Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too wonder how someone who has needed a translator throughout his hearings and questionings, could expect to converse both on a roadside bench and inside his car with a drunken upset young girl and come to an agreement with her about taking her home, I would have thought PR to be the least likely person to be able to help anyone in such a case, unless they too spoke Polish.
As to Libby running away from him at any stage, again in her state she would stand no chance at all, I do not believe for one minute that she would have been able to outrun a young man like him under any circumstances, let alone on uneven ground in a pitch dark park, or up a river embankment.
I agree totally that there is no way Libby could have run away from him. In any circumstances let alone those. I've never thought the falling into a river whilst fleeing was possible.

Nor do I think he'd ever be in a state of panic because she was struggling. IMO the physical differences between them that night would mean he'd always have control. I don't think the poor kid stood any chance, he'd always have had the upper hand, so I'm less inclined to think he accidentally killed her whilst panicking

Regarding language barriers - after a few years here I'm sure he'd have the basics and that could be enough to convince her. Are you ok? You look cold? I'll take you home? But I think police would be very wise to ensure an interpreter for anything more complex such as his rights.

For what it's worth the language barrier is another reason I don't think she knew him.

I too wonder how someone who has needed a translator throughout his hearings and questionings, could expect to converse both on a roadside bench and inside his car with a drunken upset young girl and come to an agreement with her about taking her home, I would have thought PR to be the least likely person to be able to help anyone in such a case, unless they too spoke Polish.
As to Libby running away from him at any stage, again in her state she would stand no chance at all, I do not believe for one minute that she would have been able to outrun a young man like him under any circumstances, let alone on uneven ground in a pitch dark park, or up a river embankment.
Someone will correct me if im wrong, but didnt one of his his neighbours. someone called john say his english was very poor and it was his wife that had to get john complain to the landlord about the broken fence. this is the problem when a thread gets really long you forget what was said and it takes ages to trawl through and find what your looking for.

quote from article:

The 25-year-old man arrested yesterday (Wednesday, 21 August) on suspicion of the murder of Libby Squire has been released under investigation as further enquiries continue.

Doesn't seem to be PR, as this person was released. Wouldn't they have said "returned to custody"??

And isn't PR 24 years old, and article says 25 years old. Or do I PR's age wrong?

TIA!

Good point

Someone will correct me if im wrong, but didnt one of his his neighbours. someone called john say his english was very poor and it was his wife that had to get john complain to the landlord about the broken fence. this is the problem when a thread gets really long you forget what was said and it takes ages to trawl through and find what your looking for.

Yes and we also discussed early on the news article that said the neighbour said he didn't know which of TWO men owned the car that PR sometimes drove. Who was that other man? Or was it bad reporting?

I doubt it but maybe he confessed, went through the details of what happened and that was all dealt with in 24 hours? Again I doubt it but you never know.

Imo he would manage basic conversational English...interpreters are as much about protecting the prosecution and court as much as helping him
Regards the possibility of her getting away from him there are far too many things we do not know yet or may never know to call what happened
As a juror trying to dismiss an possibility of an accident for example...

Did she need to run up the embankment? Could he have already taken her as far as that and she got away from him at the river side ?

How far did he take things ? Whose to say he ever intended to kill her ? Maybe if she kicked up more of a fuss or was more feisty than he expected? Maybe he ran an left her himself ?

Far too much we dont know to call anything 100% imo

Still feel it could have been anything from full planned murder (unlikely imo) to murder through things taking an unexpected turn (most likely imo)
Right through to him leaving her in the park near the river causing her death (possible)

No, the neighbour said he called the landlord on behalf of the wife because her English was poor. Sounded a reasonable request if PR was doing shift work and couldn't phone during office hours.

"John Garrity, 72, described the moment the police arrived on his neighbour's doorstep last night.

He told MailOnline: ''We've never had much conversation. The most that I have spoken to them was when a wooden panel in their fence fell down the lady asked whether I would call the landlord for them because her English wasn't up to it'."

Police arrest man, 24, over disappearance of Libby Squire, 21

Good point
The judge referred to him as 25. He's probably had a birthday since his initial arrest.

I think released under investigation just means no longer being held for questioning. He's been released back to wherever he is to continue to serve his sentence for crimes he's been convicted of.

I've no doubt it's PR

The judge referred to him as 25. He's probably had a birthday since his initial arrest.

I think released under investigation just means no longer being held for questioning. He's been released back to wherever he is to continue to serve his sentence for crimes he's been convicted of.

I've no doubt it's PR

thanks

Yes and we also discussed early on the news article that said the neighbour said he didn't know which of TWO men owned the car that PR sometimes drove. Who was that other man? Or was it bad reporting?
The way it was worded was confusing, but we realised that the neighbour actually said that the car did belong to PR, but that he shared it with another man.
It's interesting, though, that he shares a car with another man. We have no idea about this other man. You'd need to know someone quite well to share a car with them - and trust them.

The way it was worded was confusing, but we realised that the neighbour actually said that the car did belong to PR, but that he shared it with another man.
It's interesting, though, that he shares a car with another man. We have no idea about this other man. You'd need to know someone quite well to share a car with them - and trust them.

So who is this mystery man?

So who is this mystery man?
This is the first I've heard of a mystery man! Did anything ever come of it?

And did he ever look in the boot?
If you borrow a car to get to work or shops you'd use the boot surely. It's always a risk if you lend your car to somebody

I'm guessing it was ANPR from somewhere that led up him

Can you find and link the report that said this?

John Garrity, 72, described the moment the police arrived on his neighbour's doorstep last night.

He told MailOnline: 'The police came knocking at my door and asked for access to the back garden. I knew it was to do with the couple next door but I never for a second imagined it was anything to do with the missing girl.

'The silver Astra that was taken away by the police last night does appear to belong to him, I have seen him in it many times.

Police arrest man, 24, over disappearance of Libby Squire, 21 | Daily Mail Online

I've been trying to find the article where it was suggested that someone else shared the car and thus far, failed.
Lots of things seem to mysteriously disappear with this case. I've just noted mention of a man in a balaclava seen in Libby's street in that report. When I'd heard it mentioned before that that had been in the papers I looked and couldn't find it as a story.

I'm sure there were other stories in MSM that I can't find.

I guess they were mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members