The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing comments all over social media about what a swell job Diana did in raising the boys because Harry has turned out "well". I think people forget he has a father and a grandmother that are still a part of his life.
No disrespect to Diana, she most certainly instilled important values to her children starting from a young age.
But people forget that Harry seems to have inherited positive traits from his father as well.
I can't help but admire the way that Prince Harry interacts with his grandmother. It's so sweet, yet playful. I have no proof, but I do think they have a special bond. He seems to have inherited the type of sensitivity that his father was described as having when he was young.

upload_2019-9-16_14-24-50.png
prince-harry-queen-elizabeth-frienship-relationship-updates-HERO.jpg

7372880-3x2-340x227.jpg

princeharry.jpg

It seems to work well for the European Royals and also some British aristos, I remember watching the Mary Berry series about country homes and the one about the Dukes of Richmond who own Goodwood they said the title isn't handed over but the running of the estate is when the heir turns 40. Seems much more sensible than waiting until someone is ancient, also allows the parent to guide the child and enjoy retirement. Abdication doesn't have to mean exile like it did with Edward VIII

I don't see any point in keeping the top job until you die, much better to step aside but that usually for people who've had a good run at it, most likely William won't be inheriting the throne for 20 years+

I keep seeing comments all over social media about what a swell job Diana did in raising the boys because Harry has turned out "well". I think people forget he has a father and a grandmother that are still a part of his life.
No disrespect to Diana, she most certainly instilled important values to her children starting from a young age.
But people forget that Harry seems to have inherited positive traits from his father as well.
I can't help but admire the way that Prince Harry interacts with his grandmother. It's so sweet, yet playful. I have no proof, but I do think they have a special bond. He seems to have inherited the type of sensitivity that his father was described as having when he was young.

View attachment 204701
prince-harry-queen-elizabeth-frienship-relationship-updates-HERO.jpg

7372880-3x2-340x227.jpg

princeharry.jpg

You are absolutely right Prince Charles does not get enough credit for his role in raising the boys into decent young men. They could easily went into a spiral of despair after their Mother died and thankfully they didn’t.

It seems to work well for the European Royals and also some British aristos, I remember watching the Mary Berry series about country homes and the one about the Dukes of Richmond who own Goodwood they said the title isn't handed over but the running of the estate is when the heir turns 40. Seems much more sensible than waiting until someone is ancient, also allows the parent to guide the child and enjoy retirement. Abdication doesn't have to mean exile like it did with Edward VIII

I don't see any point in keeping the top job until you die, much better to step aside but that usually for people who've had a good run at it, most likely William won't be inheriting the throne for 20 years+

I feel the same way I know Her Majesty feels a deep sense of duty to Her country but I feel sorry for the fact that she isn’t free to do what she wants each day in her 90s. Especially after a long life of public service. She must privately have days where she would like to stay at home or do things she enjoys instead of going to a series of engagements in places up and down the country. I think if I was Monarch I would want to retire at 80 if I was lucky enough to live that long and let my heir to the throne take over.

P.s I don’t mean to be ageist in anyway with this post and have great admiration for Her Majesty’s steadfast public service.

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son' - (warning possible click bait)

PRINCE WILLIAM is second in line to the throne, but a royal expert suggests he may be lacklustre about his destiny and retire from the position early, as he “never calls it a calling, which is significant because it indicates there’s a retirement point”.

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son'

Do you think this is a possibility?
I mentioned a while ago that I've always had the feeling he would be the one to dismantle the monarchy. Maybe he'll retire early. He's seen his father struggle with the surprisingly long wait he's had. This sounds horrible I know I adore the Queen and it's hard to talk about "the wait" while it means her passing.
Does anyone else here pop online in the morning to make sure they, The Queen and Prince Philip are still with us? It's one of the first things I do.

I mentioned a while ago that I've always had the feeling he would be the one to dismantle the monarchy. Maybe he'll retire early. He's seen his father struggle with the surprisingly long wait he's had. This sounds horrible I know I adore the Queen and it's hard to talk about "the wait" while it means her passing.
Does anyone else here pop online in the morning to make sure they, The Queen and Prince Philip are still with us? It's one of the first things I do.

No, only because there is an official government announcement and the Governor General (the Queen's representative in Canada) would make an official announcement as well and do some sort of public procedure.

Part of me thinks that Charles is relieved that he hasn't had to become King yet.

No disrespect to Diana,

You are absolutely right Prince Charles does not get enough credit for his role in raising the boys into decent young men. They could easily went into a spiral of despair after their Mother died and thankfully they didn’t.
o_O I feel the one person who deserves a lot of the credit, although he is quite often overlooked, is Prince Philip.
He clearly has a close relationship with the boys.
They both do seem to have a lot of respect for him & undoubtedly look up to him, at the same time very much at ease with him when seen together. Philip has even been caught laughing & joking, in public,:eek: with both of the boys many times.
wedding-family-friend-Edward-Van-Cutsem-November-2004.jpg

paired-up-again-Rugby-World-Cup-Final-following.jpg

princephilip06a.jpg

0977a1d755302f3013a83c892ac1e878--prince-philip-prince-harry.jpg

:DThat was nearly very embarrassing for Grandpa!’ says the watching William. ‘Grandpa is having more fun than anyone else. There is something about banks that all children just want to roll down. George is just the same.'
3367301D00000578-0-image-m-6_1461277286783.jpg
Grandpa was such a stud! :p Harry says: ‘Look how good-looking Grandpa is there! He’s an absolute stud! Those glasses, slicked back hair'

;)
Loads more private family pics & cine clips in the article found here

:confused: Now, that's what I call a (ridiculously long) headline

Thieves steal King Edward VII's lover's jewellery from Sudeley Castle where Liz Hurley married and King Henry VIII's last wife Catherine Parr is buried as police say burglary could be LINKED to theft of golden toilet from Blenheim Palace

The stolen artefacts include a Cartier watch monogrammed AK - believed to be a gift for Alice Keppel, the mistress of King Edward VII, from her royal lover before he died in 1910.
18539588-7469321-image-a-112_1568645464231.jpg
The raid on Sunday September 15 took place just 30 miles from Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, where a solid gold toilet worth £4.8million was stolen on Saturday.

Asked if there is a link a Gloucestershire Police spokesman told MailOnline: 'We remain open minded about who may be involved and links to other high value burglaries
'.

Four burglars smashed their way into display cases with a sledgehammer and then filled a large bag with the items before making off in a 4x4 vehicle parked nearby...

A :eek: Faberge gold cigarette case set with diamonds, a Faberge silver caviar box and silver mounted vodka glasses, a gold snuffbox made in Paris in 1783 and a 1908 silver cigarette case by Marshak in Kiev were also stolen from Sudeley.

18539244-7469321-image-a-107_1568644960939.jpg

A £10,000 reward has been offered for the return of precious items snatched from the historic Alice Keppel collection held at Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire

18539246-7469321-image-a-108_1568644963059.jpg

A presentation gold and enamel box with the Prince of Wales feathers (bottom) set in diamonds and a circular three-colour gold snuff-box (above, centre) have been stolen
A presentation gold and enamel box with the Prince of Wales feathers set in diamonds has also gone.

Burglars steal jewellery in raid on Cotswold castle where Liz Hurley got married | Daily Mail Online

o_O I feel the one person who deserves a lot of the credit, although he is quite often overlooked, is Prince Philip.
He clearly has a close relationship with the boys.
They both do seem to have a lot of respect for him & undoubtedly look up to him, at the same time very much at ease with him when seen together. Philip has even been caught laughing & joking, in public,:eek: with both of the boys many times.
wedding-family-friend-Edward-Van-Cutsem-November-2004.jpg

paired-up-again-Rugby-World-Cup-Final-following.jpg

princephilip06a.jpg

0977a1d755302f3013a83c892ac1e878--prince-philip-prince-harry.jpg

:DThat was nearly very embarrassing for Grandpa!’ says the watching William. ‘Grandpa is having more fun than anyone else. There is something about banks that all children just want to roll down. George is just the same.'
3367301D00000578-0-image-m-6_1461277286783.jpg
Grandpa was such a stud! :p Harry says: ‘Look how good-looking Grandpa is there! He’s an absolute stud! Those glasses, slicked back hair'

;)
Loads more private family pics & cine clips in the article found here

Man, 36, arrested after £5million solid gold toilet stolen from Blenheim Palace
;)- I hadn't seen this before ^ I posted above so doubtful to there being a connection? -

From the article;

Detective Inspector Steven Jones said: "We are continuing to investigate this incident and have made a second arrest in connection with it."

"Our priority is to locate the stolen item, :confused: and I would urge anyone with any information to contact police by calling 101.

"Anyone with information should quote reference number URN 273 (14/9)."

;)- I hadn't seen this before ^ I posted above so doubtful to there being a connection? -

From the article;

Detective Inspector Steven Jones said: "We are continuing to investigate this incident and have made a second arrest in connection with it."

"Our priority is to locate the stolen item, :confused: and I would urge anyone with any information to contact police by calling 101.

"Anyone with information should quote reference number URN 273 (14/9)."

It will probably be melted down by now unless the accused really liked it and planned to use it at home.

I wanted to respond to Keine Engle’s pictures. Thanks. So cute.:D

I cannot remember which post it was on here, but either Harry or William says how Philip has different views than the Queen. I wonder what that means
There's some great images there showing them just having fun as a 'family'

Here's a couple more :p

Queen's home movies that made Wills and Harry gasp: From a young Prince Philip off his trolley to Charles and Anne buried in the sand, the Queen's home videos that reveal intimate moments of the Royal family

Wherever she goes it is always at hand, the last thing to be packed away in her travelling bag and the first to be taken out. Ever since her father gave her a Box Brownie before World War II, a camera has been as indispensable a part of the Queen’s life as her famous handbag.

The ageing cine film was made available to the BBC for a remarkable family tribute shown last night, narrated by Prince Charles.

FOREIGN201604221619000173174089489.jpg
When the technology advanced, so, too, did the Queen, becoming a proficient user of the cine camera. And she has demonstrated an effortless knack of capturing her family at their most informal and most relaxed.
efcf8973e95f02d5758e9dbcf190cbe8.jpg
The BBC documentary is called Elizabeth At 90 — A Family Tribute..
3367320600000578-0-image-m-62_1461278717356.jpg
Charles and Anne dance in the dunes and then cover themselves in the sand
335CD49500000578-0-image-a-76_1461410992222.jpg
As Princess Anne says today: ‘I wonder if you would get away with burying your children nowadays? :p
ooops-jpg.204864
Off his trolley: Prince Philip joins his children racing down the hill at Balmoral . . . and almost flashes more than just his underwear when he falls off...

Harry provides possibly one of the best lines from the entire documentary when he exclaims on seeing his grandfather, Prince Philip, playing with a young Charles: ‘Look how good-looking Grandpa is there! He’s an absolute stud! Those glasses, slicked-back hair . . . presumably he was in the Navy then?’

Queen's home movies that made Wills and Harry gasp

;) Elizabeth At 90 — A Family Tribute (2016)
Full documentary

Attachments

• Ooops!.jpg
    Ooops!.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online