Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
FD’s fingerprints on JD’s faucet gave
me pause .
* He Surely would have had gloves on.
* He didn’t need to wash his hands .

His DNA was also on doorknob of mudroom.
Can’t figure out why he would use his bare hands ..

I agree. There are a whole host of weird decisions that were made.

Biking to her home on the antique bike (with the 70s handlebars) --in terms of energy and being seen.
No gloves at the home.
Talking to his employee about getting new seats. Insisting and sternly talking to him about it.
Not recognizing that there are license plate readers on the Merritt.
Leaving his phone at home, arranging the alibi call and it only lasting 17 seconds among two co-conspirators who didn't want to answer.
MT having her alibi photo with the spill robot from Stop and Shop.
The discarding of evidence all over that road in Hartford and thinking that the multiple stops would go unnoticed. (He has been really lucky that the crack dealer gave the knife to someone and they haven't found it yet.)
Meeting with KM's ex and pushing things til it crossed the line.
Showing up for visitation at the home rather than at the regular meeting place, thumbing his nose at the court orders.

I am sure there is more

Hood -up sweatshirts have been ubiquitous around New Canaan these last couple years for the middle school and high school kids. So not knowing the first thing about bicycles myself, I would have likely driven right by him and assumed it was just another kid. And true that many of our roads are not bicycle friendly but we seem to have an abundance of undeterred enthusiasts, so we are used to that as well.
Exactly, thanks for the local perspective!

So FD was 'suited up like a teenager in a hoodie on his bike peddling along to school'... just another one of his 'fake outs', IMO.

ETA: Oh, and he 'sacrificed' his childhood European bicycle in the effort, so he must have put alot of stock in this ploy working. IMO. Too bad for him LE 'knows what he did (and didn't do)'. :eek:

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! Too bad they didn't find anything at the reservoir, but KM's phone pinging there could very well have been the reason they searched there! IMO

Yes! And you know, just because they didn’t find anything there earlier doesn’t mean that nothing is there. Sometimes it seems like things shift and become accessible or fresh eyes help. So maybe they still will. MOO.

Exactly, thanks for the local perspective!

So FD was 'suited up like a teenager in a hoodie on his bike peddling along to school'... just another one of his 'fake outs', IMO.

ETA: Oh, and he 'sacrificed' his childhood European bicycle in the effort, so he must have put alot of stock in this ploy working. IMO. Too bad for him LE 'knows what he did (and didn't do)'. :eek:

If he was thinking of taking the kids out of the country, he wouldn't be able to take the bike.

Biking to her home on the antique bike (with the 70s handlebars) --in terms of energy and being seen.
No gloves at the home.
Talking to his employee about getting new seats. Insisting and sternly talking to him about it.
Leaving his phone at home, arranging the alibi call and it only lasting 17 seconds among two co-conspirators who didn't want to answer.
The discarding of evidence all over that road in Hartford and thinking that the multiple stops would go unnoticed. (He has been really lucky that the crack dealer gave the knife to someone and they haven't found it yet.)
Showing up for visitation at the home rather than at the regular meeting place, thumbing his nose at the court orders.

I am sure there is more

Arrogance, in my opinion. He thought he’d never be caught or called out because he thought he was so smart that he could get away with this “perfect” crime because he always thought he was superior to everyone else, in my view. I say this based on how he acted in many things large and small. The audacity is stunning—and it has done him in. MOO.

If he was thinking of taking the kids out of the country, he wouldn't be able to take the bike.

Do we know he cherished it? He always seemed to care more for the new and expensive, the latest and all that. Also, if he’d gone by private plane, he could have taken it. I don’t think he cherished it since he ripped off its logo—the thing that made it more recognizable as something of value. Who knows? He threw away a lot more than a bike in his life—like the mother of his five kids and the woman whose family enriched him in literally millions of ways. MOO.

No gloves at the home.

I am sure there is more
Well said, and yes, there's alot alot more, IMO.

I think FD had been using and abusing JFd and her family financially for years, and he then got caught in those acts and was being divorced & sued, so he set up multiple plans & frameups to 'eliminate" JFd after her father died in lots of directions on lots of people he knew both personally & peripherally, just to not be dumb and put his eggs all in one basket.

And he just worked his way through all the options for all the stages of the murder game, until he found the 'right one', all premeditated and planned to throw people/LE 'off his trail' in multiple directions.

And he never expected to get caught after all his ploys, setups, duplicity, red herrings, and such.

Little did he realize it was all a bit too much of a house of cards financially since JFd sued him for divorce and got custody of the children, and his manipulatory plotting to the nth degree to murder her with lots of options & scapegoats set up was just him scrambling, IMO.

It was all over years ago (his relationship with JFd & family being something real that they still cared about, so sad but he was already o to the next thing), but things didn't work out as he planned in terms of him taking the money and running (murdering his wife and the mother of his children, and wresting control of the children and the money thinking no questions would be asked)???!!!

Scott Peterson comes to mind yet again.

Hey, psychoboys, you can't out-think or out-play her loved ones, the public, and especially not law & order (in this country at least, even in CT), when you murder your wife in cold blood, and try to cover it up with lotsa 'help' from people you think 'owe you' and all those smoking mirrors...

MOO. Justice for Jennifer <3

Last edited:
Do we know he cherished it? He always seemed to care more for the new and expensive, the latest and all that. Also, if he’d gone by private plane, he could have taken it. I don’t think he cherished it since he ripped off its logo—the thing that made it more recognizable as something of value. Who knows? He threw away a lot more than a bike in his life—like the mother of his five kids and the woman whose family enriched him in literally millions of ways. MOO.

He kept it. Moved it. Had it refurbished. I think he cared about it. It was his from his youth. Operative thought was that it was his and only his.

LE knows a LOT more than they put into the warrant. It's just the bare bones of what they know!

So it's quite likely they did find it, although I do not know and am not privy to that info.

Absolutely! I remember here and there someone saying there’d never be an AW3, etc., etc. We didn’t know what AW3 said before it was released but that didn’t mean the facts and evidence outlined in AW3 didn’t exist. It’s illogical to think that we ever would know all that LE knows about it. Logically, it’s like assuming that the part of an iceberg we can see above the water is all that exists of the iceberg. We can talk about what the known facts mean and guess however else we like but it’s impossible to say that something doesn’t exist just because we don’t know about it. I’ll say MOO but actually, it’s part of the scientific method of inquiry. Now I’ll say MOO again! :)

He kept it. Moved it. Had it refurbished. I think he cared about it. It was his from his youth. Operative thought was that it was his and only his.

I did not know all of that. Interesting! And yet he disfigured it and tossed it away. Again, interesting! He definitely seemed to be a fan of whatever he decided was his. MOO.

No, I think the childhood bike, like everything else in FD's life, was just good while it lasted and served a purpose, and when it was convenient for him to resurrect it to employ in his ploy to get to his estranged wife's house to kill her without using a motor vehicle that would be much more likely to be seen or captured on video, he pulled it out of his bag of tricks, assuming no one would remember it, bring it up, or tie it to him using it to pedal to her house and commit murder. He was that arrogant, he pulled the metal tag off it and put it in one of the trash bags he disposed of in Hartford the evening of the day she disappeared.

The more I think about all the egregious circumstances and history on FD's part, the DV, the abandonment of his wife and children, the usury of his wife and family's financial assets, the paramour he welcomed to live in the home he shared with his wife and children, the creeps he associated with, his wife's disappearance after a serious physical assault, etc., the more incredulous I am that AW#3 and arrests yesterday for murder and kidnapping for FD, and conspiracy to commit murder for MT & KM are even bailworthy.

That's just not right, IMO, no matter what, and adds insult to injury for JFd's loved ones that FD is still 'on the loose' and not kept behind bars after what he's been charged with by LE and the State of doing (murder, felony murder, and kidnapping). He's not a good candidate for bail, IMO, and there are many court decisions against him for not complying in family court, prior to the criminal charges against him.

I'm flabbergasted about the bail bonds for all 3 of them following AWs#3, even though CT may be an exception without capital murder (death penalty) leverage... FD seems like a real 'menace to society', or at least people he knows, and poses a public threat that should be weighed into bail decisions, IMO.

MOO

Last edited:
I agree that incineration of JFd's remains (and perhaps disposing of the ashes in a body of water cuz MT & FD have supposedly been communicating on SM about expanses of water) is likely, and a very final, difficult to prove way to make sure her 'body' would never ever ever be found.

Hence FD's smirkiness and seeming confident the old '"no body, no charges" would be his ticket to freedom, even if things went wrong as they have with all the forensic & circumstantial evidence & 3 arrests.

Incineration could have been "Plan X" that FD had as a backup plan after the other plans with MT & KM for disposal of her remains didn't work out --

KM could have been unraveling & FD could have decided not to trust him with the Gun Club shallow grave (even though that location was probably chosen by KM under pressure from FD, that, huh, could lead LE to looking at KM for JFd's murder once FD skipped town...)

Machiavelli is getting a run for his rep from FD...

MOOooo
Why not incinerate all the things that were in the garbage bags as well?

Google
zip ties and garbage bags on a body

the image is exactly how I think JD was packaged up unfortunately and transported to the next location
JMO
I'm not sure zip ties would have been usable unless the victim were subdued, especially if Fd were in Welles garage by himself with no accomplice. It seems like duct or other tape would be easier for a single attacker than zip ties.

I do wonder if the zip ties might have assisted in other aspects of the crime such as disposal possible or even carrying a body? 36" zip ties could go around the body of JFd with no problem.

Zip ties can be connected together too, to make a longer zip tie, if necessary. In addition to tying her up, I definitely think they could have been used as handles to carry/move the body.

Just want to point out to those thinking that MT could be preggo, her no contact order with FD was around the end of June. If she were preggo, that would be obvious by now as she would be far into 2nd trimester. Of course, she could have found a different man to impregnate her, but I doubt it. IMO.

thanks for posting. I can’t stomach listening to him. It’s bad enough seeing his quotes in news articles. We will hear from him soon enough at trial and that’s gonna be just nauseating.

another thing I also notated today was what the Judge said regarding FD’s bail and NPs argument to have it reduced. Judge specifically said there was a lot more evidence and as such the bond was appropriate and would remain at $6 million. That’s encouraging for Justice for Jennifer.

the biggest pieces of information to come out of the last two days: the bicycle (wow) being ridden to JD house by a man wearing a hoodie fitting FD description, the logo for vintage Mercier bicycle found in trashbag from odyssey of stupidity, the fact they have a picture with FD with a vintage Mercier bike taken from 2008 and that bike was one he had from childhood and had brought with him to America and is now missing. DNA from FD on door to mudroom in a specific spot. MT and FD DNA and FD fingerprints found on items in trashbag also containing items that have JD blood on them. KM and his evasiveness but in particular the phone call from FD to KM on 5/24 at 7:47 pm when FD and MT were on the trashbin odyssey of stupidity. The zip ties are really really damning. Specific locations where JD blood found in the garage. The grave at the Windsor Rod and Gun Club with the two bbq grate lids and two unopened bags of lime and dimensions of grave itself. The fact KM phone pinged there a lot. They may have used burners and KM may have replaced his cell on 5/25 but I’d be willing to be the phone evidence is gonna be just eye opening between FD and KM. Like the 5/23 cal when FD left his dinner party and KM phone pinging near by and the 7 minutes spent at 80 Mountain Spring Road.
Can’t wait to know what KM was up to from 5/23 until 5/25.
I wonder if anyone checked for missing barbecue grates.

What we didn't know before, but now know from new AW, is that she was going to leave the Suburban (for LA?) and take the smaller vehicle; they discussed it about this particular day, because the smaller vehicle was easier for her to park in NY and she wasn't going to have the kids with her.

It was not the usual scenario for her, but she had the appointments.

In that case, she might have left the Suburban out this particular day - and that might have messed up Fd's plans, ever so slightly - because he was probably planning on her pulling into the garage as usual, not on her switching cars. But we don't know that for sure.

The reason I'm saying this is that it opens another option: if she wasn't going in through the garage when she first got there as usual - since maybe she wasn't parking car in there - perhaps she went into the house another way - the garage regular doorway (it does have one) or front door? - got her tea, granola bar - if they weren't left from earlier in the AM, that is - and then went out to car FROM the mudroom - maybe she heard something? - and then he attacked her.

This could also explain why her purse was in the house and not car/garage.

Just a thought, feel free to dismiss it! :)
This makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member