Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't favor it personally. There are way too many variables. I know I am frequently understood here because of the way I use language.
Different cultures, accents dialects means that for me statement analysis is only of very minor interest to no interest at all. It's value is extraordinarily limited.
In relation to other kinds of data bases, I suppose we have them in cases and we learn a lot from each case we work on. The ethos here is victim friendly and it keeps us on the straight and narrow, working with facts and speculating on facts. I suppose we learn to think in certain ways.
You're really welcome to Websleuths and I hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks, I appreciate how welcoming you have all been and that many have taken time to respond. Many people uphold the view that there are 'lies, lies and damned statistics' and I would agree that they can be dangerous and manipulated to support any argument.

There can be no doubt that our world is becoming increasingly driven by algorithms though and it seems to me that individuals/organisations that make use of them effectively are becoming more successful than those who choose to ignore the phenomenon.

If you take fields such as investing, professional betting, fantasy sports, insurance or just about anything that those with a flair for maths might be drawn to, those who make decisions based upon emotion tend to be exploited by those who live by cold hard numbers and logic.

Most of us also have a tendency to be short-term results-oriented, when it comes to this sort of thing; 'See you came up with all these dumb statistics, but I told you the Cubs would win and they did so you can throw your stupid system in the trash!'

As annoying as they can be, those who take a data-driven approach tend to win out in the long-run. But this will only happen if the system has been created by somebody smart enough to do it properly. I'm certainly not smart enough, myself!

Last edited:
My nephew lives 40 miles away from Gannon's home. He starts his vacation tomorrow for finally a 3 week break from work that he hasn't had in 4 years. He also has 8 other good friends that want to volunteer to help out with any search starting tomorrow.
For a 26 year old young man, no children that wants Gannon found an giving up his vacation speaks volumes.
He is overwhelmed with sadness over his disappearance. He says a vast majority of people do believe that SM is to blame.
He has been praying like all of us that Gannon is found one way or another. He says Everyone needs to keep hope alive for Gannon.
❤❤❤

Your nephew sounds like a good human..

Jmo but when LE is giving lots of updates, more people will call in their “tips”. All too often, their tip is more of a suggestion or an opinion...but anyway.

On another note, whatever blood may or may not have been found by LE, clearly there was not a significant amount, imo, as police are insisting they hope to find Gannon alive, or were until recently, and in many cases, we see “deceased/not found” when police have evidence that a missing person is indeed dead. I think they would say so, if they had found a definite crime scene.

But the types of searching makes it clear they are looking for his body...imo.

This got me thinking. If she believes he ran away, then why had she never made any appeals for him to come home, offering him assurance that no one is mad at him?

If she believes he was kidnapped, then why no appeals to the kidnappers to release him?

Instead, she’s gone from he ran away, to implying that he was kidnapped. It’s nothing if not half-assed.

She knows exactly what happened, because she did it to him. And she’s not fooling anyone.

Well, she did promise he could wear his new Sonic shirt she hung in his closet to the movies (Sonic the Hedgehog) if he came home. (Right, and maybe he can wear the shirt in the background when she's demanding her public apology, again). MOO

I know the reported sighting turned out not to be GS. My point is, who reported it originally? How did they know GS was missing? I did not locate any MSM or LE statement that indicated who was the original reporter of that sighting.

My understanding is that the store reported it after they checked their surveillance cameras and saw a boy who looked very similar. That K&G is 4.9 miles from GS house and I’m guessing that word spread quickly to nearby businesses. JMO. News story was one day after he was missing.
Missing: 11-year-old boy last seen Monday in Lorson Ranch neighborhood - KRDO
ETA Local news was reporting the *advertiser censored* and Go sighting before noon on Tuesday 1/28 as seen by this tweet. They corrected it soon after when it turned out to not be GS.
KRDO NewsRadio on Twitter

Last edited:
Okay, back from last drive by of the day.

The EPSCO mobile command unit and mobile cell tower are still at the staging area. No activity there or at the search site.

President’s Day would be a fine day for them to bring Gannon home.

I don't favor it personally. There are way too many variables. I know I am frequently understood here because of the way I use language.
Different cultures, accents dialects means that for me statement analysis is only of very minor interest to no interest at all. It's value is extraordinarily limited.
In relation to other kinds of data bases, I suppose we have them in cases and we learn a lot from each case we work on. The ethos here is victim friendly and it keeps us on the straight and narrow, working with facts and speculating on facts. I suppose we learn to think in certain ways.
You're really welcome to Websleuths and I hope you enjoy it here.
I think that's exactly why Statement Analysis is not allowed here. There are just too many ways to interpret words and behavior.

However I do think investigators look at interviews and consider a person's demeanor and choice of words to look for deception and credibility.

We have all been doing the same since TS did her first interview. Although many thought we wouldn't hear from her again, we were hoping she would keep talking and sure enough, she did.

Imo

@gingergina
I want to respond to your post, but didn’t have an opportunity. Here is the post I am responding to:
You said:
“I don’t disagree at all. But the physical resemblance between the little girl and LH are crazy. If it were only to *mess* with LH, the little one was such a target.”

What I mean is not that LS targeted Gannon to punish LH....what LS has been doing since Gannon has been missing IS directed toward LH. All the lies, the double-talk, you know, mind games? It just so HAPPENED that Gannon is the one that LS hurt. So LS is using Gannon’s disappearance to hurt LH. IMO LS flipped her wig over something Gannon did & hurt him to the point she could not cover up the abuse. A lot of posters here feel that is what happened & I am in agreement with that.
I hope that made sense? I really believe that Gannon, possibly due to medical issues, really “bothered” LS. She stated how she “took care of this boy for 2 yrs.” That is very telling...it says, IMO that it was hard for HER to handle Gannon’s medical issues. LS was harsh with Gannon, because in her eyes, Gannon might have been less compliant, but his little sister was compliant. It makes sense, looking at it in that way to see why it is Gannon missing & not his little sister. LS sounds like she blames Gannon. It makes me sick typing this stuff...because no real mom sees ANY CHILD as a burden, but I do believe that is exactly how LS sees him...MOO

The EPSCO mobile command unit and mobile cell tower are still at the staging area. No activity there or at the search site.

would a 4wd such as hers or a vehicle such as the VW have been able to comfortably reach the site without having had to walk , did you notice by any chance, please?

would a 4wd such as hers or a vehicle such as the VW have been able to comfortably reach the site without having had to walk , did you notice by any chance, please?

Isn't the 'site' by the side of the road? Regardless, I had the Frontier and it will get you out of a rough spot but I wouldn't exactly classify it as off road.

And unrelated but I'd just like to thank everyone for finally, shutting up... about the damn microphone :(

It would seem LE is quite adamant to finding something at the location. I would like to believe LE is working from GPS/coordinate data but it still could be based on eyewitness report of seeing a red truck along that stretch, possibly parked on or near the property.

The extended search also could be based on LE may have located an item(s) relevant to the case and is ensuring for a complete and thorough vetting of the area.

These particular searches have been quite intense, elbow-to-elbow progressions; I expect the search method is common for a snow state such as Colorado. It's reassuring to see, knowing that they are being very thorough.

And, the odd element to this: LE has indicated they hope to bring GS home safe.

I
Stupid question:

Is it just hopeful speculation that the truck has some sort of GPS system that stores location data, or is this factual based on the year and model?

Does a vehicle need to have navigation to have GPS? Or is this technology pretty universal these days and not necessarily only in cars with Navi?
It appears Nissan has VTRS tracking on their vehicles. If you look it up it appears it tracks everything including speed. It also appears you can subscribe to a service to get real time updates. I'll bet even if you don't subscribe that gps is tracking you and someone in computer dataland is using that info for some type of purpose.

There actually is a well-devised system that's been used for years by LE.....statement analysis.

Police departments attend training sessions lead by professionals.

There are some sleuthers here who doubt its veracity.

911 calls often point the finger in a certain direction as a long list of tells are analyzed, several of which Go997 mentioned.

Edited to remove name.
That is a very interesting. I just spent the last 30 minutes reading about how analytics are used in law enforcement. I never knew how much they use it to analyze large amounts of data quickly. This in one of the reasons I really enjoy this website and the people that post here. I learn something new everyday.

“good to go” is a common term I used with my kids after they got hurt, I picked it up from my grandmothers. I think it’s comforting, your good and now go play, no more tears or fears sort of comfort in those words.
I agree; I've used the term "good to go" in gaming also. IMO it doesn't mean anything nefarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa