Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora was disabled, but she was also 15 and growing and maturing in her own way. She may have desired some independence and when she woke up and nobody else was awake, she decided to venture off (although in her underwear is certainly odd and doesn't jive with my "maturing" theory). I think the previous poster who said she may have seen a "waterfall" sign and assumed it was close could be right.

The soles of her feet and the presence or absence of a sexual assault will tell the story.

How could this hiking group find her 1 hour 20 mins walk from the resort, when in fact she was found 1.2 miles away from resort which would take 20-23mins?

I think they said they were following the trail / water downwards - so they could have started much further out from the resort and been working their way closer when they found Nora.

I personally have made my judgment of this investigation based on:
Police refusing to believe is could be an abduction
Refusing to answer reporters questions
Police and government know that his is a high profile international case. They have not provided an interpreter, only issued written statements that people can be put in jail for public speculation.
Refusing to acknowledge the handicap she has and the likelihood she did NOT walk away.

It maybe a good county. If they want to be respected then the police should have been more forth coming with the international press.

Jmo

I don't think police refused to believe it could have been an abduction, they just didn't have any direct evidence of it. Police forces all around the world sometimes don't answer certain questions at press conferences. Perhaps police interpreters were busy with the family, the people that needed them most? And I don't recall international media being banned from hiring their own interpreters.

The search-and-rescue operations will not be called off until after the postmortem, said local police chief Mohamad Mat Yusof.

Shirley Yap, a member of the hiking group that found Nora’s body, had said before setting off that they planned to search for her around the waterfall in the Pantai Hills, about 40 miles south-east of capital Kuala Lumpur

She said: “We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

“We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain.”

The group, led by Kenny Chan, trekked through “hilly and difficult” terrain not accessible to vehicles, around a an hour and 20 minutes’ walk from the resort.

They reported their discovery to the police’s search hotline at 1.57pm.

The area had already been covered by the extensive search for Nora, who went missing on August 3, just hours after arriving at the Dusun Rainforest Resort with her parents and siblings Innes, 12, and Maurice, eight.

Before Nora was found her parents had a meeting with a Catholic priest to pray for divine intervention.

Meabh, 45, and Sebastien, 47, met Father George Harrison after a service at the Church of Visitation in Seremban, ten miles from their holiday home.

He told the Mirror: “The parents came to our mass and to pray afterwards. I said a prayer for them afterwards and I blessed them.
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of teen during first search of jungle area

but there are leads online that perhaps the authorities are not aware of. They need to be highlighted with the relevant agencies incase there is a real issue at hand other than that we all need to be patient and let the authorities do their job and you can trust Malaysia.

If there are leads online, they should have been checking social media. US as U.K. have the ability to do this and to trace these post.

I personally have made my judgment of this investigation based on:
Police refusing to believe is could be an abduction
Refusing to answer reporters questions
Police and government know that his is a high profile international case. They have not provided an interpreter, only issued written statements that people can be put in jail for public speculation.
Refusing to acknowledge the handicap she has and the likelihood she did NOT walk away.

It maybe a good county. If they want to be respected then the police should have been more forth coming with the international press.

Jmo

If an SM post is time stamped online, which time zone would it relate to or is that dependent on the device used to post to SM?

According to the Dusun website it is 20mins to the entrance to the jungle, and another hour from there to the waterfall.

It has been widely reported Nora was found 1.2 miles from Dusun. I did google it on google maps & it gave me a walking time of 23 mins. The only reason I can think why it would take so long when that is the distance is due to very difficult terrain. If this is the case then I definitely can’t see Nora getting there by herself.

Nora Quoirin: body found in Malaysia confirmed as missing girl

How could this hiking group find her 1 hour 20 mins walk from the resort, when in fact she was found 1.2 miles away from resort which would take 20-23mins?

Somethings not right. Either they didn’t look very well or she was placed there after the search.

Amazingly, after the reward and the Shamans ceremony to make a trade with the jenie, they find her. Somebody was waiting on a reward.

I don’t think we will hear cause of death or anymore from the police. They wouldn’t give any information when she was missing and I don’t think they will now.

JMHO

Last edited:
The family’s spokesman Matthew Searle, of the Lucie Blackman Trust, said last night that devastated parents Meabh, 45, and Sebastien, 47, have “a large amount of questions”.

He said: “One of those questions is, has the body been there all the time or is there a criminal involvement? Was the body dumped there afterwards?”

It is understood Nora had been wearing underwear when she went missing – but police said she was found “completely naked”.

Malaysia’s deputy police chief Mazlan Mansor confirmed a criminal investigation was still on-going alongside a missing persons inquiry.

He said he could not comment on whether someone else could have been involved in the tragedy or whether Nora had suffered any injuries.
Rescuers 'may have missed' body of Nora Quoirin during first search

Last edited:
It's not like walking down the street. The terrain is very difficult which would increase the time it took to walk that far.

Thanks Sarah I’m really not thinking straight, I google mapped it earlier and it said 23 mins. Didn’t consider the terrain. I’m now certain Nora couldn’t have done that walk by herself :(

I think they said they were following the trail / water downwards - so they could have started much further out from the resort and been working their way closer when they found Nora.

Alyce I now think it’s very possible it took the group 1hr 20mins to get to the waterfall, although it’s only 1.2 miles I hadn’t considered the very difficult terrain. I now really don’t think it’s possible Nora walked that herself. :(

Do we know where they started their hike from? Likely not a straight line from resort to where found as uphill has been mentioned.

No but it does state on the Dusun website that it is 1h 20 mins walk from a Dusun to waterfall. I think the reason it takes so long to walk 1.2 miles is the very difficult terrain.

There are so many things that could have been put into the public domain.
Why not say exactly what Nora was wearing, Where her brother and sister were..were they still in bed asleep? Some detail about their activities on Saturday.
The secrecy only leads to speculation
The "public" doesn't need to know any of those details, investigators and searches are the ones that need to have the details. JMO

I don't believe there was any abduction. The police mentioned seeing Nora's foot prints the day before, but just one set, not two. And by now there would be an all out manhunt for a murderer as she most likely would have been strangled or severely beaten by anyone who had ill intentions towards her and that would have been immediately clear on her body. Plus what murderer/rapist would be so patient to hold a disabled girl by the hand to lead her a mile to a waterfall that would have taken her probably 2-3 hours (or more) to hike given the state of her condition and doing it in low light. The parents probably feel responsible and having two other children will be afraid of authorities back home taking them away due to neglecting their daughter. Either they had been preparing their child for more independence or overcoddling her to the point that they underestimated her abilities, the disability that she had would not have limited her much from escaping and running off. I feel sorry for her parents and siblings but at least she's in peace and it seems like she finally did find that waterfall she was so excited to see.

Somethings not right. Either they didn’t look very well or she was placed there after the search.

Amazingly, after the reward and the Shamans ceremony to make a trade with the jenie, they find her. Somebody was waiting on a reward.

I don’t think we will hear cause of death or anymore from the police. They wouldn’t give any information when she was missing and I don’t think they will now.

JMHO

Yes I totally agree....All Malay agencies & native Orang Asli have worked VERY hard searching that jungle day & night for Nora. Its hard to believe they wouldn’t have found her.
But I believe they should have treated the villa as a crime scene from the onset just incase a crime had taken place & should have focused a lot more on the resort such as sniffer dogs & cadaver dogs in every chalet & vehicle and outbuilding on resort. I really hope we don’t have a cover up of how Nora died to save face or tourism in Malay, tbh i don’t think her parents will allow that to happen. I hope they have a 2nd post mortem when they bring Nora home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal