TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the main thing I can't get my head around. She was there when Heidi gave birth to Margo. It's possible the whole time she was there, she was imagining that baby being hers and thinking about how she was going to take her. Absolutely horrific to think about. All MOO, speculation. :( Edit: typo
I recall reading she was in the delivery room w/Silas (not Margo).

Last edited:
I've been following this case from the beginning off WS but haven't had a chance to read or post anything...and just spent a few hours catching up..

The woman arrested has a nice home...and seems to be creating a "picture perfect" family with a baby? Where's the "dad"? Possible suspect #2?

Could LE have been watching M and made the anonymous call? My guess is they have had info on her from day 1?

What a horrible ending to this case...My prayers to Heidi's family and friends, especially her fiancé and children,

Has there been any news about where the murder actually occurred? Do we know if it happened in Austin or elsewhere?

I don't have time to look for sources right now, but in my opinion if the murder charge ends up in Harris County instead of Travis, the death penalty conversation completely flips.

@gitana1 If a crime begins in one jurisdiction, and ends in another, does the initial jurisdiction have control over all charges? I'm thinking it does, due to a recent abduction etc of a young girl who went to another state.

I've been following this case from the beginning off WS but haven't had a chance to read or post anything...and just spent a few hours catching up..

The woman arrested has a nice home...and seems to be creating a "picture perfect" family with a baby? Where's the "dad"? Possible suspect #2?

Could LE have been watching M and made the anonymous call? My guess is they have had info on her from day 1?

What a horrible ending to this case...My prayers to Heidi's family and friends, especially her fiancé and children,
These type of crimes are getting more common.... :(

Baby M will be inconsolable. One third of her entire life has been mayhem and madness already and afraid and without her mom. Heartache!
Baby Margo probably had bonded with Heidi, and was inconsolable the first few days after being stolen away from her! Now, she's probably bonded with the kidnapper, esp if she figured out a way to breastfeed. This poor little baby--you are so right SCHMAE, mayhem and chaos.

I was on the fence throughout all of this ( which I have previously posted a few times) and the reason why was because of his interviews. I am also guilty though since I was looking for that 1 piece that would push me from one side to the other. I could see both sides. With that being said, this is a discussion board, that's what brings us here. We discuss possibilities. I have been wrong many times. There are rules here for that reason. I don't agree with the posters who are "shaming" others for their thoughts.

With that being said, this case is just getting started. I'm sure more charges will be in the near future.

To the families- I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray that all of you can come together and raise those beautiful babies together. Prayers to all of you.
As I posted a few threads back, I was wrong one time, I refused to climb on the bandwagon in a case. No matter what others said, I was not convinced the father murdered his son. I did not believe either ex wife, I thought they had an ax to grind. I stood on that to the bitter end, when the child’s remains were found two miles up a mountain road that his dad could see from his front porch. I felt terrible. Since then, I’ve been very care not to jump on the obvious side, but not be blind to the idea, the obvious isn’t the correct answer.

I have a heightened sense of guilt. When I have wronged someone, I get no peace. For me, I have to admit I am wrong, then move on. I admire those who don’t have to do that. JMO

@gitana1 If a crime begins in one jurisdiction, and ends in another, does the initial jurisdiction have control over all charges? I'm thinking it does, due to a recent abduction etc of a young girl who went to another state.

Transporting someone across a state line for sure. Also anything that happens on state and federal land, parks, etc. can create jurisdiction issues. Hard to know at this point.

@gitana1 If a crime begins in one juristiction, and ends in another, does the initial jurisdiction have control over all charges? I'm thinking it does, due to a recent abduction etc of a young girl who went to another state.
Feds gave Austin the case so I think it is considered their juristiction this time...key word being "I think"

Firing squad. For this case. Nothing short of the DP.

I had a friend with me when I had my son. She was my labor coach and is my son's Godmother. If anyone would have told me she would kill me to kidnap my son, I would have laughed at them. I can't even begin to imagine what Heidi must have been thinking as this happened.

I'm going to miss the presser. Hopefully someone will transcribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member