Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I came across a missing person within the last couple of days whose initials were S.S.(and I think another S.)... I can’t remember now, of course. I’ll have to go back to Charley Project. I meant to compare the two but I was looking for something different at the time and forgot to go back :oops:

eta: it mentioned that she had a small tattoo on one of her hands... no further description

That sounds like Sharon Smith. She had a tattoo on one of her hands, no description provided. She's already been submitted.
Just curious, are you folks even reading other people's posts, cuz, truth be told, it sounds like there's a single conversation going on here with no regards to previous posts. Just sayin'.

That sounds like Sharon Smith. She had a tattoo on one of her hands, no description provided. She's already been submitted.
Just curious, are you folks even reading other people's posts, cuz, truth be told, it sounds like there's a single conversation going on here with no regards to previous posts. Just sayin'.
I hadn’t had a chance to go back and look through missing person profiles to find the particular person I was referring to until just now. But yes, it was Sharon Smith whom I had read about having the unspecified tattoo on her left hand. I did read your comment but for some reason I thought the girl I was trying to remember was from the west coast not Maine, so I acknowledged the post by “like”ing it.

I did not intend to give the impression I was ignoring your comment or any others on this thread, or any thread for that matter. I try to read every post for each discussion I decide to join in on. I do however occasionally overlook things and I certainly have difficulties remembering every detail of every case I follow and each thread I’ve read. So I have been known to stick my foot in my mouth or make a ridiculous comment from time to time.

I apologize if I’ve disrespected you in any way. I will be more cognizant of any ongoing thread conversations going forward, if/when I am tempted to throw in my 2 cents. Thank you for pointing out that Sharon has been submitted. Hopefully there is a match there.

Happy Sleuthing!

I don't think Khymbrly is AGJD.
Khymbrly is listed as having brown eyes, and, in her pictures they appear brown.
AGJD are listed as hazel, green, and/or blue, depending on which source, however, nowhere have I read her eyes were brown. I know hazel can sometimes be mistaken as brown, like my husband insists his are hazel, but they're not. They're brown. Where Khymbrly's eyes appear dark to me in her pictures, I don't think they could be mistaken for blue, hazel bordering on brown, or green.
Also, AGJD doesn't have a chipped front tooth, as it states Khymbrly has. AGJD's dental x-rays are on line if anyone wants to take a look.
Height is off, too, but I usually don't use height when considering someone unless it's a huge difference.
RBBM
If you were referring to this comment, I acknowledged it as well and could probably argue about green/blue/grey/hazel/brown/purple eyes (especially postmortem) all day long. LOL...

You mentioned AGJD having blue, green, or hazel eyes depending on the source. I personally don’t see how anyone can confuse blue eyes from hazels eyes. They look nothing alike IMO. Now, green and blue, possibly. Green and hazel, maybe. Brown and hazel I can see being confused. I don’t see Khymbrly’s eyes as brown or hazel, I’d describe them as a “honey” color. Although I do agree with you that they don’t look blue or green.

My opinions are based off of poorly pixelated color photos, black and white photos and how my own brain registers each color. Which also varies from person to person. Whoever documented AGJD’s eye color based their description on their observations of irises of a non-living human. Or worst case scenario, photos of the decedent’s eyes. Either way, it would be more difficult to determine true eye color at that point than it would if she were still living. (Which we’ve proved to still be difficult).

As far as the chipped tooth, I was basing my theory off of the information I read from several sources. Khymbrly reportedly had “a chipped front tooth”. Which one? It doesn’t say. AGJD’s teeth were described as follows (and I’m just using Wikipedia as a quick reference):

One of her lower teeth had been knocked out in the attack” and “had a visible gap between two of her upper-right teeth, possibly occurring postmortem“ - the missing-broken/chipped tooth can be seen in one of her recons. My theory was that if Khymbrly had a previously chipped front tooth, it would have made it more vulnerable to being further damaged. I am not a dentist and these are just my theories or course.

But I do really think there is a good chance of a match between Khym and ACJD. If not, the main goal still remains - to identify ACJD and find out what happened to Khymbrly.

I hope that better explains why I feel strongly about the match! :)
ETA: photo

Attachments

• D418B72D-419F-4DAA-A68D-8B7B1242FAC1.jpeg
    D418B72D-419F-4DAA-A68D-8B7B1242FAC1.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 43
@MadMcGoo

I don't think anyone was being disrespectful, so no worries there. It just struck me as odd that some of the posts were addressed but the conversation carried on as if not, that's all.

Somewhere on this thread are the AGJD's dental xrays, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. They were posted in the ADA magazine, so they're public.

I so get it about the pictures, it's difficult to tell eye color. Someone posted a long time ago that they'd spoken to the ME or investigator in this case because there were some many discrepancies in AGJD's eye color. IIRC, they were certain they weren't brown, that's about all.

@MadMcGoo

I don't think anyone was being disrespectful, so no worries there. It just struck me as odd that some of the posts were addressed but the conversation carried on as if not, that's all.

Somewhere on this thread are the AGJD's dental xrays, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. They were posted in the ADA magazine, so they're public.

I so get it about the pictures, it's difficult to tell eye color. Someone posted a long time ago that they'd spoken to the ME or investigator in this case because there were some many discrepancies in AGJD's eye color. IIRC, they were certain they weren't brown, that's about all.
I’ve seen the dental x-rays before, although I can’t seem to find them now. lol. But I have not seen the actual ADA publication of them.

I really wish there was a better photo of Khym somewhere. The ME seemed interested in comparing her with AGJD by means of DNA...but, several others and I, have not been able to find any family members who may be actively searching for her. I told the ME I would let her know if that changed though.

I continue to keep an eye out for possible matches for both girls...we know the answers are out there somewhere and they certainly both deserve them!

I really wish there was a better photo of Khym somewhere. The ME seemed interested in comparing her with AGJD by means of DNA...but, several others and I, have not been able to find any family members who may be actively searching for her. I told the ME I would let her know if that changed though.

Maybe worth checking on other websites that allow family sleuthing. Maybe they could come up with a family member that could then be contacted on FB.

@Melt71 I wondered if this would fall into the description of “sleuthing family”...I suppose it would :(

That’s a good idea...I may poke around the good Ol’ Google and see if I come up with anything... I know @Feme98 posted on Facebook and as far as I know, no one has come forward

@Melt71 I wondered if this would fall into the description of “sleuthing family”...I suppose it would :(

That’s a good idea...I may poke around the good Ol’ Google and see if I come up with anything... I know @Feme98 posted on Facebook and as far as I know, no one has come forward
It seems that the group dedicated to JD has been inactive since 2018

I feel like I should correct myself... I tried finding the email response from the ME in this case and I can not locate it! I have several replies from agencies asking about family members who may be available for DNA testing, but I can not find a response from this particular submission!

I’m not sure if I’ve deleted it by mistake or I never received a reply. I keep a spreadsheet containing each case I submit that includes a column indicating weather or not I received a response to my email; so I know who to nag. I entered in “response received” on AGJD’s line, so I’m not sure what I did.

I’m not sure now if anyone is following up on this :(

Figured I'd do the newer members a favor and find where I posted her x-ray. I also grabbed the pic I posted of her "S" tattoo.

At one time I made a very long post linking every article I could find about her. I have not found that very long post, I only found reference to it and the link I have to it is not working. I'll hit up Carl to see if he can help me out. I had also posted the articles in her album on NFM so I can "redo" it if I need to.

The biggest thing mentioned in the articles I found was that Arroyo was raped. It was only mentioned in one article and never again. LE should call Parabon about having them make a suspect flier from any semen found and enter it into FTDNA and GEDmatch. I'm clueless why LE have not jumped in to do this yet. Carl had called them early on about it. They'd be living under a rock if they haven't heard about it or even DNA Doe Project to at least do her family tree DNA.

She was raped. See my post here. It was in an early article, they stopped saying it.

attachment.php

Preview isn't working, URL of x-ray of Arroyo front teeth. I had used the forum search for xray and teeth; neither had results, so I wanted to be sure to mention those words so maybe search will pick it up if needed again.

gap-jpg.104753

Her tat is really so random. It's like, I think I'll put an S here

attachment.php

View attachment 102291

Also want to attach her "S" tattoo URL for Arroyo S tattoo

legarroyograndejanedoetatt-jpg.102291

Isotope posts

From Alleykins, Dec 14, 2016

And great news! Per the Henderson PD FB page, isotope testing has been scheduled!
She's been exhumed again. The link that's provided in the story linked the old story, not the update, but I'm posting the FB page if you scroll through it to get the latest video.
FOX5 Las Vegas

Welcome, thanks for letting us know!

Here is the link to the post on Henderson PD FB; so glad they're doing isotopes!

Henderson Police Department shared FOX5 Las Vegas's video. 22 hrs ago·
Share this story with your dentist and orthodontist. He or she may hold the key to finding Jane Arroyo Grande Doe's real name and family.

Thank you Cyndi Lundeberg and FOX5 Las Vegas for keeping her story alive.

SMA - Just curious, are you also going to do isotope testing on her as well? · 21 hrs
Henderson Police Department Hi SMA, yes, isotope testing has been scheduled. 21 hrs

Last edited:
Figured I'd do the newer members a favor and find where I posted her x-ray. I also grabbed the pic I posted of her "S" tattoo.

At one time I made a very long post linking every article I could find about her. I have not found that very long post, I only found reference to it and the link I have to it is not working. I'll hit up Carl to see if he can help me out. I had also posted the articles in her album on NFM so I can "redo" it if I need to.

The biggest thing mentioned in the articles I found was that Arroyo was raped. It was only mentioned in one article and never again. LE should call Parabon about having them make a suspect flier from any semen found and enter it into FTDNA and GEDmatch. I'm clueless why LE have not jumped in to do this yet. Carl had called them early on about it. They'd be living under a rock if they haven't heard about it or even DNA Doe Project to at least do her family tree DNA.

Preview isn't working, URL of x-ray of Arroyo front teeth. I had used the forum search for xray and teeth; neither had results, so I wanted to be sure to mention those words so maybe search will pick it up if needed again.

gap-jpg.104753

Also want to attach her "S" tattoo URL for Arroyo S tattoo

legarroyograndejanedoetatt-jpg.102291

Isotope posts

From Alleykins, Dec 14, 2016

Thanks sweetie, from a somewhat older member. Have a wonderful 2020. Let's hope this sweet girl is going to be identified the coming year(s).

As an example, here is the reply where I mentioned see my post here.

She was raped. See my post here. It was in an early article, they stopped saying it.

attachment.php

The URL has changed in a few parts of it, so to grab a "new link" I went to the post above and clicked where it said it's post #613. I right clicked to grab the URL. I pasted the URL in a reply box. I then went to my words post here. I then right clicked to grab the URL, I then pasted the URL in the reply box under my other copied URL.

URL for post #613 - I have to put spaces in it for it to post
https:// www.websleuths. com/forums /threads/nv-henderson-arroyo-grande-whtfem-258ufnv-14-25-oct80-graphic.34120/page-31#post-12940690

The URL for the words post here ended in #post12854715; I then removed 12940690 from the post 613 link and added 12854715.

Next, I could see the new URL still used the page number; so I knew the other reply had to be before page 31. I changed 31 to 30, hit enter on my keyboard, no go. Changed 30 to 29, still no go. When I changed it to 28 and hit enter on my keyboard, up popped the reply!

Hopefully everyone understands what I did and will find it useful

I also posted the directions in the forum help section so it's easily found for anyone needing it
How to fix URL's from old forum coding to new forum coding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members