Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

IMO the charge that includes kidnapping says she was seen being forced into the car because they have to prove he took her against her will (kidnapping), but the murder in vehicle charge does not include the "forced" part because they don't have to prove she was taken against her will on that charge. Just that he murdered her in her vehicle.
They both say "interacting" now. That was my edit. the kidnapping doc originally signed 12/2 was altered and signed on 12/4

They both say "interacting" now. That was my edit. the kidnapping doc originally signed 12/2 was altered and signed on 12/4
The capital murder affidavit is titled document 4. It also just says “capital murder”. The witness statement was removed because they no longer needed it to show cause IY committed murder. It doesn’t mean the witness or his statement no longer exists or never happened. There was sworn testimony to it in the first hearing. It’s in the files and will be presented as evidence along with all the other evidence we haven’t heard yet. They are going to do what they can to protect the identity of that witness for as long as they can. IMO

The capital murder affidavit is titled document 4. It also just says “capital murder”. The witness statement was removed because they no longer needed it to show cause IY committed murder. It doesn’t mean the witness or his statement no longer exists or never happened. There was sworn testimony to it in the first hearing. It’s in the files and will be presented as evidence along with all the other evidence we haven’t heard yet. They are going to do what they can to protect the identity of that witness for as long as they can. IMO
The document named "Document 4" was updated with the "interacting" language. It says "Capital Murder" on the first page, but in the description says murder while kidnapping.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11ea-b1c8-2b7646d21a52/5de82d45dafb2.pdf.pdf

The document named "Document 4" was updated with the "interacting" language. It says "Capital Murder" on the first page, but in the description says murder while kidnapping.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-11ea-b1c8-2b7646d21a52/5de82d45dafb2.pdf.pdf
Yes but the kidnapping affidavit has already been long filed (Assuming that is one of the documents 1-3) There wasn’t altering or changes to that affidavit. This is a new affidavit for new added charges of capital murder to show probable cause IY committed capital murder. Again they did not need to show just cause for kidnapping again. The judge already ruled there was probable cause on the kidnapping charge and sent the case to the grand jury. Now the judge has ruled there is probable cause that IY committed Capital murder. IMO

Yes but the kidnapping affidavit has already been long filed (Assuming that is one of the documents 1-3) There wasn’t altering or changes to that affidavit. This is a new affidavit for new added charges of capital murder to show probable cause IY committed capital murder. Again they did not need to show just cause for kidnapping again. The judge already ruled there was probable cause on the kidnapping charge and sent the case to the grand jury. Now the judge has ruled there is probable cause that IY committed Capital murder. IMO
there was a kidnapping/murder affidavit signed on 12/2. There is also a kidnapping/murder affidavit signed on 12/4 with the updated language. Two days apart. I don't know the legal reasons for making this change, but it was made in that two day period.

This is just all my opinion but they already showed probable cause that a kidnapping occurred. Bringing in the witness statement of kidnapping wasn’t in this affidavit because they didn’t need it to show probable cause that he murdered her in her vehicle. They would have risked having to identify the witness at this second hearing. As the DA said in the first hearing the identity of the first witness will be disclosed at trial. I’m pretty certain we’ll hear what he witnessed again then.
ETA:The State doesn’t have to prove anything in these affidavits. They only have to show that they have good reason to believe the crime likely happened. The proof comes out during the trial. IMO
I agree they already showed probable cause for the kidnapping first degree. This next part is where I get confused...the kidnapping first was one charge - probable cause affidavit says forced. But the capital murder kidnapping & capital murder shooting in a vehicle are two different charges...In those probable cause affidavits they left the witness part in there they just changed it to say interacting (which is why I think it’s so strange). If they are continuing to charge with murder kidnapping, why did they not need to leave the part about the witness seeing her being forced in the vehicle against her will? Another thing...I’m no lawyer by any means but I don’t understand the purpose of changing it...the witness said what they said? Sorry I’m a little hung up on this but I feel like there’s a large difference between “interacting at her vehicle” & “forcing her in her vehicle against her will.”

there was a kidnapping/murder affidavit signed on 12/2. There is also a kidnapping/murder affidavit signed on 12/4 with the updated language. Two days apart. I don't know the legal reasons for making this change, but it was made in that two day period.
Yazeed was charged with the first count of capital murder on Monday. The second count was served against him Wednesday while he was in court. The two counts are for Blanchard’s death during a kidnapping and for her death occurring inside a motor vehicle.
Suspect in Aniah Blanchard case faces second capital murder charge
There are 2 different capital murder affidavits. The first he was served on Monday 12/2. The second he was served in court on Wednesday 12/4. Both of these are separate to his kidnapping affidavit that was served and filed and ruled upon back in November.

Having been discussing this...if you go back & watch the cute little outburst IY had in court, I believe this is the point he’s trying to make in all his broken English. Idk whether that makes him smarter than I thought or makes me an idiot lol

Yazeed was charged with the first count of capital murder on Monday. The second count was served against him Wednesday while he was in court. The two counts are for Blanchard’s death during a kidnapping and for her death occurring inside a motor vehicle.
There are 2 different capital murder affidavits. The first he was served on Monday 12/2. The second he was served in court on Wednesday 12/4. Both of these are separate to his kidnapping affidavit that was served and filed and ruled upon back in November.
I think what @jnm73 is saying is that the first one was altered after 12/2? Idk I’m just guessing that’s what they’re saying...I haven’t looked at them yet...either way, if they left the part in there about a witness in the second affidavit, why even then would they change it...the witness said what they said..seems to me like changing it would make the “in her vehicle” harder to prove...

ETA: the link that was posted to the kidnapping affidavit is signed on 12/4 & does only refer to causing death while kidnapping & has the language changed...I had a second to go look at it.

I agree they already showed probable cause for the kidnapping first degree. This next part is where I get confused...the kidnapping first was one charge - probable cause affidavit says forced. But the capital murder kidnapping & capital murder shooting in a vehicle are two different charges...In those probable cause affidavits they left the witness part in there they just changed it to say interacting (which is why I think it’s so strange). If they are continuing to charge with murder kidnapping, why did they not need to leave the part about the witness seeing her being forced in the vehicle against her will? Another thing...I’m no lawyer by any means but I don’t understand the purpose of changing it...the witness said what they said? Sorry I’m a little hung up on this but I feel like there’s a large difference between “interacting at her vehicle” & “forcing her in her vehicle against her will.”
It states a witness saw Yazeed interacting with Blanchard near her vehicle in front of the convenience store where she was last seen. A previous affidavit related to Yazeed’s kidnapping charge said a witness identified Yazeed as the person he saw “forcing Blanchard into a vehicle against her will and then leaving with her in the vehicle.” It’s unclear if that was the same witness.
Because it could have been a different witness describing the interacting. Perhaps the same witness who gave other information that is also in the affidavit. IMO

I think what @jnm73 is saying is that the first one was altered after 12/2? Idk I’m just guessing that’s what they’re saying...I haven’t looked at them yet...either way, if they left the part in there about a witness in the second affidavit, why even then would they change it...the witness said what they said..seems to me like changing it would make the “in her vehicle” harder to prove...

ETA: the link that was posted to the kidnapping affidavit is signed on 12/4 & does only refer to causing death while kidnapping & has the language changed...I had a second to go look at it.
Yes. that is exactly what I am saying. There are two versions of the murder/kidnapping affidavit. One on 12/2, the other on 12/4. 12/2 = forced. 12/4 = interacting.

It states a witness saw Yazeed interacting with Blanchard near her vehicle in front of the convenience store where she was last seen. A previous affidavit related to Yazeed’s kidnapping charge said a witness identified Yazeed as the person he saw “forcing Blanchard into a vehicle against her will and then leaving with her in the vehicle.” It’s unclear if that was the same witness.

Because it could have been a different witness describing the interacting. Perhaps the same witness who gave other information that is also in the affidavit. IMO
Yeah...either a separate witness or the media combining the two affidavits... I truly believe the second witness for other info is DJiii IMO. I really don’t think he was involved until he drove IY to FL IMO. But that does beg the question whether someone else was with IY at the gas station...

Also, I completely understand what you’re saying :) ...the part that gets me is in order to charge with capital murder kidnapping, why wouldn’t they still need the probable cause for the kidnapping in the affidavit.

There are a total of three:
Please see uploaded pdf as well as this link to the updated murder/kidnapping

Attachments

• Capital Murder - Kidnapping & Vehicle.pdf
    324.5 KB · Views: 6
Also, I completely understand what you’re saying :) ...the part that gets me is in order to charge with capital murder kidnapping, why wouldn’t they still need the probable cause for the kidnapping in the affidavit.
Also, the news article is talking about the kidnapping charge back in November. This is completely independent of the murder/kidnapping affidavit which was changed. News media has a way of confusing language.

“Ya’ll have no video, no audio of me shooting anyone,” Yazeed claimed. “That’s what I’m trying to see how ya’ll gonna bind me over on hearsay but ya’ll ain’t present no evidence then now this a whole different statement.” Suspect in Aniah Blanchard death has outburst in court

Interesting how he seems pretty confident on this point, but doesn't say there's no video or audio of him kidnapping anyone.

"The New York Daily News reported that Alabama authorities talked to a witness who said that Yazeed confessed to shooting the Southern Union State College student after she reached for his gun and the witness also claimed to have seen Blanchard’s car in Yazeed’s driveway."

BBM. I hadn't seen this detail before. If true, this means he took her car to his house prior to dumping it at the apartments?

Having been discussing this...if you go back & watch the cute little outburst IY had in court, I believe this is the point he’s trying to make in all his broken English. Idk whether that makes him smarter than I thought or makes me an idiot lol
I don’t think it makes him smarter than you thought, just experienced.

“Ya’ll have no video, no audio of me shooting anyone,” Yazeed claimed. “That’s what I’m trying to see how ya’ll gonna bind me over on hearsay but ya’ll ain’t present no evidence then now this a whole different statement.” Suspect in Aniah Blanchard death has outburst in court

Interesting how he seems pretty confident on this point, but doesn't say there's no video or audio of him kidnapping anyone.

"The New York Daily News reported that Alabama authorities talked to a witness who said that Yazeed confessed to shooting the Southern Union State College student after she reached for his gun and the witness also claimed to have seen Blanchard’s car in Yazeed’s driveway."

BBM. I hadn't seen this detail before. If true, this means he took her car to his house prior to dumping it at the apartments?
I haven’t seen anywhere that it was specifically IY’s driveway. Just that it was a residence I think...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back