GA - Brentley Gore, 3, beaten to death, Villa Rica, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

The poor child has been buried now...this story will be forgotten in the news. The pictures of Brentley holding his killers hand...thin little arms and legs...how many times he must have hit him and with such force to cause such injuries. There wasn’t much strength or girth in this Little Guy. At some point, as the poster above indicates, this beating became about pleasure.

The Killers FB is filled with expressions of love for Brentley but most of all, adoration for his Mother. Josh, the stepfather, appears to be the only wage earner...working for a small security company...yet there was an engagement ring, professional engagement photos, an apartment where a one bedroom cost minimum almost $1000 a month. They had just learned another baby was on the way. Was there financial pressure? The Stepfather seems besotted with his savior-“hottie”-wife.

I wonder about custody arrangements. Did Ramsie always have custody or was this a new arrangement? Was Brentley “fun” when they just had him for weekends...or a grandparent was around to care for him? Were they trying to sleep and the child wouldn’t settle down and she told her adoring husband to handle it. Which he did...and then there was silence.

And they just lazily slept in till 10AM...Mom not even curious or checking on him.

Well, the child is dead and we know very little. But the families know. They know the characters, the past lifestyles, the temperaments, the parenting abilities...they know this Mother and Stepfather intimately. I believe they will see that there is justice for little Brentley.

It does seem odd that he was not checked on until 10 am. Or maybe that is his normal wake up time? Which brings up more questions for me...

:bump: up for Brentley!

:rose:

Well, :bump: ing again....

Anyone??

Yep, abuse rarely occurs in a vacuum. IMO when an abuser finally kills a child it isn't because they "snapped" out of the blue or "accidentally" disciplined too severely, it's because the abuser had gotten comfortable with hurting the child and no longer fears any consequence.

I'm saying this badly but what I mean is that an abuser knows the power he/she wields and when no one objects or stops them they keep pushing and escalating the abuse - because the truth is they enjoy it. And they will not stop until the child is hospitalized or murdered.

All MOO.

I do NOT believe the mother saw this occurring. I say that because as a mother I can NOT IMAGINE for one second not stopping a beating like this, even if I laid down my life.

I do NOT believe the mother saw this occurring. I say that because as a mother I can NOT IMAGINE for one second not stopping a beating like this, even if I laid down my life.

But not all mothers are good moms like you. Just look around WS, you’ll find plenty of mothers who are abusive and/or compliant to abuse of their children.

Okay - I've been looking for Joshua under Meriwether County, but he is under Carroll County.

Next hearing is a Motion for Bond on April 10th.

Okay - I've been looking for Joshua under Meriwether County, but he is under Carroll County.

Next hearing is a Motion for Bond on April 10th.

Can I just say how much I appreciate all you do Niner!!! You keep us up to date with the latest and greatest trials. This helps me because I get so emotionally involved when these cases break. It’s nice to see justice for those victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Presley! Since I follow all these trials and need to remember "when" each is going on - why not share with all those who are following! :D

Tuesday, April 10th:
*Motion for Bond Hearing - GA - Brentley Gore (3) (Jan. 23, 2018) - Joshua David Richards (21) step-dad (son of police chief) charged with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, 1st degree cruelty to children & possession of marijuana. Pled not guilty. No bond, on suicide watch. Trial will be heard in Meriwether County, instead of Carroll County.

Anyone "see" any updates on this? Did he get his bond reduced? Well, not reduced, as I have "no bond".

TIA! :wave:

I see on the court site he had another Motion for Bond hearing on April 19th, but nothing else in the future for dates....

:waiting:

On the court site they have listed:

Leave of Absence - Filing date 4/30/18

Anyone know "what" this means?? You have a LOA from prison?? :thinking:

I don't know what it means Niner. Did he get bond? Maybe his father pulled some strings?

Little Brentley was so cute! It breaks my heart to think what he endured.

Regarding the mother, is it possible she was not well and maybe took something to help her sleep, which is why she didn't hear anything and woke up late?

Or they were both smoking marijuana (I know she is pregnant but maybe she smoked anyway, or ingested it) and that's why she slept soundly and until 10 am?

A new entry on the court on 5/9/18, which I can't copy/paste:

Setting Hearing on Def. MT for Bond 5/23/18 in Newnan, GA.

Is that still Carroll County or Meriwether County where the trial was moved?

TIA!

Since we will be shutdown on the 23rd, I shall post this now:

Wednesday, May 23rd:
*Motion for Bond Hearing - GA - Brentley Gore (3) (Jan. 23, 2018) - Joshua David Richards (21) step-dad (son of police chief) indicted (1/23/18) with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, 1st degree cruelty to children & possession of marijuana (less than 1 oz.). Plead not guilty. No bond, was on suicide watch. Trial will be heard in Meriwether County, instead of Carroll County.
Bond hearing moved from 3/12, to 4/10, to 4/19, to today 5/23.

Richards awarded $200K bond
Richards awarded $200K bond

Joshua Richards, who was charged in January for aggravated assault, aggravated battery, first-degree cruelty to children, and possession of marijuana, was given a bond on $200,000 Wednesday by Flint Judicial Circuit Judge Arch McGarity.
[.....]
Richards was scheduled to have a preliminary hearing March 2, before the case was assigned to Meriwether County Office. Pilgrim had a motion filed for Richards to set a date for a bond hearing due to that fact that Richards has not be indicted and has been in jail for 119 days.

“This hearing is not an issue whether Richards is entitled to a bond,” McGarity said. “But to the amount of bond.”

Pilgrim told McGarity that Richards was not a flight risk, not a harm to himself or others and not a risk to re-offend.
[.....]
The state told McGarity that they found a $100,000 bond would not be adequate and that they were asking for $500,000 bond for Richards. The state had Ramsey Richards testify for the court in which she confirmed that she did not feel safe.
[.....]
The judge ordered a $200,000 property or cash bond, with conditions stating that "Richards shall not have contact with his wife, shall be on house arrest until, or if, he takes up employment, he will only be allowed to work and be back home with the occasion of buying groceries.”

Nothing on the court site for next hearing....

I don't have anything useful to say, but thank you for the continued updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back