NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #6 *Parents chgd w/Murder*

Sandy plead guilty!
Adoptive father pleads guilty to killing Erica Parsons :: WRAL.com
“Sandy Parsons pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, felony child abuse, concealment of a death and obstruction of justice. As part of a plea deal, he avoids a possible death sentence but could serve up to 53 years in prison, according to NBC affiliate WCNC.”

Thanks, @MsMarple -- I was just about to cite that article here.
Yes, he's now our (the People of the State of North Carolina) guest and let's hope it's for the rest of his monstrous life. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Let's hope his buds in prison are planning a nice welcome for him.

Here's an article from the area where all this took place, and here, from this article is his sentence:
"He was sentenced to serve between 33 and 43.5 years in prison on the charges, which included murder, child abuse, concealment of death and obstruction of justice."

Sandy Parsons pleads guilty in murder of Erica Parsons
Erica Parsons died 9 years ago to the day
By David Whisenant | December 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM EST - Updated December 17 at 2:00 PM
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - The marker on the grave of Erica Parsons lists the date of her death as December 17, 2011. On December 17, 2019, her adoptive father pleaded guilty in the case, ending eight years of speculation, denials, and determined work by investigators.
Sandy Parsons, the adoptive father of Erica Parsons, pleaded guilty in Rowan County Criminal Superior Court on Tuesday. He was sentenced to serve between 33 and 43.5 years in prison on the charges, which included murder, child abuse, concealment of death and obstruction of justice.
Read more here:
Sandy Parsons pleads guilty in murder of Erica Parsons

Last edited:
This is probably in the wrong Thread, but I don’t know where else to put it. I’m trying to see if there are any updates about a particular case.

A teenage girl went missing maybe about 6 years ago. I think she was in a foster situation, or maybe had been adopted. She was treated poorly and then ‘disappeared’ suddenly. The other children in the home were not permitted to speak about her.

I’m thinking it may have been in the Northeast part of the US. The parents were breeding dogs to sell- that I’m sure of. I think law enforcement dug up the back yard of the property, and possibly some other spots on the grand parents property. I think they all lived in the same town.

There was a younger brother and a few other siblings. I think the parents had gotten arrested but nothing could be proven against them. I think the mom was chubby and had blonde hair.

They lived in a very nice house, with a lovely green lawn. They might have had an above ground pool.

At the time, pretty much everyone felt that the parents murdered the quiet teenager. I think the younger brother saw or heard something.

Wish I could remember more. Does this case ring a bell with anyone?

Hey! I'm waving from Ozarkistan!

There was a missing foster/adopted teen in Iowa, found deceased, foster/adoptive parents charged?

This it?

Hey! I'm waving from Ozarkistan!

There was a missing foster/adopted teen in Iowa, found deceased, foster/adoptive parents charged?

This it?
Offhand, it doesn’t ring a bell. It was quite a while ago. Do you remember a name? I might know it if someone could provide more details.

Thanks for the info, Laughing! I found the article you are referring to. It sounds so similar. But I don’t think they ever found a body in the case I’m looking for.

If I can think of more details, or if I remember that this was the girl, I’ll post again.

Thanks for these links! Everything about that Sabrina Ray case seems so familiar- the adoptive parents, the pic of the girl, the siblings ... The only problem is that the girl I’m looking for was never found. I believe they were following up on leads for possibly 3 or 4 years.

I remember the house was a one story- maybe white- and quite separated from neighbors. Either few, or no trees on the property. I think the doghouse was on the front lawn, maybe near the very wide driveway. I think the house was brand new.

There are way too many of these types of cases. Authorities are not looking out for our children. Disgraceful!

I can’t remember. I thought it was the Northeast somewhere, but it could have been the Midwest. At the time it was a hot topic on this site.

Sort of sounds like Aundria Bowman but her remains were recovered and she'd been missing from Michigan since 1989.

Found Deceased - MI - Aundria Michelle Bowman, 14, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father arrested*

Allegan County woman tells court her husband admitted to burying their daughter's remains

From the Des Moines Register-
“The starved 16-year-old was found unresponsive at home on May 12, 2017.”

Everything seems so similar, but the girl’s body was not found. That’s why the State couldn’t make any charges stick. They dug up the back yard and checked a shed on the grandparent’s property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back