ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for this info to come out, sadly. There were some little comments that made me wonder about substance abuse...and I found some things on her daughter who seems to be quite a wild child and has had her own issues with the law. Feel terrible for her now as her mother who she seemed close to is gone and hope she has a good support system to get through this. Really sad story honestly.

I found this same information yesterday while looking around trying to find updates. You could tell from photos that home life was rough :( My hope is that this brings a better path versus going deeper in.

I think the family was very brave and honest in making her struggles public via the media. Millions of people suffer from depression and substance abuse issues...they are not issues that should always be kept secret...awareness may help others recognize such issues within their own families. And suicide is one of the growing causes of death in the US yet still barely discussed.
Jmo

Agree 100%. It seems her family IS talking to media and I applaud them so much. Instead of rumors running, they have faced the truth head on. Even though it's very sad information, it's so honest and I don't think bad of her at all for what was published, I feel sad that she continued to battle her demons and possibly was not able to overcome them.

Missing Richmond woman struggled with mental health, substance abuse

“We’ve come to terms with the fact that we have to face the reality that Anneliese is gone,” her father, Christopher Heinig, said in an interview.

My heart hit the pit of my stomach when I read that statement. How terribly sad.
I don’t know if I could come to terms with that/say that until I knew for sure my child was gone. (MOO)

BBM

Me either. But it sounds like the family has been through the ringer with her and they just know.

So sad and I worry about her kids. I hope she is found quickly if she is indeed deceased so they can at least have closure.

I dunno. I don’t want to believe it was suicide but even her family believes she’s gone by her own will. Know what I mean?

It has bothered me all along that out of the hundreds of people who had to have traveled that area at that time of day, that only one person saw her, the tow truck driver. What are the odds? But, I’m back to many of the other indicators that it was self harm/suicide.

Once again, I had a suicide in my family, I do not use the term lightly. I saw first hand the devastation it causes. I know all the guilt and guessing that goes on with family members later as to why they didn’t see it, why they didn’t do more, why they couldn’t stop it. It’s painful. I’ve lived with it for years and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. IME

BBM

Could it be she quickly walked down off the highway to the water? Maybe she was only visible walking for a very short time and that’s when she was seen? That’s been an odd thing from the beginning for me, but it could be explainable. Maybe she walked further away before doing whatever she did and she’s not in that immediate area?

I think the family was very brave and honest in making her struggles public via the media. Millions of people suffer from depression and substance abuse issues...they are not issues that should always be kept secret...awareness may help others recognize such issues within their own families. And suicide is one of the growing causes of death in the US yet still barely discussed.
Jmo

The family only acknowledged after media got the info vie FOIA filings, and confronted the family with it. Then her father offered some replies.

Besides the tow truck driver, is there any indication that she didn't leave the vehicle much earlier? LE and/or family has the info about her FB postings and cell phone pings, but we don't...

There have been cases here where the missing person was not found for months or even longer, even when they were right there all the time, in an area already searched. One woman, a few years ago, was something like 30 yards from her front door, another (a suicide) on her own land and not found for a year. And water can be especially tricky...sometimes people are found right away, sometimes months later...
Jmo

BBM

Could it be she quickly walked down off the highway to the water? Maybe she was only visible walking for a very short time and that’s when she was seen? That’s been an odd thing from the beginning for me, but it could be explainable. Maybe she walked further away before doing whatever she did and she’s not in that immediate area?

With the big snowstorm we had last week, she could have been in quite a visible place but invisible under the snowbanks. We've had quite a bit of warm rain over the last couple of days and much if not all of the snow has melted; I'm hoping maybe now they can find her.

I struggle with depression that comes and goes. In a bad time, all I can think is how everybody would be better off if I wasn't there screwing up their lives. It helps when something like this reminds me how untrue that feeling is.

I am so sorry to hear of AH's struggles. It does sound like self-harm was a real possibility in this case. Regardless I hope they can find a body if that is the case so the family can have closure and put sweet Anneliese to rest. There are still a few questions that make this case strange, and I hope LE can find out all the answers soon.

Mental illness is a b****. Add in drugs and constant interactions with the police and I'll bet the family is both heartbroken and exhausted. It's very taxing to deal with someone like that, even when you love them. Worse, still, she remains missing so no resolution until it's found out what happened. Thank God her little boy is with his daddy. The 16 year old is in for a rough road and she looks to be living in the fast lane, already.

Just catching up and read the news story. Wow, very through, although I winced at some of the details they included. To see such an intimate account of the struggles she faced must be heartbreaking to her family.

I agree with everything you state Artis, and hope the family immediately gets intervention for her daughter. She needs help now.

With the big snowstorm we had last week, she could have been in quite a visible place but invisible under the snowbanks. We've had quite a bit of warm rain over the last couple of days and much if not all of the snow has melted; I'm hoping maybe now they can find her.

I struggle with depression that comes and goes. In a bad time, all I can think is how everybody would be better off if I wasn't there screwing up their lives. It helps when something like this reminds me how untrue that feeling is.

Carbuff, HUGS!! You are one of my favorite contributors on Websleuths. We are here for you anytime you need us!!

Oh my heart. Things make more sense now.

Full disclosure: I am 11 years sober but struggled with terrible PTSD, depression, anxiety, and substance abuse for years after a particularly traumatic incident at a young age left me without the tools or support to cope. PTSD and depression still rear their persistent heads. When I read stories like AH’s, I am reminded that that could so easily have been me. My heart hurts terribly for her snd how she must have been feeling, and even more so for her family knowing what they’re going through.

I hope she found the peace she was seeking.

I've battled depression for most of my life and also have PTSD. I hear you. While I lucked out on not getting the gene for becoming an addict, some of my loved ones had (passed on) or do have it. So many people in pain :(

Depression and addiction are real. Sometimes they go hand in hand. People with depression will self medicate to try to feel normal and to not feel the emotional pain all the time.

A good therapist will work wonders. Plus a willingness to get better. Anneliese tried treatment and while it seemed to help in the short term, in the long term, it wasn’t enough for her.

She had demons that she fought daily. She lost the battle. That’s the sad truth of depression and addiction. It happens to way too many. IME

Perspective - we see how huge the ripples are that go out when someone is gone especially in this manner. So many are affected. You are needed!

I've battled depression for most of my life and also have PTSD. I hear you. While I lucked out on not getting the gene for becoming an addict, some of my loved ones had (passed on) or do have it. So many people in pain :(
I’m so sorry. It truly is a battle but the alternative is much worse even on the days, weeks, or months that it doesn’t feel like it. There is always a light...it’s just trusting it’s there when you can’t see it.

I’m so sorry. It truly is a battle but the alternative is much worse even on the days, weeks, or months that it doesn’t feel like it. There is always a light...it’s just trusting it’s there when you can’t see it.

Back atchya, Beth.

I think when people commit suicide that they are not in their right minds and depression makes people vulnerable to that seriously faulty thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member