Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE IT IS! Just posted on KDVR by Nicole Fierro. The person interviewed is former CO Attorney General Cynthia Coffman, who Fierro says has become close to GS's bio parents over the last few weeks. No new info as far as I can tell.

Investigators focus on specific location as search for Gannon Stauch reaches third week

Coffman speaks of the parents being in unbearable anguish (as most of us ascertained).

“You can imagine the emotional turmoil they are having now,” Coffman said, adding, “They are strong people. Al and Landen are sticking together and they have great families to support them, but it hurts. It hurts and it hurts more every day.”

Coffman says as the days go one, the updates have become less frequent for the family.

“The family sees what you see and what you are reporting and law enforcement is only able to give them the barest details of what is happening,” Coffman said. “They don’t want to compromise the investigation.”
Thank you so much for this. I had to take the trash out and make supper, so I had to leave this go for awhile. Gannon's parents are in my prayers. I can't fathom how it is for them to be as in the dark as the public is.

Having the proof for a no body case is the goal now.
Later if they don't find the body they may end up dealing down for the body allowing the killer to avoid the DP and recovering Gannon.
I've seen that in more cases here than I can count where the DA offers to take the DP off the table or otherwise lower a charge. This case is interesting as LE hasn't arrested anyone yet. Or even named a POI. I'd love to know what the DA is thinking in terms of strategy though it may be too early.

IF LS is involved then she may be a tough nut to crack.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if they think a plow might have pushed or scattered something under the snow...that then rested on top. If that makes sense.
I've seen a deceased dog "standing" upright, pushed into a bank by a plow, that was most likely under the fresh snow, before the plow came along. :(

So yes, it makes much sense.

HERE IT IS! Just posted on KDVR by Nicole Fierro. The person interviewed is former CO Attorney General Cynthia Coffman, who Fierro says has become close to GS's bio parents over the last few weeks. No new info as far as I can tell.

Investigators focus on specific location as search for Gannon Stauch reaches third week

Coffman speaks of the parents being in unbearable anguish (as most of us ascertained).

“You can imagine the emotional turmoil they are having now,” Coffman said, adding, “They are strong people. Al and Landen are sticking together and they have great families to support them, but it hurts. It hurts and it hurts more every day.”

Coffman says as the days go one, the updates have become less frequent for the family.

“The family sees what you see and what you are reporting and law enforcement is only able to give them the barest details of what is happening,” Coffman said. “They don’t want to compromise the investigation.”

Many thanks for posting the interview

I don't think there will be an announcement of anything tonight. I know Daytona went over, but that wouldn't stop other networks or reporters on Twitter from covering a development.

Another day has gone by.

I just can't comprehend that there is SoMeone who knows where Gannon is and isn't telling. The word "cruel" keeps coming to my mind in this case but that's not strong enough.

jmo

So it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility to assume that a bird or an animal picked up part of a body and dropped it at this location?
who would tell them one body part had been dropped there? the bird? just saying I think that's stretching things a little far and while buzzards will sure eat anything dead they also leave a very big mess behind.

Totally driving me nuts.

I'll be sad if what they find only further links someone to a particular route, but doesn't get them a lot closer to finding Gannon.

I think the sifters have only been there for two days max (and there couldn't have been as many yesterday). Before that, they were grid searching (quite a bit along fence lines) with poles, the kind they use to probe in snow.

While the FBI did not confirm it, the particular group that's there apparently has the ability to get electronics sniffing dogs.

Also, some dogs were taken to the house and then (apparently) taken back. Perhaps the dogs picked up an intermittent scent along the road/fenceline area.

They likely used metal detectors, as well, and there were probably lots of hits...

Spencer Wilson is saying EPCSheriff confirmed snow sifting since Wednesday, but didn't elaborate. There must be some very hard lead that's keeping them there. I am in utter awe of these people.

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

Step children are at for a greater risk of abuse or homicide from stepparents, including stepmothers.
I believe it. With all cases, but especially parent/stepparent child murder cases, I always pray the child didn't see it coming. That's why I find the Conner & Brinley Synder case so disturbing. It's hard to get on that thread. MOO

In a way, I wish we wouldn't have seen Gannon on the video (of course, I know it's great evidence) because then I could think he was fast asleep when something happened to him. I just pray Gannon didn't see it coming. MOO

Snipped

Each day, a family is in agony wondering where their child is and if they’ll ever see him again.

Former Attorney General Cynthia Coffman has become close with Gannon’s biological parents over the past three weeks. She’s seen their pain and is serving as their spokesperson.

“This is personal anguish at a level I’ve never seen,” Coffman said.

“Not knowing and seeing images that are disturbing of searches of evidence collection makes the mind race to what is potentially there or not there,” Coffman said.

“The waiting is so difficult that having answers may be helpful to the family but if they are not the answers that we all want to hear then it will be an extraordinarily difficult time.”

I know this theory is getting "out there", but what if this is an "initial" dump site?

And someone realized that the body wasn't very well hidden, and that it would be found. So, either they moved the body, or someone helping them moved the body so it "would never be found".

I realize it would probably be difficult for the prime suspect to do this because that person is probably being watched / followed by LE (unless it was done in the first few days after the disappearance).

But how did LE zero in on this spot? I would think there would be little to no evidence there after a body was removed. Was someone seen by a neighbor, or passer-by, in this exact spot? Days after he was reported missing? Was LE not called right away, or the suspects were gone when LE got there?

Again, I know this theory is "out there". I think it could be "possible", but it is based on a few facts and A LOT of speculation. It is the only thing I can come up with to explain the sifting.......that he was there at some point, but no longer is.

MOO

A group of 10 Vultures can do plenty of damage in 24 hours with carrion, including flying away with some of it and dropping it.

Absolutely! Same with eagles. Rate of scavenging correlates with what wildlife are in the area. Goes without saying that a deer carcass will disappear much faster if lions, coyotes, wolves and large scavenger birds are present as opposed to just a few coyotes. Many trying to generalize when in fact scavenging rates vary greatly from region to region.

Whenever I see footage of the search area all I can think is “talk about finding a needle in a haystack”

...to have to sift to find something? Dang.

Indeed.

The fact that LE has to sift to find whatever they're looking for does not inspire a great deal of confidence that they'll find it.

I admire the effort tremendously.

That doesn't mean I expect those efforts to pan out for them.

Figuratively OR literally.

JMO.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read too much into wildland crews showing up. They're sometimes used for extra manpower on things like SAR missions during the off-season. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the nature of the evidence, these crews don't routinely handle such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_thinking