MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add to this that the water is really high out there right now according to my sources and that the areas typically used by for ATV's for mudding is full of water. They typically go when the water is a very low level.
bbm
Thanks for that info. Interesting local tidbit...:cool:
Based on that, it would imply that the person who had her was familiar with the area and possibly assumed that no one would be out there for a few days since the water was high. A good place to kill & dump or just to dump a body.
Is it an easy place to find at night -- would a non-local have a tuff time getting there at night?

For locals: Does Memphis have a reputation in Oxford as the place where criminals live? I"m wondering if he planned to dispose of evidence there not only because it was far away from the scene but because locals would believe a bad person from Memphis would be a believable killer of a beautiful girl in Oxford?

Just thinking aloud, speculating, brainstorming. Not fact.

jmo

I live in the Memphis area. Most folks live in the 'burbs because the schools are better and it's safer. I would say it's definitely a possibility that he was going to dump the evidence somewhere, possibly Memphis or the MS River? As to your question about Memphis having a reputation for being dangerous... Yea, I could see that. It's about a 90 minute drive or so from Oxford, maybe a little less.

You are correct, but the initial official reports released did say she was shot 8 times. That was the first word, but it has since been changed to "multiple".
Rumors go from 8 to 22 so we really don't know anything beyond "multiple".

There are people that have said that they never saw BT sober. This kid may have been doing both drugs and alcohol. I truly believe that he could have blacked out on more than one occasion and not remembered a thing.

I'm not saying that happened on this occasion because how could you hit your target several times if you are totally that messed up?

I know that back in the day, when I was a total idiot, I probably blacked out at times when I didn't remember things that I did. I'm not proud of the fact; and, by the grace of God, I never hurt anyone and never killed myself or was murdered.

I'm 180 degrees different than that today; however, I was an idiot back in the day. I will be the first person to admit it.
Nothing personal but maybe you can help me with this, SB.

If a person can black out and not know he/she killed someone, how do they know they haven't hurt or killed many people and just didn't get caught?

bbm
Thanks for that info. Interesting local tidbit...:cool:
Based on that, it would imply that the person who had her was familiar with the area and possibly assumed that no one would be out there for a few days since the water was high. A good place to kill & dump or just to dump a body.
Is it an easy place to find at night -- would a non-local have a tuff time getting there at night?

The lake itself is very popular, but from what I know one side (the closer one) is popular. The far side, which most kids never go to or see, is fairly isolated and unpopulated. I believe some picnic benches and tables, an old fishing camp etc. from what I’ve read it seems it takes an extra 20 minutes or so to drive around to that side. That could be incorrect though. But it is not the “typical” place/side to go and would definitely be out of the way and conspicuous. I agree with many others that I think he thought he would have more time to dispose of evidence before body was found due to location and high water levels.

Some people go out when the water is low to atv, hang out, drink beers and fire off at empty cans. So it’s not unusual to hear gun shots in that area if anyone did hear them. The side he was on is supposedly a drug infested area, I believe that’s why LE was doing “routine” patrol.

Either way the whole thing spells out premeditated, fully thinking, and dumbly executed IMO

I think he was mad at her for doing something he didn't like...or not doing something he did like.

Could be a pregnancy (not a confirmed fact) that he didn't want. Or he did want and she didn't. Or he wanted to do something sexual that night and she rejected him. Or he accused her of cheating (if they are a couple).

Whatever the case, it's obviously entitled rage gone completely and unbelievable out of control.

My hunch is his phone is providing a ton of evidence of his movements that night.

jmo
bbm
Agreed. Phones are wonderful things, as we know, but a phone can be quite the tattletale, too, as we know. What an idiot. Get rid of it. Shoot it 8 times, then stomp it flat, tear the guts out of it, and throw part of it here, then there, then toss the rest in the lake, but not near the body. Perhaps he was in a bit of a rush to GTH outta there. SMH.

It’d be a very messy dump if she was shot 8 times first. Maybe they should be looking for tarps/ shower curtains/ large sheets of plastic in area trash cans & dumpsters.

Thinking b4 I saw “arrest”. That was fast! Digital trail? Glad to have another entitled violent female basher OUT of society!
bbm
That's what I thought earlier in this thread -- there had to be a lot of blood (please excuse). Maybe he had a blanket for them to sit on, or similar. If he had any sense, he wouldn't , IMO, have shot her at one location and then taken her body to the lake -- his vehicle would be screaming evidence unless he had planned this thing out with a tarp, etc., as you, @JudgeJoe suggest, but we'll see...

Has anyone local been in that store or are familiar with the merchandise? Would the story carry PG tests? I am thinking no, but I have grown kids and don't check the aisles of any store for those tests so not sure.

Is it a store with that type of item, or more like a place with just beverages and beef jerky sticks?

jmo
I have been wondering the EXACT same thing. So glad you mentioned this and hopefully a local knows.

Good point about the messiness. From his twitter, he looks like he drinks a lot. If he was drinking when this happened, he could've left evidence in his car, etc.

jmo
I was about to post the same thing re alcohol. Messy, slow, forgetful, etc.

Just to clarify, I don't think that was his motive at all, I just think it could have been what occurred that night before he killed her due to his REAL reason.

Jmo.
ITA. Something that came up quickly and he lost it.

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2019/07...s-first-court-appearance-charged-with-murder/

At 11:30 a.m. Theesfeld, along with his attorney Swayze Alford, stood before Lafayette County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth and was formally charged with murder. A bond hearing will take place at a later date.

Swayze Alford, Attorney at Law | Oxford, MS

Swayze Alford Attorney at Law Reviews, Ratings | Legal Services near 1300 Van Buren Ave #110 , Oxford MS
Thanks for the info on the attorney -- the kid needs somebody standing up there with him at this early stage.
But, of course this kid is gonna need more than a DUI attorney -- at least that's what the ad says. Maybe the atty. knows a good one. Maybe this guy has gotten him out of trouble in the past, or someone recommended him to his dad.
He's gonna need an expensive murder attorney that ought to cost about a quarter million, IMO.

Thanks for the info on the attorney -- the kid needs somebody standing up there with him at this early stage.
But, of course this kid is gonna need more than a DUI attorney -- at least that's what the ad says. Maybe the atty. knows a good one. Maybe this guy has gotten him out of trouble in the past, or someone recommended him to his dad.
He's gonna need an expensive murder attorney that ought to cost about a quarter million, IMO.

He has the Fareses, the most expensive attorneys in the MidSouth with a reputation for getting reduced charges/sentences for some really guilty folks.

Swayze was just a place holder until Daddy made the call to Farese Law Firm in Ashland and Oxford. There are 3 or 4 Fareses on the letterhead.

The only more powerful situation he could be in would be to have Leslie Ballin of Memphis involved. He used to team up with Farese as with the Mary Winkler case.

That's the closest the MidSouth has to a Dream Team.

Last edited:
Nothing personal but maybe you can help me with this, SB.

If a person can black out and not know he/she killed someone, how do they know they haven't hurt or killed many people and just didn't get caught?
They don't know. I'd say, if they have a propensity towards violence when they drink, there might be a chance of it. If they wake up with blood on their clothes, that would be a clue.

On that note, my husband and I just sent in our DNA to Ancestry. I said to him, "I don't know if I should do this. What if I committed a crime in my past life that I don't know about??" Then, I said, "Oh well...I guess, then, it's time to pay the piper." ;)

I was fortunate to have good jobs in Corporate America and am married to a very successful, straight arrow type of guy. You would never suspect that I was an idiot for a few years of my life. Those years were before I married the stable, rudder of the guy that I am with now. I thank God all of the time for putting him into my life. :)

BT's apartment in Oxford

Kendall Downing @kendall_downing
NEW: Brandon Theesfeld lived at this apt complex off Old Taylor Rd in Oxford. Neighbors say they didn’t interact with him much but would see him going to the gym. Another neighbor told me she heard loud parties
@WMCActionNews5

EAQdpA_WkAADLBG

10:24 AM · Jul 24, 2019 pst

'She impacted our community;' Funeral held for Ally Kostial in Kirkwood

KIRKWOOD, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- Friends and family said their final goodbye to Ally Kostial Saturday morning.

Funeral services were held for the 21-year-old Ole Miss student at Concordia Lutheran Church in Kirkwood at 10 a.m.

Kostial was killed last week in Mississippi by a fellow student, officials say.

Those who knew her said she was a ray of sunshine, always happy and brought light to the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt