GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.

You are wrong. Texas law is very clear about this. The defendant admitted under oath to the requirements to support this charge. SHE told her story. HER story was murder. You can not like it all you want, but the law is clear and the jury agreed.

Sorry you're not pleased, but you are wrong.

The jury was instructed by Kemp that they should first consider the murder charge and that if they did not find Guyger guilty of that charge they could consider the included offense of manslaughter. Kemp added that if members of the jury were torn on whether they should find Guyger guilty of murder or manslaughter, they should have resolved that conflict in the defendant's favor by finding her guilty of the lesser charge.

The red "jury call" light illuminated shortly after deliberations resumed Tuesday, indicating the jury sought attention from the court.
Jury Call Light
Amber Guyger Found Guilty of Murder of Botham Jean

the interview with Jean supporters at courthouse indicated they plan a "celebration" tonight on the steps...I am not sure that is a good idea and I assume that the jury could see this depending on timing...I also did not like all the clapping...I did not hear Judge Tammy give any strong warning before the verdict was read. This can impact remaining decisions of the jury. If I were AG's attorneys...I would be addressing this and getting things under better control. AG has been now made a poster child for all the sins of the Dallas PD...I do understand that her family probably sees it that way.

The jury was already gone when they were very emotional.

I will absolutely reserve my judgement on their reaction now and in the future, as my child has never been executed by another human being.

I'm not sure when the jury leaves or where from, but I am positive they will be shielded from the public.

She was emotional when a witness cried for Bo too.

I imagine the jury feels much the same way about this case. This would be a very difficult case to hear all the way around. In my experience with juries on death cases, they do what they think is right but there is no joy in reaching any verdict. The facts and people still haunt them. I believe many who had to stoically listen (like judge and jury) were greatly impacted by sitting on this case. It is trauma all the way around.

there has been much talk about judge tammy being heavily supported by Dallas police...I assume then she has many friends on the force. This is a blow to all of them. I am sure the union was paying for her defense.

Hmm. How is it a blow do you think? She wasn't working at the time and did not follow police procedure. Many cops decry what she did.

As to the judge, I've said before. I think she was fair. Even handed. She didn't allow the case to be transferred out of Dallas. She did allow consideration of the Castle Doctrine.

But the law in TX clearly provides for these charges. I would be horrified if she wasn't charged at all.

She had a defense but the jury rejected it.

To not charge someone for anything at all after they break into another person's Castle and execute them because they were unreasonably distracted despite training and the responsibility that comes with carrying a loaded weapon- that would be an insane travesty. How would you feel if it was your son killed like that?
SOME people, you mean. I am "people" and I am horrified this was ever charged as a murder given all the case law, precedents and judicial opinions. I would have been pleased with no criminal charges and leave the case in the civil court for wrongful death. The murder charge was totally political and nothing in the presented prosecution case supports it IMO. All MOO.
go back and look at her social media it could have very well been any of us, she was locked and loaded and in her own words in her meme's " just waiting to shoot someone"

I imagine the jury feels much the same way about this case. This would be a very difficult case to hear all the way around. In my experience with juries on death cases, they do what they think is right but there is no joy in reaching any verdict. The facts and people still haunt them. I believe many who had to stoically listen (like judge and jury) were greatly impacted by sitting on this case. It is trauma all the way around.

Agreed.

The jury was already gone when they were very emotional.

I will absolutely reserve my judgement on their reaction now and in the future, as my child has never been executed by another human being.
their reaction was normal...however in any courtroom I have seen a verdict like this a strong warning is put out for ZERO reaction and usually the audience complies. The jury clearly heard the reaction inside the courtroom and are I am certain aware their verdict is big news.

i saw that records from Royal Caribbean to view passenger lists. I never saw any CONFIRMATION that she was on one of their ships. Does anyone have such evidence. I think this may have been a rumor.
What difference does it make now? I'm sure the d.a. would have brought it up if true.

Sounds like the cruise could just be a rumor. I’d assume on bond she would have had to surrender her passport?? Most cruises you need them anyway. However she did receive more specialized treatment so who knows

Hmm. How is it a blow do you think? She wasn't working at the time and did not follow police procedure. Many cops decry what she did.

As to the judge, I've said before. I think she was fair. Even handed. She didn't allow the case to be transferred out of Dallas. She did allow consideration of the Castle Doctrine.
I think she was fair as well...no question. I don't live in Dallas but every commentator right now is says things like "this is justice for Trayvon" etc. so I do think it impacts more than just this courtroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa