GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the other resident who said she was driving pretty fast in the parking garage?
Also creepo conveniently does not recollect the conversation, at all. I mean, how likely is it that your senior partner phones one at home to inquire about arrests? It's not like any drama occurred during the course of her duty...
That guy has to be fired!

I just read about this case a couple days ago and couldn't figure out how she was able to drive/walk to the wrong appartment, and shoot someone even if they were a burglar, but after reading your post it made sense.

I agree he should be fired.

REally bad news if accurate
Angela Blair on Twitter

here's the hashtag
lots of reports
Joshua Brown - Twitter Search
R.I.P.
edit
Killer at large after man shot at apartment complex near Dallas' Medical District
edit
his facebook page seems to confirm https://www.facebook.com/joshua.brown.712
Lee Merrit has just confirmed (last edit)
Lee Merritt, Esq.
18 mins · Joshua Brown, the next door neighbor of #BothamJean was killed last night after being shot several times by an unknown assailant. Local media have began reporting on the shooting but have not confirmed Brown’s identity. Because, Brown worked closely with prosecutors just a week ago to ensure Amber Guyger was properly convicted in the murder trial, the DA’s office has fairly direct contact with Brown and his family. An ADA has confirmed that it was in fact Brown who was killed
although they have yet to identify a suspect or motive for the shooting. The case is now in the hands of the Dallas Police Department. Brown’s testimony stood out as a fact witness who was approaching his apartment directly across from Botham Jean’s apartment when shots rang out. Brown was still visibly shaken up from the incident when he took the stand to testify on behalf of the prosecution. His murder underscores the reality of the black experience in America. A former athlete turned entrepreneur— Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence, either state sanctioned or otherwise. We have more work to do deal with the constant threats to our community both from within and without.
Lee Merritt, Esq.

This is tragic. Appalling.

I don't know about enraged, but that she might have been feeling pizzy is a reasonable guess. She & her partner had been texting /sexting throughout the day. She told him she was "super horny." She expected to get together with him that night. He couldn't, likely because of the he was already married thing.

Pizzy is (very) plausible, especially given how preoccupied she had to have been to miss all those cues she wasn't where she was supposed to be.

I wonder if the witness/neighbor, Marc Lipscomb, mistakenly went in the wrong apartment as a result of preoccupation from being pizzed. How about the others that mistakenly went to the wrong apartment.

Angela Blair on Twitter

here's the hashtag
lots of reports
R.I.P.
edit
Killer at large after man shot at apartment complex near Dallas' Medical District
edit
Lee Merritt, Esq.
18 mins · Joshua Brown, the next door neighbor of #BothamJean was killed last night after being shot several times by an unknown assailant. Local media have began reporting on the shooting but have not confirmed Brown’s identity. Because, Brown worked closely with prosecutors just a week ago to ensure Amber Guyger was properly convicted in the murder trial, the DA’s office has fairly direct contact with Brown and his family. An ADA has confirmed that it was in fact Brown who was killed
although they have yet to identify a suspect or motive for the shooting. The case is now in the hands of the Dallas Police Department. Brown’s testimony stood out as a fact witness who was approaching his apartment directly across from Botham Jean’s apartment when shots rang out. Brown was still visibly shaken up from the incident when he took the stand to testify on behalf of the prosecution. His murder underscores the reality of the black experience in America. A former athlete turned entrepreneur— Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence, either state sanctioned or otherwise. We have more work to do deal with the constant threats to our community both from within and without.
Lee Merritt, Esq.
Jean’s neighbor from across the hall, Joshua Brown, also testified, telling the court he met Jean for the first time shortly before Jean was shot. Brown became emotional after he describing that he would often hear Jean singing gospel or Drake songs inside his apartment.
Ex-Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger Sentenced to 10 Years for Murdering Botham Jean in His Own Apartment

I don't see anything on MSM, maybe Dallas News, behind a pay wall. But it is all over other sources, with quite a few accusations that this has to do with his recent testimony.

Wow.

This appears to Joshua although his name wasn't released

Officers responded about 10:37 p.m. Friday to a shooting call in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road. The victim died from his injuries at a local hospital.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...USzTzK1dMn7-c6bTIr55MC8THmbOnrfEJLZRQIPVXKaLE

Angela Blair on Twitter

here's the hashtag
lots of reports
R.I.P.
edit
edit
Lee Merritt, Esq.
Lee Merritt, Esq.

Am I the only one whose mind went to a place of "this is not a random shooting and has something to do with his testimony".....or do I just read too much true crime?

Am I the only one whose mind went to a place of "this is not a random shooting and has something to do with his testimony".....or do I just read too much true crime?
you're not the only one, twitter is beginning to explode.
However, there is simply NO evidence yet published from any source that suggests it might be a factor..It could just as easily be him being in the wrong place at the wrong time... a car sped off quickly following the shooting is all we know so far..
We need to wait this one out awhile.. shouldn't be too long, Merrit is on it and he'll stay on it, knowing him.. will post updates if they become available.

While the 28-year-old gave his testimony in front of a jury Tuesday (September 24), he broke down in tears as he recounted the events that took place in the Dallas apartment complex on September 6, 2018, reports NBC.

Judge Tammy Kemp appeared to get teary-eyed herself after the witness and jury left the courtroom. She was clearly emotional from Brown’s testimony about the night 26-year-old Botham Jean was killed, as shown in a video shared on Twitter by NBC 5’s Larry Collins.

From inside his apartment, he could see Guyger on the phone, crying, and heard her say, “I went into the wrong apartment.”

“I thought it was my apartment,” Guyger could be heard saying repeatedly in the video, NBC reports.

She then replied, “Top Left. Top Left,” when arriving officers asked where Jean was shot. His body can be seen lying on the floor in a pool of blood around his left shoulder.

Officer Lee testified that, at the time, Jean still had a pulse but was unresponsive.

The officer also testified, “If you open a door and realize someone’s inside, you have two choices: Presume you can safely reposition, or shoot and figure it out later.”

“He was really treated like an animal,” the deceased’s mother, Allison Jean, said after she first heard the 911 call in April, CNN reports.
Judge In Amber Guyger’s Murder Trial Gets Emotional After Witness Joshua Brown’s Tearful Testimony

Guyger’s keys still hung from the door lock when the first officers arrived.

"Come on chief," Officer Michael Lee repeatedly tells Jean while he and another officer trade places trying to resuscitate the dying man.

Several friends gathered around Guyger as Sgt. Breanna Valentine pulled into the parking garage, dash-camera video showed. Hermus asked Valentine whether the friends, who appeared to be police officers, were members of the Dallas Police Association.

“This investigation from the very beginning treated Amber Guyger differently because she was a police officer,” Hermus said.

Joshua Brown lived across the hall from Jean. He was returning home when he heard loud voices as he walked toward his apartment.

He said it sounded like "two people meeting each other by surprise" but couldn't make out what the voices were saying. After the shouting, he heard gunshots.

Defense attorneys said during opening statements that Guyger yelled "Hands" at Jean when he advanced toward her in the apartment.
Neighbors heard shouting before Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member