Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he had a Greek nanny that did not speak english do the job to get the mom's insurance money as she was ill and maybe agreed to be run over...he is one sick hombre.....IMO
Yeah it's so sick it's like that movie Devil's Advocate who can kill their mother and the mother of their five children, pure maniacle diabolic evil to the nth degree!!

1.Who was the 2nd poncho for
MT or KM ?
2. Who bought them?
3. Wonder if search warrant turned up any receipts at Hardware Stores or Home Depot. FD must have trade accounts that track his purchases . Wonder if LE is keeping that intel in their back pocket ..
Well 3 is the charm and hopefully one of those maniacal assholes will turn on the other and I definitely think that will happen!! Like Ten Little Indians we'll just wait and watch for this mystery to unfold but in the meantime you have broken the hearts of your children the victim's mother and family and the world so you will find your sentence in hell!

Has anyone ever seen a clear poncho WITHOUT a hood? Evidence item listed as “clear poncho no hood”. (And another clear poncho with hood).

I’ve never seen them sold like that with no hood, and a quick check of Amazon and Home Depot doesn’t turn any without hoods up. Since they’re rain ponchos, they always have hoods and would be counterproductive without.
Given FDs obsession with hair, I wonder if the hood was cut off so as not to pick up a stray hair- MTs?
Other thoughts?

They do exist. I don't know the purpose of the poncho's in the AW or if they were for personal or industrial use. We requisition rain gear from safety supply firms and they come with detachable hoods since they can get caught on equipment and pose safety hazards.

My theory on MT is that she was going through withdrawals. Obviously they couldn't help at the jail so that was two days without.
I agree. She probably has been on some benzo. Either Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, etc. Withdrawal starts after 24 hours and is horrific from knowing of this from someone first hand. That is my bet. She wouldn't have been able to sleep the second night at all. Probably crawling out of her skin. Well, good... nothing compared to the suffering that Jennifer went through.

Its all like a gangster movie I guess, reality hits that there will be consequences. My guess is very intense anxiety or panic attack. But anything is possble.
Participating in disposing of bags with the victims DNA seems a slam dunk for prison sentence. I hope she turns state to recover whatever is left of herself.
I can't imagine she has any hope for a "deal." She can't add value to the prosecution anymore unless she has some awesome evidence aside from her own testimony about what she saw and heard. She keeps changing her story. And if she changes it again, and is getting a "deal" for that, the defense will be reasonable to say she is known to lie, and she has a motive to continue lying - the "deal".

Yes, not sure how much sense this makes to me as so far as I know its not standard procedure to take people to the hospital for evaluation in order for them to be released from prison. MT was NOT taken to the hospital for her prior two arrests in this case so far as we know. What has changed with this latest arrest and what are the specific conditions of MT release?

There must be much more to this MT story than is being made public.

Has anyone been able to see the actual court documents relating to the conditions of release for MT? So far as I know these are public and we have seen them for each of the prior arrests of Fd and MT. Has something changed now for MT that her conditions of release are different than in her prior 2 arrests?

We didn't see Fd taken to the hospital for evaluation today.

Why was MT treated differently?

What is different about her situation vs Fd?
I don't believe it was part of the conditions of release or we'd have heard that - the judge didn't seem to state it, or - could it have been added afterwards?

Thanks for that.

As you’ve seen me state before, he ended up with one of the most restrictive custody orders available without denying all contact. And indeed (you know this case so well!) the judge issued those orders once she had evidence of what a liar FD is and that he violated court orders.

Prior to that, it was just he said she said. As I’ve stated before (as you also know!), false DV or child abuse allegations are too common. It’s constant. So this judge doesn’t need to be schooled as to DV.

Too often people seem to think that an allegation should be enough to terminate parental rights and if the judge doesn’t do so they’re idiots.

It’s obviously not the way things work.

And even in cases where domestic violence has been established the policy of every state is to enable contact between parent and child as much as possible while maintaining safety. So even abusers get things like supervised visits.

Finally, as I’ve stated before (and I’m agreeing with your comments not addressing you, @afitzy because I know you know all this by now), a DV restraining order wouldn’t have prevented FD (who doesn’t follow court orders) from murdering Jennifer. Too many women with restraining orders are actually killed after they get one.

The judge didn’t cause this through action or inaction. This is all on that sicko FD.
@gitana1, totally agree that this sicko Fd created a scenario in Family Court that was misery for all involved.

But where I struggle with the Family Court situation is seeing that there were points along the way where non compliance wasn't punished using the tools available to the Court. So far as I know from the file there was no jail time for non compliance, no fines for non compliance and no requirement on Fd to financially support his 5 children due to the unresolved financial disclosure issue I believe, amongst other issues possibly. I'm sure the Court has other tools available but I didn't see any of these used in the file either unfortunately.

We also so far as I know didn't see any atty related sanctions for their facilitating Fd financial disclosure issues in the case although I do think its possible that Atty Pyetranker might have been excused from the case in a similar way to Atty. P. being excused from the case via closed door and off the record meetings which seem to be the norm in CT (file is unclear on exactly how this situation was handled IMO but Pyetranker left the case abruptly). IDK but it was hard to read some of the court testimony from Fd which IMO made it clear that Fd atty's were actually preparing some of his financial disclosure documents and knew that such disclosure documents didn't 'match up' to similar documents submitted to banks by Fd/FORE for the purposes of obtaining a loan.

I think what surprised me a bit here (vs some other DV cases I'm familiar with) is that Judge Heller seemed to understand Fd perfectly and was very strong in her statements about his behaviour and in particular where he lied under oath and also engaged his children in lying on his behalf. But even though Judge Heller called Fd a liar on multiple occasions, she never punished his repeated lying. Sure removing access to the children was a type of punishment but it wasn't really because at any time I think Fd could have chosen to comply with the Judge Heller order and his visitation would have been reinstated. Fd chose not to comply and so didn't see his children for nearly 10 months.

Judge Heller understood Fd quite well I think and this was well done of her I believe. Perhaps the options available to a Judge to punish someone like a Fd are limited but other than removing access to the children after the lying incident there really were no consequences to Fd for lying under oath or submitting false financial statements to the court or any of the other actions we saw in the case to delay the case or prevent resolution of financial support for the children. The Family Court case had contempt orders issued and as @gitana1 so clearly states, Fd had only very restrictive access to his children and this was a source of great frustration and anger for his and he also complained constantly about the associated cost of the GAL and court appointed observer.

I know you/@gitana1 and I go back and forth on this issue of how Judge's manage cases. Something about this Dulos v Dulos case IMO became explosive and IDK if it was the custody aspect or the financial aspect, or perhaps both?

But what is puzzling to me is that even with very experienced atty's involved and a final Judge (of the 3/4 total Judge's involved in the case over the 2 years) who I believe understood the issues of the parties involved, that compliance with financial disclosure from Fd was allowed to go on for such a prolonged period of time that for lack of better expression I think the case simply 'blew up'. Fd fought to the legal mat over and over to not disclose and by virtue of his doing this the Court wasn't able to make financial determination of his ability to contribute to the welfare of his children.

His delay in providing financial information IMO also meant that JFd (and her mother) were put in the position of supporting the children as Fd contributed nothing from the time JFd left 4Jx in 2017 to the maintenance of the children.

What would have happened if JFd and her mother hadn't been able to financially support the children? Would Judge Heller have allowed no support for the children? How many women in the US have the financial wherewithal that JFd and her mother had? IMO very few women have the money to do what JFd was forced to do and IMO she was forced to do it because the Court couldn't figure out how to get money from Fd for nearly 2 years. IDK why the Court allowed the situation to go on for so long as I believe that it escalated anger on both sides. Sure, this case had 2 people that most likely couldn't agree on anything. But to not impose a financial support obligation on Fd is something that I simply don't understand even if it was $2,000/month. Fd paid $0 over the 2 year period for the maintenance of his children. The week after JFd went missing was yet another hearing on the financial disclosure issue. I do believe this was a major contributor to motive in this murder.

Even after 2 years, IMO the Dulos case was nowhere near being able to go to trial as the motions just kept on being filed with no end. I find it hard to believe that had consequences that were significant been imposed at some stage of the process (on both parties) that perhaps the situation might have been resolved or at least heading to trial with decent documentation? IDK, maybe its a pipe dream?

I do hope someone studies the Dulos family case that has Family Law expertise in Hartford and perhaps offers up ideas on how to avoid this happening in the future. Sadly, I don't think there are many easy answers for hard cases where both parties simply cannot agree. But, I do think compliance with court orders is a basic place to start (pretty low bar too IMO) as I'm not convinced Fd ever was consistently held to this basic standard of compliance unfortunately and neither were his attorneys.

Some of the local DV advocates in CT have offered up some commentary on this case along with some suggestions for reform. Perhaps those in Hartford might take note. DV is not a new issue in CT and sadly the situation and stats aren't improving.

Here is a quick article from today with an interview from local DV person:
Fotis Dulos’ murder charge puts new light on domestic violence allegations
MOO

Last edited:
I don't believe it was part of the conditions of release or we'd have heard that - the judge didn't seem to state it, or - could it have been added afterwards?
We've seen this before that conditions sometimes get scribbled into the paperwork that aren't clearly explained in open court. That's why I hope the Press get the actual paperwork signed by the Judge and publish it so that this issue can be better understood.

You know what it's really sad that this poor mother is gone and her children will miss her but the evil that exists to this world will see a fate far worse than our worst nightmare, the victim is in total Eternal Bliss that we don't know about at this point in our lives, but the perpetrator cannot even dream about eternal happiness, where he is going I dont even want to discuss!

They do exist. I don't know the purpose of the poncho's in the AW or if they were for personal or industrial use. We requisition rain gear from safety supply firms and they come with detachable hoods since they can get caught on equipment and pose safety hazards.
nothing to do with the case but I always find it ironic that raincoats don't have hoods and if a poncho doesn't have a hood that's even worse, lol food for brain

We've seen this before that conditions sometimes get scribbled into the paperwork that aren't clearly explained in open court. That's why I hope the Press get the actual paperwork signed by the Judge and publish it so that this issue can be better understood.

Watching wfsb, mentioned it was a mental evaluation for the terms of the bond but I don’t see anything online yet. So for now IMO

ant
Troconis was medically evaluated & released from Stamford hospital earlier today. It was a standard evaluation and part of the condition of her release. She’s believed to be at home now. Her family has no comment.
@WTNH[/QUOTE

Another big baby...realizing she is going to spend quite a bit of time in jail and is starting to get emotional. How about JD's emotions she is now not allowed to have any...I don't care what her "condition" is, she is morally bankrupt and deserves a very long sentence with some nice lady friend to keep he spirits up...good luck in the slammer.

Leaving the courthouse, Bowman told a reporter MT was not well and a test recommended that could not be done at Niantic so they were taking her to hospital. Same was reported in the Stamford Advocate later today - see media thread. MT is on house arrest and makes sense that State Police took her to hospital.

Another member shared a personal experience about a friend that appeared unstable to the bondsman and he required the defendant evaluated before underwriting her release. I don't think that (i.e., bondsman) was the case with MT today.

Seems this question comes up quite often on WS.

Kidnapping charge is thrown in quite often on nearly all murder cases -- it's an aggravator. It basically only means that before the victim was killed they were held against their will.

A Hartford attorney that's been providing commentary to WTIC/61 since JD disappeared breaks down all the charges against FD-- relating it to his AW in a short video at the link below. I found it worthy of 5 minutes.

Atty Jim Bergenn discusses the Dulos case

Good video....Attorney Bergenn is a defense attorney, right? I'm always leary of the discussion of "reasonable doubt." I know of one case in which the jury instruction for this element took a couple of days for the attorneys to craft and finally agree what the jury was to be told in the final instructions.

Beyond a reasonable doubt does not mean no doubt. Defense attorneys LOVE to confuse jurors on this, IMO. I've sat on too many juries (IMO) from the Superior Court to the Federal Court and in the case in which beyond a reasonable doubt was required, someone in the jury was "hung up" on the phrasing and meaning and could not get past this dilemma, especially when the defense was successful is muddying the definition in the jury instructions. THIS person is the juror that NP will be looking for during jury selection, IMO...MOO.

Without a body, this could be a difficult decision for many people. Huge sigh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa