Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I thought he might be holding that dingbat cowboy hat in that picture but, yes, definitely, a shaving kit is a strong possibility and I am sure they used public washrooms whenever they could on their route. They wanted to appear as "normal" and as unremarkable as possible in public after their 1st murders so as to avoid detection and any questionable attention. I still feel quite strongly that their trip to the Yukon was to throw everyone off any possible connection to the LF and CD murders and an effort to create a retroactive alibi that they were actually doing as they had told some of their family members, job hunting in the Yukon. Balderdash!

That truck would be lucky to do 90 and it would be top heavy with the camper on it's back.And probably got only 14 or 15 miles to the gallon without the camper and maybe only 6 to 8 mile with it.They could have been speeding but that would be only about 75 or 80 at the most and then if they took any turns that fast it's gonna roll.

Wasn't it a diesel engine? Yet there were burnt-out propane tanks photographed at the fire scene.

Another thing about speed - they were fleeing a murder scene so maybe they just wanted to get away as fast as possible. And put as much distance between them and the scene as possible.
Also, they probably figured out by then that police presence is minimal on the Hwy AND all resources were headed to the scene, so maybe they thought it was ok to risk it and speed?

Nothing screams 'police presence minimal' than seeing it take 4hours to arrive at a murder scene. Speeding'd be the least of their concerns, I should think.

Nothing screams 'police presence minimal' than seeing it take 4hours to arrive at a murder scene. Speeding'd be the least of their concerns, I should think.
And not to mention they took an hour to get to the burning car in Gilliam but expected those who witnessed the fire stay put. They could have apprehended those two a lot quicker if they got there quicker.

No time of deaths given yet for these two, and not going to be I suspect. It matters! It matters a lot if we are to accept the tale trotted out at the update, which ends with an hero raven spotter.

Forensics are supposedly having difficulties, we are informed. Yet, modern forensics and some classy critical thinking, can tell us what Otzi ate for his last supper, 5,000 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ötzi

Of course they can estimate a date of death, from insect activity and all. I know you guys have all watched Forensic Files before! Full autopsy report is forthcoming. From what I've heard, in Canada there's a huge backlog and this can take several months, as opposed to the few weeks it takes in the US.

RCMP say subjects of nationwide manhunt confessed to killing three people, planned to kill more | The Star

"The RCMP are still waiting on a coroner’s report for the exact date of death."

it took four hours because that's how far away they were from the crime scene - this has all been hashed out in previous threads

And not to mention they took an hour to get to the burning car in Gilliam but expected those who witnessed the fire stay put. They could have apprehended those two a lot quicker if they got there quicker.

They were said to buy two sets of gloves so guessing there was no fingerprints.

They bought the gloves after killing CD and LF. They could have been used for LD. IIRC the tags from the gloves were recovered but not the gloves (not sure where I read that part).

“On July 20, 2019, the initial responding Dease Lake RCMP officer seized a surveillance video from a local store in Dease Lake as the member recalled seeing McLeod’s truck in Dease Lake area on July 18, 2019. This is the only store in town that people could use to fuel up and would have been a probable stop for any travellers. The store video from July 18, 2019 at 3:10 p.m. showed McLeod and Schmegelsky purchasing various items including donut packages, a Coffee Crisp chocolate bar and two pairs of gloves.

Remnants of these items were recovered in two separate areas near the Dease Lake crime scene on July 22 and July 23, 2019. Furthermore, a damaged SIM card belonging to McLeod and his Walmart employee id card was located along with these remnants. Six scenes were identified over a 50 kilometer radius. (Refer to Dyck Homicide 2019-8152 Crime Scene Maps)“

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

They were said to buy two sets of gloves so guessing there was no fingerprints.

You think they were wearing gloves throughout, every time they touched their weapons? Creates a strange picture: Kam putting gloves on to shoot Bryer and himself.

I'm guessing there are plenty of fingerprints on the weapons. The question would be are anyone else's fingerprints on the weapons? Perhaps you are right, and they always remembered to find and use their gloves, even in the Manitoba wilderness, but I doubt it sincerely.

Interesting article today:
Quebec parents seek class action against makers of ‘addictive’ Fortnite game[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the article. I’ll be curious to see how far this lawsuit goes.

I work with kids ages 5 to 9 and many of them (all boys) talk constantly about this game, so much so that by Wednesday they can’t wait for school to be finished so they can spend all day playing Fortnite. Of course, I’m sure they’re not permitted to spend all of their time playing the game, but it’s certainly the main topic of their conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member