MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem's like he is pretty much busted. I would not be surprised if he confessed.
I'm not holding my breath on that one. If he is as privileged as he seems to be, and if he is the Narcissistic sociopath I believe him to be, I don't see it happening. If his super lawyer advises it, maybe, but it's mighty early in the game for that to happen. IMO.
I must say, however, that I hope I'm wrong and you're right! :cool:

Cocaine is prevalent in Oxford. My best friend’s daughter is in Ally’s sorority (as well as Brandon’s sister’s). In her words, it’s not just the “wild” kids partying. So if cocaine was a factor, would it cause rage? More worrying, would a drug problem be a defense and would rehab be a means to get a reduced sentence? I am not at all implying that Ally had any type of drug issue. I’m merely speculating about Brandon’s behavior. First time poster, so I apologize if I’ve misunderstood the rules of posting. I live in South MS and went to grad school at Ole Miss.
I’m not sure if cocaine itself would actually cause rage, but I think continued/longtime use would definitely affect your decisions and actions... Hid legal dream team may very well be preparing a defense based on excessive alcohol and drug use..

Just my own opinion ... I wonder if AK might have been pregnant ... a baby would have surely interrupted BT’s future plans. Could this scenario be motive? MOO
IMO, it would be one h*ll of a motive.
I think several of us have had that thought -- certainly I have wondered about it-- especially since it seemed to me on that night that it seemed to be she was searching for him, and when they got together, he had a gun (I'm not used to people I know carrying concealed weapons, so I'm quite naive about that lifestyle). And having a pregnant GF could be a real drag for a lot of reasons... And the area where he shot her also made me wonder a bit, too.
The M.E. should be able to establish that, but we may not know till trial, if there is one, or we may never know.

@Drinkmilk -- Thanks much for your comments and info -- how some of the real world is.
And one more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
Drinkmilk !!

Does anyone else think it’s weird that his attorneys haven’t filed a motion for bail yet? Or that we know of yet. Would new documents/details emerge after the motion is filed? Or any benefit to not requesting it right away?
Last I saw on MSM here is that bail would be handled "later."
Can't find the article, but still looking.

Thanks for the legal info on bail for murder -- I've also seen this type thing "jockeyed around" in the courts on big cases here in NC. It's almost like a mini trial in a way.
And this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
momsof3 !!

Thank you that’s very kind of you! I graduated from there in 2014 and the pressure was intense. I let a guy lead me on most of my senior year, totally convinced we’d get married. Once graduated and moved back home I realized what a bad fit we were, and how being in that bubble seemed to spur on my misguided actions. I watched this happen to. So. Many. Friends. It wasn’t surprising either for the guy to be someone you met early on at Ole Miss. Keep going back to him in between other relationships etc.

I went thru my own abduction, sexual assault and assault in my early college years (not at ole miss or in oxford), narrowly escaping death, so these cases always hit close to my heart. But to have it at my alma mater, to a girl who was a part of a sorority that I voted to bring on campus, just shakes me like no other case.
Very admirable that you can look back on the tough times and be able to share it. You were certainly made of some good deep faith in yourself although you may not have known how deep at the time.
Bravo to you, a true survivor!

Is this normal legal procedure to seal records this early in a murder investigation? Just curious to me, but it may be normal.
Not familiar at all with what is usual in Mississippi, but I've seen it a lot in my state of NC, and in most other cases.
Nothing goes out -- no one needs to know who does not know already -- kind of thing. A jury will have to be seated -- no time soon, I'm sure, but the less out there to the public, the better for all parties. The press gets nothing as well. Pretty normal stuff from what I've seen, and I've seen a good many here with the WS cases I have followed.

I don't know...Slick lawyers are pretty charming and sly.
Poor young man. He's a "young kid" just getting started in life you know, has trouble getting dates, finally finds one he likes and this girl chases him -- wanting things he can't give, he's confused, she threatens him with (who knows what), he's having a tuff time in his classwork, is shy so doesn't have any close friends, is too small for university athletics, his family isn't nearby, his parents are divorced which he's never gotten over, he's picked on because he is small in stature, no professional help at the university to help him, has frequent panic attacks, isn't sleeping well, his professors don't like the work he does, etc., etc., etc.
Poor, poor young guy.
I can see and hear it all now. <choke> <gag> :mad:

I just hope they don't try and attack her, and drag her through the mud, in order to make him look like less of a .

They could always bring in a jury from a different town for the trial, or get a change of venue... Assuming this can be done in Mississippi.
The big buck brings luck... Grrr.
This kind of reminds me of the "Affluenza kid" in Texas, IIRC.
They certainly can get a change of venue in MS. Jessica Chambers’ murder trial was moved from North MS to South MS (with jurors from South MS).

Brandon Theesfeld lays out days leading up to murder of Ole Miss student to attorneys

“He’s told us all about that day,” said Steve Farese, attorney.

Of course he won’t reveal what the suspended Ole Miss student told him.

“What you do is you start from the beginning and you talk to the client. You retrace steps to see if there are any other possible suspects," said Farese.

He said he doesn’t know of any other suspects but the team is looking.

Brandon Theesfeld lays out days leading up to murder of Ole Miss student to attorneys

“He’s told us all about that day,” said Steve Farese, attorney.

Of course he won’t reveal what the suspended Ole Miss student told him.

“What you do is you start from the beginning and you talk to the client. You retrace steps to see if there are any other possible suspects," said Farese.

He said he doesn’t know of any other suspects but the team is looking.
Why would this lawyer say anything to the press? So, now, his client told him ALL about the day. So, that apparently rules out black outs.

<modsnip >

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how they can avoid it. The big thing that they will use is the pregnancy, if there is one. I've seen screenshots, which seem to be legitimate.
Nothing they could say would justify murdering her. So what if she was pregnant, would that justify murder? How is that a defense for BT? They have to claim he did not do it. There is no believable scenario where he had a justifiable reason to shoot her.

Nothing they could say would justify murdering her. So what if she was pregnant, would that justify murder? How is that a defense for BT? They have to claim he did not do it. There is no believable scenario where he had a justifiable reason to shoot her.
I'm with you. I wouldn't buy it; however, they might parlay it into her having a secret life, especially, if she kept it a secret from her family. I don't know what their defense is going to be. Personally, I just do not see him getting off of this murder. I think that they hope for reduced charges down to manslaughter, perhaps.

IMO, this kid is dangerous, and he has mental issues. He needs lots of counseling before he is ever released back into society. To commit murder is one of the worst things a person could do. Remember, though, he told people that he could do anything and his Dad would come to the rescue. On that point, he was right. Dad has hired a team of high powered lawyers.

I personally don't blame the father. As a parent, we all love our children. We want them to be successful and happy. I don't believe that this father is condoning what his son has done. If I could reach into this father's mind, he probably now understands that his son is very disturbed and needs to be in an inpatient hospital and treated or a prison with a mental health wing.

Seems like store owner unsure what evidence if any saved on his surveillance footage taken by LE......

Ally Kostial murder at Ole Miss: 'You never expect something like that in Oxford'

Some critical questions and remain unanswered by officials sources, including the one that's on the top of everybody's mind: Why did someone do it?

Rocky Kennedy, Lafayette County coroner, said there's a reason officials are not saying much.

"It’s not a story for everybody to see until it goes to court and goes to trial," he said. "Some of the sensitive details in this case… (are) instrumental to make sure this person who committed this crime is tried and convicted and serve an applicable sentence or punishment and held responsible for what they did.
"
BBM - Snipped by me

^^^For those still asking about why the case is sealed at this early stage.

<modsnip> if cocaine was a factor, would it cause rage? More worrying, would a drug problem be a defense and would rehab be a means to get a reduced sentence? I am not at all implying that Ally had any type of drug issue. I’m merely speculating about Brandon’s behavior. First time poster, so I apologize if I’ve misunderstood the rules of posting. I live in South MS and went to grad school at Ole Miss.

Welcome to Webseluths, @Lulu45 . Waving to you from Central MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the gun that was in his truck is the one that killed her, there is no theory under the sun his top notch defense attorneys could sell me that would exonerate him.

If it was also registered to him and the blood on the clothes in the truck is found to belong to her, that would be even more damning.

Shooting her multiple times is no accident.

There was something that allowed LE to quickly obtain a warrant to track him both by credit card and phone. It could have been the gas station video or could be something more like texts between them. Walking out and finding himself surrounded by officers had to be quite the surprise for BT.

I suspect there is ample evidence in this case. They had warrants and an arrest in no time, he clearly did not have the intelligence to cover up anything and left a clear trail. I believe they have the motive, the means and the opportunity, as well as the murder weapon.

I wonder if he talked at all before being "lawyered up". He seems arrogant enough to have possibly done so.

I too wonder what he did in the intervening days, perhaps went and found his flavor of the week and partied on? Perhaps such was more of a priority than getting rid of bloody clothing and the gun?

We have not heard it but I would assume his apartment was searched as well. We know they are going through all texts and electronics.

Jmo.
As long as the investigation and finding, collecting, etc., of this evidence and his arrest were solid WRT discovery, rules of evidence, reading his rights, etc., and it was done under totally proper procedures -- then he should be toast. And let me say that I do feel sure that LE was careful and did do it by the book.

His attorneys will probably pick at it like a dog with a bone and try to have this and that thrown out, etc. I also feel sure that LE knew what they had and they were extra-careful to do it correctly and to document it fully.
That's my main concern -- many of us have seen this kind of evidence collection and arrest, etc., torn up in court, and IMO his defense team is probably aces at this kind of thing.
I'm also hoping that their suspect blabbed his head off with LE, but I'm not betting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419