Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been stated by anyone PS's overall health before there is a rush to judgement?
(quote)
The early signs of dementia are very subtle and may not be immediately obvious.
Early symptoms also vary a great deal.

Usually though, people first seem to notice that there is a problem with memory, particularly in remembering recent events.

Memory loss that affects day-to-day function

It's normal to occasionally forget appointments or a friend's phone number and remember them later.

A person with dementia may forget things more often and not remember them at all.

Difficulty performing familiar tasks

People can get distracted from time to time and they may forget to serve part of a meal.

A person with dementia may have trouble with all steps involved in preparing a meal.

Confusion about time and place

It's normal to forget the day of the week - for a moment.

But a person with dementia may have difficulty finding their way to a familiar place, or feel confused about where they are.
Dementia Australia | Warning signs of dementia

I'm not privvy to any of PS medical or otherwise diagnoses - I'm personally just hoping & praying for answers for a little boy's disappearance, and I'm so appreciative of the thoughts, opinions & deep dive investigations of our team in what I see as being on a united journey.

Who knows anything about anyone - if it was known, this aweful situation would be solved - imo !

But also IMO we need to be open to explore all scenarios - only in honesty & openess will truth prevail

Yes PS health status is an unknown factor.
He was intending to go on a long road trip and that seems a little risky to himself and others if he was experiencing memory loss. He could forget the road rules or where he was to turn up. imo

Was he genuinely fabricating memories to fill the memory gaps, or just telling known porkies?

To be fair to PS, memory loss can occur very quickly. .I often can't find my glasses when they're on my head !! ..
More seriously, I'd cite my dear Aunt - within 4 mths needing to be in care with dementia ; a neighbour one day drove off as normal on an errand & became totally disorientated & within no time needed to be in Care. ..

PS seems far from that but a his age I can certainly appreciate a disconnect from what happened 5 years ago ... alternatively I'd think he surely would've revisited that statement ( do they get a copy ?)

For what it's worth, my gut doesn't say it's PS - however he may know something / for that matter he may not even know that he knows something ( re Jubes recording )

Just all my own thoughts & opinions and thanks for sharing your's

Things like when PS was asked if he knew if the FGM had grandchildren & he replied I'm not sure & GJ just shook his head.

And when PS was asked if he heard the children playing after he returned from his walk & he was on his front verandah having tea & toast & he said he assumed they were from Ellendale or the FGM's ( from his statement) & than he was asked if he he saw the children & he responded " I didn't see them at all actually"...........lots of sigh's from GJ

Many more that I can't re-call atm......
Perhaps considering this : The day William Tyrrell vanished

Off topic. Apologies to interrupt some really good discussion.Here is another example of suppression inadvertently protecting a convicted rapist.

Absolutely horrific. And an amazing young lady standing up to her perpetrator.

Camouflaged rapist dragged child victim into bush in 'hideous' attack

NSW District Court judge David Wilson on Friday told the man - a father-of-three who cannot be named for legal reasons - to open his eyes as he sat in the dock listening to the girl read our her victim impact statement.
He said he might be embarrassed and ashamed but had to face the reality of his "hideous offending".

Hallelujah to Judge David Wilson. .. IMO this 'cannot be named' is misplaced. ..

Things like when PS was asked if he knew if the FGM had grandchildren & he replied I'm not sure & GJ just shook his head.

And when PS was asked if he heard the children playing after he returned from his walk & he was on his front verandah having tea & toast & he said he assumed they were from Ellendale or the FGM's ( from his statement) & than he was asked if he he saw the children & he responded " I didn't see them at all actually"...........lots of sigh's from GJ

BBM: We'll probably find out later on that he actually waved to or spoke with the FM and the kids when he went for his morning walk or something.

I’m responding to slouth here, sorry to jump on your post. Where is it said PS has not had tests etc relating to dementia ?
It wasn’t announced by the Coroner or his Barrister that he had been tested especially when
Mr Craddock was asking about his memory problems...... if he had of already had the tests im sure his Barrister would have objected ...
But it’s purely speculation and as I said JMO ..

Reference here...
Gerard Craddock SC tells the court checking the drains was “not a detail he gave police” during his interviews. “Is your memory a bit cloudy as to some of these aspects now?” he asked. Mr Savage said yes. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Are you saying that PS answered during the inquest that he wasn't sure if FGM had grandchildren, even though he also said during the inquest that he had met them before and watched W follow FD around and surmised they had a good relationship??

Sorry Cleaver Greene, more questions if you don't mind?
Is it possible that applications were made for witnesses beforehand? For example someone who it is believed will only speak if they are certain that someone else will not hear what they say or perhaps not even know who they are? Perhaps in the case of someone who is very afraid of giving evidence about someone they know for fear of their life or that of their family?
Also, just out of interest, we know there were a couple of people on the witness list who appeared under false names. How well can the court actually protect them from anyone knowing who they are? How likely are you to bump into someone that knows you or a journalist in a court situation?

An informant would give evidence in a closed court. You can see by the Lawyer X Royal Commission the lengths police to to to protect their informers.

Courts can only do so much to protect the identity of informants. There is always a risk of the informant bumping into someone they know at court. But if there is a suppression order over the name, then it’s an offence for anyone to disclose that persons name. If someone is a police informant, then it’s the job of police to protect that person from having their identity disclosed. That would likely include not having them come in the main entrance or walking around the courthouse.

Last edited:
And initially LE thought William wandered away because of the very extensive searches around the house and in bushland.
A child who was previously not inclined to wander can actually do so. It happens. And LE had to take that into consideration just in case IMO.

As a dummie myself, I found this rather interesting :

Forensics: Profiling the Perpetrator - dummies

As I read, I wondered if Laura B is also a psycologist ?
Also wondered about what led to HER being given the posting to William's investigation relatively early (2015 now seems early in the scheme of things !) the fact she has a background in child sex crimes & apparently ? Criminal profiling

I have looked into Laura Beacroft a little more. As well as working in the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad before joining William's case, and as well as being a police forensic profiler, in 2012 she worked with the Australian Institute of Criminology as Research Manager for the Trafficking in Persons Research Program.

This link can be input and a pdf file will open:
zx7.JPG

Also referenced here in this article about 'human trafficking and slavery offenders in Australia'
Human trafficking and slavery offenders in Australia

When did KC say AJ said he was going to fuel up the car and join the search?
Which car?
I guess I am wondering how that household heard William was missing.
Can you elaborate/provide a link or something about what you are talking about here? I have no recollection of AJ being said to go and fuel up his car and join the search - do you mean on the day W disappeared? That just about made me fall off my chair! TIA!

BBM: We'll probably find out later on that he actually waved to or spoke with the FM and the kids when he went for his morning walk or something.

I think that’s likely. IMO, the timelines of when PS returned from his walk and had breakfast on the porch would have lined up closely with the time that William and his sister were riding their bikes on the driveway.

I think that’s likely. IMO, the timelines of when PS returned from his walk and had breakfast on the porch would have lined up closely with the time that William and his sister were riding their bikes on the driveway.

Yes, it is hard to imagine that he was out and about, and the FF were out and about at FGM's house, that he did not see the children running around the house playing chasey, riding bike in the driveway, laughing and roaring - and he was not aware that they were there.

I thought the kids were said to have been riding their bikes in the driveway at 9am, just after FD left?

I wonder why Laura Beacroft was challenging Savage on Heather's activities that morning? Where the heck was Heather? And when?

In the video, Sergeant Beacroft also challenges Mr Savage about his memory of his late wife Heather talking on the phone with their daughter.

“Just to let you know our records show there was no phone call that morning between Heather and [the daughter] … on the mobile or landline,” Sergeant Beacroft tells Mr Savage.

Asked whether he specifically remembered the phone call, Mr Savage said he remembered his daughter had told him she was talking to “Mum” on the morning toddler William Tyrrell disappeared.

William Tyrrell neighbour spent hours on walk-through with police

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads