Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
An Australian man and his American girlfriend have died in suspicious circumstances in Canada, sparking fears they may have been murdered.

Lucas Fowler is reported to be the son of senior NSW police officer, Inspector Stephen Fowler. He was found dead alongside his girlfriend, North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, in British Columbia earlier this week sparking fears of foul play.

Chynna’s sister Kennedy Deese wrote they pair were “homicide victims along a remote stretch of highway in Canada while on a road trip.”

An older style blue mini-van the pair was believed to have been travelling was found at the scene.

Canadian police are looking for anyone who saw the vehicle or offered assistance. They’re also appealing for anyone that travelled the stretch of highway around the time of the discovery to come forward, according to a RCMP media release.

3a2787b59f5c65af6f791d5450ed875f

673a3c10aa32ec585e2f11501db9cf48

Australian man found dead in Canada

Media, Maps & Timeline thread

Initial thread on suspects McLeod and Schmegelsky (now closed)

The Rules (aka Terms of Service aka TOS)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15 -
Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15
Thread #16 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #16
Thread #17 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17
Thread #18 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #18
Thread #19 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20
Thread #20
Thead #21 - Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN WARNING:

Numerous posts discussing removed posts and moderation have been removed.

Please be aware that the above are violations of TOS that are subject to an automatic time out which can be either temporary or permanent.

It is reasonable to assume he realized he would only have one go at it. He couldn't afford to merely injure himself, hence, he sits, he measures the rifle against his arm and fingers and he settles in. It would be a real stretch of fantasy to imagine he is reflecting on 'life' … or guilt, or remorse, or regret , or sadness, or grief. The pragmatic thing. The abstract is not for the psychopath. Thinking of God ? no. No such of a thing .

You have to judge people by their lives, and sometimes , by their deaths, as well. Bryer and Kams chosen death, ( not something most 19 yr olds do, they are an aberration in that sense ) was distinctively lonely and asinine, outcasts, totally rejected by their own nation and a few others, judged as vile, useless and outrageously costly. None of this would have crossed their tiny predatory minds.

They were filling in time before they ended their lives with what they wanted most of out life. Killing strangers. …

Now, . .no one knows why that was their source of pleasure, of satisfaction but it was their chosen path and they intended to kill more, except they decided to opt out a bit early. And that is all, really.

There is nothing that even gives a nod that they were into reflection. About anything.

I agree, but when I said Kam could've had a moment of reflection, I didn't mean for his victims, their family, or his own family.. I think he just could of had a moment of reality where he thought about his own death, maybe about the best friend he just killed and what their plan was supposed to be, what they had wanted to achieve, but the failure they/he accomplished.... and he knew this was the end for him, so he could have been thinking of that as well.... Even "psychopaths" cry for themselves if no one else will. And "psychopaths" feel sorry for themselves when no one else can.. If he really was a psychopath he could easily have likely shed a tear for himself while having no remorse for anyone else.

I agree, but when I said Kam could've had a moment of reflection, I didn't mean for his victims, their family, or his own family.. I think he just could of had a moment of reality where he thought about his own death, maybe about the best friend he just killed and what their plan was supposed to be, what they had wanted to achieve, but the failure they/he accomplished.... and he knew this was the end for him, so he could have been thinking of that as well.... Even "psychopaths" cry for themselves if no one else will. And "psychopaths" feel sorry for themselves when no one else can.. If he really was a psychopath he could easily have likely shed a tear for himself while having no remorse for anyone else.

I hope it's normal but I've wondered too what the end was like.

I'm not sure psychopaths would ever feel sorry for themselves though since they think they have the world figured out.

I'm thinking more along the lines he shoots Bryer, sits back and thinks that was cool, okay...my turn. (That hurt to even type). Sorry.

I understand what you are saying, and I see what you mean. And what you said there would apply to Bryer, because he had Kam as an audience.

Even though he knew Kam would not be affected by his tears, they may have sprung forth anyways.

But Kam doesn't have a live audience. And a live audience is the requirement for tears from a psychopath. The more , the merrier.

Could be just K&B effing with police too...
I agree, its simple - start a fire - everyone rushes to the scene of the fire - meanwhile that buys time for the suspects to escape. It's a 'simple plan'. If they wanted to destroy the hard drives on their computers - they didn't need to set a truck on fire. They already had a lead on the first killings. The only other reason that makes sense is the guy they tried to get to in the Yukon, in driving and escape from them, they could not be confident he wouldn't report to police their truck/camper etc. Its unfortunate the guy didn't report that incident for another 3 or 4 days.

Thank you for posting that.

Happy Birthday Lucas Fowler!

I hope if any family is reading this board they know we haven't forgotten lives lost. LF, CD, and LD are forefront in my mind and will NEVER be forgotten. I will always remember the stories of the wonderful people they were because those stories touch my heart.

The conversation here will fade in my mind but the lives and accomplishments of the victims never will. Please know that.

This thread is not about Canadian sentencing laws, Ted Bundy, Bernardo, Dangerous Offender status etc. These issues don't apply in this case because the alleged perps are deceased?

Please stay on topic. Thanks.

It is a bit disturbing that making up nonsense claims about the prevalence of non violent psychopaths and it is a rather dangerous concept to try and float as concrete. Especially, when it is a self evident fact, that the people who knew them best, their parents , who even spoke to them after they were highly satisfied double murderers, and on the way to another, HAD NO CLUE. ..

What I am pointing out there, is, even after their sons had murdered, there was no way that those parents had of changing their mind that their sons were ' kind, caring' ' lost, young'. and so on. They were reporting that their psychopath son was non violent, you see? AND HOW WRONG WERE THEY, hmm? .

As fine a demonstration as to the total ignorance of tendencies that a psychopath can weave about themselves, at a very young age too.
Bang on Trooper! So very true

Have you noticed if any MSM released the full final report they were provided by the RCMP? I haven’t and the quantity of information released in media reports sure doesn’t seem consistent with a 13-page police report.

“A 13-page report released”....
Dead assailants recorded videos taking responsibility for three B.C. murders

No, but I keep checking.

At the top of the public report it says "This overview is a summary of the totality of the investigative findings." I'm beginning to wonder if the full report will ever be released because surely they would make an announcement in a press conference and they have stated that the last presser was the final one.

Last edited:
There is a rather banal show on Netflix that has a brilliant scene. A former priest is discussing the definition of heaven and hell. He muses that where a person "goes" is determined simply by how they are remembered.

These two, at best, leave their parents and close family members with a complete loss of the chance of peace and tranquility ever, ever again. Instead, their legacy is a cataclysmic, sickening series of events to remember them by. Mixed with love on the part of their parents and immediate family, I'm sure, but the memories will always be tainted and torturous.

The level of selfishness of these two is enough to choke a person who is trying to understand and digest it all. While the rest of us will eventually forget, their families will wake up to this horror every day for the rest of their lives.

Perhaps they hated themselves. Perhaps not. Life certainly didn't make sense to them the way it does for the rest of us. Even if psychopathy prevented them from emoting normally, they surely did not get any satisfaction out of life and the contemplation of their future.

For all of these reasons, these young men will surely go to hell if it does, indeed, exist in the eyes and memories of others.

Lucas, Chynna, and Leonard, on the other hand, are gently held in the heavenly way in which they are being honored and remembered. Their families' sadness will prevail, but they at least have the comfort of knowing these people were good, honest and admirable human beings who led - and would have continued to lead - valuable and lovely lives that contributed to society in a rich and contributory way.

I just wanted to take a moment to express my thoughts on this. I'd love to see Mr. Grennan start a Twitter "chain" so that people could join him in thinking kind thoughts as he traverses that fateful highway each week and stops at the spots where these precious lives were stolen.

Including link for those who do not know who Ed Grennan is.
The world knows Chynna Deese because of how she died. Now her family wants to make sure we remember how she lived.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. I haven't seen it. An Australian news report and it does show a quick appearance from AS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeFCKDbgB0

Good find CS. Churlish of me perhaps, to notice where Australians believe Hudson Bay to exist - @1:35min it presents a map showing it in Saskatchewan. Don't much like the reporter's cheeriness either, but that's today's news, in sound bites.

I hope it's normal but I've wondered too what the end was like.

I'm not sure psychopaths would ever feel sorry for themselves though since they think they have the world figured out.

I'm thinking more along the lines he shoots Bryer, sits back and thinks that was cool, okay...my turn. (That hurt to even type). Sorry.
I think this too ... plain and simple. :(

Interesting article about a father and his two adult sons' trip through Hudson Bay in a sailboat. It makes it obvious, through their log, how difficult it would be for two inexperienced mariners. The weather conditions, shallow water, water temps and storms/wind that come up quickly would be challenging to even the most experienced mariners. It's not a long article and talks about the Cree and Inuit communities along the Bay's shores and is very enlightening.

As far as hijacking a ship, the only port in Hudson Bay where Panamax (read: BIG) transoceanic vessels call is Churchill. Given that Hudson Bay is a compulsory sea pilot waterway, the idea of two teens (even armed) getting past all of the longshoremen and onto the ship and holding the pilot, Captain, officers, and crew at bay during a sea voyage are fantasies, at best. Even if they managed to both stay awake and continue holding a crew of about 20 people hostage for the entire voyage, there is the other end of the trip when a vessel has to get clearance into a port to dock and take a local pilot onboard to safely get them there, and more longshoremen are needed to tie the vessel up. The idea of doing all of this while evading detection or arrest is truly ludicrous.

If they knew one iota of what they were suggesting they would have realized it was pure fantasy to even think about it. None of this even takes into consideration the fact that the Bay is frozen and unnavigable for large AND small craft after early Autumn, so they wouldn't have had much time to "march there" and "hijack a boat".

https://www.sailmagazine.com/cruising/cruising-the-hudson-bay-canada

I know this has already been discussed, but I was poking around online looking for navigation data in Hudson Bay and thought this article was interesting.

Last edited:
"Almost as soon as the SKS was brought into service in 1949, it was rendered obsolete for Soviet purposes by the new AK-47, which was adopted by the Soviet military later that year. However, it found a long second life in the service of other Soviet-aligned countries, in particular the Chinese army, who found it well suited to their own style of warfare, the "People's War" whose main actors were highly mobile, self-reliant guerrilla bands and rural militias protecting their own villages. In the philosophy of "the People's War", the emphasis was on long-range sniping, spoiling attacks, and ambushes.
[...]
Many surplus SKS rifles were disposed of in the 1990s, and photographs and stories exist of SKS rifles used by guerrilla fighters in Bosnia, Somalia and throughout Africa and Southeast Asia during the 1990s and well into the 21st century. Several African, Asian, and Middle Eastern armies still use the SKS.
[...]
SKS carbines have also made appearances in recent conflicts in Africa, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Today, the SKS is in service with Cambodia, Laos, China, North Korea and Vietnam, as well as many other countries in Africa. SKS rifles have been seen in the hands of pro-Ukrainian forces in eastern Ukraine as of May 2014."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname