AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

Just heard the news on FH capture and PH accidental overdose. It’s a shame.
I feel like a lot of people on this thread (which I know you guys mean well) don’t really quite understand that anyone in recovery can relapse and accidentally overdose on a whim, the text that we know PH sent is odd yes but it’s not uncommon especially as paranoia sets in or feeling off from the effect of the drug/drug combo. There has been people on this thread who’ve shared their addiction experiences and people who have first hand lost a loved one to drugs, they have had really insightful advice. My sons father/ex husband passed from an overdose, sent me an odd text in the middle of the night and I didn’t see it till I woke up, but I knew that he must have relapsed because it was out of character for him, I didn’t know he died till I tried calling him back later in the morning. The denial I went thru was terrible, then having to explain to my son that his father passed, the grief process is almost unbearable. My point being is that on the outside PH looked like she was doing well but we will never truly know how she was feeling on the inside. It’s going to take the Houston family some grieving time that’s for sure. Addiction is terrible and heartbreaking for everyone involved. Had FH been a decent human being and called the police or brought her to the hospital rather than putting her in a grave then running off things would have been much different. Everyone here has showed so much love and respect for PH I’m glad that her family knows that there are so many people who care. But I really don’t believe there is a conspiracy here. It’s a sad situation but at least we know what happened.
As usual imo jmo moo
BBM
Hi @PezCandy ....thanks for this post....and this is not pointed directly at you..AT ALL
For me, I am so appreciative of the patience of everyone who've posted trying to educate those of us who've had no experience with drug addiction.
I can only speak for myself.
Intellectually, it's very easy to understand how easy it is to relapse...so, of course I get it.
But processing it emotionally....isn't as cut and dry.

https://name.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/a8f3230e-d063-4681-8678-e3d15ce9effb.pdf
This is a link to the protocol used by the National Medical Examiners board when investigating/reporting Opioid related deaths. The AL ME didn't just randomly decide this death was accidental. There are strict criteria that Medical Examiners must follow.
This paper is from 2013 so there might be a more current report out there...FYI

BBM
Hi @PezCandy ....thanks for this post....and this is not pointed directly at you..AT ALL
For me, I am so appreciative of the patience of everyone who've posted trying to educate those of us who've had no experience with drug addiction.
I can only speak for myself.
Intellectually, it's very easy to understand how easy it is to relapse...so, of course I get it.
But processing it emotionally....isn't as cut and dry.
For me the conclusion of a simple accident leaves a host of other details that simply don’t make sense. 1. Why, per the DA, were there different stories from those with PH that night?
2. Why was there initially suspicion that FH kidnapped someone?
3. Why did the sherif say the case was complicated?
4. Why did FH run?
5. Why was a great deal of financial resources put into this case to quickly hunt down FH?
6. Why is the FBI involved in the case?
7. Why did the US Marshall say both communities are now safer?
8. Why did the US Marshall say FH has no regard for human life if she was already dead?
9. Why was a Violent Fugitive Task Force called in at all?
10. What is the significance of FH being taken into custody hours before the release of the corners report? I don’t believe that was a coincidence. I think it was a well orchestrated plan on the part of LE but why?

There is still something(s) we don’t know in this case. Or else there is something much bigger going on than an accidental OD by PH and freak out burial. IMO

For me, this new information with the toxicology results makes sense. I can’t begin to tell you the number of people, many now dead, who were “doing great” until they simply weren’t. Addiction is a tricky, slippery beast.

I think we often want something to blame (it’s human nature)...and I’ve seen some asking how it would be known if PH had drugs forced upon her vs taking them herself.

Forcing someone to take drugs would not be a simple maneuver. If they’re taken orally, the person being forced still has to swallow, and if they aren’t willingly opening their mouth, their jaws would need to be pried open.

Regarding the idea of injecting someone against their will, what I do know, from experience, is that it’s hard enough to hit your own vein while remaining completely still. You’d need to either knock someone out or have several people holding them down to be able to get a good shot, if someone is squirming even a little bit, good luck.

If someone’s smoking the drugs, again, you would have to force them to inhale.

We also don’t know if she did a speedball or not, just that both drugs were in her system. As others have shared, it’s quite common to mix uppers and downers in that way.

I’m glad that FH is in custody. I’m glad that we have the tox back, and that hopefully PH’s family can start to grieve, and, hopefully heal. I don’t think this is anything more than it looks: a tragic OD, and an inconsiderate who buried her after-the-fact to avoid getting further wrapped up in a situation that clearly went sideways.

For me, this new information with the toxicology results makes sense. I can’t begin to tell you the number of people, many now dead, who were “doing great” until they simply weren’t. Addiction is a tricky, slippery beast.

I think we often want something to blame (it’s human nature)...and I’ve seen some asking how it would be known if PH had drugs forced upon her vs taking them herself.

Forcing someone to take drugs would not be a simple maneuver. If they’re taken orally, the person being forced still has to swallow, and if they aren’t willingly opening their mouth, their jaws would need to be pried open.

Regarding the idea of injecting someone against their will, what I do know, from experience, is that it’s hard enough to hit your own vein while remaining completely still. You’d need to either knock someone out or have several people holding them down to be able to get a good shot, if someone is squirming even a little bit, good luck.

If someone’s smoking the drugs, again, you would have to force them to inhale.

We also don’t know if she did a speedball or not, just that both drugs were in her system. As others have shared, it’s quite common to mix uppers and downers in that way.

I’m glad that FH is in custody. I’m glad that we have the tox back, and that hopefully PH’s family can start to grieve, and, hopefully heal. I don’t think this is anything more than it looks: a tragic OD, and an inconsiderate *** who buried her after-the-fact to avoid getting further wrapped up in a situation that clearly went sideways.
@Beth11311
What are your thoughts on why he went to the effort of burying her vs dumping her somewhere?

For me the conclusion of a simple accident leaves a host of other details that simply don’t make sense. 1. Why, per the DA, were there different stories from those with PH that night?
4. Why did FH run?
5. Why was a great deal of financial resources put into this case to quickly hunt down FH?
8. Why did the US Marshall say FH has no regard for human life if she was already dead?
10. What is the significance of FH being taken into custody hours before the release of the corners report? I don’t believe that was a coincidence. I think it was a well orchestrated plan on the part of LE but why?

There is still something(s) we don’t know in this case. Or else there is something much bigger going on than an accidental OD by PH and freak out burial. IMO

1. Why, per the DA, were there different stories from those with PH that night?
Stories from different people, especially those that are drinking or on drugs will always differ.

I believe that the second black man came forward quickly and Identified Hampton as the person that left with them.

Because it was complicated.

4. Why did FH run?
Because he'd just committed a crime that would put him back in jail for a long time, and LE was already on to him

He's a dangerous offender. I don't think any more resources were put in to finding him than any other dangerous criminal

Not sure. But not uncommon.

Because a dangerous offender was off the streets?

Because he didn't call for emergency assistance when she was in trouble.

Because they were looking for a fugitive with a history of violence?

Because at the point of his capture, the case was basically closed for LE.

It's kind of crazy to me that there are laws where someone can be charged with another person's death for providing them with (presumably clean) drugs. Now, when you're talking about substances that have been deliberately altered (like lacing with fentanyl) that's a different subject. But to charge a dealer with killing someone who chose to inject drugs is such a slippery slope and completely wild to me. Where does it stop? Do you charge the person who gave the deceased the drugs, and then also charge the person who sold the drugs to the provider....all the way down the line until you're bringing in folks from Columbia to charge for murder?

1. Why, per the DA, were there different stories from those with PH that night?
Stories from different people, especially those that are drinking or on drugs will always differ.

I believe that the second black man came forward quickly and Identified Hampton as the person that left with them.

Because it was complicated.

4. Why did FH run?
Because he'd just committed a crime that would put him back in jail for a long time, and LE was already on to him

He's a dangerous offender. I don't think any more resources were put in to finding him than any other dangerous criminal

Not sure. But not uncommon.

Because a dangerous offender was off the streets?

Because he didn't call for emergency assistance when she was in trouble.

Because they were looking for a fugitive with a history of violence?

Because at the point of his capture, the case was basically closed for LE.
I’m waiting to see what further charges are brought before I make all the above conclusions you have.
As invested as we’ve all been in this case, and the want to see FH captured, I just don’t think the same can be said for the FBI, US Marshall’s, and a Violent Fugitive Task Force who made this a priority, yet have much bigger fish to fry if FH is guilty of nothing more than burying a corpse. IMO

I’m waiting to see what further charges are brought before I make all the above conclusions you have.
As invested as we’ve all been in this case, and the want to see FH captured, I just don’t think the same can be said for the FBI, US Marshall’s, and a Violent Fugitive Task Force who made this a priority, yet have much bigger fish to fry if FH is guilty of nothing more than burying a corpse. IMO
I just don't understand why you feel there was any special effort put in to finding FH. It all seemed like common practice to me. When a low income perp goes on the run, more often than not they will end up with a relative or very close friend. LE will identify these possible locations, then LE in those areas, FBI or US Marshals will carry out searches. There is plenty of cooperation between the various law agencies.

It's kind of crazy to me that there are laws where someone can be charged with another person's death for providing them with (presumably clean) drugs. Now, when you're talking about substances that have been deliberately altered (like lacing with fentanyl) that's a different subject. But to charge a dealer with killing someone who chose to inject drugs is such a slippery slope and completely wild to me. Where does it stop? Do you charge the person who gave the deceased the drugs, and then also charge the person who sold the drugs to the provider....all the way down the line until you're bringing in folks from Columbia to charge for murder?
Certainly the person that provided the drugs to Paighton should be held accountable. They were breaking the law, and that transgression led to a death. Same as when you take a gun to a robbery and someone accidentally dies. You are charged with murder and anybody involved is charged with murder, even if they had no clue that a gun even existed.

I agree, and perhaps by the end of the investigation, a 'Paighton's Law' could be legislated.

FH has the answers to connect all dots.

Who introduced Paighton to FH or how did she meet the, going by latest pic, very rough, rung through a ringer, and left worse for wear, groundskeeper?

Who supplied the drugs?

Was it the ADD medication I take which is the only known methamphetamine and proper nomenclature of methamphetamine and cannot be made by dealers. Desoxyn - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses

My doc switches my prescription every 6 or so months to the only true to form, clean and pure speed, Evekeo. Evekeo - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses

Was it a street drug, with not one scintilla of methamphetamine in it's concoction, which, there is no generic form, extremely costly and very difficult to be prescribed without extensive ADD testing, ID scanned/certain paperwork filled, with puremethamphetamine as the ingredient, 60 shades opposite of Crystal Crack or Crystal Meth?
Crystal Meth Ingredients from drain cleaner
    • Brake fluid chemicals
    • Drano
    • Lithium, an ingredient in battery acid
    • Lighter fluid
    • Sudaphedrine or sudaphed
    • Chemicals in gasoline
    • The recipe contains hydrochloride
    • Iodine ephedrine
    • Isopropyl alcohol
    • Ether is used to make meth
    • Ingredients in freon
    • Paint thinner ingredients
    • White gasoline ammonia
    • Red phosphorus lye

Because he knew people saw her leave Tin Roof with him. He simply didn't want her to ever be found.
Certainly the person that provided the drugs to Paighton should be held accountable. They were breaking the law, and that transgression led to a death. Same as when you take a gun to a robbery and someone accidentally dies. You are charged with murder and anybody involved is charged with murder, even if they had no clue that a gun even existed.

Who suggested and hooked up a person to a specific dealer or was the person who shared their drug, should be held accountable for poisoning a subject, if victim is given anything other than what was requested, imo!

This is no different than poisoning a subject.

IMO, with this new untrustworthy drug age, of pretty f'd up in the minds individuals, please excuse the french, either dealers or so called friend hook ups or suppliers, who supply a different substance then requested and one more lethal and most likely to result in death, is murder, imo.

An example: A person requests heroin, specifically, and is instead mislead, and given, liquidized crystal meth (which is a drug that is shot up as well as smoked) mixed with morphine, a natural occurring opioid, in place, that is poisoning and it is murder, imo.

If a person asks me for a glass of a liquor concoction and I add Antifreeze to juice up and sweeten the Margarita requested, it's murder!

Carolyn was family, so this issue hits very close to home. It seemed kind of wild to me too, until I got the phone call that day, and heard my daughter weeping on the other end, saying "mom, Carolyn is dead". It's kind of impossible to not have it change your perspective when suddenly it's your family affected. Drug dealer imprisoned in landmark fentanyl OD case

The law that could get someone convicted for manslaughter/murder whatever for supplyimg the drugs to PH in AL is probably the very law that created the situation of hiding Paighton's body.

It will continue to happen. This is how that works.

A room of ppl seeing someone start to overdose...several of them had a hand in procuring the drugs. So which one will LE come for? Nobody is sure, they cover it up to protect themselves. Probably why ppl are still missing.

The law that could get someone convicted for manslaughter/murder whatever for supplyimg the drugs to PH in AL is probably the very law that created the situation of hiding Paighton's body.

It will continue to happen. This is how that works.

A room of ppl seeing someone start to overdose...several of them had a hand in procuring the drugs. So which one will LE come for? Nobody is sure, they cover it up to protect themselves. Probably why ppl are still missing.
I do suspect once FH starts talking, and the evidence begins to paint a clearer picture, there may be additional arrests. I mean, they did already say they have evidence she died in the house on McClain, so I just have to wonder who else was there, that named FH to LE as being the guy she was with that night.

Cartels sell naturally occurring opioids and the naturally occurring stimulant cocaine. The expense of this unadulterated pure and strong form will soon be made profitable by mixing a cheap yet ****important 'safe' filler, an example is crushed vitamin C, which is cheap in bulk, water soluble vitamin, which is impossible to overdose on this specific vitamin, is not fat soluble.

Depending on clients, and drug guys who either deal on their own or use runners, may add something the consumer is not requesting, at all. This is a rampant new age problem. People expecting to be buying a weakened highly unlikely to cause death, 2/3rds vitiman C : 1/3 coke, runner's dope or bar dope, are not expecting 300 proof moonshine in place of a shot of Bacardi's. They wish to party and be more in control of their action and enjoy a buzz, less intoxicating than a person drinking 4 glasses of Red Cabernet which equals a 1 bottle.

Coke, heroin, and pot sold with synthetic lethal and deadly crystal meth or fent, known to supplier, either friend or dealer, or knowledge that dealer is ominous and untrustworthy is equal to sending the person to their deaths, in my highest opinion!

Also, this was not necessarily the order in which the drugs were consumed. she could have been on opiates then later taken speed, or been on speed and later taken opiates to come down, which is a pattern for many speed users. I've known people who would stay up doing coke, then drink a bottle of nyquil, then black out, and start all over the next day.
I don't at this point have any reason to believe drugs were forced upon her. I'm not sure why many have a hard time believing she may have just been using and it cost her life.
I don't believe there is any big conspiracy here. For those who have a hard time understanding why she would have left with FH, I think there are other factors a play. To each his/her own. He may have been her type. Maybe not, but at any rate, not so sure why anyone takes issue with her leaving with him. She may not have known his SO status. Then again, she may have and didn't care. Also, she was grown. Not a young adult, but grown. I have no doubt FH should be in prison. He will probably get minor time for this charge, but should never have been out in the first place. Regardless, other than the burial, I don't believe there was an alternate ending to PH's life.

Fredrick Hampton, 50, appeared in court Friday morning in Ohio after he was captured by U.S. Marshals earlier this week. According to Cuyahoga County court records, Hampton was advised of his constitutional rights and waived extradition. He was ordered to be turned over to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for transport back to the state.
Man accused of burying Paighton Houston in shallow grave returning to Alabama

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back