Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

There are some major fires burning up Port Macquarie way :( atm

Major Fire Update Details - NSW Rural Fire Service

Posted: 2019-10-29 14:45

Numerous spot fires are starting ahead of the main fire front.

If you are in the area of Lake Cathie, Long Point or Bonny Hills, watch for burning embers. These embers may start spot fires ahead of the main fire front. If the fire threatens your location, seek shelter immediately to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.

If you are in the area of Kew, Kendall, Herons Creek and Bob's Creek, monitor conditions. Be aware of smoke and embers which may be blown from the fire.

Houston Mitchell Drive is closed between the Pacific Highway and Lake Cathie.

If you are not in the area, it may not be safe to return as roads can be closed at short notice.

Emergency Alert telephone warning messages are being sent to phones in the area.

Maybe mother nature might uncover someones little secret..........
or hide it

A few other interesting questions from the inquest that I remember...
His BIL Gregory Newton was asked 'how did PS seem'.
Craddock asked PS if there was anything covering the luggage compartment in his car that would prevent anything inside being seen.

The types of questions asked (such as the above two) lead me to believe he is being looked at as a potential suspect rather than a witness to something JMO.

Another good point.

I think PS was also questioned about the hole that had been covered with a sheet tin at the time If I remember correctly? Which was the swimming pool?

If I were Savage I would’ve moved as well. Everyone knows where he lives and who he is and what he’s being accused of. (Allegedly). The vehicles driving slowly past both properties would drive anyone insane.

Sometimes I wonder if anything much phases him. He doesn't seem overly concerned about the questioning involved or commotion in the street since little William went missing.

I wish, we would know a little bit more about his B-I-L, who was visiting exactly that day, when little W disappeared .... He could have been in the area before arriving at PS' home, theoretically. Did he always watch the sports events of his son and did he always take a trip to these locations? Did he get asked for that at the inquest? - I would like to know.

Maybe Dr Slueth remembers if asked this at inquest?

I wish, we would know a little bit more about his B-I-L, who was visiting exactly that day, when little W disappeared .... He could have been in the area before arriving at PS' home, theoretically. Did he always watch the sports events of his son and did he always take a trip to these locations? Did he get asked for that at the inquest? - I would like to know.

I believe the rugby match was on the following day (Saturday). The game was at Oxley Oval in Port Macquarie. Would make sense that Greg Newton and his wife arrived on the afternoon of the 12th.
It was a big event, being the finals.

No fairytale finish for Paul Butcher with Coffs Snappers going down to Hastings Valley in reserve grade.
Final score was 19-15 after the Vikings led 14-0 after 10 minutes of play.
Updates: Mid North Coast Rugby grand final day at Oxley Oval
13th Sep 2014

He told us that Mr Newton’s son played for the Coffs Harbour Snappers rugby union team, and that he was staying in Kendall with his sister to see the boy play.
After walking Mr Newton through a line search, a barking dog and, yes, the thickness of lantana, Mr Craddock quipped, “I think the Snappers lost?”
“They did,” Mr Newtown replied and chuckled, along with others in the court.
Inside the divided inquest into the three-year-old’s disappearance

Last edited:
A few other interesting questions from the inquest that I remember...
His BIL Gregory Newton was asked 'how did PS seem'.
Craddock asked PS if there was anything covering the luggage compartment in his car that would prevent anything inside being seen.

The types of questions asked (such as the above two) lead me to believe he is being looked at as a potential suspect rather than a witness to something JMO.

BBM Totally agree. I wonder if he has any priors?

Does anyone know the response to the question to BIL - how did PS seem? And whether PS had his luggage compartment covered in his car?

I would think cars would be searched early in the search, but maybe not. AFAIK there was a gap where nobody saw PS (45 mins) IMO, unless I can find the link. Did ps drive anywhere early, would that be possible?

I found one article that says it could be 2 hours that PS was unaccounted for. Realise this has likely been discussed here ages ago :oops::oops: Maybe I can find it in the past discussion. I got one look at it & it was The Australian newspaper - now I'm paywalled. But anyway 45 mins-2 hours possibly? Geez!

i dont think there were any vehicles searched in or out of benaroon drive that day, so anybody could have just driven little w out amidst the chaos
if ps had any priors would msm journos be allowed to dig them up and publish like they did with bs or would there be a ban protecting ps privacy? and if so why?

i dont think there were any vehicles searched in or out of benaroon drive that day, so anybody could have just driven little w out amidst the chaos
if ps had any priors would msm journos be allowed to dig them up and publish like they did with bs or would there be a ban protecting ps privacy? and if so why?

Maybe he had prior arrests but no convictions? Or he'd already employed a barrister who was able to block stuff in court? All speculation of course. I just wonder why Gary J was so onto him. Wondering if there was priors - v's - just some odd behaviours? Odd behaviour doesn't seem enough for such level of interest, but who knows? Just MOO - not at all suggesting he had priors. Just wonder why such intense interest in him?

Ps... I know BS had priors that were not convictions & that all came out - but also - some of that occurred during the case... did he have a good lawyer & some added barrister protection?

Last edited:

Good question bear.

With the search / sites out there available to the public / Journos (with subscription)

How long are criminal records stored / visible / available?

If any person (Not Savage) but any person was convicted or a crime 15 years ago say, would that record still be available or is there a cut off where the file is no longer available to Journos / public.

The sites I have seen did not show what the convictions were for, for something else I looked at months back.

So I presume there is something else out there only LE and legal entities may have access to and not the public?

I would say if that is the case it would be a breach of privacy? Unless like Spedding, there were cases at the time in the courts in which some charges may relate to from historical charges in which then they could disclose / report on past offences as it was all being aired in court and reported at the time. IMO

I found one article that says it could be 2 hours that PS was unaccounted for. Realise this has likely been discussed here ages ago :oops::oops: Maybe I can find it in the past discussion. I got one look at it & it was The Australian newspaper - now I'm paywalled. But anyway 45 mins-2 hours possibly? Geez!

I am looking forward to more information on the Caravan lady and how often SHE states that he visited her and how long they talked / or whatever they did.

Was he there for that unaccounted time?

I am looking forward to more information on the Caravan lady and how often SHE states that he visited her and how long they talked / or whatever they did.

Was he there for that unaccounted time?

Hi Mussopossum - could you elaborate just briefly for me? I'm new here. Did PS visit her, & where? I remember there was talk of a caravan park in the very beginning on MSN. Think it was just outside town. Same one?

Hi Mussopossum - could you elaborate just briefly for me? I'm new here. Did PS visit her, & where? I remember there was talk of a caravan park in the very beginning on MSN. Think it was just outside town. Same one?

I am not to up to speed to answer this one unfortunately.

Here is something I found although is to do with my comment and not the caravan park that was searched.

"He said it showed Mr Savage’s walk from his house, up the fire trail to a clearing, turning left onto a track winding through very thick bush, arriving at a caravan where a mysterious local woman lived.

Mr Craddock said on that day he had talked to the woman, whose name he has since discovered is “Lyn”, for half an hour."

Details of ‘deeply troubling’ police grilling of Tyrrell person of interest

I am not to up to speed to answer this one unfortunately.

Here is something I found although is to do with my comment and not the caravan park that was searched.

"He said it showed Mr Savage’s walk from his house, up the fire trail to a clearing, turning left onto a track winding through very thick bush, arriving at a caravan where a mysterious local woman lived.

Mr Craddock said on that day he had talked to the woman, whose name he has since discovered is “Lyn”, for half an hour."

Details of ‘deeply troubling’ police grilling of Tyrrell person of interest

Wow hey? Was there a photo of the map - on the news.com.au site you posted above? I never can get their pictures. I have no idea why! This a new computer & I have searched why I can't view pictures/photos from them, but still have not figured it out. Can you copy & paste it - if there was one? Thanks

Maybe he had prior arrests but no convictions? Or he'd already employed a barrister who was able to block stuff in court? All speculation of course. I just wonder why Gary J was so onto him. Wondering if there was priors - v's - just some odd behaviours? Odd behaviour doesn't seem enough for such level of interest, but who knows? Just MOO - not at all suggesting he had priors. Just wonder why such intense interest in him?

Ps... I know BS had priors that were not convictions & that all came out - but also - some of that occurred during the case... did he have a good lawyer & some added barrister protection?

Unfortunately, with the name suppression on child sex offense cases in Australia there is often no way of knowing about prior charges or convictions. Not unless you are a police officer who has access to the sex offender register.

I would also like to put this info here, for those who think that many/most child sex offenders are caught.

My BBM below, of course, means that it is estimated that 95% of child sex offenders are never apprehended.

As Judith Herman, a psychologist who works with abused children at the Victims of Violence clinic in Boston told The Daily Beast in an e-mail: “Truthfully, I don't think the psychiatric profession has much of a clue about pedophiles. Most studies are based on…the 5 percent who get caught—a very unrepresentative group.” In other words, most pedophilia research subjects are outliers.
What Science Reveals About Pedophilia

Unfortunately, with the name suppression on child sex offense cases in Australia there is often no way of knowing about prior charges or convictions. Not unless you are a police officer who has access to the sex offender register.

I would also like to put this info here, for those who think that many/most child sex offenders are caught.

My BBM below, of course, means that it is estimated that 95% of child sex offenders are never apprehended.

As Judith Herman, a psychologist who works with abused children at the Victims of Violence clinic in Boston told The Daily Beast in an e-mail: “Truthfully, I don't think the psychiatric profession has much of a clue about pedophiles. Most studies are based on…the 5 percent who get caught—a very unrepresentative group.” In other words, most pedophilia research subjects are outliers.
What Science Reveals About Pedophilia

Oh - I hope these stats will improve :eek:

Wow hey? Was there a photo of the map - on the news.com.au site you posted above? I never can get their pictures. I have no idea why! This a new computer & I have searched why I can't view pictures/photos from them, but still have not figured it out. Can you copy & paste it - if there was one? Thanks

No worries @mussopossum I found the photo of the mysterious Lyn's residence. Not far from where he went missing! Did PS say he didn't know her name? just curious

BBM Totally agree. I wonder if he has any priors?

Does anyone know the response to the question to BIL - how did PS seem? And whether PS had his luggage compartment covered in his car?

I would think cars would be searched early in the search, but maybe not. AFAIK there was a gap where nobody saw PS (45 mins) IMO, unless I can find the link. Did ps drive anywhere early, would that be possible?

Letisha Marambio‏Verified account
Paul Savage's brother-in-law in the witness box asked how did he (Paul) seem? “He was concerned he was very worried. After we said our hellos I sort of said what’s happening… he said there’s a little fella gone missing.” Paul has his lawyer at inquest @10NewsFirstSyd@10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris
The court is again being shown the video of Mr Savage walking detectives through his movements. Craddock points out his car in the garage and asks about the luggage compartment in the car. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris
He asked specifically if there was anything covering the luggage area in the car that would prevent anything inside from being seen through the window. Mr Savage said there was not. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Many more tweets re. PS back in this thread Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa