Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a really old article on Chad from 1999:

LDS author uses the past to influence the future in new book

March 17, 1999

Some people find their inspiration in the present. Others find it digging in the past.

Chad Daybell lives to roam and write the past. Previously a copy editor for the Standard Examiner in Ogden, Daybell now spends his afternoons as a cemetery sexton.

Yet, even with the switch in jobs from one focusing on writing to one with very little writing, Daybell continues to write and has recently published his first book, “An Errand for Emma,” which he will be signing copies of Thursday in the BYU Bookstore.

Daybell has always enjoyed writing and earned his undergraduate degree in journalism from BYU. He also worked at the Daily Universe while attending BYU. So why the switch from journalism to one that involves little writing?

“I mainly switched jobs because my work at the newspaper was high-demand, high-stress, poor hours and I was deserting my family,” Daybell said.

Daybell said he worked for Evergreen Cemetery in Springville while attending BYU and enjoyed the part-time job. He then kept his eye on the sexton position and knew when it was rumored to be available.

High stress and high demand aren’t the only reasons Daybell quit his previous job.

“When I worked at the newspaper I was in front of a computer all day,” Daybell said. “At the end of the day, I wouldn’t feel like writing.”

Daybell said his job now is purely physical, so at the end of the day he feels like writing.

Daybell’s newfound enjoyment has paid off with the publication of “An Errand for Emma.”

Read more about the book at the link: LDS author uses the past to influence the future in new book - The Daily Universe

This gives some of Chad's past jobs and ambitions. Based on the description of the book he wrote in 1999 it seems that Chad's books didn't start out as being end-times prophecy type books. I wonder when he made a shift to cult-like stuff?

Family of missing children say mother Lori Vallow 'joined cult'

~snip

Brandon Boudreaux (pictured), who married into Lori Vallow's family in 2008, has said he doesn't think its a coincidence that two of her previous husbands, her new husband's ex-wife and her brother have all died since she allegedly joined a dangerous religious cult.

'I spent the last 11 years of my life spending time with Lori and her now-deceased husband Charles,' Boudreaux told Fox13.

'I don't know what happened to those kids, but I know there's people who do, and they’re not talking… I love them both. I hope they're safe. They're both just innocent and they didn't deserve to be involved in any of this.'

Boudreaux said his wife Melani, Lori's niece, followed her aunt in joining a 'cult' with Chad, a self-proclaimed Latter-day Saint author who has written books detailing the end of the world, around 18 months ago.

'You can't be a member of the church and believe those things,' Boudreaux said of the cult.

'I think it's an infatuation with the end of the world and an infatuation with power, and they're using it to try to make money off of people's beliefs.

'It just makes you sad. A lot of people I care about aren't here anymore because of these ideas.'

Boudreaux said his wife Melani, Lori's niece, followed her aunt in joining a 'cult' with Chad, a self-proclaimed Latter-day Saint author who has written books detailing the end of the world, around 18 months ago. Boudreaux and Melani are pictured at their wedding in 2008.

Boudreaux accused Melani of trying to kill him 'a couple months ago'. He said she was using her family's newfound religious beliefs to justify taking his life.

Boudreaux said he does not think it is a coincidence that so many people close to Lori and Chad have died within such a short amount of time.

His suspicion is driven by the fact that he believes his now ex-wife Melani used her family's newfound religious beliefs to justify killing him.

~snip

More at link:

Attachments

• E389D99B-0A10-4332-9757-34FB997A904B.jpeg
    E389D99B-0A10-4332-9757-34FB997A904B.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 115
  • 69F7860F-3786-480F-9252-38035E3774C0.jpeg
    69F7860F-3786-480F-9252-38035E3774C0.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 53B44FD3-3589-43BB-B8FD-F7E4DA5440E4.jpeg
    53B44FD3-3589-43BB-B8FD-F7E4DA5440E4.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 103
Another older article on Chad's books:

'Paradise' lost book battle
Deseret Book decides not to stock new LDS novel

By Deseret News Mar 18, 2003, 10:11am MST

SPRINGVILLE — On page 99 of Chad Daybell's new book, "Chasing Paradise," a warrior angel swoops in, plucks up a naughty spirit by the nape of her neck and drop-kicks her through the wall.

Daybell says that by then, readers are happy to see the troublesome "Ruby" banished.

Unfortunately for Daybell, that same scene has booted his novel off the shelves at Deseret Book stores.

Daybell said he was told last week that Deseret Book buyer Sarah Hoffman found the passage "irreverent" and therefore unsuitable for sale by the chain, which recently announced a sweeping clean-up policy for its merchandise.

Daybell — who has several books including the popular "Tiny Talks" books in Deseret Book stores — was shocked.

"As the managing editor of Cedar Fort publishing, it's part of my job to watch for offensive material," Daybell said. "I certainly didn't think my own novel would fall into that category."

Daybell said Deseret Book's reaction has him confused.

[...]

Daybell said he could edit out the offending sequence about the warrior, but that wouldn't make him happy.

"The passage is based on an actual event," he said. "My Young Men's president was killed in an automobile accident and two years later, his nephew was attacked by evil spirits on his mission to Brazil. Chris (the dead president) showed up and fought off the evil spirits and led the missionaries to safety."

Daybell said he feels unfairly and arbitrarily singled out because one employee disliked one passage in the story.

"That's the main reason I'm publicly objecting," he said. "I didn't want to let this die because it feels so subjective. Is this the new standard, no swearing, no sex and, now, no conflict? If this is the new standard, LDS novelists might as well put away their word processors because potentially anything can come under fire."

[...]

Daybell, a Brigham Young University graduate in journalism, has written four other books. One is based on stories he came across as he worked as the sexton for the Springville City Cemetery.

"I knew enough not to submit that one to Deseret Book," he said.

"Youth of Zion," based on the lives of LDS Church prophets, and a trilogy based on Emma Smith, along with "Tiny Talks," are all available through Deseret Book.

'Paradise' lost book battle

This article says he lives in Rexburg?
"Brandon Boudreaux, a Rexburg resident who married into Lori Vallow's family, told KSTU that he believes the disappearances may be related to Chad Daybell's "cult"-like religious beliefs, which he said focused on the end of the world."
FBI says missing brother and sister in Idaho in serious danger, mother and stepfather not cooperating

Hmm. It also says:

"I spent the last 11 years of my life spending time with Lori and her now-deceased husband Charles," Boudreaux told KSTU.

I don't think there has been any sign that Lori and Charles had any tie to Rexburg for that long. I found Brandon on Facebook (he's a friend of Tylee's and his most recent public post is about the missing kids). It says he is from American Fork, UT, but it shows him starting a "new job" in March as the owner of an insurance agency in Gilbert, AZ. So I'm leaning toward him being there and Newsweek getting it wrong. Moo.

~snip

Brandon Boudreaux (pictured), who married into Lori Vallow's family in 2008, has said he doesn't think its a coincidence that two of her previous husbands, her new husband's ex-wife and her brother have all died since she allegedly joined a dangerous religious cult.

'I spent the last 11 years of my life spending time with Lori and her now-deceased husband Charles,' Boudreaux told Fox13.

'I don't know what happened to those kids, but I know there's people who do, and they’re not talking… I love them both. I hope they're safe. They're both just innocent and they didn't deserve to be involved in any of this.'

Boudreaux said his wife Melani, Lori's niece, followed her aunt in joining a 'cult' with Chad, a self-proclaimed Latter-day Saint author who has written books detailing the end of the world, around 18 months ago.

'You can't be a member of the church and believe those things,' Boudreaux said of the cult.

'I think it's an infatuation with the end of the world and an infatuation with power, and they're using it to try to make money off of people's beliefs.

'It just makes you sad. A lot of people I care about aren't here anymore because of these ideas.'

Boudreaux said his wife Melani, Lori's niece, followed her aunt in joining a 'cult' with Chad, a self-proclaimed Latter-day Saint author who has written books detailing the end of the world, around 18 months ago. Boudreaux and Melani are pictured at their wedding in 2008.

Boudreaux accused Melani of trying to kill him 'a couple months ago'. He said she was using her family's newfound religious beliefs to justify taking his life.

Boudreaux said he does not think it is a coincidence that so many people close to Lori and Chad have died within such a short amount of time.

His suspicion is driven by the fact that he believes his now ex-wife Melani used her family's newfound religious beliefs to justify killing him.

~snip

More at link:

Wow, so this Daybell character who writes books now believes that murder is okay? He has a line of dead people in his wake. These are dangerous people. IMO

My question about where Brandon lives, relates to Tylee's car. If, in fact, he's right. Her car didn't disappear with her. Or she's hiding when she isn't shooting at people. JMO
The same anon relative who mentioned (in a GH's interview) that Tylee's car was used also said that someone who looked like Alex was driving it. Supposedly the police have it on surveillance.

ETA: According to the same relative, Alex spent time in jail for attacking Joseph, Lori's 3rd husband. This person also claims that JJ and Tylee didn't see Charles (4th husband) being shot. There's more info about that that supposedly came from Colby (Lori's oldest son).

Last edited:
Here is his end of the world series.
"The Great Gathering, the first novel in the Standing in Holy Places series, paints a vivid picture of exciting prophesied events that still must occur before the Second Coming. If you have an interest in what awaits the members of the LDS Church, this series should definitely be on your reading list!"
The Great Gathering (Standing in Holy Places, 1) by Chad Daybell

"The passage is based on an actual event," he said. "My Young Men's president was killed in an automobile accident and two years later, his nephew was attacked by evil spirits on his mission to Brazil. Chris (the dead president) showed up and fought off the evil spirits and led the missionaries to safety."

What he calls "actual events" being evil spirits showing up and being fought off by another dead (but apparently good) guy says a lot about how Chad thinks and, I suspect, maybe those who surround him. MOO.

"Lori's third husband, Joseph Ryan died of a heart attack in Gilbert in 2018 and was cremated. The next year, Chandler Police say Lori's brother Alex Cox shot and killed her estranged husband Charles. Cox claimed self-defense."

[...]

"Her friend vividly remembers one disturbing thing Lori would allegedly say, "It's gonna be the end of the world and we should all just drive off a cliff and kill us and our kids and die all at the same time."

'She was 100% into the end of times': Friend recalls friendship with mother of missing kids

BBM
What happened to Husband #1 and #2 ? Are they dead too? We need an organizational chart for these people IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2