Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing when they left, but it looks like the arrived Nov. 4th or 5th and suspended the search on the 12th.
Wait... I’m confused, they weren’t here for 9 days.
Yep I was just looking at articles for confirmation.
Started on 5th left on 13th I think.
Texas Equusearch begins day 1 of plans for Aniah Blanchard search

Tips still coming in as search group suspends efforts to find Aniah Blanchard

edited to add: it certainly seemed shorter in my head. Looking back, that’s a lot of time invested. I’m sure they covered a lot of area.

Yep I was just looking at articles for confirmation.
Started on 5th left on 13th I think.
Texas Equusearch begins day 1 of plans for Aniah Blanchard search

Tips still coming in as search group suspends efforts to find Aniah Blanchard

edited to add: it certainly seemed shorter in my head. Looking back, that’s a lot of time invested. I’m sure they covered a lot of area.
I see it as 8 days, but who cares. I am just thankful they are coming back. She has tugged on a lot of hearts. I pray they find her soon.

Trying to keep up, bringing forward latest msm:

Lee County DA: Montgomery’s leniency allowed Ibraheem Yazeed to kidnap Aniah Blanchard
Nov 15, 2019

“Ibraheem Yazeed’s attorney, Elijah Beaver, on Thursday filed a motion asking that his client be granted bail, stating Yazeed had received death threats from fellow inmates at the Lee County jail. As a result, Yazeed has been placed in solitary confinement, Beaver wrote.”

—-

Texas Equusearch to resume Aniah Blanchard search in Alabama
Updated 1:14 PM;Today

“Texas Equusearch, which provides horse-mounted searches, joined the search for the missing Auburn-area college student but suspended its efforts Tuesday after saying it had “used every resource available,” according to media reports.

The group did not say what prompted them to rejoin the search.”

—-

Texas Equusearch returns to Alabama in search for Aniah Blanchard
Saturday, November 16th 2019

“That's according to a post on the group's Facebook page. It reads, "Equusearch will be continuing our search efforts for Aniah. Dave Rader, our chapter director will be traveling back to Alabama to continue our search endeavors. Please keep Aniah's family and friends in your prayers."”

—-

UPDATE: Texas EquuSearch returning to search for Aniah Blanchard
Updated 23 min ago

“Destinie Duvall with Texas EquuSearch told the Opelika-Auburn News Saturday that searchers want to keep looking for her. The group pulled out of the area early last week after an intensive, nine-day effort that was done with the blessing of local law enforcement.

There are no new leads, but Duvall said volunteers feel called to keep looking for the missing 19-year-old Southern Union State Community College student.

“She’s tugging at our hearts, so it’s tough to sit still and wait,” she said.“

—-

Trying to keep up, bringing forward latest msm:

Texas Equusearch to resume Aniah Blanchard search in Alabama
Updated 1:14 PM;Today

“Texas Equusearch, which provides horse-mounted searches, joined the search for the missing Auburn-area college student but suspended its efforts Tuesday after saying it had “used every resource available,” according to media reports.

The group did not say what prompted them to rejoin the search.”

—-

Texas Equusearch returns to Alabama in search for Aniah Blanchard
Saturday, November 16th 2019

“That's according to a post on the group's Facebook page. It reads, "Equusearch will be continuing our search efforts for Aniah. Dave Rader, our chapter director will be traveling back to Alabama to continue our search endeavors. Please keep Aniah's family and friends in your prayers."”

—-

UPDATE: Texas EquuSearch returning to search for Aniah Blanchard
Updated 23 min ago

“Destinie Duvall with Texas EquuSearch told the Opelika-Auburn News Saturday that searchers want to keep looking for her. The group pulled out of the area early last week after an intensive, nine-day effort that was done with the blessing of local law enforcement.

There are no new leads, but Duvall said volunteers feel called to keep looking for the missing 19-year-old Southern Union State Community College student.

“She’s tugging at our hearts, so it’s tough to sit still and wait,” she said.“

—-
I would like to know why they left the first time. I am no way critizing them. I hold them in my highest regards. Just curious.

I would like to know why they left the first time. I am no way critizing them. I hold them in my highest regards. Just curious.

I wonder if the investigators can give them any new leads with the gag order in place. I wonder how much that limits the investigators. Does 'not talking about the case' include not speaking with Equusearch?

If so, this may have frustrated Equusearch initially - so they stepped away. But they have now decided to continue their search, regardless. Perhaps Aniah's family have spoken with Equusearch.

It is hard to know what goes on behind the scene.

I wonder if the investigators can give them any new leads with the gag order in place. I wonder how much that limits the investigators. Does 'not talking about the case' include not speaking with Equusearch?

If so, this may have frustrated Equusearch initially - so they stepped away. But they have now decided to continue their search, regardless. Perhaps Aniah's family have spoken with Equusearch.

Wondering if a geographic profiler has been brought in?

The gag order specifically said don’t talk to the media. So LE should be able to pass on leads to EquiSearch.

The gag order specifically said don’t talk to the media. So LE should be able to pass on leads to EquiSearch.
Correct but maybe Equusearch can’t tell the media if they do in fact have a new lead. Or maybe Dr. Phil helped renew their resources. Who knows. Glad they are back and hope they find her soon.

Wondering if a geographic profiler has been brought in?

Yes, it is very possible - maybe even probable - that someone with that expertise has volunteered their services.

As Momof4RN said, the Dr Phil show appearance would have put the word out nationwide - and Dr Phil did say/insinuate he would do whatever he could to assist.

One thing I find frustrating is the gag order. It would be more understandable to me if Aniah had been found. But she’s still out there somewhere. And the more media coverage the better to try to find. Especially IF she is still alive. But even if she isn’t it’s important to keep the case in the forefront. The media is the biggest resource you can have in a missing person case. So I find it surprising that a judge would sign off on this so early.

One thing I find frustrating is the gag order. It would be more understandable to me if Aniah had been found. But she’s still out there somewhere. And the more media coverage the better to try to find. Especially IF she is still alive. But even if she isn’t it’s important to keep the case in the forefront. The media is the biggest resource you can have in a missing person case. So I find it surprising that a judge would sign off on this so early.

Me too. Especially the one that was put on her mom and Walt (step father) recently. They have not really said much of anything in the media because as they said the LE are being tight lipped about it even to them.

There is absolutely no reason that LE can't share leads with Texas Equusearch. Tim Miller and his group work WITH law enforcement in all their searches. They met with LE about the case and will return next weekend. The next search could possibly be in a different area, maybe due to another lead from LE.
It has nothing to do with any gag order. I'm not sure why there seems to be a misunderstanding about this. Teaxs Equusearch did not leave because they were frustrated. They completed their search and went home....back to their lives, their jobs,their families. These people are volunteers and depend on donations to operate. They can't stay anywhere indefinitely, and they try not to waste time and resources.

The judge, the prosecutor and the defense attorney do not want to try the case in the media and taint witnesses and the jury. They do not want witnesses posting things on social media. That's the purpose of the gag order.....to protect the case, and hopefully keep from having an expensive change of venue. In high profile cases it can become a huge media circus and that can affect the outcome of the trial.

This is my first comment on this site. This is how I think it all played out, but is my opinion only:

I think it was a planned crime (robbery, carjacking and/or rape) but the victim was random. In one of IY’s prior robberies, he only got $40 from someone so there isn’t a huge wealth criteria to be his victim (this makes sense because Aniah wasn’t carrying a purse, drove a “normal” car and may not have appeared super wealthy).

Yazeed was possibly staying in a local hotel or w/ friends/other gang members. He either (a) walked to the Chevron OR (b) he and a friend drove the grey car. IY saw AB and decided she would be the victim and he forced her into her car at Chevron.

A witness saw the kidnapping. It was possibly the person in the grey car (assuming (a) above). They left the store before going inside. Cashier saw the grey car and AB’s car leave. He/she assumed IY was in the grey car b/c maybe he was the only other customer in the store at that time. This accounts for the first reports of IY leaving in a grey car. OR (if (b) above) the friend left in the grey car, and again, it was assumed that IY was driving. OR the witness was the cashier (LE said witness was outside to protect cashier’s identity) or it was just someone driving by/stopped at a light. Who it was really isn’t important, just trying to account for the mysterious grey car.

IY took AB to where he was staying or to a deserted location (friend possibly followed in grey car). During the drive, she fought, he hit something and it caused the car damage.

Snapchat messages – AB got a message from her roommate and AB told him she needed to text back or the roommate would call her parents. IY didn’t want to alert her friend so he let AB text her back. AB texted back with cryptic message about “Eric” knowing her roommate would not know that name and/or would think it is unusual. This would not alert IY to anything but could possibly alert suspicion in her roommate. Roommate said she was going to bed and AB knew her hint didn’t work. “I’m so, so sorry. I love you too” could actually be a message to her family (something that wouldn’t be too obvious for IY). Her phone was then turned off.

Within one hour, she was beaten, robbed and/or raped (possibly by more than IY) in Auburn. Perhaps, IY discovered her step-dad is a pro-fighter. Instead of leaving her alive (as in the other cases), he panicked and thought he needed to kill her so she couldn’t identify him. Or maybe her beating was so bad that it killed her unintentionally. Or maybe he killed her on purpose.

He put her in the passenger seat in her car and drove toward Montgomery (friend possibly followed in grey car). She was dumped in the forest on the way to Montgomery or in the Alabama River (I believe there was a former victim that never came forward who was threatened with being thrown in the AL River). He left her car at an apartment complex. A friend picked him up or he went with the friend in the grey car.
Hi and Welcome to Websleuths! I have been going back through posts to see if there were details I missed and I came across your first post. This is a great first post! Your theories seem very plausible. I have been wondering what could have happened in that hour time frame and her being taken to some place he was staying or familiar with seems like a pretty good explanation. Your theory of the peculiar Snapchat tho eerie does seem to ring true. Thank you for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa