CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could’ve killed her with a quick shot to the back of the head using a pillow to silence the gun. What a horrific way to die. I won’t try think about it.

The Walking Dead has a particularly horrible scene that shows what it could be like when someone bashes your head in. It was awful to see. And I think this was worse.

He picked this brutal manner of killing because he’s a savage.
I agree with you... he wanted it to really hurt... :(

I can't read another sentence about KK as the star witness. Star nothing. The only bright light was Kelsey, whose smile light up, Kelsey who loved being a mother.

KK saw that scene, just as PF left it. As a mother herself, she failed Kelsey in every way possible.

Blood on a baby gate....

God help us all.
Let us not forget she has to testify in other cases. So although she is not the Star she'd like to be, there is more cases yet to go.
MOO

Well I think with this testimony today together with his comments about She's never coming back, etc. they may deliberate for less than 2 hours IMO. Time enough to go through KK's testimony, and the cell phone pings, texts and this blood evidence - but I guess they could be extra thorough and take longer but I don't see how.
IMO

SO and I were just speculating. Jury Leader takes lst poll in jury room. Everyone says GUILTY! Then they try to decide what to do so they arent rendering verdict in 5 minutes....Jim, the master of black humor, says Maybe they'll order pizza.

Another thing thats just dawned on me, of all the people that have known pf. Not a single one of them implied he loved her or was proud of her etc.
It's quite astonishing isn't it? She was an accomplished pilot, instructor, daughter, sister, mother. She was beautiful and smart. Not one of those things appear to have EVER come from PF's mouth. It really makes me wonder what that early courtship was like.

Yes! That video was so cringeworthy and proof that she is devoid of a conscious.

For such a boring video, it truly is shocking. When you think of where she was coming from - she seems wholly unaffected.

Since this case has become high profile, he may end up going out of state for his on safety. Wouldn't want someone to bash him in the head out in the prison yard.

He and CW will be next-cell neighbors.

DA May did to PF what PF did to Kelsey in real life. He separated him from all of those who could support him. They were almost all on the witness list so could not be there in court for him, especially mama. Brilliant move.

My favorite part of this was that SF2 never came back, either. The only one to actually testify didn't come back even when he was allowed to.

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
17s
The analyst also testifies about marks on the floorboards that are consistent with blood pooling and leaching into the joints between the boards.
@csgazette
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
34s
DA Dan May had Priest examine a specific piece of the floorboard. Priest says it had two significant round indentations in it, which he says would be consistent with a wooden baseball bat striking the ground.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Daniela Leon
@danielaleontv

·
26m

This testimony is difficult for the #Berreth family. Her father is crying, prosecutors have teary eyes. At one point Dan May stopped questioning and asked #Berreth’s dad if he’s ok
@FOX21News

Heartbreaking but critical testimony.

NOV 15, 2019
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Bloodstain expert testifies on crime scene
Kelsey Berreth’s father leaned forward in his front row seat in a Teller County courtroom and cried as a bloodstain expert testified in vivid language and with swinging motions how blood could have been splattered across his daughter’s Woodland Park condo

[...]

The bloodstain expert, former Denver homicide detective Jonathyn Priest, said that Krystal Lee Kenney’s description of the blood patterns she found are consistent with a high-impact attack with an object, which would spread a large quantity of small blood spots across the condo. When Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May asked if the stains were consistent with an attack with a bat, Priest said, “Oh, absolutely.”

“The fact that there are small bloodstains supports my opinion that we have a forceful incident, not a passive one,” Priest said.

[...]

Priest testified Friday the patterns described were consistent with the use of a blunt force weapon. He also said the staining found between the slats of the wooden floor was consistent with a large pool of blood that had time to seep into cracks.

Holding a sample of the floor from Berreth’s condo, Priest also described two indentations on the wood plank, though he couldn’t tell exactly what hit it.

“So something substantially heavy and substantially hard had an impact on this area and certainly a baseball bat is consistent with that,” he said.

[...]

Priest also said that the bloodstain on the toilet – the evidence found by Berreth’s brother that intensified what started as a missing persons case – indicated that stain appeared to be from a bloody object that smeared against the bowl and not a splatter.

[...]

SO and I were just speculating. Jury Leader takes lst poll in jury room. Everyone says GUILTY! Then they try to decide what to do so they arent rendering verdict in 5 minutes....Jim, the master of black humor, says Maybe they'll order pizza.

I don’t remember what trial it was, but that did happen. The jury made a decision right away and decided to stay in jury room for three hours finally letting the Judge know they were ready. The jurors did not want anyone yo think they did not care but the evidence was overwhelming for a guilty verdict.

Does anyone remember the trial?

How horrible this is! Just beyond words. Poor poor little Kelsey. I'm so sorry. And for her parents and brother. I keep thinking baby K was there when this was happening.
As horrid as this is and it's just unthinkable, the cruelty of PF, I'm so glad this is coming out now. No way can the jury even think he may be innocent and no way can they put this picture out of their minds. Justice for Kelsey!!!

Because it is so horrifying that it should not have been allowed in at all? is that possible? - the father crying the *advertiser censored*'t DA in tears etc. I don't know what is grounds for an appeal - maybe @riolove77 or @gitana1 have an opinion?
It sounds to me like the DA won that battle if this was the witness that defense protested. It speaks to explain the crime scene and answers the very questions we were asking i.e., wide blood splatter on vaulted ceiling and wall where KK couldn't reach. Brutal testimony because the defendant's actions were brutal.

MOO

To say the least! Frazee was the benificiary on KB's life insurance.

But did you catch yesterday that maybe it wasn't in effect at the time of the murder? Wouldn't THAT have been ironic? There was some switching with owners and full and part time and whatnot and there's a chance it wasn't even in effect. I hope if it WAS in effect, it passes on down to the baby.

How absolutely horrible. How can you wrap your brain around hitting someone 10 to 15 times with a baseball bat, someone you had a child with, where does that kind of anger, no..., pure evil, come from??? I can't even imagine what KBs family is going through, and to think her daughter is going to hear one day about what her father did to her dear mother. So unbelievably sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member