CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
4780.gif

Day 10 of the Trial.

Roll Call!

Who's Here for Kelsey?
Good Morning everyone !!!
I am hoping court gets wrapped up and closing arguments completed today !!
State has 2-3 witnesses left to call to stand.
#JUSTICEFORKELSEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do worry a bit. Some of the public seems to rely way too heavily on DNA. Gone seem to be the days people relied on non-DNA evidence...
Public perception of evidence needs to change or the perps are going to have the upper hand.

Yes, it has been posted here that it was doubted that the tooth was hers because there was not her DNA on it. And it has been posted here that that her DNA was not on the hay. And it has been posted here much more about absence of DNA it places some people felt needed it to have been. I have faith in this jury! There is just too much circumstantial for a critical thinker to come up with an alternative.

The only poster that has done the poll and polled "not guilty" has said previously in March on the threads that perhaps there was a hitman. I would hope that other jurors would help someone see the light in such a situation when they are deliberating that that is not correct and is not even in evidence as an alternative. Yet. Although the defense hasn't even queried anyone on the stand as to such an alternative.

Moo

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 of circumstantial evidence = guilty

ETA, noting that DNA is also circumstantial evidence! Just want to make sure that @gitana1 has taught me well.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate? How is it possible to rely “too much” on something as definitive as DNA? To me that would be like saying we put too much stock in surveillance video...
I think they mean that some people put too much importance in DNA evidence rather than considering all the rest of the circumstantial evidence, and how all the other pieces fit together.

Imo

Praying for a super successful day for the prosecution and closing arguments this afternoon. I have a feeling it’s going to be really busy here at WS as they wrap up this trial. I love everyone’s analysis, and I’ve especially enjoyed Sam Kraemer’s nightly FB love videos, as he reveals so many details.

Justice for Kelsey!

Another thing thats just dawned on me, of all the people that have known pf. Not a single one of them implied he loved her or was proud of her etc.
Right. As far as I can recall or remember reading, not a very positive environment. All self imposed. Life didn’t need to be that way. PF could have been an upstanding guy, good husband, good father, good anything—and not selfish, rude or evil. But he chose otherwise. All his choosing.

I am up and making chicken noodle soup and catching up on the case.

I will be honest with you all. The jury pool scares me out here. These are definitely a trial of HIS peers. I’m crossing my fingers.
RBBM: Well <gulp> that is a sobering thought.

MOO: here’s hoping these peers have empathy and a moral compass that will enable them to see through his deception, lies, crimes. To see the truth. #justiceforKelsey

I do worry a bit. Some of the public seems to rely way too heavily on DNA. Gone seem to be the days people relied on non-DNA evidence...
Public perception of evidence needs to change or the perps are going to have the upper hand.

Agree! I think the problem is that DNA to some is like the standard. If it's not there, that person wasn't there. But with all the CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds type of shows that have become popular along with Livestream Trials, criminals in society are learning about DNA. It won't be long and future criminals will understand all about cellphones and RTT data,etc etc. I guess what I am blabbering on about is that I don't believe criminals should get a free pass because they found away to get rid of the evidence. It really doesn't matter that his clothes were not seen as bloody. He may have removed them while she was smelling scented candles. He had plenty of time to shower in her townhouse. DNA , in this case, just says that a crime happened in Kelsey's home on Thanksgiving. Who was at her home on Thanksgiving? Who took the baby? Who was pretending to show she was alive by texting on her phone all over the county? It all points to him.

I forgot what my point here was, LOL.

Guess I had too much coffee.

:)

Cell phone records also showed #KelseyBerreth's phone later traveling with Krystal Lee's phone west on I-70 and north to Idaho. Berreth's phone was locked up on cell towers near Grand Junction, Salt Lake City & Idaho, according to testimony.
@csgazette

The cell phone records show that Kelsey's and KK phone were both on and pinging from Colorado to Idaho.

Going back to the early days, LE stated emphatically that there was a single ping from Kelsey's phone in Gooding, Idaho. This was first week of December, 2018; two weeks after Kelsey's disappearance.

Cell phone data is key to cracking Berreth case, expert says

So was this intentional misdirection by LE, stating a single ping instead of a ping roadmap from Woodland Park. Was this because they suspected the phone was taken there by someone other than Kelsey or Patrick, and didn't want to alert Patrick to this?

We agonized over the meaning of the ping, what it meant. With the information we had, it was clear the phone was off during the trip and briefly turned on in Idaho, to give the impression that Kelsey had run off.

Just filing this away as an example where LE will filter information, essentially creating misdirection to the public (and perp).

Praying for a super successful day for the prosecution and closing arguments this afternoon. I have a feeling it’s going to be really busy here at WS as they wrap up this trial. I love everyone’s analysis, and I’ve especially enjoyed Sam Kraemer’s nightly FB love videos, as he reveals so many details.

Justice for Kelsey!

I haven't watched last night. Was it insightful and did we learn more than was in the newspapers? I have errands to do today so I can listen to it later, but was just wondering if there was anything that stood out.

I will be honest with you all. The jury pool scares me out here. These are definitely a trial of HIS peers. I’m crossing my fingers.
I want to have faith that Dan May, in his closing, will take them step by step through all the evidence again so there is no way they could come up with anything other than a guilty verdict. I do hear your concern, but our faith has to be stronger!

It seems to me, if the jury pays close attention to several details, like the cell phone calls, the text messages, PF’s inconsistencies in conversations with various people about his relationship with KB, not to mention the DNA, they should arrive at a guilty verdict. After listening to Sam Kraemer reviewing the text messages last night, noting the ones that were sent after KB was no longer alive, they would see the scheming ways of PF. He has shown himself to be a liar, a cheater, and a murderer. In my mind there should be no other verdict than guilty. JMHO ...

Potential post verdict interview:

Reporter: "Juror number 4, with the overwhelming DNA, video, cell phone, and witness testimony; how did the jury come up with a non-guilty verdict?"

Juror number 4: "hmmppfft...."

Reporter: "Please, can you tell us how the jury found Patrick non-guilty?"

Juror number 4: "Well, exactly..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads