Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree.
In my opinion this case needs to be independently investigated at this point. Carter sounds like a babbling idiot when he talks about the two sketches. I KNOW LE has tried hard. I KNOW they want to solve it. But that’s all they say anymore. Defending how hard you’ve work isn’t changing the mistakes made or helping solve the case now. It is shocking how far off the rails this has gone since the April 2019 PC. We were all so hopeful. Independently investigate. Not just some TV show spouting out ISP-speak.

it might also be an unreasonable approach to break the neutrality regarding the families. Constant interviews with the families at podcasts and shows. <modsnip: Do not make insinuations that family are involved>And at the very same time, DC says that no one has yet been fully cleared - what message does it give? I am totally confused.

I know he is honest and sincere. I think DC is a good, warm guy. A true gentleman. But is it enough for the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Gray Hughes video about the connection with RL and GK but it is very long and I haven’t watched it. I believe AG herself is from Delphi. They are a badass couple and I hope they get life. Like I said..I have never heard LE suspects him but I think a lot of people really wonder about him.

I saw a short interview of DC on the bridge where he called the murder scene “nauseating”, if not stronger.

I think GK has nothing to do with it, but his moral, or rather, immoral, qualities are such that people can imagine him being able to commit an ugly murder, with an ugly scene. This is why he constantly pops up as the poi.

There is probably a couple of other POIs who might have an alibi for the time, but are still considered, because “from guys like these, you can expect anything”. While others, who have no alibi, are overlooked because “him? No way!”

in the new in pursuit show they say " as soon as abby and libby walked onto the trail they were being followed" something to that effect

but i found that interesting

listening to becky on the live show last night, it was heartbreaking hearing her recount that day

And you can't unring that bell. So what people have to work with is, look at the way he walks (shows 2 steps) listen to his voice(4 words), we need that 1 tip, that 1 missing piece! Beyond frustrating for those wanting to help get justice for the girls. I try to think what the girls families are feeling and I think it goes beyond words. I truly give them so much credit for keeping as composed as they are, I don't think I could do it. MOO
You're absolutely right. You can't unring that bell, which is why I tend to disregard the sketches. The video provides more than enough information to make an identification.

Besides his walk and his words, this is a man speaking authoritatively, wearing grown men's clothing - identifiable clothing I might add.

I know what clothing my husband has because I wash them. If this is a single man, surely someone from his place of employment has seen that jacket before. There's a good chance this wasn't a brand new jacket he wore that day and someone he knows has seen it before.

And someone should recognize that voice. So either someone is in denial about his involvement or the right person hasn't seen the video, which means it's time to flood the airwaves with it.

You're absolutely right. You can't unring that bell, which is why I tend to disregard the sketches. The video provides more than enough information to make an identification.

Besides his walk and his words, this is a man speaking authoritatively, wearing grown men's clothing - identifiable clothing I might add.

I know what clothing my husband has because I wash them. If this is a single man, surely someone from his place of employment has seen that jacket before. There's a good chance this wasn't a brand new jacket he wore that day and someone he knows has seen it before.

And someone should recognize that voice. So either someone is in denial about his involvement or the right person hasn't seen the video, which means it's time to flood the airwaves with it.
i dont think, a killer is walking the trails/bridge in broad daylight, wearing his every day work clothes. if he was unprepared like that, why did he get away so well and fast? meanwhile for 3 long years. what is the mystery with him, that of the 50.000 tips at least 10.000 arent for his person?

in the new in pursuit show they say " as soon as abby and libby walked onto the trail they were being followed" something to that effect

but i found that interesting

listening to becky on the live show last night, it was heartbreaking hearing her recount that day
The show got a few things wrong, that may be one of them.

I tend to believe this killer lives by himself and while he might have a social circle of co-workers and acquaintances he still maintains a distance from them. That is, those around him don't really know him because he does not let them know him. Therefore I don't think there is anyone out there that has connected him to this crime.

Your last sentence, though, is key. IF there is someone out there that sees a connection they could very well be in denial. One classic a few of us mention on here is the murder of Morgan Harrington in Charlottesville VA. Through DNA and a similar crime, LE had a sketch of who murdered Morgan. Her murderer, Jesse Matthew, was a Charlottesville cab driver with a history of sexual assaults and his co-workers made fun of him and how he looked like the sketch. They would say later that every time they poked fun at him because of it he got strangely quiet and sometimes would just get up and leave. One could say they were in denial. Matthew would go on to murder another college co-ed, Hannah Graham, before he was arrested.

As far as the right person, that could very well be. There was a case in my area, A J Hadsell went missing. The news networks here were flooded with the case for weeks. Yet, almost every time I brought it up the person never heard of the case or it was, "Oh that girl. Yeah I remember hearing her name on the news, but I really don't know anything about it." Kensi German herself has said she runs into many fellow students who either didn't know about her sister's murder or they know very little. From my experience those on here who follow certain crimes on here are in a very small minority. From what I've seen of others they either get their news on the internet - choosing what they want to read - or if they watch it on the news missing person or murder cases that do not directly affect them is the time to get up and go to the bathroom or check on what they have cooking. For the one person who might be able to make a connection they're going to have to be some place with someone who does follow this case and point out, "Look at this video, have you followed this case?" Then for that one person it might be the proverbial 2x4 that hits them in the head.

Agreed. Very good show especially when Becky recounted her memories from the day the girls went missing and the following day when they were found. I linked the video on Reddit. The poster who does the Delphi timeline was appreciative and said he found Becky's account helpful.

I didn't realize that Becky didn't learn quickly that the girls were found dead. That was the sobering aspect to me. Apparently she had at least several minutes believing they had been found alive. That changed when she saw her sister sobbing uncontrollably while sitting on a trailer, not far from the trailhead and drop off point. The sister must have been within the search party who found the girls. Becky's sister kept telling Becky how sorry she was, while continuing to cry. The sister said she saw them. But apparently the sister didn't fully spell it out. Becky said she didn't grasp the situation until Mike called her aside and then especially when she saw the coroner's van driving past. That must have been on County Road 300 toward the cemetery.

At the end Becky mentioned genealogical DNA and that she saw Paul Holes exchange cards with Jerry Holeman at CrimeCon. Becky offered some hope that genealogical DNA work is being done. Becky seems to have been told that CeCe Moore is not involved. She doesn't know if anything is being done with genealogy but emphasized that she hopes so, that while CeCe Moore would be the ideal one to do it, there are many others capable of doing it also.

I agree so much with your thoughts! This is a jacket that "yes" may not be distinctive but IS a jacket that someone would recognize someone they know wearing if you combine it with the video, the gait, the words! There are people out there that know and probably suspect this person! They just need to provide the lead to bring that justice to these families! IMO

Agreed. Very good show especially when Becky recounted her memories from the day the girls went missing and the following day when they were found. I linked the video on Reddit. The poster who does the Delphi timeline was appreciative and said he found Becky's account helpful.

I didn't realize that Becky didn't learn quickly that the girls were found dead. That was the sobering aspect to me. Apparently she had at least several minutes believing they had been found alive. That changed when she saw her sister sobbing uncontrollably while sitting on a trailer, not far from the trailhead and drop off point. The sister must have been within the search party who found the girls. Becky's sister kept telling Becky how sorry she was, while continuing to cry. The sister said she saw them. But apparently the sister didn't fully spell it out. Becky said she didn't grasp the situation until Mike called her aside and then especially when she saw the coroner's van driving past. That must have been on County Road 300 toward the cemetery.

At the end Becky mentioned genealogical DNA and that she saw Paul Holes exchange cards with Jerry Holeman at CrimeCon. Becky offered some hope that genealogical DNA work is being done. Becky seems to have been told that CeCe Moore is not involved. She doesn't know if anything is being done with genealogy but emphasized that she hopes so, that while CeCe Moore would be the ideal one to do it, there are many others capable of doing it also.
Did not listen to the podcast, so maybe somebody can elaborate.

I do not understand why it took several minutes before BP understood that the girls were not found alive.

Does anybody know who first advised her that the girls had been found, what she was told, and in what manner she was told? How was the discovery of the girls first conveyed to her?

It just seems unusual to me that she would not have immediately understood....was it not straightforward from the first words?

Ok I just watched the In Pursit episode and I can't help but be again, so totally upset by ISP Carter's statements about the killer being a combination of sketch 1 and 2.

"Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say"
"The man depicted in an old sketch released to the public two years ago is no longer believed to be the person who killed teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, Indiana State Police said.

The man in the 2017 sketch was a person of interest in the investigation during that period, police said.
Now, that's no longer the case."...

..."While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."...

"The Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22," the release said."

I just don't understand the conflicting statements that ISP Carter has made. It truly baffles me as to why it continues without it being specifically explained, by him, as being a mistake was made and this is the correction. Isn't that what the whole releasing the second sketch was all about, righting a wrong? Apparently not in Carter's mind...why?
Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say
You know how I interpret this? One sketch was given by a witness, and that witness has been deemed non-credible.

Did not listen to the podcast, so maybe somebody can elaborate.

I do not understand why it took several minutes before BP understood that the girls were not found alive.

Does anybody know who first advised her that the girls had been found, what she was told, and in what manner she was told? How was the discovery of the girls first conveyed to her?

It just seems unusual to me that she would not have immediately understood....was it not straightforward from the first words?
Per the interview with Tricia....
She thought they meant they were found *alive*. She was told they were found, not that they were found deceased. My first reaction would be that they were found alive too. I mean who would think two kids murdered in Delphi, IN?
Seems so improbable, but sadly true.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads