Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if he could actually SEE police rummaging thru the trash and/or hurrying to the woods from windows. He apparently lives about 200 ft from Faye's home and those woods are right behind his home. One way or another I think he knew the jig was up, and hence the suicide.

There is also the possibility that there is digital evidence from the deceased male's home that LE needs to examine. (Lord, I hate even typing that.) Who knows - evidence may be found that someone was fervently following Faye's case online.

I would also think if there's anyone else who lived at CT's residence, they will also have to be checked and their whereabouts for a specific time Monday verified. CT may have lived alone, but we just don't know this.

I think LE has to walk a very slippery slope here and I really feel for them. Their efforts here have really shown how much they care about their community. I'm sure many of them also live in Cayce, so the time-consuming procedural stuff before info can be released has to be wearing on them, too.

All JMVHO

Yes they would definitely need more than that. The fact that both Faye and the owner of that bin are dead is very strong indication though. Common sense tells us what most likely happened here but absolutely they would need more evidence to be certain.

Ja, thats what I thought. Even though things could be SO obvious, it can be frustrating that the legal system requires more..... both a good and bad thing, depending on the case, I guess

I have to stay off the Cayce Public Safety and WLTX Facebook pages. Someone smack some sense into me. People are being so nasty, towards her mother, towards LE. I don't understand why people think it is ok to spew such hateful and ignorant ^#*@.

It’s all over Facebook, in the groups too. It’s so upsetting.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but I keep reading that police previously talked to him and searched his home. One news agency has even reported that, but what I heard a the press conference was that they had just "been in his home." That could just be, "knock, knock; hello, sir, we're in the neighborhood looking for a missing girl, may we come in and talk to you? great, thanks," steps inside and asks questions and leaves. No search. I know we get tied up in knots about whether it's a quote from LE or an interpretation by media, and I think this is one of those cases. Maybe I heard (*or remember) wrong.

Many child sexual predators know they have stolen their victims innocence and want to rectify what they’ve done (in some way) by killing the victim so they don’t have to live with the pain of the assault. Many were abused themselves and know what it will be like to grow up with that trauma.

of course I’m not making any excuses But just trying to explain the physiological profile of someone who might commit these types of murders

NO, JUST NO. They kill because they enjoy it and because they are covering their a$$e$. They have NO feelings whatsoever for their victims. NONE. Sickening.

I'm a bit stumped as to how this could have played out. Has there been any speculation on how CS might have originally abducted FMS? It doesn't look like there is a good clear line of vision between where she played and his address? The entrance to her block is pretty obscured by vegetation too. This is horrifying that it happened in broad daylight in a relatively shielded area. It makes me wonder if she wondered into Picadilly Square or if he drove by, saw an opportunity and abducted her in broad daylight. I'd guess the latter. Any info on what car he drove? I never saw any updates on the Silver Sedan.

What's up with his facebook account? I can't find it.

So sad and scary how life can change so fast.

Here is most of the transcript from the press conference this morning ( 2/14/2020). Minus last question asking how the family is doing right now. There may be a few errors in spelling. Hopefully I managed to correct and find most.
Evan Antley and coroner Margaret Fisher are speaking.

"Good morning
My name is Evan Antley the sergeant and public information officer with a Cayce Department of Public Safety. I'd like to welcome you here and thank you for your patience . In the beginning we promised you daily case updates and that's what we're here to do today. Before we get into this too far I won't ever want to continue to pray for Faye Swetlik. This has been a horrible situation for our community and department. I want to thank you for your patience with us as a department. Yesterday was a tough day possibly the toughest in some of our law enforcement careers.
Some of you have requested 911 audio from the initial report. I'm happy to say that we have that for you. This morning . They have been redacting personal information over the last few hours. I will have that out for you in a few short minutes after this press conference.
Yesterday you saw investigators and agents with SLED and the Federal Bureau of Investigation following city of Cayce Municipal sanitation trucks through the neighborhood of Churchill Heights emptying trash cans and looking to see what came out before it was entered into the truck.
As part of that search a critical item of evidence related to our investigation of bringing Faye Swetlik home. Based on that discovery, we narrowed down a area that we felt as an investigative team that we needed to go back to and look for more evidence. Director Byron Snellgrove and other leaders area planning another methodical a another search of the area even though we've been there multiple times . We were going back . During the early planning stages of that search, director Byron Snellgrove located the body of Faye Marie Swetlik.
What we can tell you is this investigation in based on the information on the preliminary information that we received from the coroner's office had not been in that location for a very long time at all. A short time later after locating Faye Marie Swetlik, we located a deceased male at 602 Picadilly Square and what I'ld like to do now is to let Lexington County coroner Margaret Fisher step up to make ID on that person.

Margaret Fisher: Hey everybody I want to say thank you okay so diligently and thank you for your patience and allow in my office and all the other law enforcement agencies to to handle business and to get me information we need and you guys have been so patient with waiting on all the news releasesy so we really do appreciate that.
I'm here to identify the male that was found at the scene. I'll spell his name is going to be a Caucasian male . He is 30 years old. His first name is Coty. Middle name is Scott. Last name is Taylor. He did reside at 602 Picadilly Square and as you know the autospy for him will probably be on Saturday as well and we won't know any information on the cause of death until after the autopsy is completed and then at that time will I'm sure we'll do another news release and give you that information but it's going to be Saturday probably by Saturday afternoon we'll know more about about him okay. Thank you.

Evan Antley: I've got more to give you so there's a lot of questions out there what I can tell you is this the male body that was just identified as Coty Taylor and our investigation does link these two together that he was a neighbor he was not a relative. He was not a friend. He was merely a neighbor who lived in Churchill Heights. At this time I want to assure you our community and all of our parents out there that there is no no reason to believe that there is not an active threat in the Churchill Heights community or the city of Cayce as a whole.
We have no suspects at this time.
We have made no arrests.
And We are not seeking any Persons of Interest as of this time.
Lastly i want to say this, again this has been a tragic for our community for our Department for everyone who has been following the story of Faye Marie Swetlik. We want to thank the community for their tips. Without them we may not be where we are. We want to thank that neighborhood we went in there and turned their lives upside down we made them leave for work we searched their homes and we invaded their privacy.
But we did it for a reason and we had a goal
This is not the outcome we wanted, but this is where we are and our work continues to bring Justice for Faye Marie Swetlik, I do have time for questions. There are some things about this investigation and I'm not going to be able to tell you about. But i do have time for questions and we can take those now.
Yes sir in the back

Question: Did you say where they were both found? IF they were both found in his residence and if so where?

Antley: I can answer that for you, so her body, Faye Marie Swetlik was located in a wooded area between her residence and the NAPA Auto Parts where we did our briefings earlier in the week.
The body of Coty Taylor was located at his residence, but I'm not going to get into specifics but it was it was at his residence .

Question: ..............are you able to detail the piece of evidence found behind the trash can
Yes ma'am, so I just I want to clarify we do still have an open investigation that right now what we are looking at is just what i gave you, but because we don't have any suspects now, we want to make sure there's not anyone else involved in The Disappearance of Faye Marie Swetlik so I can tell you it was a critical piece of evidence and what i can confirm it is it was a critical piece of evidence that would have been listed on the missing persons flyer

Next question

Question: do you believe that Coty killed Faye?
Answer: I can't comment on an ongoing investigation again, but what i will tell you is that they (Coty and Swetlik) are linked
Question: Where was the evidence found?
A: yes in a trashcan belonging to 602 Picadilly Square which is the residence of Coty Taylor in the back.

Question :
How close is his house to her house?

A: a hundred 250 ft so all in that area there is Londonderry Square 100 to 150 ft has two lanes of right next to each other

Question : Did Coty Taylor have a criminal record or was he known to ........
A: He has no criminal history and he was not known to law enforcement

Question: ...........was his death a homicide and do you have a date of birth for him
Coroner: I'm not going to stand up here and speculate on his cause of death at this time we're going to wait to cooperate with her friends of pathologist before we say anything about that I do have a date of birth for him it is 3/19/1989 they will know more about his cause of death tomorrow.

Question: Have you searched Mr. Taylor's home before law enforcement found him?

A: We had talked to Mr Taylor. We had been inside his home.

Question: Was the body of Faye buried or was it......

A: I am not gonna comment on the condition of her body. It would be insensitive at this time

Question: .......asking about DNA
"They are linked, I cannot give you the specifics on how"

A: We want more information about Coty Taylor starting at 3:44 Monday afternoon up until the time that we announced that we have found his body.

JMO but I think there may be legalities involved with the police stating whether or not CT could be involved. I think they will wait until after the autopsies. Perhaps they need to check to see if there is shared DNA or something along those lines? The world is a crazy place and I think they have to take everything into consideration even if something seems to be obvious to them. MOO

I believe this is absolutely true. They don't want to give out info that they aren't 100% sure is accurate. If he were to end up being innocent or they didn't have enough evidence to absolutely say he was a killer, his family could sue. And of course, the PD wouldn't want to hurt their reputation if they put something out there too soon and ended up being wrong. I'm glad they are waiting and getting all their ducks in a row. Faith and her family deserves that.

I imagine Faye's killer was eager to dispose of her body and any evidence connecting her to him/his residence etc. Monday night the police were probably all over those woods, had canines in, etc., possibly into Tuesday. If garbage day in the area was Thursday, I am assuming the killer disposed of everything Wednesday night. Probably felt that once that garbage was collected on Thursday, there would be no connecting this crime to him.

If he heard the garbage truck come down his street, would he be watching? Could he have seen the police recovering the item? Apparently he had never imagined the police would search all the trash. If the killer saw that, I imagine he knew it was just a matter of time.

I also wonder what could have been seen from those apartments through the windows that faced the woods. Would you have seen a growing number of flashing red and blue lights in the NAPA parking lot? Would you have seen investigators walking in those woods again?

Jenna Kurzyna on Twitter
This is the back of Coty Taylor’s apartment 602 Picadilly Dr. Officials say he is the male who was found dead the same afternoon at 6-year-old #FayeSwetlik @WLTX
EQwMISSW4AAUtMo.jpg

12:27 PM - 14 Feb 2020

SBM
Look at those garbage cans. Maybe her body was transported in one of those, from where it had been, to within the woods. Or if she had still been alive at that point, hard to type that. And maybe upon emptying the can, that "crucial" piece of evidence was left.

Jessica Lunsford's murderer kept her alive for 3 days before he buried her alive, IIRC.

Yes they would definitely need more than that. The fact that both Faye and the owner of that bin are dead is very strong indication though. Common sense tells us what most likely happened here but absolutely they would need more evidence to be certain.

Yes, here's pictures out by his complex showing multiple trash cans where anyone in the complex - or for that matter anyone living in the area - could plant stuff in them, which you can see the trash cans in pictures 3-5 if you click through them at the very top:
Homicide investigation underway after missing SC 6-year-old, Faye Swetlik, found dead
The reason why I think it's important to not be definitive is I remember the Ingrid Lynn case where the murderer put body parts in various people's trash cans, which the murderer wasn't the one whose trash can had her body parts in it. There's just a whole range of scenarios where you need more than just a piece of evidence found in a trash accessible to dozens of people in the neighborhood and a dead body where in addition to being sure you have the right person, you also want to make sure you capture any accomplices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member