AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

"Authorities said he is also under investigation for possible federal violations, but did not elaborate."

Paighton Houston Update: Suspect charged with abuse of corpse captured in Ohio by U.S. Marshals

I want to share a bit about some of the seeming inconsistencies in LE investigations. Paighton Houston's death is surely tragic, but it may not be the ONLY thing LE is focused on here. There very well may be a whole host of other investigative avenues being explored as a result of this entire situation, some local, some interstate, some federal.

An example. A person can have absolute knowledge of drug dealing going on in a particular residence. That person may tip LE. That does not necessarily mean LE will make an arrest at that residence immediately, or ever. So the person who phoned in the tip says HEY, why aren't they doing anything? There could be undercover agents working in that very residence, or there could be an ongoing investigation that said tip provided but a piece of a larger puzzle, or a whole host of other factors involved.

MOO, Paighton, and likely some of those she associated with, were drug addicts. This addiction thing is really unique. As to the question of differing stories, I'll say this. There's an old saying in my recovery circle, "When can you tell if an addict is lying?" Answer....."when their lips are moving".

MOO I think some of what went on here was an attempt to protect mom from the truth.

which is a pattern for many speed users. I've known people who would stay up doing coke, then drink a bottle of nyquil, then black out, and start all over the next day.

Nyquil is a major 'antagonist,' to stimulants, and a bottle would lead to seizures, psychosis, paranoid frantic panick attacks, or possible death. If what u claim is true, and they survived without hurting themselves or another, experiencing one of the worst hangovers of their lifetimes, the next day, I can bet, that was the first and last time they drank a bottle of NyquilAfter using stimulants, nonetheless, an ounce or two which will cause many severe side effects, and sleeping is not one of comfort. Reverse reactions, not side effects occur with these antagonists.

A benzo, taken in a logical and reasonable dose, will result and lead to a restful safe comedown and eventual slumber.

"Authorities said he is also under investigation for possible federal violations, but did not elaborate."

Paighton Houston Update: Suspect charged with abuse of corpse captured in Ohio by U.S. Marshals

I want to share a bit about some of the seeming inconsistencies in LE investigations. Paighton Houston's death is surely tragic, but it may not be the ONLY thing LE is focused on here. There very well may be a whole host of other investigative avenues being explored as a result of this entire situation, some local, some interstate, some federal.

An example. A person can have absolute knowledge of drug dealing going on in a particular residence. That person may tip LE. That does not necessarily mean LE will make an arrest at that residence immediately, or ever. So the person who phoned in the tip says HEY, why aren't they doing anything? There could be undercover agents working in that very residence, or there could be an ongoing investigation that said tip provided but a piece of a larger puzzle, or a whole host of other factors involved.

MOO, Paighton, and likely some of those she associated with, were drug addicts. This addiction thing is really unique. As to the question of differing stories, I'll say this. There's an old saying in my recovery circle, "When can you tell if an addict is lying?" Answer....."when their lips are moving".

MOO I think some of what went on here was an attempt to protect mom from the truth.
Not really following you. Who is protecting mom from the truth? If you are talking about her friends telling different stories, I think that would be more about protecting themselves than anything else.

which is a pattern for many speed users. I've known people who would stay up doing coke, then drink a bottle of nyquil, then black out, and start all over the next day.

Nyquil is a major 'antagonist,' to stimulants, and a bottle would lead to seizures, psychosis, paranoid frantic panick attacks, or possible death. If what u claim is true, and they survived without hurting themselves or another, experiencing one of the worst hangovers of their lifetimes, the next day, I can bet, that was the first and last time they drank a bottle of NyquilAfter using stimulants, nonetheless, an ounce or two which will cause many severe side effects, and sleeping is not one of comfort. Reverse reactions, not side effects occur with these antagonists.

A benzo, taken in a logical and reasonable dose, will result and lead to a restful safe comedown and eventual slumber.

Didn't kill me. You don't really sleep, you black out, and stop praying to come down. Ancient history. your probably right, I was probably lucky.

Not really following you. Who is protecting mom from the truth? If you are talking about her friends telling different stories, I think that would be more about protecting themselves than anything else.

MOO, I can easily surmise PH had been using for quite some time, mother in denial, friends desperate to keep the truth from mom. Yeah, there's a chance PH went straight out one night after a period of not using, and did the hard stuff. But I tend more toward believing she had been using other stuff off and on for a period of time. Who knows, it's all speculation.

When you run with addicts and alcoholics, it's hard to say what goes down. Lying, cheating, stealing, deception, untruths, rationalization, and justification are the norm.

Just in case the 101 drug class and tragic case of Paighton's discussion here triggers anyone.
My deepest condolences to all families whom are caught in this worldly drug storm.
Drugs do not discriminate.
Death does not either.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – 1-800-662-HELP (4357) National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD) – 1-800-NCA-CALL (622-2255) National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – 1-301-443-1124.

Addiction is defined as a disease by most medical associations, including the American Medical Association and the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Like diabetes, cancer and heart disease, addiction is caused by a combination of behavioral, environmental and biological factors.

I am thinking of Paighton's fellow circle from her rehab and meetings.
This must be very hard to see someone who climbed her mountain top to beat death.......to loose her life her battle on a Friday night before Christmas.
It happens and it's tragic.
Rest Easy Paighton
Your story will be told

MOO, I can easily surmise PH had been using for quite some time, mother in denial, friends desperate to keep the truth from mom. Yeah, there's a chance PH went straight out one night after a period of not using, and did the hard stuff. But I tend more toward believing she had been using other stuff off and on for a period of time. Who knows, it's all speculation.

When you run with addicts and alcoholics, it's hard to say what goes down. Lying, cheating, stealing, deception, untruths, rationalization, and justification are the norm.

I hope this doesn't come across as victim-blaming, because I'm not trying to do that. Drug users/addicts are usually crafty with their usage, especially after an intervention and seeing the pain of their family. It seemed like PH loved her family a whole lot and wanted to do whatever to make them happy. That being said, there could have been two versions of PH. One that her family saw that was clean, sober, and was past that life...and the other could be one that continued to use (maybe not as much) and was crafty with the scenarios to explain to her family as to her "not using." It's fair to think that her family thought 100% that she was drug-free and had left that life.

Also, I am of the belief that PH and FH knew each other, in some capacity.

This is all MOO.

I certainly agree that the likelihood of this being her first misstep is slim.

@Beth11311
What are your thoughts on why he went to the effort of burying her vs dumping her somewhere?
I assume it’s because others saw her with him or knew she was with him, and dumping her somewhere would have increased the likelihood of her being found. In a moment of panic, his best shot was to bury her and hope no one put two and two together. When interviewed I’m guessing he claimed that she left the party/house.
Additionally, we know that it’s common to dispose of a body (for any number of reasons) somewhere the perp is familiar with and comfortable. He knew he could bury her there and not be disturbed while doing so. The fear of prison is real - and he didn’t want to go back.

Is Robitussin a similar formula? Because I know a lot of people who would ‘robo trip’, and drink an entire bottle. Not necessarily combined with uppers, though. And they did it quite often, because you could simply buy it at the store.

Fredrick Hampton, 50, appeared in court Friday morning in Ohio after he was captured by U.S. Marshals earlier this week. According to Cuyahoga County court records, Hampton was advised of his constitutional rights and waived extradition. He was ordered to be turned over to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for transport back to the state.
Man accused of burying Paighton Houston in shallow grave returning to Alabama

Same article

"Hampton is not charged in Houston’s death, only with actions authorities say he took following her death, which in this case would be burying her. According to Alabama law, a person commits the crime of abuse of a corpse if he or she knowingly treats a human corpse in a way that would “outrage ordinary family sensibilities.” It is a Class C felony.

“We have evidence the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019,'' said Sheriff’s Office Deputy Chief David Agee in an earlier press conference. “We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton. We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of in a criminal manner by Fredrick Hampton.”

Am I the only one noticing the first few seconds of this video, a totally NOT heavy set dude there? o_O

I don't know. I think it depends on what you mean by "heavy set." If you mean overweight, then no, he definitely does not appear particularly heavy set. But if you mean of a stocky build, I think one could describe him as heavy set. He's not slim. In any event, regardless of whether the original description was entirely accurate, it seems pretty clear that they believe they have the right guy. The odds of them finding this guy before the body, then later finding her body in his family members' yard seem pretty remote.

I don't know. I think it depends on what you mean by "heavy set." If you mean overweight, then no, he definitely does not appear particularly heavy set. But if you mean of a stocky build, I think one could describe him as heavy set. He's not slim. In any event, regardless of whether the original description was entirely accurate, it seems pretty clear that they believe they have the right guy. The odds of them finding this guy before the body, then later finding her body in his family members' yard seem pretty remote.
Remember, the person that likely gave that description was GC, and she is tiny, barely five feet. What might not seem heavy to you or I, might to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772
Back