MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet but there will be no bond hearing today

Any word on a PC or any kind of update??

edit: grammar

snipped
On Saturday morning, video recorded her and Theesfeld together in a market near Harmontown, on the north side of Sardis Lake.
Ally Kostial murder: How Brandon Theesfeld was caught

They got the cell phone information so fast IMO. And having them together on video plus a weapon in the vehicle and blood? - excellent work by LE (I'm repeating myself but wow!).

Not sure if this has been posted yet but there will be no bond hearing today

Any word on a PC or any kind of update??

edit: grammar
Has there been a press conference at all? I don't recall one.

snipped
On Saturday morning, video recorded her and Theesfeld together in a market near Harmontown, on the north side of Sardis Lake.
Ally Kostial murder: How Brandon Theesfeld was caught

They got the cell phone information so fast IMO. And having them together on video plus a weapon in the vehicle and blood? - excellent work by LE (I'm repeating myself but wow!).
Yep. They are valuable citizens in their community. Go figure. Their value isn't measured by their income.

Think the perp will ever understand that? (Rhetorical question, no answer expected.)

Great job, LE.

jmo

Memphis isn’t on the way to Ft Worth. Students take 55-S to Jackson and then hit 20W to Dallas-Ft Worth

The route through Jackson, MS is definitely a “simpler” route, but the route through Memphis is shorter (mileage and time-wise). Maybe he was taking a different route purposely. Or maybe he wasn’t headed to TX at all.

The route through Jackson, MS is definitely a “simpler” route, but the route through Memphis is shorter (mileage and time-wise). Maybe he was taking a different route purposely. Or maybe he wasn’t headed to TX at all.

I looked at the map and the route through Memphis could take him to the Ouachita National Forest. Maybe this explains the weapon and bloody clothes, he could have planned to ditch them there?

MOO

To paraphrase, the former classmate said he liked to make sure others knew he was rich and that his parents could get him out of any trouble that he got in. He wasn't particularly nice. The class was small.

jmo

Typical tool

My knowledge is based on the route my friends/ fraternity brothers took when returning home to Dallas/Frisco/Ft Worth.

I was there from 2005-2010, and this makes me sick. She appears to be like a lot of girls I knew. They’re super sweet and friendly. They’re rich kids but they are generally very good natured. Same goes for the guys, but there is the occasional douche. Unfortunately the douches are very vocal and visible, thus contributing to a reputation that isn’t really deserved. Even without the murder charge, I’d label him as one of those due to his tweets. Just a punk.

Typical tool

My knowledge is based on the route my friends/ fraternity brothers took when returning home to Dallas/Frisco/Ft Worth.

I was there from 2005-2010, and this makes me sick. She appears to be like a lot of girls I knew. They’re super sweet and friendly. They’re rich kids but they are generally very good natured. Same goes for the guys, but there is the occasional douche. Unfortunately the douches are very vocal and visible, thus contributing to a reputation that isn’t really deserved. Even without the murder charge, I’d label him as one of those due to his tweets. Just a punk.
Typical tool

Agreed. I’m from the area (MS). Most Ole Miss kids do have money, and there are the select few who give the majority a bad name. He seems like your classic punk. I sincerely hate it for both families. It’s tragic all the way around. I just pray justice is served.

I looked at the map and the route through Memphis could take him to the Ouachita National Forest. Maybe this explains the weapon and bloody clothes, he could have planned to ditch them there?

MOO

Perhaps. Or toss them in the Mississippi River when he crossed from Memphis into Arkansas. But theoretically he could’ve done that via the other route too, in Vicksburg. There’s no telling. But according to his past actions, he was very careless, so maybe there was no plan for the weapon and bloody clothes.

Since many of the facts are out there, I have been pondering the following. One thing that is rarely mentioned in cases like this, probably because it could be construed as victim blaming (and maybe it is in a way, but that’s not my intention), is why do accomplished young women give guys like this (ones with sketchy high school academic records, arrests in high school and college, immature or violent tweets, drinking problems, anger problems) the time of day, much less years of their lives?

George Hughley, the Duke lacrosse player, had a similar privileged background and he drank to excess and killed his girlfriend after two years of dating. We all know women who choose guys that are beneath them. In general, are we emphasizing to our daughters that the superficial trappings of success and “manliness” are meaningless in terms of their long term happiness and safety if the guy is, basically, a psychopath?

Yes, the man is always to blame in terms of this kind of violence, but we still try to teach girls to take steps to protect themselves physically (be aware of your surroundings, etc). However, since women are usually killed by people they know, what can they do? One obvious thing they can do is to never enter into any kind of close personal relationship with this type of guy in the first place. They can’t text you at midnight if they don’t know your name or have your number. They’ll move on to easier prey. Be wary, observe from afar, get on the guys Twitter feed if you’re curious, but don’t go out on even one date until you’ve done some research online or via your friend and family networks.

Girls should know the warning signs of an abuser. But they should also be told that in their romantic lives, they should look for a good guy, a nice guy, an honorable guy, above all, and not be focused on nabbing the “cool” guy, the “cute” guy, the rich alpha male in the “right” fraternity or the one who is pursuing a lucrative major.

Looks, athleticism, a wealthy background, and privilege are meaningless and won’t lead to happiness if the guy is also spoiled, chauvinistic, controlling, violent, etc. My parents emphasized this to me a lot growing up, and although I “totally” lusted after the stereotypical, all American guy, I never ended up dating anyone who scared me in any way at any point in the relationship or when things didn’t work out. I know I was lucky, too, and that you can’t always know everything, but nowadays, people reveal an awful lot on their social media accounts and in other ways.

I’m speaking generally here as I know few details of this particular relationship, but I see this happen a lot. Why is it that the handsome or rich jerks seem to attract girls while the sweet, nice guys struggle to get a date? I know there are probably complex biological and evolutionary forces at work, but we can work against them when the stakes are this high!

I often wonder this. I just watched the first episode of Euphoria on HBO last night. Basically the entire episode is young girls lowering themselves for boys that treat like dirt. I was shocked and disgusted watching it and really thought if this is what our younger generation is going through, we are in a terrible place as a species.

I often wonder this. I just watched the first episode of Euphoria on HBO last night. Basically the entire episode is young girls lowering themselves for boys that treat like dirt. I was shocked and disgusted watching it and really thought if this is what our younger generation is going through, we are in a terrible place as a species.
As a victim of emotional and verbal abuse, I can tell you that abusers don’t hook partners by being cool and treating you like dirt. I’d never encountered a “bad person” and believed everyone had a good heart. My ex was the most charming kind person i’d ever met. It’s called “love bombing” and it seemed very sincere. So attentive, thoughtful, engaged! Until 2 years later. Once we were engaged and got a place together I couldn’t do anything right. Nit picking, angry, absurd logic. It throws you for a loop. You believe the person you first met is the “real person”. But that was the fake one. It creates a real confusion. I final figured out it’s some borderline disorder and he was smart and manipulative. Freed myself. But these people are dangerous too so it’s no easy task to get free safely.

Just my own opinion ... I wonder if AK might have been pregnant ... a baby would have surely interrupted BT’s future plans. Could this scenario be motive? MOO

Just my opinion -- I don't believe BT murdered AK because of pregnancy. Just the opposite -- women are more often killed when leaving a relationship.

I believe if they were ever a couple, it was probably earlier as their social media seems scrubbed of each other. I'm wondering if AK had finally moved on and told him she was dating somebody else.

The after hours meet-up just has that "I have to talk to you, and promise to leave you alone" vibe to it.

MOO

I was just reading about Mississippi murder laws. There are no degrees like 2nd it’s either first degree or manslaughter. If his attorney can convince a jury this was a “crime of passion” for instance if it wasn’t planned and something enraged him. His sentence could be only 2-20 years in prison and actually be out in less time then that.

You know his parents will get him the best defense money can buy. Defense will push for manslaughter I wouldn’t be surprised if DA agrees to plead this out with voluntary manslaughter if they can’t gather up enough evidence to prove it was premeditated.

There was a case in Gautier, MS years ago and a young man killed another young kid (18) because he was jealous the latter was dating his ex.. shot him in the heart from the front yard. The guy died in his moms arms. Plead guilty to manslaughter, got 20 years and was out in 8. SMH.

I REALLY hope it doesn’t end up this way.

Joseph Goff to leave prison; served less than half of 20-year manslaughter sentence - gulflive.com

I was just reading about Mississippi murder laws. There are no degrees like 2nd it’s either first degree or manslaughter. If his attorney can convince a jury this was a “crime of passion” for instance if it wasn’t planned and something enraged him. His sentence could be only 2-20 years in prison and actually be out in less time then that.

You know his parents will get him the best defense money can buy. Defense will push for manslaughter I wouldn’t be surprised if DA agrees to plead this out with voluntary manslaughter if they can’t gather up enough evidence to prove it was premeditated.

This isn't accurate. The Mississippi Code does have murder in degrees. Miss. Code Ann. § 97-3-19 provides that the killing of a human being: "when done with deliberate design to effect the death of the person killed, or of any human being, shall be first-degree murder; . . ." It goes on to define second degree murder and capital murder. Other code sections discuss manslaughter. I agree that it seems that his best defense is likely to be trying to establish a lessor homicide offense; as the evidence seems to be really stacking up against him as the person responsible for her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member