CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know- I've pondered this so many times. The poor girl thought he was in love with her like she was in love with him. She moves to be with him, because he has animals at his mother's ranch to take care of and couldn't move out there. She was so excited for Christmas, told her mother about her plans for decorating. Why would he kill such a loving and devoted woman like this? Was this worth it to Patrick?

then I think about Krystal, too- she was from Idaho, another one that lived far away. He seemed to charm them from afar.

It makes you wonder if there are any others, maybe too afraid to come forward, states away like Kelsey and Krystal.

Since we have had surprise witnesses, perhaps we will also hear from possible past girlfriends, clearly defining this Creep's character.

@gitana1 ... We so need your expertise. Please :rolleyes::):cool:

Can PF automatically appeal or does he need a reason?

If he needs a reason .... as well say in the south....he'll be hard put to find one.

Circus tent, no...video, tweets, drawing, can't walk on the side walk, and much more. What WTH could he find?

Please, say no appeal...please :)

He can appeal but it’s not automatic and without a reason it’s just a meaningless formality. With a reason he still would be unlikely to prevail. Appeals are rare and hard to get.

Btw, did KK really stop testifying yesterday or did she comeback to to.

Despite being in a very unhealthy relationship though, the majority of people still maintain some lines they absolutely will not cross.
I don't see the manipulation here. I see a willing volunteer.
That's true. But that doesn't mean he should walk free. He was the one who swung the bat, and the one who engineered this whole evil deal.

She probably got a better deal than she deserved. But the main thing we have to keep in mind is the little baby. The prosecutors were under urgent pressure to get that baby out of the hands of the Frazee family.

That's what makes this plea deal acceptable in my eyes. JMO

He can appeal but it’s not automatic and without a reason it’s just a meaningless formality. With a reason he still would be unlikely to prevail. Appeals are rare and hard to get.

Btw, did KK really stop testifying yesterday or did she comeback to to.

She didn't come back today, gitana, but I think everyone expects her back.
She was not released.
We ended on some good notes today!

Thanks for the reassurance on that appeal. I'd hate for the Berreths to have to make repeated high-anxiety trips to look at Patrick's ugly mug.

We are missing out on the visual evidence. And I also want to see the big, slobbery bloodhound, Radar. He sounds like quite the dog.
20190913-101059-814e89678b.jpg

Bloodhound, handler pitch in to help

OK, those 2 seized Khombu boots (see google images) match the description of the bloody footprints that KK mentioned on the stand. It was specific testimony they were NOT smooth soled boot footprints that she saw. It seems all of these Khombu pics have large treads on them vs. smooth.

Three witnesses/times mentioned on the stand.. I think boots are coming in later MOO

Source: Google images for Khombu boots

Attachments

• boots.JPG
    boots.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I edited, and bolded the above.
This is possibly how PF spoke to Kelsey, the night before her murder, while she was helping him with cattle.:(
Also, his probable shouting at her, when using the bat.
Unbelievable.
MOO.

I'll bet he treated her like that all of the time. Remember her friend who was interviewed commented that from what Kelsey told her, she thought he was abusive.

Poor Kelsey. For all of her determination and the admirable accomplishment of becoming a pilot, she must have had low self esteem and wanted to please him. He zeroed in on that because he's a predator.

I had totally missed that the dog Radar had hit so long after the murder on the hay bales! Wow!

Prosecutors attempt to corroborate witness in Patrick Frazee trial

"Another dog handler, Frank Hurst, and his bloodhound visited the Teller County ranch where Kenney said Frazee hid Berreth’s body in a plastic box. Although the dog searched the ranch’s barn on February 13 – more than two months after the body was allegedly moved from the area – his dog alerted to a hay bale with black stains."

ETA, I think @MassGuy is right. In that the discussion of the red barn on the taped call was when he was in jail, so they went back out there to look for evidence.

We are lucky that there is enough evidence and someone who is willing to put their future on the line to convict a killer. That gorgeous little girl is the entire reason that we should be banding together here. (Her life forward is of the ultimate importance we need to make sure she has the most wonderful upbringing.)

Who knows what motivates people to come clean to LE, but they need to save themselves and obviously it is 'their' truth not the absolute truth. Whatever KK is doing in this situation, at least we have some information we can apply to the investigation.

Truth is individual, but consensus will win out. This is 'hopefully' what juries can resolve.
PF was obviously a predator, one who could identify! women who he could influence. For whatever reason he was able to play on their emotionality and there willingness to accept him and nurture a relationship. This murder is such a flagrant desecration of family and equality of partnership.

How does someone do something convene a posse to work an act so depraved and yet all those around him still have to prove that he was culpable.

That would be one of the worst parts for me. Sadness would crush me if I learned that while my daughter was unknowingly living the last weeks of her life, people were casually discussing her murder:

"So... are we going with the poison coffee then? Well, she didn't drink it.. so.. The metal pipe? The bat? ect...

These people have no souls. That is ice cold.

Well, I know her brother was enraged at the Idaho gang all knowing and saying nothing. He called them monsters. Now this.

Question for medical personnel - my child once hit his head and the amount of blood was considerable for a small wound. One of the issues I am having as a non-medical person is how on earth KK cleaned up the blood scene so well in just 4 hours. By police accounts and CB and CB2 accounts, no blood was obvious. It is hard for me to believe someone could clean THAT well. Do not get me wrong - I believe he did it. I am just wondering if her medical knowledge gave her experience or knowledge that the average person does not have. For the scene described, I would think it would take days, as well as more days to kill the overpowering bleach smell. Can any medical people help me understand it?

And she did that after being up for over 24 hours and driving 750 miles.

We are lucky that there is enough evidence and someone who is willing to put their future on the line to convict a killer

I'm confused. Who is putting their future on the line? If you mean kk then I fail to see her heroism. :rolleyes: She is giving tremendously important testimony. And we do need pf put away forever but she's just doing it because...

She's saving her own A@@

We have been presented with a great deal of evidence regarding the murder of Kelsey, many ridiculous actions by PF.
Then a history of how he treated women, animals and blabber mouthing critical, dangerous thoughts.
PF is living with his mother.
Could PF be 'sub standard' in intelligence, which explains the murder findings.
MOO.

Very possible. But low IQ doesn’t always lend itself to cruelty and murder, as far as I know.

Also, re. KK....I’m not excusing her, and I’m not an expert, but I hear her and I look at her and I wonder whether she has undiagnosed learning difficulties.

Very possible. But low IQ doesn’t always lend itself to cruelty and murder, as far as I know.

Also, re. KK....I’m not excusing her, and I’m not an expert, but I hear her and I look at her and I wonder whether she has undiagnosed learning difficulties.
I don't know about low IQ, some say pf is intelligent. o_O Maybe he is... just 'Differently IQ'd' But he does seem to have deficits in the area of Executive Functioning.

kk is an RN so if she has any learning disabilities I would think they would have been diagnosed by now.

Yes, well, I'm sure if PF would have asked Kelsey to do anything like what he asked KK to do she would have ditched him fast and gone to police.
She didn't get the chance to see his true colors because they didn't know each other very long.

I think she may have been starting to see him for who he really was. Too bad she didn't get the chance to get away from him and live a happy life with her child.

Frazee was not about to let that happen, though.

Imo
Kelsey didn’t know him long, she was also separated from her friends and family support system. Her co workers were new and at a distance. She was young from a very small town and a religious background. I am not saying she was naive, but her value system was so different than his. When she got pregnant, she did what was acceptable in her background, she stayed, she did her best to give her baby a family. She did this in spite of being rejected and degraded by PF and his momma and sister.

He lied to her, he manipulated her, he murdered her. She probably couldn’t have moved far enough away to ever be safe from his evil. KK may have helped convict him sooner, but she’s as evil as he is. I hope that an hour doesn’t go by that they aren’t haunted by their evil. They should paper their cells with the circles of Dante’s Inferno.

I must respectfully disagree with you on this.

I despise KK's involvement as much as you. Is she getting what she deserves. Heck NO, and most here will agree. But, while the LE work was excellent on this case, the chance of conviction would not have been certain without the valuable details that KK provided. The prosecution of this case is methodical and impeccably delivered. I cannot comprehend your disdain for the prosecution in this case. There was also a precious little baby in the clutches of evil that needed to be rescued ASAP. As a grandmother, I can tell you I KNOW what CB was growing through.

I have nothing but gratitude and praise for the DA and his team. They've nailed his coffin shut, he will NEVER do this to another innocent. KK's deal made that so! JMHO

I'm aware of how valuable her information was and her testimony is. My point is that they had her on enough to scare the hell out of her and give her a deal with, potentially, more years than than three (as well as other possible punishment) and she still would have felt damn lucky.

My only disdain is for the poorly negotiated deal.

KK may have helped convict him sooner, but she’s as evil as he is. I hope that an hour doesn’t go by that they aren’t haunted by their evil. They should paper their cells with the circles of Dante’s Inferno
Yup. I get it that her info is sealing pf's fate, but I am feeling like some people are starting to see her as if she is somehow able to redeem herself somewhat, through this 'generous act' and I find that repugnant . She's a totally disgusting, jealous, murderous beaoch.

Good grief, even without poor Kelsey's body, there's absolutely no doubt who murdered her, in my eyes.

A freaking bloody nose? Really? Then he proceeded to ask if Moore thought that they could find any blood because he washed his clothes? He may as well confessed right there and then.

He knew that phone call was going to be recorded, yet the dummy asked if anything was disrupted by the red barn. :rolleyes:

At least Moore called LE and Patrick's attorney after that call. I am sure it wasn't easy to do so, but he didn't wait for LE to come to him first. I am sure he's upset with himself for not saying something sooner, but he probably didn't think Patrick would actually kill Kelsey.

BBM was this the point at which his attorney ditched him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member