Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. There must be evidence of all those methods (blunt force, firearm, stabbing) and probably they do not know what was the COD.
I assume he was found with evidence of abuse (probably the blunt force trauma / knife or sharp object - there was the blood in the house) when she snapped and injured him. And then, she killed him to hide the abuse probably using a firearm. (does she have a firearm registered?? or Al? I am sure LE would have looked into registered weapons )

Not a lawyer but I assume if there was no evidence of firearm used then there wouldn't be a firearm charge. I assume they did toxicology and that's why there is no mention of poisoning / OD on medicine like some of us thought.

MOO of course

It's possible they immediately knew the CoD if it was gun-related. At least, it would have been "the fatal injury" no matter what else went on.

IMO, LE would have advised they were proceeding with a "no body" case ... but as long as Gannon had not been found at that point, I'm sure his parents held onto that last shred of hope until they couldn't any longer.

I have also held out hope the little guy would come home and come home alive.. I guess not now though. Reality, my heart is broken. I’m thinking whoever drove him and dumped him must have drove right through my town literally minutes from my house, I live right off the main interstate that runs through Georgia, and an FBI Agent that I know from here is on the witness list. This is going to be one hell of a hard ride for all of us here. May you rest now little Son of Jesus Gannon, justice will be coming soon baby boy..

A

FBI Agents from
TX LA MS GA FL SC are cited in the arrest warrant as witnesses.

The place he was found is interesting. South bound lane on 90 going opposite direction of her SC destination. 10 is thebroute and 90 a loop to the north going over the Escambia River, services and then through Pace. Easy
access back to 10.
The crime tape goes down the embankment.
Hard to tell if body hidden in the bushes beneath the wedge of the north bound lanes which would be very well hidden, or he was more or less left on the visible embankment slope.
At that point there are a two seperate two lane highway bridges, one for north and one for south.
they know her trail, so interesting

No, but it could be the cause of all the blood they found in the house.
Join Leigh Egan and me tonight at 10:00 PM Eastern on Websleuths Live YouTube. We'll discuss the devastating new developments including the discovery of Gannan Stauch's body in Florida. TONIGHT 10:00 PM Eastern. Click the link.
Websleuths
Can Leigh reveal the blacked out car rental info? I sure hope so!

If she did use the knife or sharp object to dismember, wouldn’t that be a different charge? Like desecration of a corpse or something similar instead of using the object in violence? I think she stabbed him. MOO

Note that there's a charge about a human body and desecrating or whatever the language is. But I don't think that's what happened.

This made me laugh, much needed! I pay attention to plates, mostly because I homeschool three kids and we just have a habit of pointing them out. PLUS, the green\white of CO plates is pretty! She likely went thru Tallahassee, however I had surgery Feb 5 so wouldn't have seen, much less recall her had I seen her. I've paid attn to this case from the start but never had reason to look for her. I do pay attention to bodies found, mostly bc I hold on to the hope Heather Elvis will be found, among others missing. I just never expected Gannon. Lesson learned....
happy you cracked a smile! I hope you’re feeling better.

Quoting my own self. What did she do with Gannon the days previous?? to Feb 3rd? Sleuthers??
We have no idea.
Yet. no odor
Most likely she placed him in a container, sealed his body, possibly in heavy duty plastic.
Left the suitcase wherever she was, nobody notices suitcases in hotels, they are full of them.
Was she not staying in a hotel until she scampered off to SC?

Sometime after Friday 31 January. Maybe even on the same day. If she sealed it correctly no odor would have escaped.
Perfectly normal for her to carry a suitcase as she had left home.
This is not difficult at all.

Dropped suitcase off on the journey.
LE wouldn't have taken any particular notice of her carrying a suitcase with her.

I don't know if this has already been discussed- I'm still catching up. It looks like she brought Gannon's body to Pace, FL between 2/3 and 2/5, Impossible to imagine how she did this. Gannon died on 1/27.
Letecia Stauch facing new charges after stepson's remains found in Florida

"The EPCSO is asking anyone for information if they have seen Letecia Stauch in Pace or Pensacola, Florida, between Feb. 3 through Feb. 5 to call the tip line...

In a criminal complaint listing the charges against Letecia Stauch, there is also a redacted list containing witnesses from multiple locations ranging from Colorado, Texas, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Washington, Washington D.C. and Florida.

It also details witnesses from various businesses, such as gas stations, car rental businesses and banks."

She left quite a trail.

Why and how did she visit all those states??

Texas AND Washington D.C.??

I'm trying hard to fathom any trip that would encompass all these destinations, or why.

Yes some smell- but many studies show that decomp smells less after the first 2-4 weeks.... but yes def still smells

Also, don't forget the "nose-blind" phenomenon. Horrible as it is to say, TS might have gotten used to it. :(

The fact that this was all over the news from the very start is what makes this so mind boggling, surely she would know there is a high possibility that her every move could have been tracked from that point.
bbm
Very good post.^^^

I wish he could've been found much sooner and his parents spared having to wait this long.
I think in the beginning TS was person of interest to many including quite a few of us at WS ; but without it being 'official' maybe LE couldn't place a tracker on her car or rental, or follow her around in CO -- and when she left the state ?
Sorry if this was answered in this thread already.

Thread is moving too fast for me to keep up! However I've always been sure that LE had tons of tracking info on LS, but the length of time it's taken to find this sweet boy & the fact that his final location was just stumbled upon by workers leads me to question that. I'll stick with my original conclusion that LE found his original location in CO but obviously he was moved, and at a later date when LE was onto LS. So how was she able to dispose of him out of state so far away AND they weren't able to track where she went??

I'm trying hard to fathom any trip that would encompass all these destinations, or why.

Also, don't forget the "nose-blind" phenomenon. Horrible as it is to say, TS might have gotten used to it. :(
She drove through TX, LA, MS, FL, GA, SC

dup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads