GA - Brentley Gore, 3, beaten to death, Villa Rica, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Autopsy results pending for 3-year-old allegedly beaten by stepfather
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...dly-beaten-stepfather/ihtAamSuH3DZ6c8FIHW6GP/

The autopsy has been completed on the 3-year-old boy allegedly beaten by his stepfather, according to the Carroll County coroner. But boy’s cause of death may not be known for several weeks while the GBI awaits additional test results, Coroner Keith Hancock said.

We all know Brentley wasn't dropped. I wonder what all happened to him in the time he lived with Josh.

I know fb only shows the good but these people seem so normal. Whatever normal is. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t imagine how a Mother could see what she saw, the way her baby was beaten...and still go on FB to defend the man who supposedly inflicted all that pain and injury! This is another reason why this story does not make sense.

His FB shows a young man besotted with this woman. Yet he would risk losing her by taking a belt to her baby if that would upset her? I fear this child was beaten with a belt regularly.

I hope the police do a thorough job of investigating what went on in that home. There is another baby on the way and it’s imperative to know if that child will be in a safe enviorment...even if stepfather is in prison.

I can’t imagine how a Mother could see what she saw, the way her baby was beaten...and still go on FB to defend the man who supposedly inflicted all that pain and injury! This is another reason why this story does not make sense.

His FB shows a young man besotted with this woman. Yet he would risk losing her by taking a belt to her baby if that would upset her? I fear this child was beaten with a belt regularly.

I hope the police do a thorough job of investigating what went on in that home. There is another baby on the way and it’s imperative to know if that child will be in a safe enviorment...even if stepfather is in prison.
I agree I can't imagine defending someone who had killed my child. When my sister was a toddler my Mom was at work and my Dad was watching us, he was on his phone and not paying attention and my sister climbed up and burnt herself badly on a teapot on the stove. When my Mom got to the hospital they sent a security guard in the room with my parents because my Mom was so furious at my Dad. Obviously she knew he hadn't hurt her on purpose but she was so angry that his negligence led to get getting hurt. That's how any parent should react if someone hurts their child.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The news reports stated the police believe that this baby was beaten in the night while his Mother was sleeping. Why does a little toddler wake up in the night? He’s sick, or he’s scared,or he wants his Mommy. For this he received multiple skull fractures and a body covered with bruises.

Why was-his stepfatherso angry? Why did his Mother hear nothing? No one checks 9n him till 10AM?

This story just rips me up. That poor helpless baby. Beaten to death for wanting a little love or comfort.

Yep, abuse rarely occurs in a vacuum. IMO when an abuser finally kills a child it isn't because they "snapped" out of the blue or "accidentally" disciplined too severely, it's because the abuser had gotten comfortable with hurting the child and no longer fears any consequence.

I'm saying this badly but what I mean is that an abuser knows the power he/she wields and when no one objects or stops them they keep pushing and escalating the abuse - because the truth is they enjoy it. And they will not stop until the child is hospitalized or murdered.

All MOO.

The news reports stated the police believe that this baby was beaten in the night while his Mother was sleeping. Why does a little toddler wake up in the night? He’s sick, or he’s scared,or he wants his Mommy. For this he received multiple skull fractures and a body covered with bruises.

Why was-his stepfatherso angry? Why did his Mother hear nothing? No one checks 9n him till 10AM?

This story just rips me up. That poor helpless baby. Beaten to death for wanting a little love or comfort.

But often in these cases the mother is at work and the stepdad is home alone with the child. I always figured that the male couldn't cope with a child crying, interrupting them as they watch TV or whatever, and the male snaps in anger. But I would have also thought it would be a very noisy process of the child crying and screaming, and the male shouting at the child. And this sounds very violent.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is if the mom's at home he can walk away? Or she would likely care for the child and calm down the child in another room.

So if the little boy was crying for some reason, why not wake the mom and tell her he couldn't stand it and take out his anger/annoyance on telling her to go quieten the child?

Have they said where this guy was when the mom woke up and found her son? Where was he arrested?

Is there any chance Brentley could have been moved before morning? If he'd got up out of bed and the stepdad had found him, then maybe I can see the stepdad deciding to solo on meting out 'punishment'?

The poor child has been buried now...this story will be forgotten in the news. The pictures of Brentley holding his killers hand...thin little arms and legs...how many times he must have hit him and with such force to cause such injuries. There wasn’t much strength or girth in this Little Guy. At some point, as the poster above indicates, this beating became about pleasure.

The Killers FB is filled with expressions of love for Brentley but most of all, adoration for his Mother. Josh, the stepfather, appears to be the only wage earner...working for a small security company...yet there was an engagement ring, professional engagement photos, an apartment where a one bedroom cost minimum almost $1000 a month. They had just learned another baby was on the way. Was there financial pressure? The Stepfather seems besotted with his savior-“hottie”-wife.

I wonder about custody arrangements. Did Ramsie always have custody or was this a new arrangement? Was Brentley “fun” when they just had him for weekends...or a grandparent was around to care for him? Were they trying to sleep and the child wouldn’t settle down and she told her adoring husband to handle it. Which he did...and then there was silence.

And they just lazily slept in till 10AM...Mom not even curious or checking on him.

Well, the child is dead and we know very little. But the families know. They know the characters, the past lifestyles, the temperaments, the parenting abilities...they know this Mother and Stepfather intimately. I believe they will see that there is justice for little Brentley.

Yes, the 10 am time is very odd. My 3 yr old grand daughter would never sleep in that late. I can't imagine my daughter in law not looking in on her before 10 am. Hmmmm.....I wonder what else was going on that morning?

The stepfather looks sullen and defiant in his mugshot soon after the murder...yet a few days later,..is sobbing and bawling in court. I wonder if there was a drug component to this story...and not marijuana...but something like meth.

Another curious detail. The stepfather has a sister who was born disabled with birth defects. He posts very lovingly about her also. One would think, from reading his posts, that he had a tenderness for the vulnerable. But someone in that apartment had no mercy that night.

Friday, March 2nd:
*Prelim Hearing - GA - Brentley Gore (3) (Jan. 23, 2018) - Joshua Richards (21) step-dad (son of police chief) charged with murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, 1st degree cruelty to children & possession of marijuana. No bond, on suicide watch.

Anyone know "what" happened at the hearing?

TIA! :wave:

JUSTICE for BRENTLEY! :rose:

Tried to get into court dockets for Meriwether County, but I'm getting blocked!!

Anyone??

TIA!

I think it's possible the belt was used to silence him during the beating.
Or, the initial blow knocked him out. I'm going to hope for that.
Something seems off about this... I guess I'll see how it plays out.

I think it's possible the belt was used to silence him during the beating.
Or, the initial blow knocked him out. I'm going to hope for that.
Something seems off about this... I guess I'll see how it plays out.

Something seems “off” to me too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back