IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is finally coming out.

Quote From the article:

“After months of bearing false and inaccurate accusations, from the Wiegands' attorneys through the press, RCL now faces the legally mandated task of responding to a lawsuit the Wiegands' attorneys did not file in good faith,' it charges.

'This is not a case of an unknowing child approaching an open window and falling out because the window was defective or improperly positioned.

'Rather, this is a case about an adult man, Chloe's step grandfather who, as surveillance footage unquestionably confirms: (1) walked up to a window he was aware was open; (2) leaned his upper body out the window for several seconds; (3) reached down and picked up Chloe; and (4) then held her by and out of the open window for thirty four seconds before he lost his grip and dropped Chloe out of the window.”
Yup. This is devastating.

Not that anyone with an ounce of common sense ever thought otherwise.

Daily Mail's Finest Hour? Well, Typical Hour Anyway.
@LietKynes :) Glad to see you back on the case. And TYVM for the link.
Gotta love that ^ publication, trumpeting about RCL and

filings exclusive to Daily Mail, & bragging about photos exclusive to Daily Mail.
Exclusive except for RCL having filed in court the Motion to Dismiss as publicly available record, and Winkleman having included the photo in the Complaint filed in court. Other than that, very exclusive. :rolleyes:LOL:rolleyes: jmo

How do you know those Etsy lists weren't created before Chloe was born?

The poster doesn’t but, based on the shirt they referenced in their posts about “Chosen for me by my sister in Heaven,” they are just curious and asking. I looked and wondered why adoption announcements were listed on this site under KW’s favorites.

Whether KW is or isn’t is not really important but it’s human nature, considering people are just trying to understand this unfathomable incident, to try to gain some insight as to why it happened and find all information they can about the people involved. JMO

Last edited:
The poster doesn’t but, based on the shirt they referenced in their posts about “sent by my sister from heaven,” they are just curious and asking. I looked and wondered why adoption announcements were listed on this site under KW’s favorites.

Whether KW is or isn’t is not really important but it’s human nature, considering people are just trying to understand this unfathomable incident, to try to gain some insight as to why it happened and find all information they can about the people involved. JMO

Stepping lightly and JMO, I doubt she is. There is so much baby stuff on her pages in addition to her list, that I suspect it was made for Chloe’s arrival. I can’t imagine her spending time curating her many pages or even her list since July, unless she’s doing retail therapy, and I doubt it. I think if KW was spending time on her Etsy pages, she would have deleted the item I describe below. It’s possible there was a reason for listing those two items for Chloe’s arrival, but I don’t think we need to go there.

The item I think she would have deleted hit me in the stomach. It’s a beautiful framed print that reads...
“What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” :(
It’s obviously meant to be inspirational, not prophetic, but since I think SA was “flying” Chloe out the window, it made me sad and mad. Chloe will never get to “fly” in the intended figurative sense of overcoming her fear of failure to achieve something wonderful. I’m not posting this to start a discussion, but just sharing with you all because it tragically reminds me of what happened, and I wanted your company after reading it.

Stepping lightly and JMO, I doubt she is. There is so much baby stuff on her pages in addition to her list, that I suspect it was made for Chloe’s arrival. I can’t imagine her spending time curating her many pages or even her list since July, unless she’s doing retail therapy, and I doubt it. I think if KW was spending time on her Etsy pages, she would have deleted the item I describe below. It’s possible there was a reason for listing those two items for Chloe’s arrival, but I don’t think we need to go there.

The item I think she would have deleted hit me in the stomach. It’s a beautiful framed print that reads...
“What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” :(
It’s obviously meant to be inspirational, not prophetic, but since I think SA was “flying” Chloe out the window, it made me sad and mad. Chloe will never get to “fly” in the intended figurative sense of overcoming her fear of failure to achieve something wonderful. I’m not posting this to start a discussion, but just sharing with you all because it tragically reminds me of what happened, and I wanted your company after reading it.
Oh no. Then the necklace pendant... "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever". Ok, gotta go now.....

FWIW Dept. - Previous Overboard Deaths
In reading some lipcon.com pleadings for cases the law firm has previously filed, I ran across this.*

"25. Between 2000 and 2015, there have been approximately 16 incidents of passengers going overboard while travelling on Royal Caribbean ships. Out of those 16 incidents, only 3 people have survived, the rest have died."

{{{ETA: I've not tried to verify the numbers, but gotta think the law firm would have a solid basis for including this info in a complaint filed against RCL. Seems like the # would be incontrovertible. I wonder what the current number of overboards is now, for RCL.}}}

--------------------------------------------------------------
* from lipcon.com November 8, 2016 Erik Elbaz, Individually and as Personal Representative for the Estate of Bernardo Texeira Garcia, deceased v. Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD. LMAW, PA files suit in the high profile overboard case against Royal Caribbean that was all caught on video.

This number, on it's own, sounds inflammatory. We don't know what the rate is on comparable size cruise lines with the same/similar number of sailings to know if it's out of line.

When this incident was originally reported by DM, most of the comments sided with Grandpa. I couldn't understand what made so many folks think that RCCL was at fault for this man's careless, reckless actions. I'm glad that the truth is finally coming out and that Winkleman's LIES have been exposed. The video clearly shows that SA deliberately held Chloe outside an open window 11 stories above a concrete pier :mad:

Last edited:
Wasn't there an interview during which SA said that someone told him not to hold Chloe outside the window? Obviously, Grandpa was going to do whatever he wanted regardless of what other folks said. Signage wouldn't have mattered to this senseless, stubborn man, either.

When this incident was originally reported by DM, most of the comments sided with Grandpa. I couldn't understand what made so many folks think that RCCL was at fault for this man's careless, reckless actions. I'm glad that the truth is finally coming out and that Winkleman's LIES have been exposed. The video clearly shows that SA deliberately held Chloe outside an open window 11 stories above a concrete pier :mad:

The same was true when the Washington Post published an article after he had been charged. It was sort of a knee jerk reaction to support him...poor man has suffered enough.

Cruise line seeks dismissal of family's lawsuit in toddler’s fatal cruise ship fall

Royal Caribbean cruise line has responded to a lawsuit filed by the family of Chloe Wiegand, the Michiana toddler who fatally fell from a cruise ship window in July.

In court documents filed on January 8, Royal Caribbean asks the court to dismiss Wiegand’s family’s claims that the cruise line was negligent and not compliant with current window fall prevention guidelines.

The cruise line alleges in the new court documents that Wiegand’s grandfather, Salvatore Anello, knew that the 11th floor window was open when Wiegand fell to her death on the cruise ship docked in Puerto Rico...

I forwarded the filings to the DM as soon as they were published here, maybe others did as well. Their other articles seemed to favor Winkleman's version. Now the DM is touting their "exclusive', but it was on WS first!

Thank you! Other media outlets are beginning to report on RCCL's Motion for Dismissal. Maybe they read it first on Websleuths :D

Can't help wondering what the Weigands think about this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa