Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Abby and Libby went to the park and bridge because it was a nice place for them to spend an afternoon enjoying the open air, nature and scenery. They were good friends. They were having fun talking, goofing off and taking pictures. I wish LE would have released some other pictures they happened to take which would show this.

Something must have happened on the bridge that alarmed the girls. Libby took a picture of Abby and they weren't alarmed then. They probably had seen other walkers on the path and bridge but weren't alarmed by them that we know of. BG was different. Maybe he had walked past them and then instead of going off the bridge like a normal walker, he turned around midstream and started back towards them which would have been out of the ordinary for Libby.

I don't believe it had anything to do with social media or anything illegal they could have seen. Does anyone see him holding a phone or showing a phone in his pocket? He looked like he didn't even have a phone. I don't think the girls had done anything to cause this.

I just believe they were two innocent girls who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

To me, Abby and Libby went to the park and bridge because it was a nice place for them to spend an afternoon enjoying the open air, nature and scenery. They were good friends. They were having fun talking, goofing off and taking pictures. I wish LE would have released some other pictures they happened to take which would show this.

Something must have happened on the bridge that alarmed the girls. Libby took a picture of Abby and they weren't alarmed then. They probably had seen other walkers on the path and bridge but weren't alarmed by them that we know of. BG was different. Maybe he had walked past them and then instead of going off the bridge like a normal walker, he turned around midstream and started back towards them which would have been out of the ordinary for Libby.

I don't believe it had anything to do with social media or anything illegal they could have seen. Does anyone see him holding a phone or showing a phone in his pocket? He looked like he didn't even have a phone. I don't think the girls had done anything to cause this.

I just believe they were two innocent girls who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Personally, I'm not sold on wrong place, wrong time but I won't rule it out. But, I like your speculation about his approach from the south end, passing them then doubling back behind them preventing them from going back. Maybe this is why LE say the reenactments are wrong. There is more audio we have not heard. For me, this makes me wonder how he got there? I am not convinced he was seen on the trails at all. I think he left by way of the cemetery. Not discounting that "witnesses" saw someone they perceived might be BG, but wasn't. I think the new sketch of YBG seen elsewhere doing something suspicious caught the other witness' attention and therefore felt compelled to come forward with what he/she saw.

Need to do some more thinking :cool:

Personally, I'm not sold on wrong place, wrong time but I won't rule it out. But, I like your speculation about his approach from the south end, passing them then doubling back behind them preventing them from going back. Maybe this is why LE say the reenactments are wrong. There is more audio we have not heard. For me, this makes me wonder how he got there? I am not convinced he was seen on the trails at all. I think he left by way of the cemetery. Not discounting that "witnesses" saw someone they perceived might be BG, but wasn't. I think the new sketch of YBG seen elsewhere doing something suspicious caught the other witness' attention and therefore felt compelled to come forward with what he/she saw.

I think LE stressing the new sketch so much means there's some reason they are at least pretty sure that's him. Who knows what though? Maybe something like someone acting suspicious was seen wearing something that was then found at or near the scene, maybe the girls ripped whatever it was off in the struggle assuming there was one and BG just panicked and left in case someone showed up. I dunno but i feel there must be something matching the evidence at the scene that made them do a 180 on the sketch because LE would never do that without compelling reason to do so IMO.

I wonder though, why someone would do illegal (sex) things in broad daylight in an area, which is known to be a place for crowds of teenager/druggies/hikers/walkers/hunters/collectors? Didn't he have a car? Couldn't he have waited for less daylight? (Too many appointments?)
I like the idea of the poor girls, having observed something, which would have crashed BG's reputation in certain circumstances. After all, that would be a real (evil) motive at least, which one could contemplate. Without this possibility (observing illegality), I can't imagine a motive (except: "not quite right in his head" - and this would be much too easy).

You know, I can add a thought to this wondering. In our county we have a gravel pond near an overpass on Interstate 65. Everyone calls it Boone's Pond. It is surrounded by trees and heavy foliage. It can not be seen from I65 as you travel. Anyway, as a kid we fished there often.
When I was in college a local dentist was arrested one afternoon for meeting up with an undercover policeman at this ponds outdoor bathroom for sex. It was brought to all of our attention that this bathroom was a hotspot for encounters. It was sad, because he was married with kids my age. I'd never take my kids there now to fish, as a couple of deaths have occurred relating to overdoses or fights.
So, yeah things do happen in daylight.

I wonder though, why someone would do illegal (sex) things in broad daylight in an area, which is known to be a place for crowds of teenager/druggies/hikers/walkers/hunters/collectors? Didn't he have a car? Couldn't he have waited for less daylight? (Too many appointments?)
I like the idea of the poor girls, having observed something, which would have crashed BG's reputation in certain circumstances. After all, that would be a real (evil) motive at least, which one could contemplate. Without this possibility (observing illegality), I can't imagine a motive (except: "not quite right in his head" - and this would be much too easy).

I agree with most of your post. Would point out though that most cases are "easy", not easy to solve just that they often have a straightforward solution. Even cases with weird details that go unsolved for a long time often end up simple sexually motivated crimes or whatever. When we follow weird cases for ages without resolution we naturally start thinking it's something "out there" but the majority of the time it's not, there's often just some roadblock preventing LE from solving it. Even in the really weird cases it's usually not something statistically weird because it's often someone they know that carried out the crime.

I'd also say sexually motivated is more likely than "not quite right in his head" although they aren't mutually exclusive of course.

I can't find the post, but way back at the beginning, I pulled up Google maps and searched for the site. Looking at an overview (satellite), I spotted the dirt lane going under the bridge and could see a short cut to the location where the remains were found across the creek. I think it was on this lane that he said "down the hill".

I did a Google walk on the hwy 625W at that far end of the bridge and found the dirt lane. It had a lot of grass and weeds growing up on it so you could tell it was not traveled on very much. It was located where it looked like a dead end but the highway made a right turn from there and dead ends further away. It looks like there are three farms in that area, but only one was accessed by the lane. I don't know which one was the "snowbird" neighbor. If he were to watch that lane, he could tell when traffic came in and out it. When you zoom in on the satellite view, you can see the lane and the bridge and how far away any of these farms actually are.

I think this is where he came and left from. I'm not sure he ever went to the cemetery or walked to where "the unknown" car was parked.

Since I can't seem to post maps or pictures in my posts, I'm providing a link and a copy of the link for those that can find stuff with lats/long degrees.

Google Maps
Google Maps

ETA Looks like both links went the same way. Just Zoom in to find the lane and bridge.

Last edited:
I think LE stressing the new sketch so much means there's some reason they are at least pretty sure that's him. Who knows what though? Maybe something like someone acting suspicious was seen wearing something that was then found at or near the scene, maybe the girls ripped whatever it was off in the struggle assuming there was one and BG just panicked and left in case someone showed up. I dunno but i feel there must be something matching the evidence at the scene that made them do a 180 on the sketch because LE would never do that without compelling reason to do so IMO.
I think this likely too because they actually said he left something behind (a hat or scarf?) and the reddish brown hair is one thing that did not change between OBG and NBG.

Do you think HLN just does what they want or do they have input from LE or possibly even encouraged by LE to air certain things like that sketch enhancement thing? I'm just wondering if HLN is just picking stuff up to air or if it is legitimately thought to be an accurate likeness so they wanted it out there?

-tried to find the link from HLN the other day but could not, they ran the video in which someone made the new sketch look real

nm, found it:

Is this what the Delphi killer looks like?

-tried to find the link from HLN the other day but could not, they ran the video in which someone made the new sketch look real

nm, found it:

I think it can't hurt to have people try things like the realistic digital drawing from the YBG sketch. The rendered image could look so real, the eye would become trained for *that actual person* and not watchful for certain matching features.

Recently I was thinking about this case and how BG's blurry bridge image never had an artist's treatment. How would the blurry BG potentially appear in sharp focus? It's surprising no one has tried.

Do you think HLN just does what they want or do they have input from LE or possibly even encouraged by LE to air certain things like that sketch enhancement thing? I'm just wondering if HLN is just picking stuff up to air or if it is legitimately thought to be an accurate likeness so they wanted it out there?

nm, found it:

Interesting. But what the retired FBI agent is saying about the photoshop image can also be said of the sketch. The photoshop image appears to be slightly different than the sketch, so I believe it demonstrates how we have to use some caution with sketches.

The gentleman DG encountered, early on when he was walking looking for the girls, that claimed while he didn't see the girls, he did note a couple under the bridge. I have wondered from the start if that was BG and the 2 girls...

I can't find the post, but way back at the beginning, I pulled up Google maps and searched for the site. Looking at an overview (satellite), I spotted the dirt lane going under the bridge and could see a short cut to the location where the remains were found across the creek. I think it was on this lane that he said "down the hill".

I did a Google walk on the hwy 625W at that far end of the bridge and found the dirt lane. It had a lot of grass and weeds growing up on it so you could tell it was not traveled on very much. It was located where it looked like a dead end but the highway made a right turn from there and dead ends further away. It looks like there are three farms in that area, but only one was accessed by the lane. I don't know which one was the "snowbird" neighbor. If he were to watch that lane, he could tell when traffic came in and out it. When you zoom in on the satellite view, you can see the lane and the bridge and how far away any of these farms actually are.

I think this is where he came and left from. I'm not sure he ever went to the cemetery or walked to where "the unknown" car was parked.

Since I can't seem to post maps or pictures in my posts, I'm providing a link and a copy of the link for those that can find stuff with lats/long degrees.

Google Maps
Google Maps

ETA Looks like both links went the same way. Just Zoom in to find the lane and bridge.
Thank you! I and others have also considered the laneway as a way in and out without being noticed.

BG, wasn't under the bridge with two girls, OMG, c'mon..

Think i should stop posting here at this point there's always a line of absurdity that's close by in a case without a resolution and clearly to continue posting here i'd need to cross it which i'm not willing to do, good luck and i'll see you guys when he's caught!

Think i should stop posting here at this point there's always a line of absurdity that's close by in a case without a resolution and clearly to continue posting here i'd need to cross it which i'm not willing to do, good luck and i'll see you guys when he's caught!
Sorry, could you explain your post? Why is it absurd? I'm not following, really.

ETA: I see now you were responding to someone else's post. But still, we don't like to insult one another. Just scroll and roll if you don't like a post :)

Why is that not possible? I don't follow you. BG said "guys.......down the hill" so what is down the hill? The underneath of the bridge.

-local
-coward
-hiding in plain sight
-wants to be in control
-wants to know what LE knows
-didn't think they would change it up

who is bg?
Yes, who indeed?? I don't get the impression from those statements that DC was referring to some random SK that popped in from out of state because that's pretty much where they were focused for the first two plus years. This is someone up close and personal.

I listened to this interview again from WISH TV, done two weeks post PC. Although DC confuses me at times, I got the impression he's confident they've got something solid they're working on. I really do hope so because there are days I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus