GA - Brentley Gore, 3, beaten to death, Villa Rica, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

I see nothing new since his bond was granted on 6/7/18, that's in Carrol County.

Anyone find a good Meriwether County court site?

TIA!

Where is Meriwether County coming from? Villa Rica is Carroll County. I saw Newnan mentioned...that's Coweta County. I have not been following this case so forgive me. I just stumbled over here because I realized these parents and I share mutual friends on social media.

FlossyMay - from my notes - on 6/4/18 update: Case transferred - trial moved from Carroll County to Meriwether County.
Maybe they are keeping him in Carroll County until trial then?
They have no updates in Carroll County except as I said above since the 6/7/18 bond reduction was granted. No bond to $200K.

Too bad that link you just gave doesn't have his next court date! I can get into this link! :)

Anyone get into the Carroll County court site? Any new court dates?

TIA!

I found a site where I can look up the calendar day-by-day - so adding this to "that" list of mine.
Still shows up in Carroll jail. Nothing on Carroll County court site. This is Meriwether County I'll be checking.

If anyone else wants to try - case # is SUWA2018-000121 and please "tag" me if you find anything! TIA! :)

Is this the same Joshua Richards of this case? All I can read is this:

Joshua Richards. Facebook · Twitter · Email; Print; Save. OZARK – A Dale County jury returned a guilty verdict after deliberating roughly two hours in ...

Jury returns guilty verdict for Ozark man charged with attempted murder

Can someone give a 10% synopsis on this please? :) And if there is a sentencing date - that would be great too! :D

TIA!

editing to add.... maybe not, as it says Dale County. I have Meriwether County....

Is this the same Joshua Richards of this case? All I can read is this:

Joshua Richards. Facebook · Twitter · Email; Print; Save. OZARK – A Dale County jury returned a guilty verdict after deliberating roughly two hours in ...

Jury returns guilty verdict for Ozark man charged with attempted murder

Can someone give a 10% synopsis on this please? :) And if there is a sentencing date - that would be great too! :D

TIA!

editing to add.... maybe not, as it says Dale County. I have Meriwether County....
That's a different dude.

Bumping up for little Brentley!

Hoping someone can check the court site, as I'm not finding anything on this dude.

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @FlossyMay

No access to this court site.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

Here's what I have:
Wednesday, May 23rd:

*Motion for Bond Hearing - GA - Brentley James Gore (3) (Jan. 23, 2018, Villa Rica) - *Joshua David Richards (21) step-dad (son of police chief) charged (1/23/18) with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, 1st degree cruelty to children & possession of marijuana. Pled not guilty. No bond but granted (6/7/18) to $200K; was on suicide watch.
Motion for bond hearing moved from 3/12, 4/10 to 4/19 to today 5/23. 5/23/18: The Judge ordered a $200,000 property or cash bond, with conditions stating that "Richards shall not have contact with his wife, shall be on house arrest until, or if, he takes up employment, he will only be allowed to work and be back home with the occasion of buying groceries.”

6/1/18 Update: Judge Blackmon recused reassigned to J.J. Simpson (5/31/18)
6/4/18 Update: Case transferred - Trial moved from Carroll County to Meriwether County on 6/4/18.
6/7/18: Bond granted @ $200K; added to Peach Court.

** Not in Carroll Cnty/In Coweta Cnty Sheriff’s office. No update as of 9/29 on court site. Ck day-by-day cal. Case# SUWA2018-000121 No update as of 11/4

Bumping up again for Brentley! :)

@FlossyMay - can you see if there are any court dates, please?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

I see that FlossyMay hasn't been here since the 11th - so will call on
@cybervampira - ?? :D

FlossyMay linked to this which I can't access.
Looks like the jail roster. No court dates...

http://www.interopweb.com/Carroll/
Name: RICHARDS, JOSHUA DAVID Status: CURRENTLY BOOKED
Sex: M Height: 603 Weight: 135
Address: 801 HICKORY LEVEL RD APT. 2114, VILLA RICA, GA
Arrest Date: 01/23/2018 -- VILLA RICA PD Days In Jail: 369 Total Bond: 200000.00
Warrant#
Counts
Statute
Description
M/F
Court
266857 1 16-5-21 AGGRAVATED ASSAULT F SUPERIOR COURT
266855 1 16-5-24 AGGRAVATED BATTERY F SUPERIOR COURT
266858 1 16-5-70 CRUELTY TO CHILDREN F SUPERIOR COURT
266856 1 16-13-2(B) MISD VGCSA-MARIJUANA-MISDEMEANOR -POSSESS LESS THAN 1 OZ. M SUPERIOR COURT
266959 1 16-5-1 MURDER F SUPERIOR COURT

Bringing this over from another thread posted by YESorNO:

Georgia police chief's son, 21, weeps in court as he's charged with murder for 'beating his three-year-old stepson to death with a BELT'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-stepson.html

"Joshua Richards, 21, charged with murder in beating death of three-year-old Brentley Gore

Brentley died of severe head trauma on Sunday, just days after suffering a beating as his mother slept in another room.

Richards' attorney alleged the toddler's death resulted from an accidental fall

Richards works for a home security company and is the son of the Carrollton, Georgia, chief of police

Richards and Brentley's mother have been married for only eight months; the woman is two months pregnant with their first child together...."

My bold above - as I said on the other thread - if this little boy was being beaten with a BELT (!!!) I would believe he would be screaming bloody murder, and the "mother" stays asleep??? I'm not buying this story....

:candle: RIP Brentley

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the whole "mom was asleep in the other room" story, either. The attack had to be brutal and this child would have been crying out in severe pain. I have a 2 and a 4 year old and if I even hear them raise their voices while I am in another room I hear them and that's in a two story home as well. Hypothetically, if their dad or my mom was watching them while I slept (which are the only 2 people permitted to ever watch them in the first place) and I heard even the smallest noise I would be awake. It is programmed in me from when they were babies. If they made any noise I was immediately awake and I'm still like that. Regardless, say she is a heavy sleeper, any one should have been able to hear that little baby during that. Unless she was literally knocked out on something... Idk. JMO

If you read his “explanation” the poor child was sick and vomited in his bed. I too believe he would have been crying for his Mommy. But instead, Richards literally throws him in a cold bath, throws him around the bathroom, pulls the towel out from under him...and ears him fall off a sink.

Oh yes, the baby was also covered in injuries directly matched to Richards belt.

Could this crime have ever been louder or more heinous? But Mom never woke uptil next day and didn’t check on him till late morning.

Richards also did computer searches abut head injuries.

Georgia police chief's son pleads guilty to murdering 3-year-old, gets 25 years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back