did.
Maybe he gave the phone number of a friend.
I know there must be a lot of people who don't know about Marion.
But it seems the Remakel who placed the ad, didn't have any contact with any other human beings here, that's if he was here at all

Maybe the number wasn't listed because whoever had the number after that paid the extra to have the number private.

Last edited:
Good point Tootsie, yes, maybe he never did come to Australia. Has certainly disappeared without a trace, and left no footprint ..... even burnt down his post office box ..... wait, that's not fair, may have been random arsonists .....
But yes, maybe the others who took on the number kept it private .... or this person calling themselves Remakel had the number for years and the name Remakel is a phony fake one. Hey, I wonder if the cults were listed in phone book, the Hermes and such things, what was their number back in the day ......

Maybe this was someone as of yet unknown using a well known, in some fields, name, Remakel to lure in women.

I wonder if Marion would have known who Remakel was?
I'm not into Soccer but know some of the well known players names but had never heard of Remakel til this podcast.

7NEWS Sydney
@7NewsSydney

·
1h

The homicide squad is reviewing the investigation into missing mother Marion Barter, and may refer her case to the Coroner. It's a major escalation, triggered by the hit 7NEWS podcast The Lady Vanishes which has tracked down more persons of interest.
@BryanSeymour1
#7NEWS
Thanks Morrisa, just played that footage, and whoa .... the case is rattling along at a cracking pace now ....

7NEWS Sydney
@7NewsSydney

·
1h

The homicide squad is reviewing the investigation into missing mother Marion Barter, and may refer her case to the Coroner. It's a major escalation, triggered by the hit 7NEWS podcast The Lady Vanishes which has tracked down more persons of interest.
@BryanSeymour1
#7NEWS
Do you have a link to the story? This just takes me to the 7 news twitter feed.

Mad thought for the day .... so if Monsieur Remakel went to the bother of having this secretive unlisted phone number why put it in the paper with your name attached to it, doesn't make sense, unless thinking it's a French newspaper so it'd be okay .... not sure, but seems nonsensical .... come on Telstra, put us out of our misery .... slot the answer in here for us undercover, hey, we will be most pleased and full of gratitude. Thank you.
Good on ya Morrisa, you can catch up, binge on it, hee hee ... look forward to hearing your thoughts and theories on the case.
And just with the online footage, I've found you can watch them if you're using Google Chrome, otherwise they don't seem to load, for me anyway.

I'd been wondering if the Remakel who placed the ad ever actually came to Australia.
Maybe he put the ad in from overseas, intending to come but never actually did.
Maybe he gave the phone number of a friend.
I know there must be a lot of people who don't know about Marion.
But it seems the Remakel who placed the ad, didn't have any contact with any other human beings here, that's if he was here at all

Maybe the number wasn't listed because whoever had the number after that paid the extra to have the number private.
In the ad, the Box L51 doesn’t seem to conform to how other P.O. Box’s were listed (all numerals vs letter & 2 numerals). Wonder if this and/or phone number is some kind of messaging service used by people listing ads, so they don’t have to publish their actual phone numbers?

A positive outcome on Monday 22nd July will be a step forward for Sally.....

A woman searching for her missing mother for 22 years will soon learn whether she will be granted access to vital police files, as part of her unrelenting quest to solve the mystery which has captivated a global audience of millions.

Sally Leydon believes authorities may be withholding crucial pieces of information that could help her discover what happened to her mother, former Gold Coast school teacher Marion Barter.

And Leydon, 46, hopes the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal will rule that police must hand over the full file into Barter’s baffling disappearance.

Now a mother of three young children, Leydon is also formally pressing for a coronial inquest in her bid for answers.
https://7news.com.au/news/the-lady-...ery-of-missing-teacher-marion-barter-c-200259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes